Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COR1
Description: ubiquinol--cytochrome-c reductase subunit COR1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Structure at 2.3 A resolution of the cytochrome bc(1) complex from the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae co-crystallized with an antibody Fv fragmentC Hunte
Max Planck Institut fur Biophysik, Abt Molekulare Membranbiologie, Frankfurt, 60528, Germany
Structure 8:669-84. 2000..This integral membrane protein complex catalyzes electron transfer from ubiquinol to cytochrome c. It couples the electron transfer to the electrogenic translocation of protons across the membrane via a so-called Q cycle mechanism...
- A role for Tim21 in membrane-potential-dependent preprotein sorting in mitochondriaMartin van der Laan
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekularbiologie, Zentrum für Biochemie und Molekulare Zellforschung, Universitat Freiburg, Hermann Herder Strasse 7, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Curr Biol 16:2271-6. 2006..These findings suggest a new coupling mechanism in an energy-transducing membrane...
- Sorting switch of mitochondrial presequence translocase involves coupling of motor module to respiratory chainNils Wiedemann
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekularbiologie, Zentrum für Biochemie und Molekulare Zellforschung, Freiburg, Germany
J Cell Biol 179:1115-22. 2007..The motor does not assemble en bloc with the translocase but apparently in a step-wise manner with the Pam16/18 module before the Hsp70 core...
- The yeast Aac2 protein exists in physical association with the cytochrome bc1-COX supercomplex and the TIM23 machineryMary K Dienhart
Department of Biological Sciences, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 53233, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:3934-43. 2008..The physiological implications of the association of AAC with the cytochrome bc(1)-COX-TIM23 supercomplex are also discussed...
- Shy1 couples Cox1 translational regulation to cytochrome c oxidase assemblyDavid U Mick
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekularbiologie, Zentrum für Biochemie und Molekulare Zellforschung, Universitat Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
EMBO J 26:4347-58. 2007..We suggest that Shy1 links Cox1 translational regulation to complex IV assembly and supercomplex formation...
- Overlapping Role of Respiratory Supercomplex Factor Rcf2 and Its N-terminal Homolog Rcf3 in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeKatharina Römpler
From the Department of Cellular Biochemistry, University Medical Center Gottingen, D 37073 Gottingen, Germany and
J Biol Chem 291:23769-23778. 2016..Furthermore, our data suggest an association of all three Rcf proteins with the bc1 complex in the absence of a functional cytochrome c oxidase and identify a supercomplex independent interaction network of the Rcf proteins...
- The dimerization of the yeast cytochrome bc1 complex is an early event and is independent of Rip1Annalea Conte
Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences and Technologies, University of Salento, via prov le Lecce Monteroni, I 73100 Lecce, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1853:987-95. 2015..Finally, a new model of cytochrome bc1 complex assembly, in which distinct intermediates sequentially interact during bc1 maturation, has been proposed. ..
- Electron transfer between yeast cytochrome bc(1) complex and cytochrome c: a structural analysisCarola Hunte
Max Planck Institute of Biophysics, Dept Molecular Membrane Biology, Heinrich Hoffmann Str 7, 60528 Frankfurt M, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1555:21-8. 2002..Remarkably, CYC binds only to one of the two possible binding sites of the homodimeric complex and binding appears to be coordinated with the presence of ubiquinone at the Q(i) site. Regulatory aspects of CYC reduction are discussed...
- Aim24 stabilizes respiratory chain supercomplexes and is required for efficient respirationMarkus Deckers
Department of Cellular Biochemistry, University of Gottingen, D 37073 Gottingen, Germany
FEBS Lett 588:2985-92. 2014..Deletion of AIM24 strongly affects activity of the respiratory chain and induces a growth defect on non-fermentable medium. Our data indicate that Aim24 has a function in stabilizing the respiratory chain supercomplexes. ..
- Assembly factors monitor sequential hemylation of cytochrome b to regulate mitochondrial translationMarkus Hildenbeutel
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Center for Biomembrane Research, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Biol 205:511-24. 2014..Failure to hemylate cytochrome b sequesters the Cbp3-Cbp6 complex in early assembly intermediates, thereby causing a reduction in cytochrome b synthesis via a feedback loop that senses hemylation of cytochrome b. ..
- Rcf1 and Rcf2, members of the hypoxia-induced gene 1 protein family, are critical components of the mitochondrial cytochrome bc1-cytochrome c oxidase supercomplexVera Strogolova
Department of Biological Sciences, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Mol Cell Biol 32:1363-73. 2012..Based on our findings, we propose a model where the Hig1 proteins regulate the COX enzyme activity through Cox3 and associated Cox12 protein, in a manner that may be influenced by the neighboring AAC proteins...
- A mitochondrial pyruvate carrier required for pyruvate uptake in yeast, Drosophila, and humansDaniel K Bricker
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Science 337:96-100. 2012..These data demonstrate that Mpc1 and Mpc2 form an essential part of the mitochondrial pyruvate carrier...
- Mgr2 promotes coupling of the mitochondrial presequence translocase to partner complexesMichael Gebert
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekularbiologie, Zentrum für Biochemie und Molekulare Zellforschung, Fakultat fur Biologie, Funktionelle Proteomik, Universitat Freiburg, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Cell Biol 197:595-604. 2012..We conclude that Mgr2 is a coupling factor of the presequence translocase crucial for cell growth at elevated temperature and for efficient protein import...
- Identification of a protein mediating respiratory supercomplex stabilityYu Chan Chen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Cell Metab 15:348-60. 2012..We suggest that Rcf1 is a member of an evolutionarily conserved protein family that acts to promote respiratory supercomplex assembly and activity...
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae porin pore forms complexes with mitochondrial outer membrane proteins Om14p and Om45pSusann Lauffer
Institute of Genetics, Technische Universitat Dresden, 01062 Dresden, Germany
J Biol Chem 287:17447-58. 2012..We propose a model for the role of the two OM proteins in addressing the porin pore to bind to specific channels in the mt IM to facilitate transport of metabolites...
- A yeast BH3-only protein mediates the mitochondrial pathway of apoptosisSabrina Buttner
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, University of Graz, Graz, Austria
EMBO J 30:2779-92. 2011..Thus, the yeast genome encodes a functional BH3 domain that induces cell death through phylogenetically conserved mechanisms...
- The LYR protein Mzm1 functions in the insertion of the Rieske Fe/S protein in yeast mitochondriaAaron Atkinson
University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Department of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:3988-96. 2011....
- Structure and function of the mitochondrial bc1 complex. Properties of the complex in temperature-sensitive cor1 mutantsD L Gatti
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027
J Biol Chem 265:21468-75. 1990..All the cor1 mutants examined have greatly reduced concentrations of mitochondrial cytochrome b and display succinate-cytochrome ..
- Coa3 and Cox14 are essential for negative feedback regulation of COX1 translation in mitochondriaDavid U Mick
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekularbiologie, Zentrum für Biochemie und Molekulare Zellforschung, Universitat Freiburg, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Cell Biol 191:141-54. 2010..Our data indicate that Coa1 binding to sequestered Mss51 in complex with Cox14, Coa3, and Cox1 is essential for full inactivation...
- Chapter 11 Supercomplex organization of the yeast respiratory chain complexes and the ADP/ATP carrier proteinsRosemary A Stuart
Department of Biological Sciences, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Methods Enzymol 456:191-208. 2009..The method used to analyze the cytochrome bc(1)-COX-AAC supercomplex and to affinity purify the Aac2 isoform and its associating proteins from S. cerevisiae mitochondria will be outlined in this chapter...
- Assembly of the mitochondrial membrane system. Characterization of COR1, the structural gene for the 44-kilodalton core protein of yeast coenzyme QH2-cytochrome c reductaseA Tzagoloff
J Biol Chem 261:17163-9. 1986..fails to complement G7 mutants thereby confirming the correct identification of the gene henceforth referred to as COR1. The carboxyl-terminal half of the COR1 gene has been fused to the amino-terminal half of the Escherichia coli trpE ..
- Yeast mitochondrial dehydrogenases are associated in a supramolecular complexX Grandier-Vazeille
UMR5095 C N R S Université de Bordeaux 2, 1 rue Camille Saint Saens, 33077 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Biochemistry 40:9758-69. 2001..The association of these proteins is discussed in terms of NADH-channeling...
- PAPILLOMA VIRUS VACCINEPatent Number: WO9302184-A1; Date:1993-02-04