Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NOG2
Description: putative GTPase NOG2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Identification of a 60S preribosomal particle that is closely linked to nuclear exportJ Bassler
Biochemie Zentrum Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell 8:517-29. 2001..Eight of these proteins were copurified with nuclear pore complexes, suggesting that this complex represents the transport intermediate for 60S subunit export...
- Nog2p, a putative GTPase associated with pre-60S subunits and required for late 60S maturation stepsC Saveanu
Genetique des Interactions Macromoleculaires, Institut Pasteur CNRS URA2171, 25 28 Rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
EMBO J 20:6475-84. 2001..These results suggest that transient, possibly GTP-dependent association of Nog2p with the pre-ribosomes might trigger late rRNA maturation steps in ribosomal large subunit biogenesis...
- Nsa2 is an unstable, conserved factor required for the maturation of 27 SB pre-rRNAsAlice Lebreton
Unité de Génétique des Interactions Macromoléculaires, CNRS URA2171, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Biol Chem 281:27099-108. 2006..Indeed, when ribosome biogenesis was blocked upstream of Nsa2, this short half-lived protein was largely depleted, suggesting that its cellular levels are tightly regulated...
- In vivo functional characterization of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae 60S biogenesis GTPase Nog1Jennifer L Fuentes
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, 830 North University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mol Genet Genomics 278:105-23. 2007..Several conserved charge-to-alanine substitutions outside the GTPase domain display modest growth phenotypes indicating that these residues are not critical for function...
- 60S ribosomal subunit assembly dynamics defined by semi-quantitative mass spectrometry of purified complexesAlice Lebreton
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Génétique des Interactions Macromoléculaires, CNRS URA2171, Paris, France
Nucleic Acids Res 36:4988-99. 2008..from strains in which rRNA processing was affected by individual depletion of five factors: Ebp2, Nog1, Nsa2, Nog2 or Pop3...
- Coupled GTPase and remodelling ATPase activities form a checkpoint for ribosome exportYoshitaka Matsuo
Biochemie Zentrum der Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, Heidelberg D 69120, Germany
Nature 505:112-6. 2014..Here we show that a conserved Saccharomyces cerevisiae GTPase Nug2 (also known as Nog2, and as NGP-1, GNL2 or nucleostemin 2 in human) has a key role in the timing of export ..
- Ribosome-stalk biogenesis is coupled with recruitment of nuclear-export factor to the nascent 60S subunitAnshuk Sarkar
Biochemistry Centre, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Struct Mol Biol 23:1074-1082. 2016..Thus, a spatiotemporal mark on the ribosomal stalk controls the recruitment of an RNA-export receptor to the nascent 60S subunit...
- Hierarchical recruitment into nascent ribosomes of assembly factors required for 27SB pre-rRNA processing in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJason Talkish
Department of Biological Sciences, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 40:8646-61. 2012..model in which assembly of the B-factors into nascent ribosomes ultimately leads to the recruitment of the GTPase Nog2. A more detailed analysis suggests that this occurs in a hierarchical manner via two largely independent recruiting ..
- Additional copies of the NOG2 and IST2 genes suppress the deficiency of cohesin Irr1p/Scc3p in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeAgnieszka Białkowska
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warszawa
Acta Biochim Pol 49:421-5. 2002..Here we describe two dosage suppressors (IST2, NOG2) overcoming the inability to form colonies of an Irr1p-deficient strain...
- Ecm1 is a new pre-ribosomal factor involved in pre-60S particle exportYanhua Yao
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Génétique des Interactions Macromoléculaires, CNRS URA2171, F 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
RNA 16:1007-17. 2010..These data highlight the involvement of many factors acting together to export pre-60S particles...
- A ribosome-anchored chaperone network that facilitates eukaryotic ribosome biogenesisVéronique Albanèse
Department of Biology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94305, USA
J Cell Biol 189:69-81. 2010..Our results demonstrate that, in addition to their known cytoplasmic roles in de novo protein folding, some ribosome-anchored CLIPS chaperones play a critical role in nuclear steps of ribosome biogenesis...
- Screening for novel essential genes of Saccharomyces cerevisiae involved in protein secretionSvetlana G Davydenko
VTT Biotechnology, PO Box 1500, FIN 02044 VTT, Finland
Yeast 21:463-71. 2004..Four of the genes detected, NOG2, NOP15, RRP40 and SDA1, encode proteins involved in ribosome assembly, suggesting a possible new signalling pathway ..