Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nmd3p
Description: ribosome-binding protein NMD3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Novel interaction of the 60S ribosomal subunit export adapter Nmd3 at the nuclear pore complexMatthew West
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology and the Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Biol Chem 282:14028-37. 2007..These results suggest that in the absence of the ribosome, Nmd3 is not efficiently released from Crm1 at the NPC...
- Characterization of the nuclear export adaptor protein Nmd3 in association with the 60S ribosomal subunitJayati Sengupta
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY 12201, USA
J Cell Biol 189:1079-86. 2010..This cryo-EM map is a first step toward a molecular understanding of the functional role and release mechanism of Nmd3...
- Ecm1 is a new pre-ribosomal factor involved in pre-60S particle exportYanhua Yao
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Génétique des Interactions Macromoléculaires, CNRS URA2171, F 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
RNA 16:1007-17. 2010..These data highlight the involvement of many factors acting together to export pre-60S particles...
- Defining the pathway of cytoplasmic maturation of the 60S ribosomal subunitKai Yin Lo
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Mol Cell 39:196-208. 2010..Finally, the release of Tif6 is a prerequisite for the release of the nuclear export adaptor Nmd3. Establishing this pathway provides an important conceptual framework for understanding ribosome maturation...
- Ribosome stalk assembly requires the dual-specificity phosphatase Yvh1 for the exchange of Mrt4 with P0Kai Yin Lo
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, The Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Cell Biol 186:849-62. 2009..The initial assembly of the ribosome with Mrt4 may provide functional compartmentalization of ribosome assembly in addition to the spatial separation afforded by the nuclear envelope...
- The mRNA export factor Npl3 mediates the nuclear export of large ribosomal subunitsAlexandra Hackmann
Abteilung für Molekulare Genetik, Institut fur Mikrobiologie und Genetik, Göttinger Zentrum für Molekulare Biowissenschaften, Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Grisebachstrasse 8, Göttingen 37077, Germany
EMBO Rep 12:1024-31. 2011..Mutations in NPL3 lead to export defects of the large subunit and genetic interactions with other pre-60S export factors...
- Reengineering ribosome exportKai Yin Lo
Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:1545-54. 2009..These results imply remarkable flexibility in the export pathway for the 60S subunit and help explain how different export receptors could have evolved in different eukaryotic lineages...
- Arx1 is a nuclear export receptor for the 60S ribosomal subunit in yeastNai Jung Hung
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology and the Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:735-44. 2008..These results show that Arx1 can directly bridge the interaction between the pre-60S particle and the NPC and thus is a third export receptor for the 60S subunit in yeast...
- Integrity of the P-site is probed during maturation of the 60S ribosomal subunitCyril Bussiere
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Cell Biol 197:747-59. 2012..We propose that Efl1 promotes a functional check of the integrity of the 60S subunit before its first round of translation...
- Mutational analysis of the ribosomal protein Rpl10 from yeastAnne Hofer
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station A5000, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Biol Chem 282:32630-9. 2007..We also found that mutant Rpl10 proteins were engineered to be unable to bind to the ribosome accumulated in the nucleus. This was unexpected and may suggest a nuclear role for Rpl10...
- Mapping the functional domains of yeast NMD3, the nuclear export adapter for the 60 S ribosomal subunitJohn Hedges
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology and the Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78172 1095, USA
J Biol Chem 281:36579-87. 2006Nuclear export of the large ribosomal subunit requires the adapter protein Nmd3p to provide a leucine-rich nuclear export signal that is recognized by the export receptor Crm1. Nmd3p binds to the pre-60 S subunit in the nucleus...
- Release of the export adapter, Nmd3p, from the 60S ribosomal subunit requires Rpl10p and the cytoplasmic GTPase Lsg1pJohn Hedges
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712 1095, USA
EMBO J 24:567-79. 2005In eukaryotes, nuclear export of the large (60S) ribosomal subunit requires the adapter protein Nmd3p to provide the nuclear export signal...
- The putative GTPases Nog1p and Lsg1p are required for 60S ribosomal subunit biogenesis and are localized to the nucleus and cytoplasm, respectivelyGeorge Kallstrom
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology and Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:4344-55. 2003..that are found associated with free 60S ribosomal subunits affinity purified with the nuclear export adapter Nmd3p. Nog1p and Lsg1p are nucleolar and cytoplasmic, respectively, and are not simultaneously on the same particle, ..
- Nuclear export of 60s ribosomal subunits depends on Xpo1p and requires a nuclear export sequence-containing factor, Nmd3p, that associates with the large subunit protein Rpl10pO Gadal
Biochemie Zentrum Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 21:3405-15. 2001..One of these corresponds to the ribosomal protein Rpl10p, which interacts directly with Nmd3p, a conserved and essential protein associated with 60S subunits...
- Nascent 60S ribosomal subunits enter the free pool bound by Nmd3pJ H Ho
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology and the Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, 78712 1095, USA
RNA 6:1625-34. 2000b>Nmd3p from yeast is required for the export of the large (60S) ribosomal subunit from the nucleus (Ho et al., 2000). Here, we show that Nmd3p forms a stable complex with free 60S subunits...
- Nmd3p is a Crm1p-dependent adapter protein for nuclear export of the large ribosomal subunitJ H Ho
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology and the Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
J Cell Biol 151:1057-66. 2000..We showed previously that Nmd3p is an essential protein from yeast that is required for a late step in biogenesis of the large (60S) ribosomal ..
- Temperature-sensitive mutations in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae MRT4, GRC5, SLA2 and THS1 genes result in defects in mRNA turnoverD Zuk
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Genetics 153:35-47. 1999..The growth and mRNA decay defects of ts942 (grc5) cells were suppressed by overexpression of the NMD3 gene, encoding a protein shown to participate in a two-hybrid interaction with the nonsense-mediated decay protein Upf1p...
- NMD3 encodes an essential cytoplasmic protein required for stable 60S ribosomal subunits in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJ H Ho
Department of Microbiology and Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:2389-99. 1999..However, the mature RNA was rapidly degraded, with a half-life of 4 min. Nmd3p fractionated as a cytoplasmic protein and sedimented in the position of free 60S subunits in sucrose gradients...
- Defining the order in which Nmd3p and Rpl10p load onto nascent 60S ribosomal subunitsMatthew West
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, ESB 325, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712 1095, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:3802-13. 2005..that Rpl10p as well as the cytoplasmic GTPase Lsg1p are required for releasing the 60S nuclear export adapter Nmd3p from subunits in the cytoplasm...
- Overexpression of truncated Nmd3p inhibits protein synthesis in yeastJ P Belk
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01655 0122, USA
RNA 5:1055-70. 1999..Overexpression of a truncated form of Nmd3p, lacking 100 C-terminal amino acids and most of its Upf1p-interacting domain, had dominant-negative effects on ..
- Coupled GTPase and remodelling ATPase activities form a checkpoint for ribosome exportYoshitaka Matsuo
Biochemie Zentrum der Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, Heidelberg D 69120, Germany
Nature 505:112-6. 2014..We conclude that Nug2 is a regulatory GTPase that monitors pre-60S maturation, with release from its placeholder site linked to recruitment of the nuclear export machinery. ..
- Structural snapshot of cytoplasmic pre-60S ribosomal particles bound by Nmd3, Lsg1, Tif6 and Reh1Chengying Ma
Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Protein Sciences, Beijing Advanced Innovation Center for Structural Biology, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Nat Struct Mol Biol . 2017..These findings pinpoint a structural checkpoint role for Nmd3 in PTC assembly, and provide information about functional and mechanistic roles of these assembly factors in the maturation of the 60S ribosomal subunit...
- The drug diazaborine blocks ribosome biogenesis by inhibiting the AAA-ATPase Drg1Mathias Loibl
From the Institut für Molekulare Biowissenschaften, Karl Franzens Universitat Graz, A 8010 Graz, Austria and
J Biol Chem 289:3913-22. 2014..Our results identify the first target of an inhibitor of ribosome biogenesis and provide the mechanism of inhibition of a key step in large ribosomal subunit formation. ..
- Bypass of the pre-60S ribosomal quality control as a pathway to oncogenesisSergey O Sulima
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:5640-5. 2014....
- Nuclear Export of Pre-Ribosomal Subunits Requires Dbp5, but Not as an RNA-Helicase as for mRNA ExportBettina Neumann
Abteilung für Molekulare Genetik, Institut fur Mikrobiologie und Genetik, Göttinger Zentrum für Molekulare Biowissenschaften GZMB, Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 11:e0149571. 2016..Thus, our findings reveal that although different ribonucleoparticles, mRNAs and pre-ribosomal subunits, use shared export factors, they utilize different transport mechanisms. ..
- Ribosome-stalk biogenesis is coupled with recruitment of nuclear-export factor to the nascent 60S subunitAnshuk Sarkar
Biochemistry Centre, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Struct Mol Biol 23:1074-1082. 2016..Thus, a spatiotemporal mark on the ribosomal stalk controls the recruitment of an RNA-export receptor to the nascent 60S subunit...
- Bcp1 Is the Nuclear Chaperone of Rpl23 in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeYa Han Ting
From the Department of Agricultural Chemistry, National Taiwan University, 1 Sec 4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei 10617, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 292:585-596. 2017..Loss of Bcp1 causes instability of Rpl23 and deficiency of 60S subunits. In summary, Bcp1 is a novel 60S biogenesis factor via chaperoning Rpl23 in the nucleus...
- Non-FG mediated transport of the large pre-ribosomal subunit through the nuclear pore complex by the mRNA export factor Gle2Laura Occhipinti
Department of Biology D BIOL, Institute of Biochemistry IBC, ETH Zurich, Schafmattstrasse 18, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland and MLS Program, Life Sciences Zurich Graduate School, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Nucleic Acids Res 41:8266-79. 2013..We propose that large complex cargos rely on non-FG as well as FG-interactions for their efficient translocation through the nuclear pore complex channel. ..
- Rlp24 activates the AAA-ATPase Drg1 to initiate cytoplasmic pre-60S maturationLisa Kappel
Institut für Molekulare Biowissenschaften, Karl Franzens Universitat Graz, A 8010 Graz, Austria
J Cell Biol 199:771-82. 2012..Our results show that release of Rlp24 by Drg1 defines a key event in large subunit formation that is a prerequisite for progression of cytoplasmic pre-60S maturation...
- A ribosome-anchored chaperone network that facilitates eukaryotic ribosome biogenesisVéronique Albanèse
Department of Biology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94305, USA
J Cell Biol 189:69-81. 2010..Our results demonstrate that, in addition to their known cytoplasmic roles in de novo protein folding, some ribosome-anchored CLIPS chaperones play a critical role in nuclear steps of ribosome biogenesis...
- Analysis of ribosome biogenesis factor-modules in yeast cells depleted from pre-ribosomesJuliane Merl
Institut fur Biochemie, Genetik und Mikrobiologie, University of Regensburg, Universitätsstr 31, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 38:3068-80. 2010..The data presented strengthen the idea that assembly of eukaryotic pre-ribosomal particles can result from transient association of distinct building blocks...
- Functional redundancy of yeast proteins Reh1 and Rei1 in cytoplasmic 60S subunit maturationK Mark Parnell
Department of Biochemistry and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Utah School of Medicine, 15 N Medical Drive East, Room 4800, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5650, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:4014-23. 2009..We observe that strains lacking both Reh1 and Rei1 accumulate salt-labile 60S subunits, suggesting that Reh1/Rei1 is necessary for the cytoplasmic 60S subunit to adopt its mature, stable form...
- A versatile interaction platform on the Mex67-Mtr2 receptor creates an overlap between mRNA and ribosome exportWei Yao
Biochemie Zentrum der Universitat Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 27:6-16. 2008..Thus, the Mex67-Mtr2 export receptor employs a versatile binding platform on its surface that could create a crosstalk between mRNA and ribosome export pathways...
- An improved, bias-reduced probabilistic functional gene network of baker's yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiaeInsuk Lee
Center for Systems and Synthetic Biology, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e988. 2007....
- GRC5 and NMD3 function in translational control of gene expression and interact geneticallyT Karl
Department of Genetics and General Biology, University of Salzburg, Hellbrunnerstrasse 34, A 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Curr Genet 34:419-29. 1999..NMD3 was previously identified as a component of the nonsense-mediated mRNA decay pathway. The point mutations within NMD3 reported here may define a domain important for the functional interaction of Grc5p and Nmd3p.