Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPL17A
Description: ribosomal 60S subunit protein L17A
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Dual binding mode of the nascent polypeptide-associated complex reveals a novel universal adapter site on the ribosomeMarkus Pech
Department of Biochemistry, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Gene Center Munich, Feodor Lynen Strasse 25, 81377 Munich, Germany
J Biol Chem 285:19679-87. 2010..In contrast, alphaNAC (Egd2p) contacts Rpl17, the direct neighbor of Rpl31 at the ribosomal tunnel exit site...
- The Dedicated Chaperone Acl4 Escorts Ribosomal Protein Rpl4 to Its Nuclear Pre-60S Assembly SiteBenjamin Pillet
Unit of Biochemistry, Department of Biology, University of Fribourg, Fribourg, Switzerland
PLoS Genet 11:e1005565. 2015..Taken together, our findings indicate that the dedicated chaperone Acl4 accompanies Rpl4 from the cytoplasm to its pre-60S assembly site in the nucleus. ..
- Insertion of the Biogenesis Factor Rei1 Probes the Ribosomal Tunnel during 60S MaturationBasil Johannes Greber
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biophysics, Department of Biology, ETH Zurich, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Cell 164:91-102. 2016..We provide genetic and biochemical evidence that failure to insert the C terminus of Rei1 precludes subsequent steps of 60S maturation. ..
- Interaction of nascent chains with the ribosomal tunnel proteins Rpl4, Rpl17, and Rpl39 of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeYing Zhang
From the Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, ZBMZ Centre for Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Research, University of Freiburg, Stefan Meier Strasse 17, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany and
J Biol Chem 288:33697-707. 2013..Three ribosomal proteins, termed Rpl4, Rpl17, and Rpl39 expose domains to the interior of the exit tunnel of eukaryotic ribosomes...
- Ebp2 and Brx1 function cooperatively in 60S ribosomal subunit assembly in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeKaori Shimoji
Department of Biofunctional Science and Technology, Graduate School of Biosphere Science, Hiroshima University, Kagamiyama, Higashi Hiroshima 739 8528, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 40:4574-88. 2012....
- Nog2p, a putative GTPase associated with pre-60S subunits and required for late 60S maturation stepsC Saveanu
Genetique des Interactions Macromoleculaires, Institut Pasteur CNRS URA2171, 25 28 Rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
EMBO J 20:6475-84. 2001..These results suggest that transient, possibly GTP-dependent association of Nog2p with the pre-ribosomes might trigger late rRNA maturation steps in ribosomal large subunit biogenesis...
- The mitotic spindle is required for loading of the DASH complex onto the kinetochoreYumei Li
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genes Dev 16:183-97. 2002..We propose that DASH is a microtubule-binding complex that is transferred to the kinetochore prior to mitosis, thereby defining a new step in kinetochore maturation...
- Stm1p, a G4 quadruplex and purine motif triplex nucleic acid-binding protein, interacts with ribosomes and subtelomeric Y' DNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeMichael W Van Dyke
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 279:24323-33. 2004..We discuss the implications of our findings in relation to prior genetic, genomic, and proteomic studies that have identified STM1 and/or Stm1p as well as the possible biological role of Stm1p...
- TOR regulates late steps of ribosome maturation in the nucleoplasm via Nog1 in response to nutrientsYoshimi Honma
Faculty of Science, Shizuoka University, Shizuoka, Japan
EMBO J 25:3832-42. 2006..Thus, the Nog1 complex is a critical regulator of ribosome biogenesis mediated by TOR. This is the first description of a physiological regulation of nucleolus-to-nucleoplasm translocation of pre-ribosome complexes...
- Yeast life span extension by depletion of 60s ribosomal subunits is mediated by Gcn4Kristan K Steffen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Cell 133:292-302. 2008..Genetic epistasis analyses suggest that dietary restriction, reduced 60S subunit abundance, and Gcn4 activation extend yeast life span by similar mechanisms...
- Yeast ribosomal proteins. VIII. Isolation of two proteins and sequence characterization of twenty-four proteins from cytoplasmic ribosomesE Otaka
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Research Institute for Nuclear Medicine and Biology, Hiroshima University, 2 3, Kasumi 1 Chome, Minamiku, Hiroshima, 734 Japan
Mol Gen Genet 195:544-6. 1984..Comparison of the amino-terminal sequences with all other ribosomal protein sequences so far available indicates that YS9 shows sequence homology to rat liver ribosomal protein S8 (Wittmann-Liebold et al. 1979)...
- Defining the specificity of cotranslationally acting chaperones by systematic analysis of mRNAs associated with ribosome-nascent chain complexesMarta del Alamo
Department of Biology and BioX Program, Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 9:e1001100. 2011..The strategy we used should be generally applicable to mapping the specificity, interplay, and dynamics of the cotranslational protein homeostasis network...