Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: REI1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Nuclear recycling of the pre-60S ribosomal subunit-associated factor Arx1 depends on Rei1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeNai Jung Hung
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology and Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, 1 University Station, A5000, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712 0162, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:3718-27. 2006Arx1 and Rei1 are found on late pre-60S ribosomal particles containing the export adaptor Nmd3...
- A functional network involved in the recycling of nucleocytoplasmic pre-60S factorsAlice Lebreton
Genetique des Interactions Macromoleculaires, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique URA2171, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Cell Biol 173:349-60. 2006..In this study, we describe a functional network focused on Rei1/Ybr267w, a strictly cytoplasmic pre-60S factor indirectly involved in nuclear 27S pre-ribosomal RNA processing...
- Cytoplasmic recycling of 60S preribosomal factors depends on the AAA protein Drg1Brigitte Pertschy
Institut für Molekulare Biowissenschaften Karl Franzens Universität Graz, Universitatsplatz 2, A 8010, Graz, Austria
Mol Cell Biol 27:6581-92. 2007..under drg1 mutant conditions were blocked on pre-60S particles at a step that precedes the association of Rei1, a later-acting preribosomal factor...
- The Hsp40 chaperone Jjj1 is required for the nucleo-cytoplasmic recycling of preribosomal factors in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeEmilie Demoinet
Défenses Antivirales et Antitumorales, CNRS UMR5235, Universite Montpellier II, France
RNA 13:1570-81. 2007..are recycled into the nucleus; some of them shuttle between the nucleus and the cytoplasm while a few others, like Rei1, are strictly cytoplasmic and are mostly involved in the dissociation/recycling of the pre-60S shuttling factors...
- The cytosolic J-protein, Jjj1, and Rei1 function in the removal of the pre-60 S subunit factor Arx1Alison E Meyer
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 285:961-8. 2010..Two cytosolic proteins, Rei1 and Jjj1, are required, but their individual contributions to this step are not understood...
- Defining the pathway of cytoplasmic maturation of the 60S ribosomal subunitKai Yin Lo
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Mol Cell 39:196-208. 2010..Finally, the release of Tif6 is a prerequisite for the release of the nuclear export adaptor Nmd3. Establishing this pathway provides an important conceptual framework for understanding ribosome maturation...
- Structural snapshot of cytoplasmic pre-60S ribosomal particles bound by Nmd3, Lsg1, Tif6 and Reh1Chengying Ma
Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Protein Sciences, Beijing Advanced Innovation Center for Structural Biology, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Nat Struct Mol Biol . 2017..These findings pinpoint a structural checkpoint role for Nmd3 in PTC assembly, and provide information about functional and mechanistic roles of these assembly factors in the maturation of the 60S ribosomal subunit...
- Insertion of the Biogenesis Factor Rei1 Probes the Ribosomal Tunnel during 60S MaturationBasil Johannes Greber
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biophysics, Department of Biology, ETH Zurich, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Cell 164:91-102. 2016..the cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) structure of the yeast 60S subunit in complex with the biogenesis factors Rei1, Arx1, and Alb1 at 3.4 Å resolution...
- The drug diazaborine blocks ribosome biogenesis by inhibiting the AAA-ATPase Drg1Mathias Loibl
From the Institut für Molekulare Biowissenschaften, Karl Franzens Universitat Graz, A 8010 Graz, Austria and
J Biol Chem 289:3913-22. 2014..Our results identify the first target of an inhibitor of ribosome biogenesis and provide the mechanism of inhibition of a key step in large ribosomal subunit formation. ..
- Coupled GTPase and remodelling ATPase activities form a checkpoint for ribosome exportYoshitaka Matsuo
Biochemie Zentrum der Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, Heidelberg D 69120, Germany
Nature 505:112-6. 2014..We conclude that Nug2 is a regulatory GTPase that monitors pre-60S maturation, with release from its placeholder site linked to recruitment of the nuclear export machinery. ..
- Localization of lipid raft proteins to the plasma membrane is a major function of the phospholipid transfer protein Sec14Amy J Curwin
Department of Pharmacology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e55388. 2013..Localization of both lipid raft proteins was restored upon increased expression of the sec14(ts) allele. We suggest that a major function provided by Sec14 is trafficking and localization of lipid raft proteins...
- Rlp24 activates the AAA-ATPase Drg1 to initiate cytoplasmic pre-60S maturationLisa Kappel
Institut für Molekulare Biowissenschaften, Karl Franzens Universitat Graz, A 8010 Graz, Austria
J Cell Biol 199:771-82. 2012..Our results show that release of Rlp24 by Drg1 defines a key event in large subunit formation that is a prerequisite for progression of cytoplasmic pre-60S maturation...
- Cryo-EM structures of Arx1 and maturation factors Rei1 and Jjj1 bound to the 60S ribosomal subunitBasil J Greber
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biophysics, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:1228-33. 2012..biochemically characterized ribosomal complexes of the yeast 60S-biogenesis factor Arx1 and late-maturation factors Rei1 and Jjj1 and determined their cryo-EM structures...
- Analysis of ribosome biogenesis factor-modules in yeast cells depleted from pre-ribosomesJuliane Merl
Institut fur Biochemie, Genetik und Mikrobiologie, University of Regensburg, Universitätsstr 31, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 38:3068-80. 2010..The data presented strengthen the idea that assembly of eukaryotic pre-ribosomal particles can result from transient association of distinct building blocks...
- A ribosome-anchored chaperone network that facilitates eukaryotic ribosome biogenesisVéronique Albanèse
Department of Biology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94305, USA
J Cell Biol 189:69-81. 2010..Our results demonstrate that, in addition to their known cytoplasmic roles in de novo protein folding, some ribosome-anchored CLIPS chaperones play a critical role in nuclear steps of ribosome biogenesis...
- Ybr267w is a new cytoplasmic protein belonging to the mitotic signaling network of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeMasayuki Iwase
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
Cell Struct Funct 29:1-15. 2004YBR267w designated REI1 (required for isotropic bud growth) was isolated by two-hybrid screening using NIS1 encoding the neck protein as bait. Disruption of REI1 exhibited cold sensitive growth but did not exhibit a morphological defect...
- Functional redundancy of yeast proteins Reh1 and Rei1 in cytoplasmic 60S subunit maturationK Mark Parnell
Department of Biochemistry and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Utah School of Medicine, 15 N Medical Drive East, Room 4800, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5650, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:4014-23. 2009..The cytoplasmic protein Rei1, found in all eukaryotes, was previously shown to be necessary for the nuclear reimport of 60S subunit export ..
- Reduced cytosolic protein synthesis suppresses mitochondrial degenerationXiaowen Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Nat Cell Biol 10:1090-7. 2008..Our finding thus establishes a link between protein homeostasis (proteostasis), cellular bioenergetics and mitochondrial maintenance during ageing...
- Qri2/Nse4, a component of the essential Smc5/6 DNA repair complexBin Hu
Department of Life Sciences, King s College London, London SE1 9NN, UK
Mol Microbiol 55:1735-50. 2005..This could imply a role for Nse4 in maintenance of higher order chromosome structure...