Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: STL1
Description: glucose-inactivated glycerol proton symporter STL1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- The role of glycerol transporters in yeast cells in various physiological and stress conditionsMichala Duskova
Department of Membrane Transport, Institute of Physiology Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, v v i, Videnska 1083, 14220 Prague, Czech Republic
FEMS Microbiol Lett 362:1-8. 2015..Though the triple mutant hog1Δ stl1Δ fps1Δ was viable, it was highly sensitive to various stresses...
- The C-terminal region of the Hot1 transcription factor binds GGGACAAA-related sequences in the promoter of its target genesMercè Gomar-Alba
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Ciencies Biologiques, Universitat de Valencia, Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1849:1385-97. 2015..We also describe how this domain recognizes sequence 5'-GGGACAAA-3' located in the promoter of gene STL1. The bioinformatics analysis carried out in this work allowed the identification of identical or similar sequences (..
- Increasing ethanol titer and yield in a gpd1Δ gpd2Δ strain by simultaneous overexpression of GLT1 and STL1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJingyu Wang
Key Laboratory of Systems Bioengineering of the Ministry of Education, Department of Biochemical Engineering, School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin, 300072, China
Biotechnol Lett 35:1859-64. 2013..Two strains, S812 (gpd1Δ gpd2Δ PGK1p-GLT1) and LE17 (gpd1Δ gpd2Δ PGK1p-GLT1 PGKp-STL1) were generated that showed a 8 and 8...
- The STL1 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is predicted to encode a sugar transporter-like proteinS Zhao
International Centre for Brewing and Distilling, Heriot Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh, UK
Gene 146:215-9. 1994..This gene, STL1, was identified as an open reading frame (ORF) closely linked to the cinnamic-acid-resistance gene POF1 on ..
- MAP kinase-mediated stress relief that precedes and regulates the timing of transcriptional inductionMarkus Proft
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 118:351-61. 2004....
- A member of the sugar transporter family, Stl1p is the glycerol/H+ symporter in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeCélia Ferreira
Carlsberg Laboratory, Copenhagen Valby, Denmark
Mol Biol Cell 16:2068-76. 2005..Deletion of STL1, which encodes a member of the sugar transporter family, eliminates active glycerol transport...
- Glucose repression over Saccharomyces cerevisiae glycerol/H+ symporter gene STL1 is overcome by high temperatureCélia Ferreira
Centro de Biologia CB UM, Departamento de Biologia da Universidade do Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4710 057 Braga, Portugal
FEBS Lett 581:1923-7. 2007High temperature promotes an improved activity of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae glycerol/H(+) symporter encoded by STL1, which correlates well with Stl1p levels...