Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: REC107
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Temporospatial coordination of meiotic DNA replication and recombination via DDK recruitment to replisomesHajime Murakami
Molecular Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cell 158:861-73. 2014..Dbf4-dependent Cdc7 kinase (DDK) and recruit it to the replisome, where it phosphorylates the DSB-promoting factor Mer2 in the wake of the replication fork, synchronizing replication with an early prerequisite for DSB formation...
- The COMPASS subunit Spp1 links histone methylation to initiation of meiotic recombinationLaurent Acquaviva
Marseille Cancer Research Center, U1068 Inserm, UMR7258 CNRS, Aix Marseille University, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille 13009, France
Science 339:215-8. 2013..Furthermore, we found that Spp1 physically interacts with Mer2, a key protein of the differentiated chromosomal axis required for DSB formation...
- Spp1, a member of the Set1 Complex, promotes meiotic DSB formation in promoters by tethering histone H3K4 methylation sites to chromosome axesVérane Sommermeyer
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, 75248 Paris, France
Mol Cell 49:43-54. 2013..of DSB formation and is associated with chromosome axes during meiosis, where it physically interacts with the Mer2 DSB protein...
- Molecular and genetic analysis of the yeast early meiotic recombination genes REC102 and REC107/MER2M Cool
Department of Biology, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242
Mol Cell Biol 12:1248-56. 1992..This paper presents data to confirm that two of them, REC102 and REC107, are general, meiosis-specific recombination genes that have no detectable role during mitosis...
- Isolation of mutants defective in early steps of meiotic recombination in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiaeR E Malone
Department of Biology, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242
Genetics 128:79-88. 1991..generated alleles of the known Rec genes SPO11, ME14 and MER1, as well as defining five new genes: REC102, REC104, REC107, REC113 and REC114...
- Meiotic gene conversion and crossing over: their relationship to each other and to chromosome synapsis and segregationJ Engebrecht
Department of Biology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06511 8112
Cell 62:927-37. 1990..A gene called MER2 partially suppresses the mer1 phenotype when present in high copy number...
- Binding of a cell-type-specific RNA splicing factor to its target regulatory sequenceK Nandabalan
Department of Biology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8103
Mol Cell Biol 15:1953-60. 1995The transcript of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae MER2 gene is spliced efficiently during meiosis but not during vegetative growth...
- The yeast MER2 gene is required for chromosome synapsis and the initiation of meiotic recombinationB Rockmill
Department of Biology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8103, USA
Genetics 141:49-59. 1995Mutation of the MER2 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae confers meiotic lethality. To gain insight into the function of the Mer2 protein, we have carried out a detailed characterization of the mer2 null mutant...
- Involvement of the MRE2 gene of yeast in formation of meiosis-specific double-strand breaks and crossover recombination through RNA splicingT Nakagawa
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Japan
Genes Cells 2:65-79. 1997..Mre2 has two copies of RNA recognition motif (RRM), suggesting its participation in RNA metabolism in meiosis...
- The Saccharomyces cerevisiae MER3 gene, encoding a novel helicase-like protein, is required for crossover control in meiosisT Nakagawa
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka 560 0043, Japan
EMBO J 18:5714-23. 1999..MER3 appears to be very important for both the DSB transition and crossover control...
- Antiviral protein Ski8 is a direct partner of Spo11 in meiotic DNA break formation, independent of its cytoplasmic role in RNA metabolismCharanjit Arora
Molecular Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, 1275 York Avenue, Box 97, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell 13:549-59. 2004..Ski8 works with Spo11 to recruit other DSB proteins to meiotic chromosomes, implicating Ski8 as a scaffold protein mediating assembly of a multiprotein complex essential for DSB formation...
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mer2, Mei4 and Rec114 form a complex required for meiotic double-strand break formationJing Li
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and Department of Genetics, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8103, USA
Genetics 173:1969-81. 2006..In this article we investigate the functions of the remaining three proteins--Mer2, Mei4, and Rec114--with particular emphasis on Mer2...
- Interactions between Mei4, Rec114, and other proteins required for meiotic DNA double-strand break formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeShohreh Maleki
Molecular Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Chromosoma 116:471-86. 2007..localization was independent of other DSB factors, but Mei4 localization was strongly dependent on Rec114 and Mer2. Systematic deletion analysis identified protein regions important for a previously described two-hybrid ..
- Cdc7-dependent phosphorylation of Mer2 facilitates initiation of yeast meiotic recombinationHiroyuki Sasanuma
Department of Life Sciences, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Komaba 3 8 1, Meguro ku, Tokyo 153 8902, Japan
Genes Dev 22:398-410. 2008..We also demonstrate that the N-terminal region of Mer2, a Spo11 ancillary protein required for DSB formation and phosphorylated by cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK), contains ..