Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TKL1
Description: transketolase TKL1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Structure and functioning mechanism of transketolaseGerman A Kochetov
A N Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, 119991 Moscow, Russian Federation Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1844:1608-18. 2014..Some progress was also made in studies of the functional properties of transketolase. The last review on transketolase, which was fairly complete, appeared in 1998 . Therefore, the publication of this paper should not seem premature. ..
- Characterization of non-oxidative transaldolase and transketolase enzymes in the pentose phosphate pathway with regard to xylose utilization by recombinant Saccharomyces cerevisiaeAkinori Matsushika
Biomass Technology Research Center BTRC, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, 3 11 32 Kagamiyama, Higashi Hiroshima, Hiroshima 739 0046, Japan
Enzyme Microb Technol 51:16-25. 2012..Overexpression of TAL1 and TKL1, the major transaldolase and transketolase genes, increases the flux from the pentose phosphate pathway into the ..
- The pentose phosphate pathway in the endoplasmic reticulumC Bublitz
Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics, and Genetics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262
J Biol Chem 263:12849-53. 1988..The activity of the microsomal pentose phosphate pathway is estimated to be about 1.5% that of the cytoplasmic pathway...
- TKL2, a second transketolase gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cloning, sequence and deletion analysis of the geneI Schaaff-Gerstenschlager
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Technische Hochschule Darmstadt, Germany
Eur J Biochem 217:487-92. 1993..Yeast mutants with a deletion of the transketolase gene, TKL1, can grow without aromatic amino acid supplement indicating an additional source of erythrose 4-phosphate in the ..
- Yeast TKL1 gene encodes a transketolase that is required for efficient glycolysis and biosynthesis of aromatic amino acidsM Sundstrom
Department Molecular Biology, Swedish University of Agricultural Science, Uppsala Biomedical Center
J Biol Chem 268:24346-52. 1993A gene encoding transketolase, TKL1, was cloned from the budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae using oligonucleotide primers derived from protein sequence data...
- Pentose-phosphate pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: analysis of deletion mutants for transketolase, transaldolase, and glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenaseI Schaaff-Gerstenschlager
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, TH Darmstadt, Germany
Curr Genet 24:373-6. 1993Deletion mutants for the yeast transketolase gene TKL1 were constructed by gene replacement. Transketolase activity was below the level of detection in mutant crude extracts...
- Xylose-metabolizing Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains overexpressing the TKL1 and TAL1 genes encoding the pentose phosphate pathway enzymes transketolase and transaldolaseM Walfridsson
Department of Applied Microbiology, Lund University, Sweden
Appl Environ Microbiol 61:4184-90. 1995..cerevisiae lacks. In order to increase the flux through the pentose phosphate pathway, the S. cerevisiae TKL1 and TAL1 genes encoding transketolase and transaldolase were overexpressed. A XYL1- and XYL2-containing S...
- The yeast copper/zinc superoxide dismutase and the pentose phosphate pathway play overlapping roles in oxidative stress protectionK H Slekar
Division of Toxicological Sciences, Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 271:28831-6. 1996..Here we report that these two sod1Delta phenotypes were specifically suppressed by elevated expression of the TKL1 gene, encoding transketolase of the pentose phosphate pathway...
- Kinetic study of the H103A mutant yeast transketolaseVitaliy A Selivanov
A N Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Moscow State University, 119992 Moscow, GSP 2, Russia
FEBS Lett 567:270-4. 2004..Our results provide evidence for the intermediate-stabilizing function of His103...
- Donor substrate regulation of transketolaseOlga A Esakova
A N Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
Eur J Biochem 271:4189-94. 2004..The enhancement of thiamin diphosphate's affinity to apotransketolase in the presence of donor substrate is probably one of the mechanisms underlying the substrate-affected transketolase regulation at low coenzyme concentrations...
- Binding of the coenzyme and formation of the transketolase active centerG A Kochetov
A N Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Moscow State University, Russia
IUBMB Life 57:491-7. 2005....
- Loss of SOD1 and LYS7 sensitizes Saccharomyces cerevisiae to hydroxyurea and DNA damage agents and downregulates MEC1 pathway effectorsCarole D Carter
Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, National Naval Medical Center, Building 8, Room 5101, 8901 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20889 5105, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:10273-85. 2005..The HU sensitivity of sod1Delta and lys7Delta strains is suppressed by overexpression of TKL1, a transketolase that generates NADPH, which balances redox in the cell and is required for ribonucleotide ..
- Cu, Zn superoxide dismutase and NADP(H) homeostasis are required for tolerance of endoplasmic reticulum stress in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeShi Xiong Tan
Ramaciotti Centre for Gene Function Analysis, School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Mol Biol Cell 20:1493-508. 2009..superoxide dismutase (SOD) function (SOD1, CCS1) or affected in NADPH generation via the pentose phosphate pathway (TKL1, RPE1)...
- Cooperative binding of substrates to transketolase from Saccharomyces cerevisiaeI A Sevostyanova
Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, 119991, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 74:789-92. 2009..In the presence of Mg2+, nonequivalence of the active sites is not observed...
- Halogenated pyruvate derivatives as substrates of transketolase from Saccharomyces cerevisiaeO A Esakova
Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 74:1234-8. 2009..The fundamental possibility was demonstrated of using halogenated pyruvate derivatives as donors of the halogen-hydroxyethyl group in organic synthesis of halogenated carbohydrates involving transketolase...
- Characterizing the connectivity of poly-ubiquitin chains by selected reaction monitoring mass spectrometryHamid Mirzaei
Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, WA 98103, USA
Mol Biosyst 6:2004-14. 2010..cerevisiae. We then applied the method to detect toxin induced changes in the poly-ubiquitination profile in complex and enriched protein samples...
- OLIGONUCLEOTIDE CONJUGATES, COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS FOR SPLITTING RIBONUCLEIC ACIDSPatent Number: WO9607667-A1; Date:1996-03-14