Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LGE1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- A conserved RING finger protein required for histone H2B monoubiquitination and cell size controlWilliam W Hwang
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Mol Cell 11:261-6. 2003..The RING domain of Bre1 is essential for both of these modifications as is Lge1 (Large 1), a protein required for cell size control that copurifies with Bre1...
- Transcriptional regulation by Lge1p requires a function independent of its role in histone H2B ubiquitinationXiaoting Zhang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Biol Chem 280:2759-70. 2005..These findings provide a strong argument that Lge1p has roles in gene regulation independent of its participation in the Rad6p-dependent ubiquitination of H2B...
- Previously uncharacterized genes in the UV- and MMS-induced DNA damage response in yeastDenise Hanway
Department of Chemistry and Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:10605-10. 2002..Epistatsis analysis of four of the genes was performed to determine the DNA damage repair pathways in which the protein products function...
- Genetic interactions between a phospholipase A2 and the Rim101 pathway components in S. cerevisiae reveal a role for this pathway in response to changes in membrane composition and shapeM Mattiazzi
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, Jozef Stefan Institute, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Mol Genet Genomics 283:519-30. 2010....
- A Bre1-associated protein, large 1 (Lge1), promotes H2B ubiquitylation during the early stages of transcription elongationYoung Ha Song
Division of Molecular and Life Science, College of Science and Technology, Hanyang University, 1271 Sa 3 dong, Sangnok gu, Ansan, Gyeonggi do 426 791, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 285:2361-7. 2010..Here, we show that Lge1 (Large 1) is found in a complex containing Rad6...
- Novel roles for selected genes in meiotic DNA processingPhilip W Jordan
Institute of Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 3:e222. 2007..We show how existing datasets may be used to define gene sets enriched for specific roles and how these can be evaluated by experimental analysis...
- Identification of Rkr1, a nuclear RING domain protein with functional connections to chromatin modification in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeMary A Braun
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, 269 Crawford Hall, 4249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:2800-11. 2007..Taken together, our results identify a new participant in a protein ubiquitylation pathway within the nucleus that acts to modulate chromatin function and transcription...
- The RNA polymerase II kinase Ctk1 regulates positioning of a 5' histone methylation boundary along genesTiaojiang Xiao
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, 405 Mary Ellen Jones, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7260, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:721-31. 2007....
- The Yng1p plant homeodomain finger is a methyl-histone binding module that recognizes lysine 4-methylated histone H3David G E Martin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 26:7871-9. 2006..These results identify a novel function for the Yng1p PHD finger in promoting stabilization of the NuA3 complex at chromatin through recognition of histone H3 lysine 4 methylation...
- The RAD6/BRE1 histone modification pathway in Saccharomyces confers radiation resistance through a RAD51-dependent process that is independent of RAD18John C Game
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, CA 94720, USA
Genetics 173:1951-68. 2006..We conclude that IR resistance conferred by BRE1 and DOT1 is mediated through homologous recombinational repair, not postreplication repair, and confirm findings of a G1 checkpoint role for the RAD6/BRE1/DOT1 pathway...
- Repair Pathways for Ionizing Radiation Damage YeastJohn Game; Fiscal Year: 2006..Recent and existing mutants will be studied in detail with this system to determine the molecular involvement of each gene in DSB repair, sister chromatid exchange and recombination between chromosomes. ..