Gene Symbol: melatonin receptor
Description: melatonin receptor 1A
Alias: MEL1A, MT1, melatonin receptor type 1A, G-protein coupled receptor, mel-1A-R, mel1a receptor, melatonin receptor 1 A protein, melatonin receptor protein 1A, melatonin receptor subtype A
- Polymorphism of the melatonin receptor MT1 gene and its relationship with seasonal reproductive activity in the Sarda sheep breedV Carcangiu
Dipartimento di Biologia Animale, Universita degli Studi di Sassari, Italy
Anim Reprod Sci 116:65-72. 2009The aim was to study the polymorphisms of the melatonin receptor 1A gene (MTNR1A) and its relationship with seasonal reproduction in the Sarda sheep breed...
- Cloning and characterization of a mammalian melatonin receptor that mediates reproductive and circadian responsesS M Reppert
Laboratory of Developmental Chronobiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114
Neuron 13:1177-85. 1994..Functional studies of NIH 3T3 cells stably expressing the sheep receptor show that the mammalian melatonin receptor is coupled to inhibition of adenylyl cyclase through a pertussis toxin-sensitive mechanism...
- Cloning and functional analysis of a polymorphic variant of the ovine Mel 1a melatonin receptorP Barrett
Molecular Neuroendocrinology Group, Rowett Research Institute, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1356:299-307. 1997We have isolated a novel variant of the Mel 1a melatonin receptor from an ovine PT cDNA library. Relative to the reported sequence for the Mel 1a melatonin receptor there are 8 changes in the DNA sequence...
- MTNR1A melatonin receptors in the ovine premammillary hypothalamus: day-night variation in the expression of the transcriptsMartine Migaud
Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, UMR 6175 INRA CNRS Universite de Tours Haras Nationaux, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Biol Reprod 72:393-8. 2005..Overall, these results show that MTNR1A transcripts are expressed in the ovine PMH and that their expression follows a diurnal rhythm, which is different from the pattern of expression observed in the PT...
- Regulation of the ovine MT1 melatonin receptor promoter: interaction between multiple pituitary transcription factors at different phases of developmentJonathan D Johnston
School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford GU2 7XH, UK
Mol Cell Endocrinol 268:59-66. 2007..data, in conjunction with our previous study of the rat MT(1) promoter, suggests a general model in which melatonin receptor expression in the mammalian pituitary is determined by the developmentally changing balance between ..
- Influence of melatonin receptor 1A gene polymorphisms on seasonal reproduction in Sarda ewes with different body condition scores and agesM C Mura
Dipartimento di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita degli Studi di Sassari, Via Vienna 2, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Anim Reprod Sci 149:173-7. 2014..In sheep, two silent mutations in the melatonin receptor 1A gene (MTNR1A) at positions 606 and 612 of the exon II are associated with seasonal reproduction...
- Assessment of Genetic Variability in the Coding Sequence of Melatonin Receptor Gene (MTNR1A) in Tropical Arid Sheep Breeds of IndiaV K Saxena
Molecular Physiology Laboratory, Division of Physiology and Biochemistry, Central Sheep and Wool Research Institute, Avikanagar, Rajasthan, India
Reprod Domest Anim 50:517-21. 2015..b>Melatonin receptor is the membrane-bound G-coupled receptor, sensing the message of photoperiodic cues thorough melatonin...
- Characterization of MTNR1A gene in terms of genetic variability in a panel of subtemperate and subtropical Indian sheep breedsVijay Kumar Saxena
Division of Physiology and Biochemistry, Central Sheep and Wool Research Institute, Malpura 304 501, India
J Genet 94:715-21. 2015..hormone which is secreted by the pineal gland in proportion to darkness and its effect is mediated by melatonin receptor subtypes, principally MTNR1A...
- Characterisation of the Melatonin Receptor 1A (MTNR1A) gene in the Rasa Aragonesa sheep breed: association with reproductive seasonalityA Martinez-Royo
Unidad de Tecnologia en Produccion Animal, CITA, Zaragoza, Spain
Anim Reprod Sci 133:169-75. 2012The ovine Melatonin Receptor 1A (MTNR1A) gene was structurally characterised and association between its variants and the reproductive seasonality was examined in a daughter design comprising three families of Rasa Aragonesa sheep breed...
- Identification and immunolocalisation of melatonin MT(1) and MT(2) receptors in Rasa Aragonesa ram spermatozoaAdriana Casao
Grupo Biología y Fisiología de la Reproducción, Instituto de Investigación de Ciencias Ambientales de Aragón, Universidad de Zaragoza, C Miguel Servet 177, 500013, Zaragoza, Spain
Reprod Fertil Dev 24:953-61. 2012..In conclusion, we provide evidence of the presence of MT(1) and MT(2) receptors in ram spermatozoa, although the biochemical pathway triggered by these receptors and their function in terms of fertility remains to be elucidated...
- Association between melatonin receptor 1A gene polymorphism and reproductive performance in Dorset ewesR G Mateescu
Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
J Anim Sci 87:2485-8. 2009..To evaluate the relationship between the melatonin receptor 1A (MTNR1A) gene and reproductive performance, records were compared in Dorset and 3/4-Dorset x 1/4-East ..
- A polymorphism at the melatonin receptor 1A (MTNR1A) gene in Sarda ewes affects fertility after AI in the springVincenzo Carcangiu
Dipartimento di Biologia Animale, Universita degli Studi di Sassari, Via Vienna 2, 07100, Sassari, Italy
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:376-80. 2011..01). In conclusion, there was a positive correlation between MTNR1A allele polymorphisms the reproductive response following synchronisation and AI in the spring...