Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: QCR9
Description: ubiquinol--cytochrome-c reductase subunit 9
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Structure at 2.3 A resolution of the cytochrome bc(1) complex from the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae co-crystallized with an antibody Fv fragmentC Hunte
Max Planck Institut fur Biophysik, Abt Molekulare Membranbiologie, Frankfurt, 60528, Germany
Structure 8:669-84. 2000..This integral membrane protein complex catalyzes electron transfer from ubiquinol to cytochrome c. It couples the electron transfer to the electrogenic translocation of protons across the membrane via a so-called Q cycle mechanism...
- The dimerization of the yeast cytochrome bc1 complex is an early event and is independent of Rip1Annalea Conte
Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences and Technologies, University of Salento, via prov le Lecce Monteroni, I 73100 Lecce, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1853:987-95. 2015..Finally, a new model of cytochrome bc1 complex assembly, in which distinct intermediates sequentially interact during bc1 maturation, has been proposed. ..
- Deletion of subunit 9 of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae cytochrome bc1 complex specifically impairs electron transfer at the ubiquinol oxidase site (center P) in the bc1 complexL A Graham
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH
FEBS Lett 313:251-4. 1992Deletion of QCR9, the nuclear gene encoding subunit 9 of the mitochondrial cytochrome bc1 complex in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, results in inactivation of the bc1 complex and inability of the yeast to grow on non-fermentable carbon sources...
- Subunit 9 of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae cytochrome bc1 complex is required for insertion of EPR-detectable iron-sulfur cluster into the Rieske iron-sulfur proteinJ D Phillips
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755
J Biol Chem 268:11727-36. 1993Deletion of QCR9, the nuclear gene encoding the 7.3-kDa subunit 9 of the cytochrome bc1 complex, impairs respiration of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, coincident with loss of ubiquinol-cytochrome c oxidoreductase activity...
- Mode of action of the qcr9 and cat3 mutations in restoring the ability of Saccharomyces cerevisiae tps1 mutants to grow on glucoseM A Blazquez
Unidad de Bioquímica y Genética de Levaduras, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas del C S I C, Madrid, Spain
Mol Gen Genet 249:655-64. 1995..Antimycin A or disruption of the QCR9 gene, which encodes one subunit of the cytochrome bc1 complex, restore the ability to grow in glucose-containing ..
- Role of positively charged transmembrane segments in the insertion and assembly of mitochondrial inner-membrane proteinsY Saint-Georges
Centre de Genetique Moleculaire du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Avenue de la Terrasse, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:13814-9. 2001..This model argues in favor of a role of Oxa1p in the insertion and the lateral exit of less hydrophobic TM domains from the translocation site into the lipid bilayer...
- Complementation of coenzyme Q-deficient yeast by coenzyme Q analogues requires the isoprenoid side chainAndrew M James
Wellcome Trust MRC Building, Cambridge, UK
FEBS J 277:2067-82. 2010..Using a DeltaCoQ double-knockout library we identified a number of genes that decrease the ability of yeast to grow on exogenous CoQ. Here we suggest that CoQ or its redox state may be a signal for growth during the shift to respiration...
- The LYR protein Mzm1 functions in the insertion of the Rieske Fe/S protein in yeast mitochondriaAaron Atkinson
University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Department of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:3988-96. 2011....
- Evidence that the assembly of the yeast cytochrome bc1 complex involves the formation of a large core structure in the inner mitochondrial membraneVincenzo Zara
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Biologiche ed Ambientali, Universita del Salento, Lecce, Italy
FEBS J 276:1900-14. 2009..The characterization of this novel core structure of the bc(1) complex provides a number of new elements clarifying the molecular events leading to the maturation of the yeast cytochrome bc(1) complex in the inner mitochondrial membrane...
- RECOMBINANT HUMANIZED ANTI-CYTOMEGALOVIRUS ANTIBODIESPatent Number: WO9409136-A1; Date:1994-04-28