Gene Symbol: CPC
Description: Homeodomain-like superfamily protein
Alias: CAPRICE, F11C10.10, MYB FAMILY TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR CPC
Species: thale cress
- Epidermal cell differentiation in Arabidopsis determined by a Myb homolog, CPCT Wada
Division I of Gene Expression and Regulation, National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki, 444, Japan
Science 277:1113-6. 1997..The mutated gene CAPRICE (CPC) encoded a protein with a Myb-like DNA binding domain typical of transcription factors involved in animal ..
- WEREWOLF, a MYB-related protein in Arabidopsis, is a position-dependent regulator of epidermal cell patterningM M Lee
Department of Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 1048, USA
Cell 99:473-83. 1999..expression of the GLABRA2 homeobox gene, to interact with a bHLH protein, and to act in opposition to the CAPRICE MYB...
- Role of a positive regulator of root hair development, CAPRICE, in Arabidopsis root epidermal cell differentiationTakuji Wada
Plant Science Center, RIKEN, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Development 129:5409-19. 2002..Previous studies showed CAPRICE (CPC) promotes differentiation of hair-forming cells by controlling a negative regulator, GLABRA2 (GL2), which is ..
- Regulation of CAPRICE transcription by MYB proteins for root epidermis differentiation in ArabidopsisYoshihiro Koshino-Kimura
Department of Botany, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, 606 8502 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 46:817-26. 2005..Two types of MYB-related transcription factors are involved in this cell differentiation. One of these, CAPRICE (CPC), encoding an R3-type MYB protein, is a positive regulator of hair cell differentiation and is ..
- Cell-to-cell movement of the CAPRICE protein in Arabidopsis root epidermal cell differentiationTetsuya Kurata
Plant Science Center, RIKEN, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Development 132:5387-98. 2005b>CAPRICE (CPC), a small, R3-type Myb-like protein, is a positive regulator of root hair development in Arabidopsis. Cell-to-cell movement of CPC is important for the differentiation of epidermal cells into trichoblasts (root hair cells)...
- Root hair formation at the root-hypocotyl junction in CPC-LIKE MYB double and triple mutants of ArabidopsisTakuji Wada
a Graduate School of Biosphere Sciences Hiroshima University Higashi Hiroshima, Japan
Plant Signal Behav 10:e1089372. 2015In Arabidopsis thaliana, R3-type MYB genes, CAPRICE (CPC) and its family of genes including TRIPTYCHON (TRY), ENHANCER OF TRY AND CPC1 (ETC1), ETC2 and CPC-LIKE MYB3 cooperatively regulate epidermal cell differentiation...
- Overexpressing CAPRICE and GLABRA3 did not change the anthocyanin content of tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) fruit peelTakuji Wada
a Graduate School of Biosphere Sciences Hiroshima University Higashi Hiroshima, Japan
Plant Signal Behav 10:e1000131. 2015In Arabidopsis thaliana, the R3-type MYB transcription factor CAPRICE (CPC) and bHLH transcription factor GLABRA3 (GL3) cooperatively regulate epidermal cell differentiation...
- The paralogous R3 MYB proteins CAPRICE, TRIPTYCHON and ENHANCER OF TRY AND CPC1 play pleiotropic and partly non-redundant roles in the phosphate starvation response of Arabidopsis rootsChun Ying Chen
Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences Program, Taiwan International Graduate Program, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan, and National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan Graduate Institute of Biotechnology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Exp Bot 66:4821-34. 2015..Three partly redundant single R3 MYB proteins, CAPRICE (CPC), ENHANCER OF TRY AND CPC1 (ETC1) and TRIPTYCHON (TRY), positively regulate the root hair cell fate by ..
- TRANSPARENT TESTA GLABRA1 and GLABRA1 Compete for Binding to GLABRA3 in ArabidopsisMartina Pesch
Biocenter, Cologne University, Botanical Institute, 50674 Cologne, Germany M P, I S, K K, J F U, M H Preclinical Target Development and Genomics and Proteomics Core Facilities, German Cancer Research Center, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany M K Center for Biochemistry, Institute of Biochemistry I, Medical Faculty, Cologne University, 50931 Cologne, Germany C S C andHeinrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany R S, S W P
Plant Physiol 168:584-97. 2015..We further show that two target promoters, Triptychon (TRY) and CAPRICE (CPC), are differentially regulated: GL1 represses the activation of the TRY promoter by GL3 and TTG1, and TTG1 ..
- TRIPTYCHON, not CAPRICE, participates in feedback regulation of SCM expression in the Arabidopsis root epidermisSu Hwan Kwak
a Biology Department Long Island University Brooklyn, NY USA
Plant Signal Behav 9:e973815. 2014..In this study, we determine that TRY, but not the related factor CPC, is responsible for this preferential SCM accumulation...
- SABRE is required for stabilization of root hair patterning in Arabidopsis thalianaStefano Pietra
Umea Plant Science Centre, Department of Plant Physiology, Umea University, Umea, SE 90187, Sweden
Physiol Plant 153:440-53. 2015..Double mutant analysis reveal that wer and caprice (cpc) mutants, defective in core components of the epidermal patterning pathway, genetically interact with sab...
- Nuclear trapping controls the position-dependent localization of CAPRICE in the root epidermis of ArabidopsisYeon Hee Kang
Department of Systems Biology, Yonsei University, 50 Yonsei ro, Seoul 120 749, Korea
Plant Physiol 163:193-204. 2013..A lateral inhibition mechanism mediated by an R3 single-repeat MYB protein, CAPRICE (CPC), has been proposed to explain the specification of the two types of root epidermal cells (hair cells and ..
- Flowering is delayed by mutations in homologous genes CAPRICE and TRYPTICHON in the early flowering Arabidopsis cpl3 mutantRumi Tominaga-Wada
Interdisciplinary Research Organization, University of Miyazaki, 1 1, Gakuen Kibanadai Nishi, Miyazaki 889 2192, Japan Electronic address
J Plant Physiol 170:1466-8. 2013b>CAPRICE (CPC) and CAPRICE-like (CPL) myeloblastosis (MYB) family members [including TRYPTICHON (TRY) and ENHANCER OF TRYPTICHON AND CAPRICE (ETC)] of Arabidopsis thaliana encode R3-type MYB transcription factors that promote root hair ..
- Mutual control of intracellular localisation of the patterning proteins AtMYC1, GL1 and TRY/CPC in ArabidopsisMartina Pesch
Biocenter, Cologne University, Botanical Institute, Zülpicher Straße 47b, 50674 Cologne, Germany
Development 140:3456-67. 2013..Conversely, AtMYC1 can be recruited into the nucleus by TRY and CPC, concomitant with a strong accumulation of TRY and CPC in the nucleus...
- CPC, a single-repeat R3 MYB, is a negative regulator of anthocyanin biosynthesis in ArabidopsisHui Fen Zhu
Department of Biology, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Mol Plant 2:790-802. 2009Single-repeat R3 MYB transcription factors like CPC (CAPRICE) are known to play roles in developmental processes such as root hair differentiation and trichome initiation...
- Cell fate in the Arabidopsis root epidermis is determined by competition between WEREWOLF and CAPRICESang Kee Song
Department of Systems Biology, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 749, Korea
Plant Physiol 157:1196-208. 2011..Two of these are WEREWOLF (WER) and CAPRICE (CPC), which encode MYB transcription factors that are required for promoting the nonhair cell fate and the hair ..
- A mutual support mechanism through intercellular movement of CAPRICE and GLABRA3 can pattern the Arabidopsis root epidermisNatasha Saint Savage
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
PLoS Biol 6:e235. 2008..Rather, our modelling suggests that patterning depends on the movement of the CAPRICE and GLABRA3 transcriptional regulators between epidermal cells...
- Functional analysis of the epidermal-specific MYB genes CAPRICE and WEREWOLF in ArabidopsisRumi Tominaga
Plant Science Center, RIKEN, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Plant Cell 19:2264-77. 2007..we analyzed the functional relationship of the R2R3-type MYB gene WEREWOLF (WER) and the R3-type MYB gene CAPRICE (CPC)...
- Comprehensive identification of Arabidopsis thaliana MYB transcription factors interacting with R/B-like BHLH proteinsIlona M Zimmermann
Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Carl von Linne Weg 10, D 50829 Koeln, Germany
Plant J 40:22-34. 2004..The results are discussed with respect to multi-functionality, specificity and redundancy of MYB and BHLH protein function...
- The bHLH genes GLABRA3 (GL3) and ENHANCER OF GLABRA3 (EGL3) specify epidermal cell fate in the Arabidopsis rootChristine Bernhardt
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, 830 North University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Development 130:6431-9. 2003..required for appropriate transcription of the non-hair specification gene GL2 and the hair cell specification gene CPC, showing that GL3 and EGL3 influence both epidermal cell fates...
- A network of redundant bHLH proteins functions in all TTG1-dependent pathways of ArabidopsisFan Zhang
Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, and the Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Development 130:4859-69. 2003..and plant overexpression studies show that EGL3, like GL3, interacts with TTG1, the myb proteins GL1, PAP1 and 2, CPC and TRY, and it will form heterodimers with GL3...
- TRIPTYCHON and CAPRICE mediate lateral inhibition during trichome and root hair patterning in ArabidopsisS Schellmann
ZMBP, Entwicklungsgenetik, Universitat Tubingen, Auf der Morgenstelle 3, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
EMBO J 21:5036-46. 2002..It has high sequence similarity to the root hair patterning gene CAPRICE. Both genes are expressed in trichomes and act together during lateral inhibition...
- Evolution and genetics of root hair stripes in the root epidermisL Dolan
Department of Cell Biology, John Innes Centre, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
J Exp Bot 52:413-7. 2001..WEREWOLF (WER) and GLABRA2 (GL2) are required for the formation of non-hair epidermal cells while CAPRICE (CPC) is required for hair cell development...