Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPT2
Description: proteasome regulatory particle base subunit RPT2
Alias: YHS4, YTA5
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Complete subunit architecture of the proteasome regulatory particleGabriel C Lander
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nature 482:186-91. 2012..We provide a structural basis for the ability of the proteasome to degrade a diverse set of substrates and thus regulate vital cellular processes...
- The regulatory particle of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae proteasomeM H Glickman
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:3149-62. 1998..Overall, regulatory particles from yeasts and mammals are remarkably similar, suggesting that the specific mechanistic features of the proteasome have been closely conserved over the course of evolution...
- Rapid isolation and characterization of the yeast proteasome regulatory complexY Saeki
Department of Biochemistry, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, 060 0812, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 273:509-15. 2000..In contrast with the previously reported result showing that Rpn10, a multiubiquitin chain binding subunit, is a component of the base complex, we present evidence that the lid complex isolated from wild-type yeast contains Rpn10...
- Hsm3/S5b participates in the assembly pathway of the 19S regulatory particle of the proteasomeBenoît Le Tallec
Laboratoire du Métabolisme de l ADN et Réponses aux Génotoxiques, SBIGeM, CEA, iBiTecS, Gif sur Yvette, F 91191, France
Mol Cell 33:389-99. 2009..Finally, we identify the putative species-specific 19S subunit S5b as a functional homolog of the Hsm3 chaperone in mammals. These findings shed light on chaperone-assisted proteasome assembly in eukaryotes...
- Sem1p is a novel subunit of the 26 S proteasome from Saccharomyces cerevisiaeTakayuki Sone
Department of Biochemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0812, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:28807-16. 2004..The results suggest that Sem1, possibly hDSS1, is a novel subunit of the 26 S proteasome and plays a role in ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis...
- High-resolution cryo-EM structure of the proteasome in complex with ADP-AlFxZhanyu Ding
National Center for Protein Science Shanghai, State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, CAS Center for Excellence in Molecular Cell Science, Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 333 Haike Road, Shanghai 201203, China
Cell Res . 2017..The remaining two subunits, Rpt2 and Rpt6, with empty or only partially occupied nucleotide pocket exhibit pronounced conformational changes in the ..
- 40S subunit dissociation and proteasome-dependent RNA degradation in nonfunctional 25S rRNA decayKotaro Fujii
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
EMBO J 31:2579-89. 2012....
- N-myristoylation of the Rpt2 subunit regulates intracellular localization of the yeast 26S proteasomeAyuko Kimura
Advanced Medical Research Center, Yokohama City University, Fukuura 3 9, Kanazawa, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Biochemistry 51:8856-66. 2012..Here, we report that the N-myristoylation of the Rpt2 subunit controls the intracellular localization of the 26S proteasome...
- Preparation of ubiquitinated substrates by the PY motif-insertion method for monitoring 26S proteasome activityY Saeki
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Methods Enzymol 399:215-27. 2005..In this communication, we describe that Sic1 was successfully ubiquitinated by the PY motif-insertion method and demonstrate that Sic1 thus ubiquitinated was degraded by the purified yeast 26S proteasome...
- Base-CP proteasome can serve as a platform for stepwise lid formationZanlin Yu
Department of Biology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, 32000 Haifa, Israel
Biosci Rep 35:. 2015....
- Ubp6 deubiquitinase controls conformational dynamics and substrate degradation of the 26S proteasomeCharlene Bashore
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 22:712-9. 2015..Ubp6 may thus act as a ubiquitin-dependent 'timer' to coordinate individual processing steps at the proteasome and modulate substrate degradation. ..
- The axial channel of the proteasome core particle is gated by the Rpt2 ATPase and controls both substrate entry and product releaseA Kohler
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 02115, Boston, MA, USA
Mol Cell 7:1143-52. 2001..Using yeast mutants, we show that channel opening is mediated by the ATPase domain of Rpt2, one of six ATPases in the RP...
- N-Myristoylation of the Rpt2 subunit of the yeast 26S proteasome is implicated in the subcellular compartment-specific protein quality control systemAyuko Kimura
Advanced Medical Research Center, Yokohama City University, Fukuura 3 9, Kanazawa, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan Graduate School of Medical Life Science, Yokohama City University, Fukuura 3 9, Kanazawa, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
J Proteomics 130:33-41. 2016..the yeast proteasome is maintained by the importin-mediated transport, N-myristoylation of the proteasome subunit Rpt2 was indicated to cause dynamic nucleo-cytoplasmic localization of proteasomes...
- Activation of the Yeast UBI4 Polyubiquitin Gene by Zap1 Transcription Factor via an Intragenic Promoter Is Critical for Zinc-deficient GrowthColin W MacDiarmid
From the Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706 and
J Biol Chem 291:18880-96. 2016..In a screen for ubi4Δ suppressors, a hypomorphic allele of the RPT2 proteasome regulatory subunit gene (rpt2(E301K)) suppressed the ubi4Δ growth defect...
- Separation of a functional deubiquitylating module from the SAGA complex by the proteasome regulatory particleSungsu Lim
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon 305 701, Korea
Nat Commun 4:2641. 2013..We show that the localization of the Sgf73-DUBm on chromatin is perturbed in rpt2-1, a strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae that is specifically defective in the Rpt2p-Sgf73p interaction...
- Conformational switching of the 26S proteasome enables substrate degradationMary E Matyskiela
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 20:781-8. 2013..Notably, Rpn11 moves from an occluded position to directly above the central pore, thus facilitating substrate deubiquitination concomitant with translocation. ..
- Structural basis for specific recognition of Rpt1p, an ATPase subunit of 26 S proteasome, by proteasome-dedicated chaperone Hsm3pKenji Takagi
Picobiology Institute, Department of Life Science, Graduate School of Life Science, University of Hyogo, 3 2 1, Kouto, Kamigori cho, Ako gun, Hyogo, 678 1297, Japan
J Biol Chem 287:12172-82. 2012..chaperone, transiently binds to the C-terminal domain of the Rpt1 subunit and forms a tetrameric complex, Hsm3-Rpt1-Rpt2-Rpn1, during maturation of the ATPase ring of 19 S RP...
- Dual functions of the Hsm3 protein in chaperoning and scaffolding regulatory particle subunits during the proteasome assemblyMarie Bénédicte Barrault
Commissariat a l Energie Atomique CEA, Institut de Biologie et Technologies de Saclay iBiTec S, Service de Biologie Intégrative et Génétique Moléculaire, Laboratoire du Métabolisme des Acides Nucléiques et Réponses aux Génotoxiques, F 91191 Gif sur Yvette, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E1001-10. 2012..is important for normal growth and directly targets the carboxyl-terminal (C-terminal) domain of Rpt1 of the Rpt1-Rpt2-Rpn1 assembly intermediate...
- Hexameric assembly of the proteasomal ATPases is templated through their C terminiSoYeon Park
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 459:866-70. 2009..Our studies show that assembly of the proteasome base is a rapid yet highly orchestrated process...
- Multiple proteasome-interacting proteins assist the assembly of the yeast 19S regulatory particleYasushi Saeki
Laboratory of Frontier Science, Core Technology and Research Center, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, 2 1 6 Kamikitazawa, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 156 8506, Japan
Cell 137:900-13. 2009..Our results indicate that the RP assembly is a highly organized and elaborate process orchestrated by multiple proteasome-dedicated chaperones...
- Cloning and expression of a yeast gene encoding a protein with ATPase activity and high identity to the subunit 4 of the human 26 S proteaseH A Lucero
Department of Physiology, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 270:9178-84. 1995..N-Ethylmaleimide inhibits the ATPase activity of both forms of Yhs4p. We propose that Yhs4p ATPase may play an essential role in the regulatory function of the proteolytic activity of the yeast 26 S protease...
- Ribosome association and stability of the nascent polypeptide-associated complex is dependent upon its own ubiquitinationOlesya O Panasenko
Swiss Institute for Bioinformatics, University of Geneva, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Genetics 181:447-60. 2009..Finally, our study demonstrated an interaction of EGD/NAC with the proteasome and revealed the importance of the Not4p E3 ligase, responsible for EGD/NAC ubiquitination, in this association...
- The bipartite nuclear localization sequence of Rpn2 is required for nuclear import of proteasomal base complexes via karyopherin alphabeta and proteasome functionsPetra Wendler
Institut für Biochemie CCM, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Monbijoustrasse 2, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:37751-62. 2004..Potential classic nuclear localization sequences (NLSs) of base subunits were analyzed. Rpn2 and Rpt2, a non-ATPase subunit and an ATPase subunit of the base complex, harbor functional NLSs...
- Recombinant ATPases of the yeast 26S proteasome activate protein degradation by the 20S proteasomeJunko Takeuchi
Proteolysis and Protein Turnover Research Group, Institute for Biological Resources and Functions, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, 2 17 2 1 Tsukisamu Higashi, Toyohira ku, Sapporo 062 8517, Japan
FEBS Lett 565:39-42. 2004..Our finding, production of a functional subunit of the 19S regulatory particle in bacteria, is a simpler and technically advanced system to functionally characterize individual subunits...
- Recruitment of a 19S proteasome subcomplex to an activated promoterFernando Gonzalez
Center for Biomedical Inventions, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 8573, USA
Science 296:548-50. 2002..These data indicate that in vivo, the base of the 19S complex functions independently of the larger complex and plays a direct, nonproteolytic role in RNA polymerase II transcription...
- Active site mutants in the six regulatory particle ATPases reveal multiple roles for ATP in the proteasomeD M Rubin
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
EMBO J 17:4909-19. 1998..Proteasomes purified from an rpt2 mutant showed a dramatic inhibition of peptidase activity, suggesting a defect in gating of the proteasome channel...
- Identification of a set of yeast genes coding for a novel family of putative ATPases with high similarity to constituents of the 26S protease complexR Schnall
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Universitat Munchen, Germany
Yeast 10:1141-55. 1994..YTA1, YTA2, YTA3 and YTA5 exhibit significant similarity to proteins involved in human immunodeficiency virus Tat-mediated gene expression ..
- Unified nomenclature for subunits of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae proteasome regulatory particleD Finley
Trends Biochem Sci 23:244-5. 1998