Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CDC53
Description: cullin CDC53
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- ATP hydrolysis-dependent disassembly of the 26S proteasome is part of the catalytic cycleShalon E Babbitt
Edward A Doisy Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Cell 121:553-65. 2005..This is the first demonstration that a controlled dissociation of the 19S regulatory particles from the 26S proteasome is part of the mechanism of protein degradation...
- A transcriptional activator is part of an SCF ubiquitin ligase to control degradation of its cofactorsIkram Ouni
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, 240D Med Sci I, Irvine, CA 92697 1700, USA
Mol Cell 40:954-64. 2010..Our results establish an additional layer for substrate recruitment by SCF ubiquitin ligases and provide conceptual insight into coordinated regulation of protein complexes...
- Skp1p and the F-box protein Rcy1p form a non-SCF complex involved in recycling of the SNARE Snc1p in yeastJ M Galan
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, 1066 Epalinges VD, Switzerland
Mol Cell Biol 21:3105-17. 2001..Importantly, Skp1p was the only major partner that copurified with Rcy1p. Our results thus suggest that a complex composed of Rcy1p and Skp1p but not other SCF components may play a direct role in recycling of internalized proteins...
- Role of predicted metalloprotease motif of Jab1/Csn5 in cleavage of Nedd8 from Cul1Gregory A Cope
Department of Biology, California Institute of Technology Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Science 298:608-11. 2002..We propose that JAMM isopeptidases play important roles in a variety of physiological pathways...
- Conservation of the COP9/signalosome in budding yeastSusan Wee
Department of Cancer Cell Biology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, USA
BMC Genet 3:15. 2002..CSN is highly conserved across species from fission yeast to humans, but sequence comparison has failed to identify the complex in budding yeast, except for a putative CSN5 subunit called Rri1p...
- COP9 signalosome components play a role in the mating pheromone response of S. cerevisiaeVered Maytal-Kivity
Department of Biology and Institute for Catalysis Science and Technology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, 32000 Haifa, Israel
EMBO Rep 3:1215-21. 2002..Csi1, a novel CSN interactor, exhibits opposite phenotypes. Deletants also accumulate Cdc53/cullin in a Rub1-modified form; however, this role of the CSN appears to be distinct from that in the mating ..
- DNA damage response-mediated degradation of Ho endonuclease via the ubiquitin system involves its nuclear exportLudmila Kaplun
Department of Life Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheba, Israel 84105
J Biol Chem 278:48727-34. 2003..These experiments elucidate some of the links between the DNA damage response and degradation of Ho by the ubiquitin system...
- The B-type cyclin kinase inhibitor p40SIC1 controls the G1 to S transition in S. cerevisiaeE Schwob
I M P Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Vienna, Austria
Cell 79:233-44. 1994..In wild-type cells, p40SIC1 protein appears at the end of mitosis and disappears shortly before S phase. Proteolysis of a cyclin-specific inhibitor of Cdc28 is therefore an essential aspect of the G1 to S phase transition...
- Rbx1, a component of the VHL tumor suppressor complex and SCF ubiquitin ligaseT Kamura
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Program in Molecular and Cell Biology, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Science 284:657-61. 1999..The yeast homolog of Rbx1 is a subunit and potent activator of the Cdc53-containing SCFCdc4 ubiquitin ligase required for ubiquitination of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor Sic1 and ..
- Cullin neddylation and substrate-adaptors counteract SCF inhibition by the CAND1-like protein Lag2 in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeEdyta Siergiejuk
ETH Zurich, Institute of Biochemistry, Schafmattstrasse 18, Zurich, Switzerland
EMBO J 28:3845-56. 2009..Similar to Cand1, Lag2 directly interacts with non-neddylated yeast cullin Cdc53 and prevents its neddylation in vivo and in vitro...
- Unique role for the UbL-UbA protein Ddi1 in turnover of SCFUfo1 complexesYelena Ivantsiv
Department of Life Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheba 84105, Israel
Mol Cell Biol 26:1579-88. 2006..These results imply a role for the UIMs in turnover of SCF(Ufo1) complexes that is dependent on Ddi1, a novel activity for an UbL-UbA protein...
- Modification of yeast Cdc53p by the ubiquitin-related protein rub1p affects function of the SCFCdc4 complexD Lammer
Biology Department, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 47405 USA
Genes Dev 12:914-26. 1998..deletion allele of ENR2 is lethal with temperature-sensitive alleles of cdc34 and enhances the phenotypes of cdc4, cdc53, and skp1, strongly implying that Rub1p conjugation to Cdc53p is required for optimal assembly or function of the ..
- A longevity protein, Lag2, interacts with SCF complex and regulates SCF functionYuan Liu
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
EMBO J 28:3366-77. 2009..Overexpression of Lag2 increases unrubylated Cdc53, whereas deletion of lag2, together with the deletions of dcn1 and jab1, results in the accumulation of Rub1-..
- A complex of Cdc4p, Skp1p, and Cdc53p/cullin catalyzes ubiquitination of the phosphorylated CDK inhibitor Sic1pR M Feldman
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
Cell 91:221-30. 1997..Taken together, these data illuminate the molecular basis for the G1/S transition in budding yeast and suggest a general mechanism for phosphorylation-targeted ubiquitination in eukaryotes...
- F-box proteins are receptors that recruit phosphorylated substrates to the SCF ubiquitin-ligase complexD Skowyra
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cell 91:209-19. 1997We have reconstituted the ubiquitination pathway for the Cdk inhibitor Sic1 using recombinant proteins. Skp1, Cdc53, and the F-box protein Cdc4 form a complex, SCFCdc4, which functions as a Sic1 ubiquitin-ligase (E3) in combination with ..
- Suprafacial orientation of the SCFCdc4 dimer accommodates multiple geometries for substrate ubiquitinationXiaojing Tang
Centre for Systems Biology, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
Cell 129:1165-76. 2007..This spatial variability may accommodate diverse acceptor lysine geometries in both substrates and the elongating ubiquitin chain and thereby increase catalytic efficiency...
- Cdc53 is a scaffold protein for multiple Cdc34/Skp1/F-box proteincomplexes that regulate cell division and methionine biosynthesis in yeastE E Patton
Programme in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada M5G 1X5
Genes Dev 12:692-705. 1998..by the E2 ubiquitin conjugating enzyme Cdc34 in conjunction with an E3 ubiquitin ligase complex composed of Skp1, Cdc53 and the F-box protein, Cdc4 (the SCFCdc4 complex)...
- Skp1 Independent Function of Cdc53/Cul1 in F-box Protein HomeostasisRadhika Mathur
Department of Biological Chemistry, College of Medicine, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 11:e1005727. 2015..Unexpectedly, this pathway required the cullin component Cdc53/Cul1 but was independent of the other central SCF component Skp1...
- The conserved protein DCN-1/Dcn1p is required for cullin neddylation in C. elegans and S. cerevisiaeThimo Kurz
Institute of Biochemistry, ETH Honggerberg, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Nature 435:1257-61. 2005..Both in vivo and in vitro experiments indicate that Dcn1p does not inhibit deneddylation of Cdc53p by the COP9 signalosome, but greatly increases the kinetics of the neddylation reaction...
- Cdc34 self-association is facilitated by ubiquitin thiolester formation and is required for its catalytic activityXaralabos Varelas
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 23:5388-400. 2003..The ability of Cdc34 to interact with itself is not dependent on its association with the ubiquitin ligase Skp1-Cdc53/Cul1-Hrt1-F-box complex. Rather, this interaction depends upon the integrity of the Cdc34-Ub thiolester...
- The human Dcn1-like protein DCNL3 promotes Cul3 neddylation at membranesNathalie Meyer-Schaller
Institute of Biochemistry, Eidgenössiche Technische Hochschule, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:12365-70. 2009..Moreover, the diversification of the N termini in mammalian Dcn1 homologues may contribute to substrate specificity by regulating their subcellular localization...
- Multiple inputs control sulfur-containing amino acid synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeMeru J Sadhu
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720
Mol Biol Cell 25:1653-65. 2014..This modification could be involved in the nutritional control of SCF(Met30) activity toward Met4. ..
- Ubiquitination and degradation of the substrate recognition subunits of SCF ubiquitin-protein ligasesP Zhou
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 2:571-80. 1998..The finding that the F box-containing SCF components are unstable suggests a mechanism of regulating SCF function through ubiquitination and proteolysis of F box components...
- A novel protein modification pathway related to the ubiquitin systemD Liakopoulos
ZMBH, Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie der Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 282, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 17:2208-14. 1998..Remarkably, CDC53/cullin, a common subunit of the multifunctional SCF ubiquitin ligase, was found to be a major substrate for RUB1 ..
- The N-terminus of Vps74p is essential for the retention of glycosyltransferases in the Golgi but not for the modulation of apical polarized growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJia Wei Hsu
Institute of Molecular Medicine, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 8:e74715. 2013..Thus, we propose that Vps74p may use different domains to interact with specific effectors thereby differentially modulating a variety of cellular functions. ..
- NEDD8 links cullin-RING ubiquitin ligase function to the p97 pathwayWillem den Besten
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:511-6, S1. 2012..These results uncover an unexpected and conserved role for NEDD8 in linking CRL ubiquitin ligase function to the p97 pathway...
- Transfer of Ho endonuclease and Ufo1 to the proteasome by the UbL-UbA shuttle protein, Ddi1, analysed by complex formation in vitroOlga Voloshin
Department of Life Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheba, Israel
PLoS ONE 7:e39210. 2012..Our interpretation is that in the absence of substrate, the Ddi1-UbL binds Rpn1 while the Ddi1-UbA binds ubiquitin chains on Ufo1. This would promote degradation of Ufo1 and disassembly of SCF(Ufo1) complexes...
- The minimal deneddylase core of the COP9 signalosome excludes the Csn6 MPN- domainElah Pick
Department of Biology, University of Haifa at Oranim, Tivon, Israel
PLoS ONE 7:e43980. 2012..We propose that the budding yeast Csi1 is a functional equivalent of the canonical Csn6, and thus the composition of the CSN across phyla is more conserved than hitherto appreciated...
- Signal-induced disassembly of the SCF ubiquitin ligase complex by Cdc48/p97James L Yen
Department of Biological Chemistry, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 1700, USA
Mol Cell 48:288-97. 2012A large group of E3 ubiquitin ligases is formed by the multisubunit SCF complex, whose core complex (Rbx1/Cul1-Cdc53/Skp1) binds one of many substrate recruiting F-box proteins to form an array of SCF ligases with diverse substrate ..
- Conjugation of the ubiquitin-like protein NEDD8 to cullin-2 is linked to von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor functionD Liakopoulos
Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie der Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 282, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:5510-5. 1999..pVHL assembles with cullin-2 (hCUL-2) and elongin B/C forming a protein complex, CBCVHL, that resembles SKP1-CDC53-F-box protein ubiquitin ligases...
- Aggregation of human S100A8 and S100A9 amyloidogenic proteins perturbs proteostasis in a yeast modelEkaterina Eremenko
Department of Life Sciences, Ben Gurion University of Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
PLoS ONE 8:e58218. 2013..proteins were toxic when expressed on a background of unrelated metastable temperature-sensitive mutant proteins, Cdc53-1p, Cdc34-2p, Srp1-31p and Sec27-1p...
- PP2A(Cdc55) regulates G1 cyclin stabilityPaula McCourt
Venenum Biodesign, Genesis Biotechnology Group, Hamilton, NJ, USA
Cell Cycle 12:1201-10. 2013..In sum, our results indicate that PP2A is absolutely required to maintain G1-S cyclin levels through modulating their phosphorylation status, an event necessary to properly transit through the cell cycle...
- CSN- and CAND1-dependent remodelling of the budding yeast SCF complexAleksandra Zemla
Scottish Institute for Cell Signalling, Protein Ubiquitylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK
Nat Commun 4:1641. 2013..The molecular mechanism underlying this behaviour remains largely unclear. Here, we find that yeast SCF (Skp1-Cdc53-F-box) Cullin-RING complexes are remodelled in a CAND1-dependent manner, when cells are switched from growth in ..
- Novel interaction between Apc5p and Rsp5p in an intracellular signaling pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeTerra G Arnason
Department of Medicine, Royal University Hospital, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Eukaryot Cell 4:134-46. 2005..Therefore, the antagonistic interplay between Deltaubc7 and rsp5CA, with respect to cdc34-2 and apc5CA, indicates that the outcome of Rsp5p's interaction with Cdc34p and Apc5p may depend on the E2 interacting with Rsp5p...
- Non-SCF-type F-box protein Roy1/Ymr258c interacts with a Rab5-like GTPase Ypt52 and inhibits Ypt52 functionYuan Liu
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Aichi 464 8602, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 22:1575-84. 2011..These results thus indicate that Roy1 negatively modulates cell viability and intracellular transport by suppressing Ypt52...
- Remodeling of the SCF complex-mediated ubiquitination system by compositional alteration of incorporated F-box proteinsMitsunori Kato
Department of Computational Biology, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, University of Tokyo, Kashiwa, Japan
Proteomics 10:115-23. 2010..Compositional alteration of incorporated F-box proteins may redirect the activity of this system toward appropriate substrates to be ubiquitinated under individual conditions for the maintenance of cellular homeostasis...
- An auxin-based degron system for the rapid depletion of proteins in nonplant cellsKohei Nishimura
Department of Biological Sciences, Osaka University, Japan
Nat Methods 6:917-22. 2009....
- Tubulin chaperone E binds microtubules and proteasomes and protects against misfolded protein stressOlga Voloshin
Department of Life Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, P O Box 653, 84105, Beersheba, Israel
Cell Mol Life Sci 67:2025-38. 2010..The UbL also binds the Skp1-Cdc53-F-box (SCF) ubiquitin ligase complex; these competing interactions for the UbL may impact on MT dynamics...
- Chemical genetics screen for enhancers of rapamycin identifies a specific inhibitor of an SCF family E3 ubiquitin ligaseMariam Aghajan
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine, and the Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Nat Biotechnol 28:738-42. 2010..Our results show that there is no fundamental barrier to obtaining specific inhibitors to modulate function of individual SCF complexes...
- A dual E3 mechanism for Rub1 ligation to Cdc53Daniel C Scott
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mol Cell 39:784-96. 2010..a variant mechanism, whereby the E2 Ubc12 functions with two E3s, Hrt1 and Dcn1, for ligation of the UBL Rub1 to Cdc53's WHB subdomain...
- Sir2 histone deacetylase prevents programmed cell death caused by sustained activation of the Hog1 stress-activated protein kinaseAlexandre Vendrell
Cell Signaling Unit, Departament de Ciencies Experimentals i de la Salut, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona E 08003, Valencia, Spain
EMBO Rep 12:1062-8. 2011..Sir2 is involved in protection against Hog1-induced cell death and can suppress Hog1-induced ROS accumulation. Therefore, cell death seems to be dictated by the balance of ROS induced by Hog1 and the protective effect of Sir2...
- Degradation of the transcription factor Gcn4 requires the kinase Pho85 and the SCF(CDC4) ubiquitin-ligase complexA Meimoun
Department of Microbiology, Technion B Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Haifa 31096, Israel
Mol Biol Cell 11:915-27. 2000..Thus, Cdc34/SCF(CDC4) activity is constitutive, and regulation of the stability of its various substrates occurs at the level of their phosphorylation...
- Cdc53 targets phosphorylated G1 cyclins for degradation by the ubiquitin proteolytic pathwayA R Willems
Programme in Molecular Biology and Cancer Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Cell 86:453-63. 1996..We isolated Cdc53 as a Cln2-associated protein and show that Cdc53 is required for Cln2 instability and ubiquitination in vivo...
- Cdc53p acts in concert with Cdc4p and Cdc34p to control the G1-to-S-phase transition and identifies a conserved family of proteinsN Mathias
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202 5122, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:6634-43. 1996..Here we describe evidence indicating that CDC53 also is involved in this process...
- An essential domain within Cdc34p is required for binding to a complex containing Cdc4p and Cdc53p in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeN Mathias
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine and the Walther Oncology Center, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46202 5122, USA
J Biol Chem 273:4040-5. 1998..fail to degrade Sic1p and fail to enter S-phase, a phenotype that is also shared with cells lacking CDC4 and CDC53 activity. Here we demonstrate that Cdc4p, Cdc34p, and Cdc53p interact in vivo...
- Cdc34 and the F-box protein Met30 are required for degradation of the Cdk-inhibitory kinase Swe1P Kaiser
The Scripps Research Institute TSRI, La Jolla, California 92037 USA
Genes Dev 12:2587-97. 1998..Recent work in Saccharomyces cerevisiae suggests that a complex consisting of Cdc53, Skp1, and a third component known as an F-box protein (termed SCF) in combination with Cdc34 specifically targets ..
- Reconstitution of G1 cyclin ubiquitination with complexes containing SCFGrr1 and Rbx1D Skowyra
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Science 284:662-5. 1999..Phosphorylated Cln1 was ubiquitinated by SCF (Skp1-Cdc53-F-box protein) complexes containing the F-box protein Grr1, Rbx1, and the E2 Cdc34...
- Cdc53/cullin and the essential Hrt1 RING-H2 subunit of SCF define a ubiquitin ligase module that activates the E2 enzyme Cdc34J H Seol
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Genes Dev 13:1614-26. 1999SCFCdc4 (Skp1, Cdc53/cullin, F-box protein) defines a family of modular ubiquitin ligases (E3s) that regulate diverse processes including cell cycle, immune response, and development...
- SGT1 encodes an essential component of the yeast kinetochore assembly pathway and a novel subunit of the SCF ubiquitin ligase complexK Kitagawa
Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Mol Cell 4:21-33. 1999..sgt1-5 (G1 allele) mutants are defective in Sic1p turnover in vivo and Cln1p ubiquitination in vitro. Human SGT1 rescues an sgt1 null mutation, suggesting that the function of SGT1 is conserved in evolution...
- The Rbx1 subunit of SCF and VHL E3 ubiquitin ligase activates Rub1 modification of cullins Cdc53 and Cul2T Kamura
Howard Hughes Medical Institute HHMI, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Genes Dev 13:2928-33. 1999The RING-H2 finger protein Rbx1 is a subunit of the related SCF (Skp1-Cdc53/Cul1-F-box protein) and von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) tumor suppressor (elongin BC-Cul2-VHL) E3 ubiquitin ligase complexes, where it functions as a component of Cdc53/..
- SCF ubiquitin protein ligases and phosphorylation-dependent proteolysisA R Willems
Programme in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 354:1533-50. 1999..division are targeted for degradation by a recently described family of E3 ubiquitin protein ligases termed Skp1-Cdc53-F-box protein (SCF) complexes...
- Ubiquitin-proteasome-dependent degradation of a mitofusin, a critical regulator of mitochondrial fusionMickael M J Cohen
Laboratory of Protein Dynamics and Signaling, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:2457-64. 2008..This study provides a framework for developing an understanding of the function of Mdm30p-mediated Fzo1p degradation in the multistep process of mitochondrial fusion...
- Isolation and characterization of HRT1 using a genetic screen for mutants unable to degrade Gic2p in saccharomyces cerevisiaeM Blondel
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research ISREC, 1066 Epalinges VD, Switzerland
Genetics 155:1033-44. 2000..Taken together, these results suggest that Hrt1p is a core subunit of multiple SCF complexes...
- F-box protein Grr1 interacts with phosphorylated targets via the cationic surface of its leucine-rich repeatY G Hsiung
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:2506-20. 2001..We concluded that the cationic nature of the concave surface of the Grr1 LRR is critical for the recognition of phosphorylated targets of SCF(Grr1) but that other properties of Grr1 are required for its other functions...
- A role for Saccharomyces cerevisiae Cul8 ubiquitin ligase in proper anaphase progressionJennifer J Michel
Curriculum in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7295, USA
J Biol Chem 278:22828-37. 2003..We show that Cul3 and Cul8 are functionally distinct from Cdc53 and do not interact with ySkp1, suggesting that they target substrates by Skp1- and possibly F-box protein-..
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae ubiquitin-like protein Rub1 conjugates to cullin proteins Rtt101 and Cul3 in vivoJose M Laplaza
Section of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California, Davis, 1 Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Biochem J 377:459-67. 2004..protein Cdc53p (cell division cycle 53 protein), a subunit of a class of ubiquitin E3 ligases named SCF (Skp1-Cdc53-F-box protein) complex...
- Functional interaction of 13 yeast SCF complexes with a set of yeast E2 enzymes in vitroBart M Kus
Banting and Best Department of Medical Research, University of Toronto, Ontario
Proteins 54:455-67. 2004..Ubc4 thus interacts with multiple SCFs in vitro, and the interactions among SCF and E2 components of the ubiquitination machinery may allow further diversification of the roles of SCFs in vivo...
- Inducible dissociation of SCF(Met30) ubiquitin ligase mediates a rapid transcriptional response to cadmiumRegine Barbey
Centre de Genetique Moleculaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Gif sur Yvettte, France
EMBO J 24:521-32. 2005..Post-translational control of SCF(Met30) assembly by a physiological stress to allow rapid induction of a protective gene expression program represents a novel mode of regulation in the ubiquitin system...
- The F-box protein Dia2 regulates DNA replicationDeanna M Koepp
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development, University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:1540-8. 2006..Interestingly, prolonging G1-phase in dia2 cells prevents the accumulation of DNA damage in S-phase. We propose that Dia2 is an origin-binding protein that plays a role in regulating DNA replication...
- The novel F-box protein Mfb1p regulates mitochondrial connectivity and exhibits asymmetric localization in yeastNoriko Kondo-Okamoto
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:3756-67. 2006..MFB1 encodes an F-box protein family member, many of which function in Skp1-Cdc53/Cullin-F-box protein (SCF) ubiquitin ligase complexes...
- The Cdc34/SCF ubiquitination complex mediates Saccharomyces cerevisiae cell wall integrityXaralabos Varelas
Department of Biochemistry, Institute for Biomolecular Design, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada
Genetics 174:1825-39. 2006..novel functions for the Cdc34/SCF ubiquitination complex, we analyzed genomewide transcriptional profiles of cdc53-1 and cdc34-2 Saccharomyces cerevisiae mutants...
- Dcn1 functions as a scaffold-type E3 ligase for cullin neddylationThimo Kurz
Institute of Biochemistry, ETH Zurich, Schafmattstrasse 18, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Cell 29:23-35. 2008..The reciprocal binding site for Dcn1 on Cdc53 is located approximately 18 A from the site of neddylation...
- The Cdc42p effector Gic2p is targeted for ubiquitin-dependent degradation by the SCFGrr1 complexM Jaquenoud
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research ISREC, Ch des Boveresses 155, 1066 Epalinges VD, Switzerland
EMBO J 17:5360-73. 1998..Finally, our data indicate that degradation of Gic2p may be part of a mechanism which restricts cytoskeletal polarization in the G1 phase of the cell cycle...