Genomes and Genes
insulin like growth factor I
Gene Symbol: insulin like growth factor I
Description: insulin like growth factor 1
Alias: IGF-I, insulin-like growth factor I, insulin-like growth factor 1 (somatomedin C), somatomedin
- Cloning of ovine insulin-like growth factor-I cDNAs: heterogeneity in the mRNA populationE A Wong
Department of Animal Science, University of Minnesota, St Paul 55108
DNA 8:649-57. 1989..Northern blot analysis revealed multiple oIGF-I transcripts in a broad band at 800-1,100 nucleotides and other transcripts of higher molecular weight in liver. There was no detectable expression in either spleen or brain...
- Association between DLK1 and IGF-I gene expression and meat quality in sheepR Su
Animal Science and Technology College, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, China
Genet Mol Res 13:10308-19. 2014..01) correlated with muscle fiber density. In addition, DLK-1 expression was significantly (P < 0.01) and positively correlated with IGF-I expression. ..
- Periconceptional undernutrition modifies endocrine profiles and hepatic gene expression in sheepV De Brun
Laboratorio de Técnicas Nucleares, Facultad de Veterinaria, Montevideo, Uruguay
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 99:710-8. 2015..This study shows that undernutrition modifies endocrine profiles and hepatic gene expression of IGFBP2 and 5. The pregnancy status increased hepatic gene expression of IGFBP4 and ADIPOR2 mRNA in undernourished ewes. ..
- Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) and insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1 association with a Mannheimia haemolytica infection in sheepYaser H Tarazi
Department of Basic Veterinary Medical Science, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Jordan University of Science and Technology, P O Box 3030, Irbid 22110, Jordan Electronic address
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 161:151-60. 2014..This study, for the first time, closely describes the distribution of some key and new inflammatory parameters in the tissue homogenate of affected lungs. ..
- Effects of different dietary intake on mRNA levels of MSTN, IGF-I, and IGF-II in the skeletal muscle of Dorper and Hu sheep hybrid F1 ramsH J Xing
Jiangsu Engineering Technology Research Center of Meat Sheep and Goat Industry, College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China
Genet Mol Res 13:5258-68. 2014..This study contributes valuable information for enhancing the molecular-based breeding of sheep. ..
- Poor maternal nutrition during gestation in sheep reduces circulating concentrations of insulin-like growth factor-I and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 in offspringM L Hoffman
Department of Animal Science, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, USA
Domest Anim Endocrinol 49:39-48. 2014..06). In conclusion, poor maternal nutrition during gestation reduced growth rate in offspring which may be because of reduced circulating IGF-I and IGFBP-3 and decreased expression of IGFBP-3 in the liver. ..
- Developmental changes in IGF-I and MyoG gene expression and their association with meat traits in sheepW Sun
Animal Science and Technology College, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, China
Genet Mol Res 13:2772-83. 2014..01). We conclude that the expressions of IGF-I and MyoG genes are significantly and positively correlated with early muscle traits of Hu sheep. ..
- Fertility in a high-altitude environment is compromised by luteal dysfunction: the relative roles of hypoxia and oxidative stressVictor H Parraguez
Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, University of Chile, Casilla 2, Correo 15, La Granja, Santiago, Chile
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 11:24. 2013..In the present work, we tested the relative effect of short- or long-term exposure to high altitude hypobaric hypoxia and oxidative stress on corpora luteal structure and function...
- Polymorphism of insulin-like growth factor 1 gene and its association with litter size in Small Tail Han sheepJ N He
Key Laboratory of Farm Animal Genetic Resources and Germplasm Innovation of Ministry of Agriculture, Institute of Animal Science, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing 100193, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 39:9801-7. 2012..05) in Small Tail Han sheep. These results preliminarily indicated that these polymorphisms of IGF1 gene could be used in molecular marker-assisted selection for sheep breeding programs...
- Intrauterine growth restriction and differential patterns of hepatic growth and expression of IGF1, PCK2, and HSDL1 mRNA in the sheep fetus in late gestationSheridan Gentili
Early Origins of Adult Health Research Group, Sansom Institute, School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, University of South Australia, South Australia, Australia
Biol Reprod 80:1121-7. 2009..The present study highlights that intrahepatic responses to fetal substrate restriction may exist that protect the liver from decreased growth and, potentially, from a decreased responsiveness to the actions of insulin in postnatal life...
- Differential regulation of igf1 and igf1r mRNA levels in the two hepatic lobes following intrauterine growth restriction and its treatment with intra-amniotic insulin-like growth factor-1 in ovine fetusesRevati A Darp
Liggins Institute, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Reprod Fertil Dev 22:1188-97. 2010..Furthermore, igf1 and igf1r mRNA levels are differentially expressed in the two hepatic lobes and relative expression in the two lobes is altered by both IUGR and intra-amniotic IGF-1 treatment...
- The ovine insulin-like growth factor-I gene: characterization, expression and identification of a putative promoterM C Dickson
Department of Biochemistry, AFRC Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics Research, Babraham, Cambridge
J Mol Endocrinol 6:17-31. 1991....
- Influence of maternal undernutrition and overfeeding on cardiac ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor and ventricular size in fetal sheepFeng Dong
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
J Nutr Biochem 19:409-14. 2008....
- [The developmental patterns of GH-R, IGF-1 and IGF-IR gene expression in sheep skin]Bin Jia
College of Animal Science and Technology, XinJiang Shihezi Agricultural University, Shihezi, China
Yi Chuan 28:1078-82. 2006..The results suggest that GH-R, IGF-1 and IGF-IR mRNA expression in the skin of sheep follows specific developmental patterns, and different patterns exist between the two breeds...
- Anabolic effects of insulin and IGF-I in the ovine fetus are reduced by prolonged maternal fastingWeihua Shen
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Inidiana, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 288:E907-13. 2005..Therefore, adaptive responses characterized by insulin resistance begin in utero when the fetus is subjected to sufficient nutritional stress...
- Characterization of two sheep insulin-like growth factor II cDNAs with different 5'-untranslated regionsJ Demmer
Department of Biochemistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Biochim Biophys Acta 1173:79-80. 1993..The sheep could therefore be a good model system in which to study IGF-II expression...
- Characterization of multiple transcription initiation sites of the ovine insulin-like growth factor-I gene and expression profiles of three alternatively spliced transcriptsS M Ohlsen
Department of Animal Science, VPI and SU, Blacksburg, VA 24061 0306
DNA Cell Biol 12:243-51. 1993..Exon W transcripts were also found to be expressed in all tissues examined. Thus, the three alternatively spliced ovine IGF-I transcripts were expressed in a variety of fetal and adult tissues...
- Simultaneous isolation of insulin-like growth factors I and II from adult sheep serumA W Hey
Department of Physiology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Biochim Biophys Acta 997:27-35. 1989..The isolation procedure represents one of general utility that can be easily modified to facilitate the isolation of recombinant IGFs from culture fluid...
- Sheep insulin-like growth factors I and II: sequences, activities and assaysG L Francis
CSIRO Division of Human Nutrition, Adelaide, Australia
Endocrinology 124:1173-83. 1989..This study shows that IGFs from sheep are very similar to those of human and bovine in structure and activity and defines sensitive radioligand assays specific for ovine IGF-I and ovine IGF-II...