Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPL3
Description: ribosomal 60S subunit protein L3
Alias: MAK8, TCM1, YOR29-14
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Functional analysis of Saccharomyces cerevisiae ribosomal protein Rpl3p in ribosome synthesisIvan V Rosado
Departamento de Genetica, Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
Nucleic Acids Res 35:4203-13. 2007..Altogether, we suggest that upon depletion of Rpl3p, early assembly of 60S ribosomal subunits is aborted and subsequent steps during their maturation and export prevented...
- A versatile interaction platform on the Mex67-Mtr2 receptor creates an overlap between mRNA and ribosome exportWei Yao
Biochemie Zentrum der Universitat Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 27:6-16. 2008..Thus, the Mex67-Mtr2 export receptor employs a versatile binding platform on its surface that could create a crosstalk between mRNA and ribosome export pathways...
- Functional redundancy of yeast proteins Reh1 and Rei1 in cytoplasmic 60S subunit maturationK Mark Parnell
Department of Biochemistry and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Utah School of Medicine, 15 N Medical Drive East, Room 4800, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5650, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:4014-23. 2009..We observe that strains lacking both Reh1 and Rei1 accumulate salt-labile 60S subunits, suggesting that Reh1/Rei1 is necessary for the cytoplasmic 60S subunit to adopt its mature, stable form...
- Identification of functionally important amino acids of ribosomal protein L3 by saturation mutagenesisArturas Meskauskas
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics, Microbiology Building Room 2135, University of Maryland, College Park, 20742, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:10863-74. 2005..A total of 98 different rpl3 alleles were genetically characterized with regard to their effects on killer virus maintenance, programmed -1 ..
- Ytm1, Nop7, and Erb1 form a complex necessary for maturation of yeast 66S preribosomesTiffany D Miles
Department of Biological Sciences, Carnegie Mellon University, 616 Mellon Institute, 4400 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:10419-32. 2005..Mutations in the WD40 motifs of Ytm1 disrupt binding to Erb1, destabilize the heterotrimer, and delay pre-rRNA processing and nuclear export of preribosomes. Nevertheless, 66S preribosomes lacking Ytm1 remain otherwise intact...
- Inactivation of the RRB1-Pescadillo pathway involved in ribosome biogenesis induces chromosomal instabilityAudrey Killian
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U 614 IFRMP, Faculty of Medicine, 22 Boulevard Gambetta, 76183 Rouen Cedex, France
Oncogene 23:8597-602. 2004..We demonstrate that RRB1 interacts with YPH1 (yeast pescadillo homologue 1) and other members of the Yph1 complex, RPL3, ERB1 and ORC6, involved in ribosome biogenesis and DNA replication...
- The putative RNA helicase Dbp6p functionally interacts with Rpl3p, Nop8p and the novel trans-acting Factor Rsa3p during biogenesis of 60S ribosomal subunits in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJesus de la Cruz
Departamento de Genetica, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de Sevilla, E 41012 Sevilla, Spain
Genetics 166:1687-99. 2004..This extensive genetic analysis reveals that the rsa3 null mutant displays some specificity by being synthetically lethal with dbp6 alleles and by showing some synthetic enhancement with the nop8-101 and the rsa1 null allele...
- Effects of progressive depletion of TCM1 or CYH2 mRNA on Saccharomyces cerevisiae ribosomal protein accumulationH G Nam
Mol Cell Biol 6:1535-44. 1986..These data suggest that synthesis of some S. cerevisiae ribosomal proteins may be regulated posttranscriptionally as a function of the extent to which they are assembled...
- A yeast homolog of chromatin assembly factor 1 is involved in early ribosome assemblyS Schaper
Unité Virus Oncogènes, URA 1644 du CNRS, Departement des Biotechnologies, Institut Pasteur, 25, rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Curr Biol 11:1885-90. 2001..This action may resemble the mechanism by which CAF1 assembles histones H3/H4 onto newly replicated DNA...
- Rrb1p, a yeast nuclear WD-repeat protein involved in the regulation of ribosome biosynthesisT L Iouk
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2H7
Mol Cell Biol 21:1260-71. 2001..The function of Rrb1p in ribosome biogenesis appears to be linked to its association with the ribosomal protein rpL3. Immunoprecipitation of Rrb1p from nuclear extracts revealed that it physically interacts with rpL3...
- Final pre-40S maturation depends on the functional integrity of the 60S subunit ribosomal protein L3Juan J García-Gómez
Departamento de Genetica, Universidad de Sevilla, and Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocío CSIC Universidad de Sevilla, Seville, Spain
PLoS Genet 10:e1004205. 2014..We report that the rpl3[W255C] allele, which affects the affinity and function of translation elongation factors, impairs cytoplasmic ..
- Nuclear import factor Srp1 and its associated protein Sts1 couple ribosome-bound nascent polypeptides to proteasomes for cotranslational degradationSeung Wook Ha
From the Karmanos Cancer Institute, Department of Oncology, and Department of Pathology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201
J Biol Chem 289:2701-10. 2014..This study unveils a previously unknown role for Srp1 and Sts1 in cotranslational protein degradation and suggests a novel model whereby Srp1 and Sts1 cooperate to couple proteasomes to ribosome-bound nascent polypeptides. ..
- Mak5 and Ebp2 act together on early pre-60S particles and their reduced functionality bypasses the requirement for the essential pre-60S factor Nsa1Dagmar Pratte
Unit of Biochemistry, Department of Biology, University of Fribourg, Fribourg, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 8:e82741. 2013....
- Eukaryotic rpL10 drives ribosomal rotationSergey O Sulima
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA, Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA and Department of Biotechnology and Microbiology, Vilnius University, Vilnius LT 03101, Lithuania
Nucleic Acids Res 42:2049-63. 2014..Mutations promoting rotational disequilibria showed catalytic, biochemical and translational fidelity defects. An rpL3 mutation promoting opposing structural and biochemical effects, suppressed an rpL10 mutant, re-establishing ..
- Carboxy terminal modifications of the P0 protein reveal alternative mechanisms of nuclear ribosomal stalk assemblyRosario Francisco-Velilla
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas and Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28049 Madrid
Nucleic Acids Res 41:8628-36. 2013..Furthermore, in wild-type cells, the presence of nuclear pre-ribosome complexes containing P0 but not L12 is compatible with the existence of an alternative stalk assembly process. ..
- A ribosome-anchored chaperone network that facilitates eukaryotic ribosome biogenesisVéronique Albanèse
Department of Biology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94305, USA
J Cell Biol 189:69-81. 2010..Our results demonstrate that, in addition to their known cytoplasmic roles in de novo protein folding, some ribosome-anchored CLIPS chaperones play a critical role in nuclear steps of ribosome biogenesis...
- Variable Glutamine-Rich Repeats Modulate Transcription Factor ActivityRita Gemayel
Laboratory of Systems Biology, VIB, Gaston Geenslaan 1, 3001 Heverlee, Belgium Laboratory of Genetics and Genomics, Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics CMPG, Department M2S, KU Leuven, Gaston Geenslaan 1, 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
Mol Cell 59:615-27. 2015..Thus, Q-rich repeats are dynamic functional domains that modulate a regulator's innate function, with the inherent risk of pathogenic repeat expansions. ..
- Methylation of yeast ribosomal protein Rpl3 promotes translational elongation fidelityQais Al-Hadid
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and the Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
RNA 22:489-98. 2016b>Rpl3, a highly conserved ribosomal protein, is methylated at histidine 243 by the Hpm1 methyltransferase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Ribosome-stalk biogenesis is coupled with recruitment of nuclear-export factor to the nascent 60S subunitAnshuk Sarkar
Biochemistry Centre, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Struct Mol Biol 23:1074-1082. 2016..Thus, a spatiotemporal mark on the ribosomal stalk controls the recruitment of an RNA-export receptor to the nascent 60S subunit...
- Role of Mex67-Mtr2 in the nuclear export of 40S pre-ribosomesMarius B Faza
Institute of Biochemistry IBC, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
PLoS Genet 8:e1002915. 2012..Mex67-Mtr2 could engage a regulatory crosstalk among the three major export pathways for optimal cellular growth and proliferation...
- Yeast ribosomal protein L40 assembles late into precursor 60 S ribosomes and is required for their cytoplasmic maturationAntonio Fernández-Pevida
Departamento de Genetica, Universidad de Sevilla, E 41012 Sevilla, Spain
J Biol Chem 287:38390-407. 2012....
- Normal assembly of 60 S ribosomal subunits is required for the signaling in response to a secretory defect in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeKeita Miyoshi
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Biosphere Sciences, Graduate School of Advanced Sciences of Matter, Hiroshima University, Kagamiyama, Higashi Hiroshima 739 8528, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:18334-9. 2002..These results suggest that signaling in response to a secretory defect requires the normal assembly of 60 S ribosomal subunits including Rrs1p and Rpl11p...
- ESF1 is required for 18S rRNA synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeWen Tao Peng
Banting and Best Department of Medical Research, University of Toronto, 112 College Street, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L6, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 32:1993-9. 2004..These data indicate that Esf1p plays a direct role in early pre-rRNA processing...
- TOR regulates late steps of ribosome maturation in the nucleoplasm via Nog1 in response to nutrientsYoshimi Honma
Faculty of Science, Shizuoka University, Shizuoka, Japan
EMBO J 25:3832-42. 2006..Thus, the Nog1 complex is a critical regulator of ribosome biogenesis mediated by TOR. This is the first description of a physiological regulation of nucleolus-to-nucleoplasm translocation of pre-ribosome complexes...
- Tandem affinity purification revealed the hypusine-dependent binding of eukaryotic initiation factor 5A to the translating 80S ribosomal complexDavid Li En Jao
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, NJ 08854 8087, USA
J Cell Biochem 97:583-98. 2006....
- Role of a ribosome-associated E3 ubiquitin ligase in protein quality controlMario H Bengtson
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, CB168, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 467:470-3. 2010..We speculate that defective protein quality control may underlie the neurodegenerative phenotype that results from mutation of the mouse Ltn1 homologue Listerin...
- Defining the specificity of cotranslationally acting chaperones by systematic analysis of mRNAs associated with ribosome-nascent chain complexesMarta del Alamo
Department of Biology and BioX Program, Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 9:e1001100. 2011..The strategy we used should be generally applicable to mapping the specificity, interplay, and dynamics of the cotranslational protein homeostasis network...
- Yeast N(alpha)-terminal acetyltransferases are associated with ribosomesBogdan Polevoda
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Cell Biochem 103:492-508. 2008..Moreover, Ard1p copurifies with Rpl35p-TAP. We suggest that these two ribosomal proteins, which are in close proximity to the ribosomal exit tunnel, may play a role in NatA attachment to the ribosome...
- Esf2p, a U3-associated factor required for small-subunit processome assembly and compactionTran Hoang
Fonds National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Institut de Biologie et de Médecine Moléculaires, Charleroi Gosselies, Belgium
Mol Cell Biol 25:5523-34. 2005..The identification of ABT1 in a large-scale analysis of the human nucleolar proteome indicates that its role may also be conserved in mammals...
- Central role of Ifh1p-Fhl1p interaction in the synthesis of yeast ribosomal proteinsDipayan Rudra
Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
EMBO J 24:533-42. 2005..Homeostatic mechanisms within the cell respond by reducing the transcription of rRNA to match the output of RPs, and by reducing the global transcription of mRNA to match the capacity of the translational apparatus...
- Insights into the role of yeast eIF2A in IRES-mediated translationLucas C Reineke
Department of Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24492. 2011..These data suggest that eIF2A acts as a switch to regulate IRES-mediated translation, and eEF1A may be an important mediator of translational activation during ethanol stress...
- "Superkiller" mutations suppress chromosomal mutations affecting double-stranded RNA killer plasmid replication in saccharomyces cerevisiaeA Toh-e
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 77:527-30. 1980..A variant killer plasmid is described that confers the superkiller phenotype and, like chromosomal ski mutations, makes several mak genes dispensable for plasmid replication...
- Nog2p, a putative GTPase associated with pre-60S subunits and required for late 60S maturation stepsC Saveanu
Genetique des Interactions Macromoleculaires, Institut Pasteur CNRS URA2171, 25 28 Rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
EMBO J 20:6475-84. 2001..These results suggest that transient, possibly GTP-dependent association of Nog2p with the pre-ribosomes might trigger late rRNA maturation steps in ribosomal large subunit biogenesis...
- Biogenesis of cytosolic ribosomes requires the essential iron-sulphur protein Rli1p and mitochondriaGyula Kispal
Institute of Biochemistry, University Medical School of Pecs, Hungary
EMBO J 24:589-98. 2005..Thus, ribosome biogenesis and function are intimately linked to the crucial role of mitochondria in the maturation of the essential Fe/S protein Rli1p...
- Nop53p is a novel nucleolar 60S ribosomal subunit biogenesis proteinYaroslav Sydorskyy
Institute for Systems Biology, 1441 N 34th Street, Seattle, WA 98103, USA
Biochem J 388:819-26. 2005....
- Combining peptide recognition specificity and context information for the prediction of the 14-3-3-mediated interactome in S. cerevisiae and H. sapiensSimona Panni
Department of Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Proteomics 11:128-43. 2011..Our approach provides an orthogonal reliability assessment and maps with high confidence the 14-3-3 peptide target on the partner proteins...
- A novel 3-methylhistidine modification of yeast ribosomal protein Rpl3 is dependent upon the YIL110W methyltransferaseKristofor J Webb
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and the Molecular Biology Institute, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1569, USA
J Biol Chem 285:37598-606. 2010We have shown that Rpl3, a protein of the large ribosomal subunit from baker's yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), is stoichiometrically monomethylated at position 243, producing a 3-methylhistidine residue...
- Sdo1p, the yeast orthologue of Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome protein, binds RNA and interacts with nuclear rRNA-processing factorsJuliana S Luz
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Chemistry, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP 05508 000, Brazil
Yeast 26:287-98. 2009..Sdo1p binds RNA directly, suggesting that it may associate with the ribosomal subunits also through RNA interaction...
- Properties of Nat4, an N(alpha)-acetyltransferase of Saccharomyces cerevisiae that modifies N termini of histones H2A and H4Bogdan Polevoda
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:2913-24. 2009..Thus, N-terminal serine acetylation of histone H4 may be a part of an essential charge patch first described for the histone H2A.Z variant in Tetrahymena species...
- Reengineering ribosome exportKai Yin Lo
Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:1545-54. 2009..Finally we show that the addition of an NES directly to the 60S ribosomal subunit protein Rpl3 promotes export...
- Identification of Saccharomyces cerevisiae ribosomal protein L3 as a target of curvularol, a G1-specific inhibitor of mammalian cellsYoshifumi Kobayashi
Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Graduate School of Advanced Sciences of Matter AdSM, Hiroshima University, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 70:2451-9. 2006..A mutant gene responsible for curvularol resistance was identified as an allele of the RPL3 gene encoding the ribosomal protein L3...