Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SKP1
Description: SCF ubiquitin ligase subunit SKP1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- A complex of Cdc4p, Skp1p, and Cdc53p/cullin catalyzes ubiquitination of the phosphorylated CDK inhibitor Sic1pR M Feldman
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
Cell 91:221-30. 1997..Taken together, these data illuminate the molecular basis for the G1/S transition in budding yeast and suggest a general mechanism for phosphorylation-targeted ubiquitination in eukaryotes...
- The Saccharomyces cerevisiae kinetochore contains a cyclin-CDK complexing homologue, as identified by in vitro reconstitutionO Stemmann
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitat Regensburg, Germany
EMBO J 15:3611-20. 1996..Therefore, Cbf3d is the only CBF3 protein that has a known homologue in higher eukaryotes and may provide the anchor that directs cell cycle-regulated proteins to the kinetochore...
- Feedback-regulated degradation of the transcriptional activator Met4 is triggered by the SCF(Met30 )complexA Rouillon
Centre de Genetique Moleculaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
EMBO J 19:282-94. 2000..Thus Met4p appears to control its own degradation by regulating the amount of assembled SCF(Met30) ubiquitin ligase...
- Skp1p and the F-box protein Rcy1p form a non-SCF complex involved in recycling of the SNARE Snc1p in yeastJ M Galan
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, 1066 Epalinges VD, Switzerland
Mol Cell Biol 21:3105-17. 2001..Importantly, Skp1p was the only major partner that copurified with Rcy1p. Our results thus suggest that a complex composed of Rcy1p and Skp1p but not other SCF components may play a direct role in recycling of internalized proteins...
- Participation of Bir1p, a member of the inhibitor of apoptosis family, in yeast chromosome segregation eventsH J Yoon
Department of Molecular, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:13208-13. 1999..or the C-terminal region of Bir1p can efficiently suppress the chromosome-loss phenotype of both bir1Delta null and skp1-4 mutants...
- SGT1 encodes an essential component of the yeast kinetochore assembly pathway and a novel subunit of the SCF ubiquitin ligase complexK Kitagawa
Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Mol Cell 4:21-33. 1999We have identified SGT1 as a dosage suppressor of skp1-4, a mutation causing defects in yeast kinetochore function. Sgt1p physically associates with Skp1p in vivo and in vitro...
- The spindle checkpoint of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae requires kinetochore function and maps to the CBF3 domainR D Gardner
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia Medical Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0733, USA
Genetics 157:1493-502. 2001..We conclude that the kinetochore plays a critical role in checkpoint signaling in S. cerevisiae. Spindle checkpoint activity maps to a discreet domain within the kinetochore and depends on the CBF3 protein complex...
- Sgt1p and Skp1p modulate the assembly and turnover of CBF3 complexes required for proper kinetochore functionMonica C Rodrigo-Brenni
Section of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California, Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:3366-78. 2004..The assembly of CBF3 is opposed by its turnover and disruption of this balance compromises kinetochore function without affecting kinetochore formation on centromeric DNA...
- A putative protein complex consisting of Ctf19, Mcm21, and Okp1 represents a missing link in the budding yeast kinetochoreJ Ortiz
Institut fur Biochemie, Genetik und Mikrobiologie, Universitat Regensburg, 93040 Regensburg, Germany
Genes Dev 13:1140-55. 1999....
- Sgt1 associates with Hsp90: an initial step of assembly of the core kinetochore complexParmil K Bansal
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale St, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:8069-79. 2004..In budding yeast, Sgt1, together with Skp1, is required for assembly of the core kinetochore complex (CBF3) via Ctf13 activation...
- Rbx1, a component of the VHL tumor suppressor complex and SCF ubiquitin ligaseT Kamura
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Program in Molecular and Cell Biology, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Science 284:657-61. 1999..These findings provide a further link between VHL and the cellular ubiquitination machinery...
- Ctf19p: A novel kinetochore protein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and a potential link between the kinetochore and mitotic spindleK M Hyland
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Cell Biol 145:15-28. 1999..We propose that Ctf19p is part of a macromolecular kinetochore complex, which may function as a link between the kinetochore and the mitotic spindle...
- Unique role for the UbL-UbA protein Ddi1 in turnover of SCFUfo1 complexesYelena Ivantsiv
Department of Life Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheba 84105, Israel
Mol Cell Biol 26:1579-88. 2006..the UIMs leads to stabilization of Ufo1 and to cell cycle arrest at G1/S of cells with long buds resembling skp1 mutants...
- Human CUL1 forms an evolutionarily conserved ubiquitin ligase complex (SCF) with SKP1 and an F-box proteinS A Lyapina
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:7451-6. 1998....
- A longevity protein, Lag2, interacts with SCF complex and regulates SCF functionYuan Liu
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
EMBO J 28:3366-77. 2009..These observations thus indicate that Lag2 has a significant function in regulating the SCF complex by controlling its ubiquitin ligase activities and its rubylation cycle...
- Cullin neddylation and substrate-adaptors counteract SCF inhibition by the CAND1-like protein Lag2 in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeEdyta Siergiejuk
ETH Zurich, Institute of Biochemistry, Schafmattstrasse 18, Zurich, Switzerland
EMBO J 28:3845-56. 2009..Binding occurs through a conserved C-terminal beta-hairpin structure that inserts into the Skp1-binding pocket on the cullin, and an N-terminal motif that covers the neddylation lysine...
- A transcriptional activator is part of an SCF ubiquitin ligase to control degradation of its cofactorsIkram Ouni
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, 240D Med Sci I, Irvine, CA 92697 1700, USA
Mol Cell 40:954-64. 2010..Our results establish an additional layer for substrate recruitment by SCF ubiquitin ligases and provide conceptual insight into coordinated regulation of protein complexes...
- Regulating the yeast kinetochore by ubiquitin-dependent degradation and Skp1p-mediated phosphorylationK B Kaplan
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Cell 91:491-500. 1997..We propose that coupled activation and destruction link the assembly of Cbf3p to the duplication of centromeres in S phase...
- F-box proteins are receptors that recruit phosphorylated substrates to the SCF ubiquitin-ligase complexD Skowyra
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cell 91:209-19. 1997We have reconstituted the ubiquitination pathway for the Cdk inhibitor Sic1 using recombinant proteins. Skp1, Cdc53, and the F-box protein Cdc4 form a complex, SCFCdc4, which functions as a Sic1 ubiquitin-ligase (E3) in combination with ..
- Grr1 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is connected to the ubiquitin proteolysis machinery through Skp1: coupling glucose sensing to gene expression and the cell cycleF N Li
Department of Genetics, Box 8232, Washington University, School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
EMBO J 16:5629-38. 1997..We discovered that Grr1 physically interacts with Skp1, a protein that has been implicated in a ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme complex that targets for degradation the cell ..
- Budding yeast SKP1 encodes an evolutionarily conserved kinetochore protein required for cell cycle progressionC Connelly
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Cell 86:275-85. 1996The budding yeast SKP1 gene, identified as a dosage suppressor of a known kinetochore protein mutant, encodes an intrinsic 22.3 kDa subunit of CBF3, a multiprotein complex that binds centromere DNA in vitro...
- SKP1 connects cell cycle regulators to the ubiquitin proteolysis machinery through a novel motif, the F-boxC Bai
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cell 86:263-74. 1996We have identified the yeast and human homologs of the SKP1 gene as a suppressor of cdc4 mutants and as a cyclin F-binding protein...
- The interaction between Sgt1p and Skp1p is regulated by HSP90 chaperones and is required for proper CBF3 assemblyLinda B Lingelbach
Section of Molecular and Cellular Biology, UC Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:8938-50. 2004..We propose that HSP90 and Sgt1p act together as a molecular switch, maintaining transient interactions required to balance protein complex assembly with turnover...
- Hsp90 enables Ctf13p/Skp1p to nucleate the budding yeast kinetochoreOlaf Stemmann
Biochemie Zentrum, Ruprecht Karls Universitat, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:8585-90. 2002..b>skp1 mutants exhibit growth defects on media containing geldanamycin...
- The unstable F-box protein p58-Ctf13 forms the structural core of the CBF3 kinetochore complexI D Russell
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Biology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Cell Biol 145:933-50. 1999..We find that the four subunits of CBF3 are multimeric in solution: p23(Skp1) and p58(Ctf13) form a heterodimer, and p64(Cep3) and p110(Ndc10) form homodimers...
- Cdc53 is a scaffold protein for multiple Cdc34/Skp1/F-box proteincomplexes that regulate cell division and methionine biosynthesis in yeastE E Patton
Programme in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada M5G 1X5
Genes Dev 12:692-705. 1998..by the E2 ubiquitin conjugating enzyme Cdc34 in conjunction with an E3 ubiquitin ligase complex composed of Skp1, Cdc53 and the F-box protein, Cdc4 (the SCFCdc4 complex)...
- Grr1 functions in the ubiquitin pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae through association with Skp1T Kishi
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Shizuoka ken, Japan
Mol Gen Genet 257:143-8. 1998..A multicopy suppressor, MGO1, which rescued the growth defect associated with Grr1 overproduction was isolated, and found to be identical to ..
- The crystal structure of the Sgt1-Skp1 complex: the link between Hsp90 and both SCF E3 ubiquitin ligases and kinetochoresOliver Willhoft
Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology, University College London and Birkbeck, Biological Sciences, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HX, UK
Sci Rep 7:41626. 2017..In these pathways Sgt1 interacts with Skp1, a small protein that heterodimerizes with proteins containing the F-box motif...
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae Ime2 phosphorylates Sic1 at multiple PXS/T sites but is insufficient to trigger Sic1 degradationChantelle Sedgwick
Department of Biochemistry, 561 Medical Sciences Building, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, T6G 2H7, Canada
Biochem J 399:151-60. 2006..In addition, the expression of Ime2 in G1 arrested haploid cells does not promote the destruction of Sic1. These data support a model where Ime2 is necessary but not sufficient to promote Sic1 destruction during sporulation...
- An allosteric inhibitor of substrate recognition by the SCF(Cdc4) ubiquitin ligaseStephen Orlicky
Center for Systems Biology, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Nat Biotechnol 28:733-7. 2010..Mammalian WD40 domain proteins may exhibit similar allosteric responsiveness and hence represent an extensive class of druggable target...
- Multiple inputs control sulfur-containing amino acid synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeMeru J Sadhu
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720
Mol Biol Cell 25:1653-65. 2014..This modification could be involved in the nutritional control of SCF(Met30) activity toward Met4. ..
- PP2A(Cdc55) regulates G1 cyclin stabilityPaula McCourt
Venenum Biodesign, Genesis Biotechnology Group, Hamilton, NJ, USA
Cell Cycle 12:1201-10. 2013..In sum, our results indicate that PP2A is absolutely required to maintain G1-S cyclin levels through modulating their phosphorylation status, an event necessary to properly transit through the cell cycle...
- Role of predicted metalloprotease motif of Jab1/Csn5 in cleavage of Nedd8 from Cul1Gregory A Cope
Department of Biology, California Institute of Technology Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Science 298:608-11. 2002..We propose that JAMM isopeptidases play important roles in a variety of physiological pathways...
- Genome-wide surveys for phosphorylation-dependent substrates of SCF ubiquitin ligasesXiaojing Tang
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, USA
Methods Enzymol 399:433-58. 2005The SCF (Skp1-Cullin-F-box) family of ubiquitin ligases target numerous substrates for ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis, including cell cycle regulators, transcription factors, and signal transducers...
- CSN- and CAND1-dependent remodelling of the budding yeast SCF complexAleksandra Zemla
Scottish Institute for Cell Signalling, Protein Ubiquitylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK
Nat Commun 4:1641. 2013..The molecular mechanism underlying this behaviour remains largely unclear. Here, we find that yeast SCF (Skp1-Cdc53-F-box) Cullin-RING complexes are remodelled in a CAND1-dependent manner, when cells are switched from growth ..
- Signal-induced disassembly of the SCF ubiquitin ligase complex by Cdc48/p97James L Yen
Department of Biological Chemistry, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 1700, USA
Mol Cell 48:288-97. 2012A large group of E3 ubiquitin ligases is formed by the multisubunit SCF complex, whose core complex (Rbx1/Cul1-Cdc53/Skp1) binds one of many substrate recruiting F-box proteins to form an array of SCF ligases with diverse substrate ..
- Systematic functional prioritization of protein posttranslational modificationsPedro Beltrao
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Cell 150:413-25. 2012..Finally, our analysis of the evolution of PTM regulation highlights potential routes for neutral drift in regulatory interactions and suggests that only a fraction of modification sites are likely to have a significant biological role...
- Mediator acts upstream of the transcriptional activator Gal4Keven Ang
Department of Microbiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
PLoS Biol 10:e1001290. 2012..The ability of Mediator to control the protein degradation of transcriptional inhibitors indicates that Mediator is actually able to direct its own recruitment to gene promoters...
- Condensin function at centromere chromatin facilitates proper kinetochore tension and ensures correct mitotic segregation of sister chromatidsVladimir Yong-Gonzalez
NIH, NICHD, LGRD, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Genes Cells 12:1075-90. 2007..These findings show that, in addition to its essential role in rDNA segregation, condensin mediates segregation of the whole genome by maintaining the centromere structure in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Destabilization of binding to cofactors and SCFMet30 is the rate-limiting regulatory step in degradation of polyubiquitinated Met4Srikripa Chandrasekaran
Edward A Doisy Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
Mol Cell 24:689-99. 2006..Thus, destabilization of cofactors and SCFMet30 binding is the rate-limiting regulatory step in Met4 proteolysis...
- Suprafacial orientation of the SCFCdc4 dimer accommodates multiple geometries for substrate ubiquitinationXiaojing Tang
Centre for Systems Biology, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
Cell 129:1165-76. 2007..This spatial variability may accommodate diverse acceptor lysine geometries in both substrates and the elongating ubiquitin chain and thereby increase catalytic efficiency...
- Interactome and interface protocol (2IP): a novel strategy for high sensitivity topology mapping of protein complexesRasanjala Weerasekera
Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Proteomics 7:3835-52. 2007..RNAP) core complex and subsequently applied to query the quaternary structure of components of the yeast Skp1-Cdc53/Cullin-F box (SCF) ubiquitin ligase complex...
- Skp1-Cullin-F-box-dependent degradation of Aah1p requires its interaction with the F-box protein Saf1pStéphanie Escusa
Universite Bordeaux 2, CNRS Institut de Biochimie et Génétique Cellulaires, CNRS UMR 5095, 1 rue Camille Saint Saens, 33077 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 282:20097-103. 2007..deaminase Aah1p is specifically degraded via a process requiring the F-box protein Saf1p and components of the Skp1-Cullin-F-box complex. In this paper, we show that Saf1p interacts with both Aah1p and Skp1p...
- New interacting partners of the F-box protein Ufo1 of yeastKeren Baranes-Bachar
Department of Life Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheba, Israel
Yeast 25:733-43. 2008..proteins that function in transcription, and an indirect interaction with Hsp70 molecular chaperones via the Skp1 adaptor; we also show that Ufo1 interacts with the 19S regulatory particle of the proteasome...
- A new function of Skp1 in the mitotic exit of budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiaeNamil Kim
Department of Biochemistry and Institute of Life Science and Biotechnology, College of Science, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 749, Republic of Korea
J Microbiol 44:641-8. 2006We previously reported that Skp1, a component of the Skp1-Cullin-F-box protein (SCF) complex essential for the timely degradation of cell cycle proteins by ubiquitination, physically interacts with Bfa1, which is a key negative regulator ..
- Modification of yeast Cdc53p by the ubiquitin-related protein rub1p affects function of the SCFCdc4 complexD Lammer
Biology Department, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 47405 USA
Genes Dev 12:914-26. 1998..By analogy with Aos1p, we infer that Enr2p functions in a bipartite Rub1p-activating enzyme. The second gene is SKP1, shown previously to be required for some ubiquitin-conjugation events...
- Activation of the S-phase checkpoint inhibits degradation of the F-box protein Dia2Andrew C Kile
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development, 6 160 Jackson Hall, 321 Church St, S E, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:160-71. 2010..SCF (Skp1/Cul1/F-box protein) complexes are modular ubiquitin ligases...
- Remodeling of the SCF complex-mediated ubiquitination system by compositional alteration of incorporated F-box proteinsMitsunori Kato
Department of Computational Biology, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, University of Tokyo, Kashiwa, Japan
Proteomics 10:115-23. 2010..The Skp1-Cullin-F-box protein (SCF) complexes constitute a major family of ubiquitin protein ligases, in each member of ..
- Multisite phosphorylation of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae filamentous growth regulator Tec1 is required for its recognition by the E3 ubiquitin ligase adaptor Cdc4 and its subsequent destruction in vivoMarie Z Bao
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, 600 16th St, MC2200, San Francisco, CA 94158 2200, USA
Eukaryot Cell 9:31-6. 2010..The mating pathway MAPK, Fus3, phosphorylates Tec1, resulting in its recognition by the SCF (for Skp1, Cullin, F-box containing) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex, leading to its proteolysis...
- The amino-terminal TPR domain of Dia2 tethers SCF(Dia2) to the replisome progression complexHiroko Morohashi
Cancer Research UK Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, UK
Curr Biol 19:1943-9. 2009Eukaryotic cells contain multiple versions of the E3 ubiquitin ligase known as the SCF (Skp1/cullin/F box), each of which is distinguished by a different F box protein that uses a domain at the carboxyl terminus to recognize substrates [1,..
- Chemical genetics screen for enhancers of rapamycin identifies a specific inhibitor of an SCF family E3 ubiquitin ligaseMariam Aghajan
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine, and the Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Nat Biotechnol 28:738-42. 2010..screen to identify small-molecule enhancers of rapamycin (SMERs) and discovered an inhibitor (SMER3) of the Skp1-Cullin-F-box (SCF)(Met30) ubiquitin ligase, a member of the SCF E3-ligase family, which regulates diverse cellular ..
- Galactose induction of the GAL1 gene requires conditional degradation of the Mig2 repressorMei Kee Lim
Department of Microbiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 5 Science Drive 2, Block MD4, Singapore 117597
Biochem J 435:641-9. 2011b>Skp1 an essential component of the SCF (Skp1/cullin/F-box) E3 ubiquitin ligases, which target proteins for degradation by the 26S proteasome...
- Non-SCF-type F-box protein Roy1/Ymr258c interacts with a Rab5-like GTPase Ypt52 and inhibits Ypt52 functionYuan Liu
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Aichi 464 8602, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 22:1575-84. 2011b>Skp1/Cul1/F-box (SCF)-type F-box proteins are a component of the Cullin-RING SCF ubiquitin E3 ligase, which is involved in numerous cellular processes. However, the function of non-SCF-type F-box proteins remains largely unknown...
- Systematic exploration of essential yeast gene function with temperature-sensitive mutantsZhijian Li
Banting and Best Department of Medical Research, The Donnelly Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nat Biotechnol 29:361-7. 2011..This mutant collection should facilitate a wide range of systematic studies aimed at understanding the functions of essential genes...
- Ypt31/32 GTPases and their F-Box effector Rcy1 regulate ubiquitination of recycling proteinsShu H Chen
Department of Biological Sciences Laboratory for Molecular Biology University of Illinois at Chicago Chicago, IL USA
Cell Logist 1:21-31. 2011..Together, these results suggest a new role for ubiquitination in cargo recycling. Moreover, we propose that Ypt/Rabs integrate intra-cellular trafficking with ubiquitination...
- Sir2 histone deacetylase prevents programmed cell death caused by sustained activation of the Hog1 stress-activated protein kinaseAlexandre Vendrell
Cell Signaling Unit, Departament de Ciencies Experimentals i de la Salut, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona E 08003, Valencia, Spain
EMBO Rep 12:1062-8. 2011..Sir2 is involved in protection against Hog1-induced cell death and can suppress Hog1-induced ROS accumulation. Therefore, cell death seems to be dictated by the balance of ROS induced by Hog1 and the protective effect of Sir2...
- Structural basis for phosphodependent substrate selection and orientation by the SCFCdc4 ubiquitin ligaseStephen Orlicky
Program in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, M5G 1X5, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cell 112:243-56. 2003..A 2.7 A X-ray crystal structure of a Skp1-Cdc4 complex bound to a high-affinity CPD phosphopeptide from human cyclin E reveals a core CPD motif, Leu-Leu-pThr-..
- Requirement of Skp1-Bub1 interaction for kinetochore-mediated activation of the spindle checkpointKatsumi Kitagawa
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale Street, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mol Cell 11:1201-13. 2003..biochemical evidence that Bub1, a component of the spindle checkpoint, associates with centromere (CEN) DNA via Skp1, a core kinetochore component in budding yeast...
- Genetic evidence for a role of phospholipase C at the budding yeast kinetochoreN DeLillo
Department of Biological Sciences, St John s University, 8000 Utopia Parkway, Jamaicam New York, NY 11439, USA
Mol Genet Genomics 269:261-70. 2003..PLC1 displays strong genetic interactions with genes encoding components of the inner kinetochore, including NDC10, SKP1, MIF2, CEP1, CEP3, and CTF13...
- Architecture of the budding yeast kinetochore reveals a conserved molecular coreStefan Westermann
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Barker Hall, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Cell Biol 163:215-22. 2003..We propose that a molecular core consisting of CENP-A, -C, -H, and Ndc80/HEC has been conserved from yeast to humans to link centromeres to spindle microtubules...
- The amino-terminal portion of the F-box protein Met30p mediates its nuclear import and assimilation into an SCF complexLee Ellen Brunson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130 3932, USA
J Biol Chem 279:6674-82. 2004..We propose that additional factors bind the amino-terminal region of Met30p and mediate its nuclear localization and assimilation into an SCF complex...
- Exit from exit: resetting the cell cycle through Amn1 inhibition of G protein signalingYanchang Wang
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cell 112:697-709. 2003..Thus, Amn1 is part of a daughter-specific switch that helps cells exit from mitotic exit and reset the cell cycle...
- Reconstitution of G1 cyclin ubiquitination with complexes containing SCFGrr1 and Rbx1D Skowyra
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Science 284:662-5. 1999..Phosphorylated Cln1 was ubiquitinated by SCF (Skp1-Cdc53-F-box protein) complexes containing the F-box protein Grr1, Rbx1, and the E2 Cdc34...
- An essential function of Grr1 for the degradation of Cln2 is to act as a binding core that links Cln2 to Skp1T Kishi
Laboratory of Mutagenesis, Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Shizuoka ken 411 8540, Japan
J Cell Sci 111:3655-61. 1998In budding yeast, SCF complexes, composed of Skp1, Cdc53 and one of the F-box proteins, have been implicated in Cdc34-dependent ubiquitination...
- Inducible dissociation of SCF(Met30) ubiquitin ligase mediates a rapid transcriptional response to cadmiumRegine Barbey
Centre de Genetique Moleculaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Gif sur Yvettte, France
EMBO J 24:521-32. 2005..Post-translational control of SCF(Met30) assembly by a physiological stress to allow rapid induction of a protective gene expression program represents a novel mode of regulation in the ubiquitin system...
- Overproduction of polypeptides corresponding to the amino terminus of the F-box proteins Cdc4p and Met30p inhibits ubiquitin ligase activities of their SCF complexesCheryl Dixon
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130 3932, USA
Eukaryot Cell 2:123-33. 2003..These results suggest a common means to inhibit specific SCF complexes in vivo...
- A novel role for the CBF3 kinetochore-scaffold complex in regulating septin dynamics and cytokinesisAmethyst N Gillis
The Section of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Cell Biol 171:773-84. 2005..We have previously shown that SKP1 and SGT1 balance the assembly and turnover of CBF3 complexes, a cycle that we suggest is independent of its role in ..
- Cdc53/cullin and the essential Hrt1 RING-H2 subunit of SCF define a ubiquitin ligase module that activates the E2 enzyme Cdc34J H Seol
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Genes Dev 13:1614-26. 1999SCFCdc4 (Skp1, Cdc53/cullin, F-box protein) defines a family of modular ubiquitin ligases (E3s) that regulate diverse processes including cell cycle, immune response, and development...
- The F-box protein Dia2 regulates DNA replicationDeanna M Koepp
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development, University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:1540-8. 2006..SCF (Skp1/Cul1/F-box protein) complexes are modular ubiquitin ligases whose specificity is determined by a substrate-binding ..
- The RAVE complex is essential for stable assembly of the yeast V-ATPaseAnne M Smardon
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Biol Chem 277:13831-9. 2002....
- Ubiquitin-dependent degradation of multiple F-box proteins by an autocatalytic mechanismJ M Galan
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, Chemin des Boveresses 155, 1066 Epalinges VD, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:9124-9. 1999....
- SCF ubiquitin protein ligases and phosphorylation-dependent proteolysisA R Willems
Programme in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 354:1533-50. 1999..of cell division are targeted for degradation by a recently described family of E3 ubiquitin protein ligases termed Skp1-Cdc53-F-box protein (SCF) complexes...
- The novel F-box protein Mfb1p regulates mitochondrial connectivity and exhibits asymmetric localization in yeastNoriko Kondo-Okamoto
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:3756-67. 2006..MFB1 encodes an F-box protein family member, many of which function in Skp1-Cdc53/Cullin-F-box protein (SCF) ubiquitin ligase complexes...
- Sgt1p is a unique co-chaperone that acts as a client adaptor to link Hsp90 to Skp1pMichael G Catlett
Section of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Biol Chem 281:33739-48. 2006..The multidomain nature of Sgt1p and its ability to bridge the interaction between Skp1p and Hsp82p argue that Sgt1p acts as a "client adaptor" recruiting specific clients to Hsp82p co-chaperone complexes...
- F-box protein Grr1 interacts with phosphorylated targets via the cationic surface of its leucine-rich repeatY G Hsiung
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:2506-20. 2001..One class of E3 enzymes, SKp1/cullin/F-box protein (SCF), derives its specificity from F-box proteins, a heterogeneous family of adapters for ..
- Functional interaction of 13 yeast SCF complexes with a set of yeast E2 enzymes in vitroBart M Kus
Banting and Best Department of Medical Research, University of Toronto, Ontario
Proteins 54:455-67. 2004..Ubc4 thus interacts with multiple SCFs in vitro, and the interactions among SCF and E2 components of the ubiquitination machinery may allow further diversification of the roles of SCFs in vivo...
- Identification of residues in the WD-40 repeat motif of the F-box protein Met30p required for interaction with its substrate Met4pLee Ellen Brunson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, 1501 Kings Highway, Shreveport, LA, 71130 3932, USA
Mol Genet Genomics 273:361-70. 2005....
- ATP hydrolysis-dependent disassembly of the 26S proteasome is part of the catalytic cycleShalon E Babbitt
Edward A Doisy Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Cell 121:553-65. 2005..This is the first demonstration that a controlled dissociation of the 19S regulatory particles from the 26S proteasome is part of the mechanism of protein degradation...
- Sgt1 dimerization is required for yeast kinetochore assemblyParmil K Bansal
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 3678, USA
J Biol Chem 284:3586-92. 2009..In budding yeast, Sgt1 and Hsp90 help assemble the core kinetochore complex CBF3 by activating the CBF3 components Skp1 and Ctf13...
- Gcn5p plays an important role in centromere kinetochore function in budding yeastStefano Vernarecci
Istituto di Biologia e Patologia Molecolari, CNR, c o Dip Genetica e Biologia Molecolare, Sapienza Universita di Roma, P le A Moro 5, 00185 Rome, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 28:988-96. 2008..Our findings offer a key insight into a Gcn5p-dependent epigenetic regulation at centromere/kinetochore in mitosis...
- Cdc34 and the F-box protein Met30 are required for degradation of the Cdk-inhibitory kinase Swe1P Kaiser
The Scripps Research Institute TSRI, La Jolla, California 92037 USA
Genes Dev 12:2587-97. 1998..Recent work in Saccharomyces cerevisiae suggests that a complex consisting of Cdc53, Skp1, and a third component known as an F-box protein (termed SCF) in combination with Cdc34 specifically targets ..
- Skp1p regulates Soi3p/Rav1p association with endosomal membranes but is not required for vacuolar ATPase assemblyE J Brace
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0606, USA
Eukaryot Cell 5:2104-13. 2006..We isolated a separation of function allele of SKP1, skp1(Asn108Tyr), that completely abrogated the Rav1p interaction but allowed Skp1p to perform other essential ..
- DNA damage response-mediated degradation of Ho endonuclease via the ubiquitin system involves its nuclear exportLudmila Kaplun
Department of Life Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheba, Israel 84105
J Biol Chem 278:48727-34. 2003..These experiments elucidate some of the links between the DNA damage response and degradation of Ho by the ubiquitin system...
- A role for Saccharomyces cerevisiae Cul8 ubiquitin ligase in proper anaphase progressionJennifer J Michel
Curriculum in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7295, USA
J Biol Chem 278:22828-37. 2003..Cul8 are functionally distinct from Cdc53 and do not interact with ySkp1, suggesting that they target substrates by Skp1- and possibly F-box protein-independent mechanisms...
- Nuclear-specific degradation of Far1 is controlled by the localization of the F-box protein Cdc4M Blondel
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research ISREC, Chemin des Boveresses 155, 1066 Epalinges VD, Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne UNIL, Chemin des Boveresses 155, 1066 Epalinges VD, Switzerland
EMBO J 19:6085-97. 2000..The core SCF subunits Cdc53, Hrt1 and Skp1 were distributed in the nucleus and the cytoplasm, whereas the F-box protein Cdc4 was exclusively nuclear...
- Dcn1 functions as a scaffold-type E3 ligase for cullin neddylationThimo Kurz
Institute of Biochemistry, ETH Zurich, Schafmattstrasse 18, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Cell 29:23-35. 2008..We show that Dcn1 is necessary and sufficient for cullin neddylation in a purified recombinant system. Taken together, these data demonstrate that Dcn1 is a scaffold-like E3 ligase for cullin neddylation...
- Multisite phosphorylation of a CDK inhibitor sets a threshold for the onset of DNA replicationP Nash
Programme in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto M5G 1X5, Canada
Nature 414:514-21. 2001..Multisite phosphorylation may be a more general mechanism to set thresholds in regulated protein-protein interactions...