Genomes and Genes
penicillin binding protein 2
Gene Symbol: penicillin binding protein 2
Description: penicillin-binding protein 2
Species: Staphylococcus aureus subsp. aureus MRSA252
- Point mutations in Staphylococcus aureus PBP 2 gene affect penicillin-binding kinetics and are associated with resistanceC J Hackbarth
Division of Infectious Diseases, San Francisco General Hospital, California 94110
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 39:103-6. 1995..These structural and biochemical changes may contribute to the strains' resistance to beta-lactam antibiotics...
- Nucleotide sequence of the structural gene for the penicillin-binding protein 2 of Staphylococcus aureus and the presence of a homologous gene in other staphylococciK Murakami
Kanzakigawa Laboratory, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 117:131-6. 1994..Nucleotide sequences having some homology with the PBP2 gene and proteins cross-reactive with anti-PBP2 antibody were detected in some other species of staphylococci by polymerase chain reaction and Western blot analysis, respectively...
- Transcriptional induction of the penicillin-binding protein 2 gene in Staphylococcus aureus by cell wall-active antibiotics oxacillin and vancomycinSusan Boyle-Vavra
Department of Pediatrics, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:1028-36. 2003..These data support the idea that pbpB expression is modulated by a trans-acting factor in response to the presence of the cell wall-active antibiotics vancomycin and oxacillin...
- Penicillin-binding protein 2 is essential for expression of high-level vancomycin resistance and cell wall synthesis in vancomycin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carrying the enterococcal vanA gene complexAnatoly Severin
The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:4566-73. 2004..aureus (A. Severin, K. Tabei, F. Tenover, M. Chung, N. Clarke, and A. Tomasz, J. Biol. Chem. 279:3398-3407, 2004) is penicillin binding protein 2.
- Role of penicillin-binding protein 2 (PBP2) in the antibiotic susceptibility and cell wall cross-linking of Staphylococcus aureus: evidence for the cooperative functioning of PBP2, PBP4, and PBP2ATomasz A Łeski
The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Bacteriol 187:1815-24. 2005..aureus transpeptidases (PBP2 and PBP4) and an acquired transpeptidase (PBP2A) in staphylococcal cell wall biosynthesis and susceptibility to antimicrobial agents...
- Insertion of epicatechin gallate into the cytoplasmic membrane of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus disrupts penicillin-binding protein (PBP) 2a-mediated beta-lactam resistance by delocalizing PBP2Patricia Bernal
School of Pharmacy, University of London, London WC1N 1AX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:24055-65. 2010..We argue that many features of the ECg-induced phenotype can be explained by changes in the fluid dynamics of the CM...