Gene Symbol: GH
Description: growth hormone
Alias: GH1, somatotropin, growth hormone 12
- Cloning and nucleotide sequencing of sheep growth hormone cDNAC Guron
Embryo Biotechnology Laboratory, National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, India
Indian J Exp Biol 30:659-63. 1992..The sequence for the sheep growth hormone (GH) is in agreement with the amino acid sequence of the protein determined previously except for the asparagine residue ..
- Influence of season and nutritional status on the direct effects of leptin, orexin-A and ghrelin on luteinizing hormone and growth hormone secretion in the ovine pituitary explant modelK Kirsz
Laboratory of Biotechnology and Genomics, Department of Swine and Small Ruminant Breeding, Agricultural University in Krakow, Krakow, Poland
Domest Anim Endocrinol 48:69-76. 2014..ie, independently of hypothalamic influences) affect the secretion of luteinizing hormone (LH) and growth hormone (GH) by adenohypophyseal (AP) explants obtained from normally fed or fasted (48 h) ewes during the breeding and ..
- Growth hormone polymorphisms and growth traits in Chinese Tibetan sheep Ovis ariesY C Han
The Animal Genetics and Breeding Laboratory, Qinghai Academy of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Qinghai University, Xining, China
Genet Mol Res 15:. 2016Growth hormone (GH) plays an important role in promoting growth, protein and muscle accretion, and fat catabolism, suggesting that GH is a potential candidate gene affecting growth traits in vertebrates...
- Cloning, sequence and expression in Escherichia coli of cDNA for ovine pregrowth hormoneJ M Warwick
Biochemistry Laboratory, School of Biological Sciences, University of Sussex, Brighton U K
Biochim Biophys Acta 1008:247-50. 1989..The predicted sequence for ovine GH agrees with that determined previously on the protein, except that residue 99 is asparagine rather than aspartic ..
- Cloning and sequencing of the ovine growth hormone geneJ M Orian
Department of Veterinary Preclinical Sciences, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Nucleic Acids Res 16:9046. 1988
- The isolation and characterisation of the ovine growth hormone geneC R Byrne
Division of Animal Production, CSIRO, Blacktown, N S W, Australia
Aust J Biol Sci 40:459-68. 1987..The gene is flanked by artiodactyl-specific middle-repetitive DNA, consisting mainly of elements belonging to the 'C-A3' family of repeated DNA. A previously unreported sequence has been found, which we have named an 'E' element...
- The primary structure of sheep pituitary growth hormoneC H Li
Arch Biochem Biophys 156:493-508. 1973
- Ovine growth hormone. Sequence of the C-terminal 68 amino acidsJ T Bellair
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 46:1128-34. 1972
- Expression of the growth hormone gene in ovine placenta: detection and cellular localization of the proteinM C Lacroix
Unité de Recherche sur l Endocrinologie du Placenta et de la Périnatalité, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Jouy en Josas, France
Endocrinology 137:4886-92. 1996In several species, placenta has been found to express GH-related proteins...
- Ovine growth hormone gene duplication--structural and evolutionary implicationsR Ofir
Institute of Animal Science, Agricultural Research Organization, Volcani Center, Bet Dagan, Israel
Mamm Genome 8:770-2. 1997
- Interleukin-1beta and tumor necrosis factor-alpha mediation of endotoxin action on growth hormoneJ A Daniel
Animal and Range Sciences, South Dakota State University, Brookings, South Dakota, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 289:E650-7. 2005In humans and sheep, endotoxin (LPS) administration results in increased growth hormone (GH) concentrations. To determine the role of cytokines in the effect of LPS on GH, sheep were challenged with IL-1beta or TNF-alpha...
- Pituitary and placental ovine growth hormone variants differ in their receptor-binding ability and in their biological propertiesS Reicher
Institute of Biochemistry, Food Science and Nutrition, Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, P O Box 12, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Gen Comp Endocrinol 155:368-77. 2008..Thus the product of the oGH duplicated copy has higher affinity for GHR and higher somatogenic activity. As the GH2-Z gene copy is expressed in the placenta, allelic differences at the oGH locus may influence feto-placental development...
- Pulsatile cerebrospinal fluid and plasma ghrelin in relation to growth hormone secretion and food intake in the sheepD Grouselle
UMR 894 INSERM, Centre de Psychiatrie and Neuroscience, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Neuroendocrinol 20:1138-46. 2008As in other species, exogenous administration of ghrelin, an endogenous ligand for the growth hormone (GH) secretagogue receptors can stimulates feeding behaviour and GH secretion in the sheep...
- Ghrelin differentially modulates the GH secretory response to GHRH between the fed and fasted states in sheepH Takahashi
School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Kitasato University, Towada shi, Aomori, Japan
Domest Anim Endocrinol 37:55-60. 2009The effect of energy balance on the growth hormone (GH) secretory responsiveness to growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) has not been determined in ruminant animals. Therefore, we examined the effects of intravenous injections of 0, 3...
- Effects of maternal deprivation on the somatotrophic axis and neuropeptide Y in the hypothalamus and pituitary in female lambs. The histomorphometric studyJolanta Polkowska
Department of Endocrinology, The Kielanowski Institute of Animal Physiology and Nutrition, Polish Academy of Sciences
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 48:299-305. 2010..the neurons of the periventricular nucleus (PEV) and in nerve terminals of the median eminence (ME), growth hormone (GH) in the adenohypophyseal cells and NPY in the neurons of the PEV and arcuate (ARC) nuclei of the hypothalamus using ..
- PCR-SSCP variation of GH and STAT5A genes and their association with estimated breeding values of growth traits in Baluchi sheepMojtaba Tahmoorespur
Department of Animal Science, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran
Anim Biotechnol 22:37-43. 2011Growth hormone (GH) selected for its important role in economically relevant traits and signal transducers and activators of transcription 5A (STAT5A) is also known as a main mediator of growth hormone action on target genes...
- Sheep growth hormonePatent Number: EP0363063-A2; Date:1990-04-11