Gene Symbol: sam1
Description: S-adenosylmethionine synthetase
Species: Schizosaccharomyces pombe 972h-
- Gene sam1 encoding adenosylmethionine synthetase: effects of its expression in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombeN Hilti
Institute of General Microbiology, University of Berne, CH 3012 Berne, Switzerland
Yeast 16:1-10. 2000..encoding part of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae S-adenosylmethionine synthetase (SAMS), we isolated the fission yeast sam1 gene...
- Interaction between a negative regulator (Msa2/Nrd1) and a positive regulator (Cpc2) of sexual differentiation in Schizosaccharomyces pombeHee Tae Jeong
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Faculty of Life and Environmental Science, Shimane University, 1060 Nishikawatsu, Matsue 690 8504, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 68:1621-6. 2004..We isolated a gene called msa2 as a multi-copy suppressor of a sporulation abnormal mutant (sam1)...
- The zinc finger protein Gsf1 regulates Gsf2-dependent flocculation in fission yeastTomohiko Matsuzawa
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
FEMS Yeast Res 13:259-66. 2013..Taken together, these results suggest that nonsexual flocculation in fission yeast is negatively controlled by Gsf1, which controls expression of mbx2(+) and gsf2(+) ...
- Psychological consideration for the dentist with cancer patientsA D McCorkle
Va Dent J 52:12-5. 1975
- A novel gene, msa1, inhibits sexual differentiation in Schizosaccharomyces pombeHee Tae Jeong
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Faculty of Life and Environmental Science, Shimane University, Matsue 690 8504, Japan
Genetics 167:77-91. 2004..Therefore, we suggest that the primary function of Msa1 is to negatively regulate sexual differentiation by controlling the expression of Ste11-regulated genes, possibly through the pheromone-signaling pathway...