Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYT1
Description: ubiquinol--cytochrome-c reductase catalytic subunit CYT1
Alias: CTC1, YOR29-16
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Structure at 2.3 A resolution of the cytochrome bc(1) complex from the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae co-crystallized with an antibody Fv fragmentC Hunte
Max Planck Institut fur Biophysik, Abt Molekulare Membranbiologie, Frankfurt, 60528, Germany
Structure 8:669-84. 2000..This integral membrane protein complex catalyzes electron transfer from ubiquinol to cytochrome c. It couples the electron transfer to the electrogenic translocation of protons across the membrane via a so-called Q cycle mechanism...
- Cyc2p, a membrane-bound flavoprotein involved in the maturation of mitochondrial c-type cytochromesDelphine G Bernard
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1569, USA
J Biol Chem 280:39852-9. 2005..We postulate that, in vivo, Cyc2p interacts with CCHL and is involved in the reduction of heme prior to its ligation to apocytochrome c by CCHL...
- c-type cytochrome assembly in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: a key residue for apocytochrome c1/lyase interactionVincent Corvest
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Center for Biotechnology and Genomics, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX 79409, USA
Genetics 186:561-71. 2010..CC(1)HL-dependent assembly of holocytochrome c(1). We also provide evidence that Cyc2p is dedicated to the CCHL pathway and is not required for the CC(1)HL-dependent assembly of cytochrome c(1)...
- Shy1 couples Cox1 translational regulation to cytochrome c oxidase assemblyDavid U Mick
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekularbiologie, Zentrum für Biochemie und Molekulare Zellforschung, Universitat Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
EMBO J 26:4347-58. 2007..We suggest that Shy1 links Cox1 translational regulation to complex IV assembly and supercomplex formation...
- Overlapping Role of Respiratory Supercomplex Factor Rcf2 and Its N-terminal Homolog Rcf3 in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeKatharina Römpler
From the Department of Cellular Biochemistry, University Medical Center Gottingen, D 37073 Gottingen, Germany and
J Biol Chem 291:23769-23778. 2016..Furthermore, our data suggest an association of all three Rcf proteins with the bc1 complex in the absence of a functional cytochrome c oxidase and identify a supercomplex independent interaction network of the Rcf proteins...
- The dimerization of the yeast cytochrome bc1 complex is an early event and is independent of Rip1Annalea Conte
Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences and Technologies, University of Salento, via prov le Lecce Monteroni, I 73100 Lecce, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1853:987-95. 2015..Finally, a new model of cytochrome bc1 complex assembly, in which distinct intermediates sequentially interact during bc1 maturation, has been proposed. ..
- Assembly factors monitor sequential hemylation of cytochrome b to regulate mitochondrial translationMarkus Hildenbeutel
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Center for Biomembrane Research, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Biol 205:511-24. 2014..Failure to hemylate cytochrome b sequesters the Cbp3-Cbp6 complex in early assembly intermediates, thereby causing a reduction in cytochrome b synthesis via a feedback loop that senses hemylation of cytochrome b. ..
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae porin pore forms complexes with mitochondrial outer membrane proteins Om14p and Om45pSusann Lauffer
Institute of Genetics, Technische Universitat Dresden, 01062 Dresden, Germany
J Biol Chem 287:17447-58. 2012..We propose a model for the role of the two OM proteins in addressing the porin pore to bind to specific channels in the mt IM to facilitate transport of metabolites...
- Identification of a protein mediating respiratory supercomplex stabilityYu Chan Chen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Cell Metab 15:348-60. 2012..We suggest that Rcf1 is a member of an evolutionarily conserved protein family that acts to promote respiratory supercomplex assembly and activity...
- Rcf1 and Rcf2, members of the hypoxia-induced gene 1 protein family, are critical components of the mitochondrial cytochrome bc1-cytochrome c oxidase supercomplexVera Strogolova
Department of Biological Sciences, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Mol Cell Biol 32:1363-73. 2012..Based on our findings, we propose a model where the Hig1 proteins regulate the COX enzyme activity through Cox3 and associated Cox12 protein, in a manner that may be influenced by the neighboring AAC proteins...
- Increased respiration in the sch9Delta mutant is required for increasing chronological life span but not replicative life spanHugo Lavoie
Biotechnology Research Institute, National Research Council, Montreal, Quebec H4P 2R2, Canada
Eukaryot Cell 7:1127-35. 2008..Deletion of HAP4 and CYT1, both of which are essential for respiration, revert the sch9Delta mutant respiratory rate back to a lower-than-..
- The LYR protein Mzm1 functions in the insertion of the Rieske Fe/S protein in yeast mitochondriaAaron Atkinson
University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Department of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:3988-96. 2011....
- Coa3 and Cox14 are essential for negative feedback regulation of COX1 translation in mitochondriaDavid U Mick
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekularbiologie, Zentrum für Biochemie und Molekulare Zellforschung, Universitat Freiburg, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Cell Biol 191:141-54. 2010..Our data indicate that Coa1 binding to sequestered Mss51 in complex with Cox14, Coa3, and Cox1 is essential for full inactivation...
- Reduced cytosolic protein synthesis suppresses mitochondrial degenerationXiaowen Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Nat Cell Biol 10:1090-7. 2008..Our finding thus establishes a link between protein homeostasis (proteostasis), cellular bioenergetics and mitochondrial maintenance during ageing...
- The cytochrome c peroxidase.cytochrome c electron transfer complex. Experimental support of a hypothetical modelB Waldmeyer
J Biol Chem 257:6073-6. 1982..Cross-linking occurred to carboxyl groups of the NH2-terminal fragment 1-119 and of fragment 172-229. The four crucial aspartates of the hypothetical model are located in these same two sequence regions...
- The malate-aspartate NADH shuttle components are novel metabolic longevity regulators required for calorie restriction-mediated life span extension in yeastErin Easlon
Section of Microbiology, College of Biological Sciences, University of California at Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
Genes Dev 22:931-44. 2008..Together, these data suggest that CR may extend life span and ameliorate age-associated metabolic diseases by activating components of the NADH shuttles...
- Identification of the heme axial ligands in the cytochrome b562 of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae succinate dehydrogenaseKayode S Oyedotun
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group in Membrane Protein Research, Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:9432-9. 2004..Loss of cytochrome b(562) has no effect on enzyme assembly and quinone reduction; the role of the heme in enzyme structure and function is discussed...
- Electron transfer between yeast cytochrome bc(1) complex and cytochrome c: a structural analysisCarola Hunte
Max Planck Institute of Biophysics, Dept Molecular Membrane Biology, Heinrich Hoffmann Str 7, 60528 Frankfurt M, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1555:21-8. 2002..Remarkably, CYC binds only to one of the two possible binding sites of the homodimeric complex and binding appears to be coordinated with the presence of ubiquinone at the Q(i) site. Regulatory aspects of CYC reduction are discussed...
- Role of positively charged transmembrane segments in the insertion and assembly of mitochondrial inner-membrane proteinsY Saint-Georges
Centre de Genetique Moleculaire du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Avenue de la Terrasse, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:13814-9. 2001..This model argues in favor of a role of Oxa1p in the insertion and the lateral exit of less hydrophobic TM domains from the translocation site into the lipid bilayer...
- Role of Arg-166 in yeast cytochrome C1Z Ahmad
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 276:18450-6. 2001A systematic screen for dominant-negative mutations of the CYT1 gene, which encodes cytochrome c(1), revealed seven mutants after testing approximately 10(4) Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains transformed with a library of mutagenized ..
- Effects of crowding by mono-, di-, and tetrasaccharides on cytochrome c-cytochrome c peroxidase binding: comparing experiment to theoryA S Morar
Department of Chemistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 3290, USA
Biochemistry 40:281-5. 2001..None of the analyses are completely successful by themselves, and the results suggest that a complete analysis must account for both excluded-volume and chemical interactions...
- Mutations in the membrane anchor of yeast cytochrome c1 compensate for the absence of Oxa1p and generate carbonate-extractable forms of cytochrome c1P Hamel
Centre de Genetique Moleculaire du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Genetics 150:601-11. 1998..Molecular cloning and sequencing reveal that the suppressor mutations (CYT1-1 to -6) correspond to amino acid substitutions that are all located in the membrane anchor of cytochrome c1 and ..