Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CDC4
Description: SCF ubiquitin ligase complex subunit CDC4
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- A complex of Cdc4p, Skp1p, and Cdc53p/cullin catalyzes ubiquitination of the phosphorylated CDK inhibitor Sic1pR M Feldman
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
Cell 91:221-30. 1997..Taken together, these data illuminate the molecular basis for the G1/S transition in budding yeast and suggest a general mechanism for phosphorylation-targeted ubiquitination in eukaryotes...
- Cdc53/cullin and the essential Hrt1 RING-H2 subunit of SCF define a ubiquitin ligase module that activates the E2 enzyme Cdc34J H Seol
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Genes Dev 13:1614-26. 1999..Hrt1 assembles into recombinant SCF complexes and individually binds Cdc4, Cdc53 and Cdc34, but not Skp1...
- Reconstitution of G1 cyclin ubiquitination with complexes containing SCFGrr1 and Rbx1D Skowyra
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Science 284:662-5. 1999..Rbx1, which is also a component of the von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor complex, may define a previously unrecognized class of E3-associated proteins...
- The SCFCdc4 ubiquitin ligase regulates calcineurin signaling through degradation of phosphorylated Rcn1, an inhibitor of calcineurinTsutomu Kishi
Kishi Initiative Research Unit, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:17418-23. 2007..Here we show that phosphorylation of yeast RCN, Rcn1, triggers degradation through the SCF(Cdc4) ubiquitin ligase complex...
- SCFCdc4 enables mating type switching in yeast by cyclin-dependent kinase-mediated elimination of the Ash1 transcriptional repressorQingquan Liu
School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 31:584-98. 2011..Here, we report that the ubiquitin ligase SCF(Cdc4) mediates the phosphorylation-dependent elimination of Ash1...
- Genome-wide surveys for phosphorylation-dependent substrates of SCF ubiquitin ligasesXiaojing Tang
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, USA
Methods Enzymol 399:433-58. 2005..The archetype for such interactions is the binding of the yeast F-box protein Cdc4 to its various substrates by means of multiple motifs that weakly match an optimal consensus called the Cdc4 ..
- Cdc4, a protein required for the onset of S phase, serves an essential function during G(2)/M transition in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeP Y Goh
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore 117609, Singapore
Mol Cell Biol 19:5512-22. 1999Saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins Cdc4 and Cdc20 contain WD40 repeats and participate in proteolytic processes...
- Composite low affinity interactions dictate recognition of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor Sic1 by the SCFCdc4 ubiquitin ligaseXiaojing Tang
Center for Systems Biology, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1X5
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:3287-92. 2012The ubiquitin ligase SCF(Cdc4) (Skp1/Cul1/F-box protein) recognizes its substrate, the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor Sic1, in a multisite phosphorylation-dependent manner...
- Suprafacial orientation of the SCFCdc4 dimer accommodates multiple geometries for substrate ubiquitinationXiaojing Tang
Centre for Systems Biology, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
Cell 129:1165-76. 2007..WD40 repeat F box proteins, such as Cdc4 and beta-TrCP, contain a conserved dimerization motif called the D domain...
- Multisite phosphorylation of a CDK inhibitor sets a threshold for the onset of DNA replicationP Nash
Programme in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto M5G 1X5, Canada
Nature 414:514-21. 2001..The F-box protein Cdc4 captures phosphorylated forms of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor Sic1 for ubiquitination in late G1 phase, an ..
- SCFCdc4-mediated degradation of the Hac1p transcription factor regulates the unfolded protein response in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeBhupinder Pal
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Mol Biol Cell 18:426-40. 2007..that degradation of Hac1p by the proteasome involves the E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ubc3/Cdc34p and the SCF(Cdc4) E3 complex...
- F-box proteins are receptors that recruit phosphorylated substrates to the SCF ubiquitin-ligase complexD Skowyra
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cell 91:209-19. 1997..Skp1, Cdc53, and the F-box protein Cdc4 form a complex, SCFCdc4, which functions as a Sic1 ubiquitin-ligase (E3) in combination with the ubiquitin ..
- The Cdc4/34/53 pathway targets Cdc6p for proteolysis in budding yeastL S Drury
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms EN6 3LD, UK
EMBO J 16:5966-76. 1997..Likewise, mutations in the Cdc4/34/53 pathway involved in ubiquitin-mediated degradation block proteolysis and genetic evidence is presented ..
- SIC1 is ubiquitinated in vitro by a pathway that requires CDC4, CDC34, and cyclin/CDK activitiesR Verma
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
Mol Biol Cell 8:1427-37. 1997..Genetic data suggest that SIC1 proteolysis is mediated by the ubiquitin pathway and requires the action of CDC34, CDC4, CDC53, SKP1, and CLN/CDC28...
- Cdc53p acts in concert with Cdc4p and Cdc34p to control the G1-to-S-phase transition and identifies a conserved family of proteinsN Mathias
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202 5122, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:6634-43. 1996..During G1, CDC4, encoding a WD-40 repeat protein, and CDC34, encoding a ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme, are involved in the ..
- The transcription factor Swi5 regulates expression of the cyclin kinase inhibitor p40SIC1D Knapp
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Vienna, Austria
Mol Cell Biol 16:5701-7. 1996..inhibitor p40SIC1 in late G1, which is mediated by the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Cdc34 and two other proteins, Cdc4 and Cdc53...
- SKP1 connects cell cycle regulators to the ubiquitin proteolysis machinery through a novel motif, the F-boxC Bai
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cell 86:263-74. 1996We have identified the yeast and human homologs of the SKP1 gene as a suppressor of cdc4 mutants and as a cyclin F-binding protein...
- The B-type cyclin kinase inhibitor p40SIC1 controls the G1 to S transition in S. cerevisiaeE Schwob
I M P Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Vienna, Austria
Cell 79:233-44. 1994..In wild-type cells, p40SIC1 protein appears at the end of mitosis and disappears shortly before S phase. Proteolysis of a cyclin-specific inhibitor of Cdc28 is therefore an essential aspect of the G1 to S phase transition...
- Multisite phosphorylation of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae filamentous growth regulator Tec1 is required for its recognition by the E3 ubiquitin ligase adaptor Cdc4 and its subsequent destruction in vivoMarie Z Bao
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, 600 16th St, MC2200, San Francisco, CA 94158 2200, USA
Eukaryot Cell 9:31-6. 2010..T273 is embedded in the sequence LLpTP, which is identical to the canonical binding site for Cdc4, a conserved F-box substrate adaptor for the SCF complex...
- Structure of a Fbw7-Skp1-cyclin E complex: multisite-phosphorylated substrate recognition by SCF ubiquitin ligasesBing Hao
Structural Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell 26:131-43. 2007..Biochemical data indicate that the closely related yeast SCF(Cdc4) complex recognizes the multisite phosphorylated Sic1 substrate similarly and identify three doubly phosphorylated ..
- Nuclear-specific degradation of Far1 is controlled by the localization of the F-box protein Cdc4M Blondel
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research ISREC, Chemin des Boveresses 155, 1066 Epalinges VD, Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne UNIL, Chemin des Boveresses 155, 1066 Epalinges VD, Switzerland
EMBO J 19:6085-97. 2000..Here we show that SCF(Cdc4) ubiquitylates Far1 in the nucleus, which in turn targets the multi-ubiquitylated protein to 26S proteasomes most ..
- SCF E3-mediated autoubiquitination negatively regulates activity of Cdc34 E2 but plays a nonessential role in the catalytic cycle in vitro and in vivoK Matthew Scaglione
Edward A Doisy Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:5860-70. 2007..as the lysineless (K0)Cdc34(DeltaC) is indistinguishable from Cdc34(DeltaC) in ubiquitination of the prototype SCF(Cdc4) substrate Sic1 in vitro, and replacement of the CDC34 gene with either the (K0)cdc34(DeltaC) or the cdc34(DeltaC) ..
- Unique role for the UbL-UbA protein Ddi1 in turnover of SCFUfo1 complexesYelena Ivantsiv
Department of Life Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beersheba 84105, Israel
Mol Cell Biol 26:1579-88. 2006..These results imply a role for the UIMs in turnover of SCF(Ufo1) complexes that is dependent on Ddi1, a novel activity for an UbL-UbA protein...
- Regulation of the histone deacetylase Hst3 by cyclin-dependent kinases and the ubiquitin ligase SCFCdc4Neda Delgoshaie
From the Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer, Universite de Montreal, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7
J Biol Chem 289:13186-96. 2014..Here, we demonstrate that Hst3 instability in vivo is dependent upon the ubiquitin ligase SCF(Cdc4) and that Hst3 is phosphorylated at two Cdk1 sites, threonine 380 and threonine 384...
- Evaluation of a diffusion-driven mechanism for substrate ubiquitination by the SCF-Cdc34 ubiquitin ligase complexMatthew D Petroski
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Division of Biology, 156 29, California Institute of Technology, 1200 East California Boulevard, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Mol Cell 24:523-34. 2006..We propose that interactions between Cdc34 approximately Ub and SCF directly activate ubiquitin transfer within a substrate-SCF-Cdc34 approximately Ub ternary complex...
- Polyelectrostatic interactions of disordered ligands suggest a physical basis for ultrasensitivityMikael Borg
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 1A8
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:9650-5. 2007..of DNA replication in yeast requires elimination of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor Sic1 via the SCF(Cdc4) ubiquitin ligase...
- E2 enzyme inhibition by stabilization of a low-affinity interface with ubiquitinHao Huang
1 Centre for Systems Biology, Lunenfeld Tanenbaum Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada 2
Nat Chem Biol 10:156-63. 2014..Stabilization of the numerous other weak interactions between ubiquitin and UPS enzymes by small molecules may be a feasible strategy to selectively inhibit different UPS activities. ..
- Dynamic ubiquitination of the mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase (MAPKK) Ste7 determines mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) specificityJillian H Hurst
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7260, USA
J Biol Chem 288:18660-71. 2013..Here, we show that the Skp1/Cullin/F-box ubiquitin ligase SCF(Cdc4) and the ubiquitin protease Ubp3 regulate Ste7 ubiquitination and signal specificity...
- Sequential primed kinases create a damage-responsive phosphodegron on Eco1Nicholas A Lyons
Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 20:194-201. 2013..Eco1 activity falls after S phase due to Cdk1-dependent phosphorylation, which triggers ubiquitination by SCF(Cdc4)...
- A dual E3 mechanism for Rub1 ligation to Cdc53Daniel C Scott
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mol Cell 39:784-96. 2010..Our data reveal mechanisms by which two E3s function synergistically to promote UBL transfer from one E2 to a target...
- Molecular basis for lysine specificity in the yeast ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Cdc34Martin Sadowski
Cell Cycle and Cancer Unit, St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research, 9 Princes St, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Victoria 3065, Australia
Mol Cell Biol 30:2316-29. 2010....
- Signal-induced disassembly of the SCF ubiquitin ligase complex by Cdc48/p97James L Yen
Department of Biological Chemistry, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 1700, USA
Mol Cell 48:288-97. 2012..Our results not only provide an additional layer of ubiquitin ligase regulation but also suggest that targeted, signal-dependent dissociation of multisubunit enzyme complexes is an important mechanism in control of enzyme function...
- F-box protein specificity for g1 cyclins is dictated by subcellular localizationBenjamin D Landry
Program in Gene Function and Expression, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
PLoS Genet 8:e1002851. 2012..Here we show that two SCF ubiquitin ligases, SCF(Cdc4) and SCF(Grr1), redundantly target Cln3 for degradation...
- Role of predicted metalloprotease motif of Jab1/Csn5 in cleavage of Nedd8 from Cul1Gregory A Cope
Department of Biology, California Institute of Technology Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Science 298:608-11. 2002..We propose that JAMM isopeptidases play important roles in a variety of physiological pathways...
- Human CUL1 forms an evolutionarily conserved ubiquitin ligase complex (SCF) with SKP1 and an F-box proteinS A Lyapina
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:7451-6. 1998..SCF is composed of three proteins-ySKP1, CDC53 (Cullin), and the F-box protein CDC4-that are conserved from yeast to humans...
- High-level expression and purification of recombinant SCF ubiquitin ligasesTi Li
Department of Pharmacology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Methods Enzymol 398:125-42. 2005..We propose that similar approaches can be used to obtain large quantities of other SCF and SCF-like complexes for biochemical and structural investigations...
- Mutations in the hydrophobic core of ubiquitin differentially affect its recognition by receptor proteinsAydin Haririnia
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Center for Biomolecular Structure and Organization, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
J Mol Biol 375:979-96. 2008..These studies emphasize an unexpected role for Ub's core in molecular recognition and suggest that the diversity of protein-protein interactions in which Ub engages placed enormous constraints on its evolvability...
- A refined two-hybrid system reveals that SCF(Cdc4)-dependent degradation of Swi5 contributes to the regulatory mechanism of S-phase entryTsutomu Kishi
Kishi Initiative Research Unit, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:14497-502. 2008Ubiquitin-dependent degradation is implicated in various cellular regulatory mechanisms. The SCF(Cdc4) (Skp1, Cullin/Cdc53, and the F-box protein Cdc4) complex is an ubiquitin ligase complex that acts as a regulator of cell cycle, signal ..
- Inducible dissociation of SCF(Met30) ubiquitin ligase mediates a rapid transcriptional response to cadmiumRegine Barbey
Centre de Genetique Moleculaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Gif sur Yvettte, France
EMBO J 24:521-32. 2005..Post-translational control of SCF(Met30) assembly by a physiological stress to allow rapid induction of a protective gene expression program represents a novel mode of regulation in the ubiquitin system...
- Sir2 histone deacetylase prevents programmed cell death caused by sustained activation of the Hog1 stress-activated protein kinaseAlexandre Vendrell
Cell Signaling Unit, Departament de Ciencies Experimentals i de la Salut, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona E 08003, Valencia, Spain
EMBO Rep 12:1062-8. 2011..Mutations of the SCF(CDC4) ubiquitin ligase complex suppress cell death by preventing the degradation of Msn2 and Msn4 transcription factors...
- Interactome and interface protocol (2IP): a novel strategy for high sensitivity topology mapping of protein complexesRasanjala Weerasekera
Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Proteomics 7:3835-52. 2007..This protocol requires low picomole sample quantities, can be applied to multisubunit protein complexes, and does not rely on specialized data mining software...
- B-cyclin/CDKs regulate mitotic spindle assembly by phosphorylating kinesins-5 in budding yeastMark K Chee
Department of Biology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS Genet 6:e1000935. 2010..previously been shown in a variety of model systems that B-type cyclin/CDK complexes, kinesin-5 motors, and the SCF(Cdc4) ubiquitin ligase are required for the separation of spindle poles and assembly of a bipolar spindle...
- Dynamic equilibrium engagement of a polyvalent ligand with a single-site receptorTanja Mittag
Program in Molecular Structure and Function, Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1X8
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:17772-7. 2008..The disordered cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) inhibitor Sic1 interacts with a single site on its receptor Cdc4 only upon phosphorylation of its multiple dispersed CDK sites...
- Domain architecture of the regulators of calcineurin (RCANs) and identification of a divergent RCAN in yeastSohum Mehta
Department of Biology, Johns Hopkins University, 3400 N Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:2777-93. 2009..other highly conserved motifs plus the GSK-3 phosphorylation site in RCANs, along with the E3 ubiquitin ligase SCF(Cdc4), were required for stimulation of calcineurin signaling in yeast...
- Factors affecting the diversity of DNA replication licensing control in eukaryotesLucy S Drury
Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Herts EN6 3LD, UK
Curr Biol 19:530-5. 2009..These experiments provide a framework for understanding the diversity of licensing regulation in eukaryotes and provide new tools for manipulating the chromosome-replication cycle...
- A longevity protein, Lag2, interacts with SCF complex and regulates SCF functionYuan Liu
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
EMBO J 28:3366-77. 2009..These observations thus indicate that Lag2 has a significant function in regulating the SCF complex by controlling its ubiquitin ligase activities and its rubylation cycle...
- Synthetic lethal genetic interactions that decrease somatic cell proliferation in Caenorhabditis elegans identify the alternative RFC CTF18 as a candidate cancer drug targetJessica McLellan
Department of Medical Genetics, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 20:5306-13. 2009..elegans. Furthermore, the C. elegans assay system will contribute to our knowledge of genetic interactions in a multicellular animal and is a powerful approach to identify new cancer therapeutic targets...
- Chemical genetics screen for enhancers of rapamycin identifies a specific inhibitor of an SCF family E3 ubiquitin ligaseMariam Aghajan
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine, and the Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Nat Biotechnol 28:738-42. 2010..We show here that SMER3 inhibits SCF(Met30) in vivo and in vitro, but not the closely related SCF(Cdc4)...
- Remodeling of the SCF complex-mediated ubiquitination system by compositional alteration of incorporated F-box proteinsMitsunori Kato
Department of Computational Biology, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, University of Tokyo, Kashiwa, Japan
Proteomics 10:115-23. 2010..Compositional alteration of incorporated F-box proteins may redirect the activity of this system toward appropriate substrates to be ubiquitinated under individual conditions for the maintenance of cellular homeostasis...
- An allosteric inhibitor of substrate recognition by the SCF(Cdc4) ubiquitin ligaseStephen Orlicky
Center for Systems Biology, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Nat Biotechnol 28:733-7. 2010..dicarboxylic acid compound, called SCF-I2, as an inhibitor of substrate recognition by the yeast F-box protein Cdc4 using a fluorescence polarization screen to monitor the displacement of a fluorescein-labeled phosphodegron peptide...
- Systematic analysis of essential genes reveals important regulators of G protein signalingSteven D Cappell
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Mol Cell 38:746-57. 2010..Further genetic and biochemical analysis reveals that SCF(Cdc4) acts together with the Cdc34 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme at the level of the G protein; promotes degradation of ..
- Structure/function implications in a dynamic complex of the intrinsically disordered Sic1 with the Cdc4 subunit of an SCF ubiquitin ligaseTanja Mittag
Program in Molecular Structure and Function, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5G 1X8, Canada
Structure 18:494-506. 2010..One such dynamic complex involves the intrinsically disordered Sic1 with its partner Cdc4 in regulation of yeast cell cycle progression...
- Glucose and ras activity influence the ubiquitin ligases APC/C and SCF in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeS Irniger
Institute of Microbiology and Genetics, Georg August University, D 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Genetics 154:1509-21. 2000..We conclude that glucose and Ras proteins influence the APC/C and the SCF complex in an opposite manner. These ubiquitin ligases might represent novel targets for modulating cell division in response to growth conditions...
- SCM4, a gene that suppresses mutant cdc4 function in budding yeastS A Smith
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Manchester, UK
Mol Gen Genet 235:285-91. 1992The gene SCM4 encodes a protein which suppresses a temperature-sensitive allele of the cell division cycle gene CDC4 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. SCM4 was cloned on a 1...
- The CDC4 gene product is associated with the yeast nuclear skeletonW J Choi
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 172:1324-30. 1990The CDC4 gene product of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is required at the late G1/S phase boundary of the cell cycle. In an attempt to better understand the function of CDC4, we performed experiments to localize this protein in the yeast cell...
- Characterization of G1 checkpoint control in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae following exposure to DNA-damaging agentsW Siede
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235
Genetics 138:271-81. 1994..one at START (a G1 checkpoint characterized by pheromone sensitivity of arrested cells) and one between the CDC4- and CDC7-mediated steps (termed the G1/S checkpoint)...
- G2/M checkpoint genes of Saccharomyces cerevisiae: further evidence for roles in DNA replication and/or repairD Lydall
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Mol Gen Genet 256:638-51. 1997..Rfc1p (cdc44), DNA pol alpha (cdc17) and DNA pol delta (cdc2) but has much weaker effects on cdc6, cdc9, cdc15 and CDC4 strains...
- An essential domain within Cdc34p is required for binding to a complex containing Cdc4p and Cdc53p in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeN Mathias
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine and the Walther Oncology Center, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46202 5122, USA
J Biol Chem 273:4040-5. 1998..CDC34 activity fail to degrade Sic1p and fail to enter S-phase, a phenotype that is also shared with cells lacking CDC4 and CDC53 activity. Here we demonstrate that Cdc4p, Cdc34p, and Cdc53p interact in vivo...
- Cdc53 is a scaffold protein for multiple Cdc34/Skp1/F-box proteincomplexes that regulate cell division and methionine biosynthesis in yeastE E Patton
Programme in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada M5G 1X5
Genes Dev 12:692-705. 1998..enzyme Cdc34 in conjunction with an E3 ubiquitin ligase complex composed of Skp1, Cdc53 and the F-box protein, Cdc4 (the SCFCdc4 complex)...
- Modification of yeast Cdc53p by the ubiquitin-related protein rub1p affects function of the SCFCdc4 complexD Lammer
Biology Department, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 47405 USA
Genes Dev 12:914-26. 1998..A deletion allele of ENR2 is lethal with temperature-sensitive alleles of cdc34 and enhances the phenotypes of cdc4, cdc53, and skp1, strongly implying that Rub1p conjugation to Cdc53p is required for optimal assembly or function ..
- Association of RPA with chromosomal replication origins requires an Mcm protein, and is regulated by Rad53, and cyclin- and Dbf4-dependent kinasesT Tanaka
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
EMBO J 17:5182-91. 1998..Thus, in the presence of active S-CDKs and Dbf4/Cdc7, Mcms may open origins and thereby facilitate the loading of RPA...
- The Cdc6 protein is ubiquitinated in vivo for proteolysis in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeM Sanchez
Instituto de Microbiología Bioquímica Centro de Investigación del Cáncer, Departamento de Microbiologia y Genetica, Edificio Departamental, Campus Miguel de Unamuno, CSIC Universidad de Salamanca, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
J Biol Chem 274:9092-7. 1999..We report here that the Cdc6p protein is degraded in a Cdc4-dependent manner, suggesting that phosphorylated Cdc6 is specifically recognized by the ubiquitin-mediated ..
- Rbx1, a component of the VHL tumor suppressor complex and SCF ubiquitin ligaseT Kamura
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Program in Molecular and Cell Biology, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Science 284:657-61. 1999..These findings provide a further link between VHL and the cellular ubiquitination machinery...
- SGT1 encodes an essential component of the yeast kinetochore assembly pathway and a novel subunit of the SCF ubiquitin ligase complexK Kitagawa
Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Mol Cell 4:21-33. 1999..sgt1-5 (G1 allele) mutants are defective in Sic1p turnover in vivo and Cln1p ubiquitination in vitro. Human SGT1 rescues an sgt1 null mutation, suggesting that the function of SGT1 is conserved in evolution...
- Phosphorylation controls timing of Cdc6p destruction: A biochemical analysisS Elsasser
Braun Laboratories, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Mol Biol Cell 10:3263-77. 1999..However, stabilization through mutation of three N-terminal phosphorylation sites or of the single C-terminal phosphorylation site leads to dominant lethality when combined with certain mutations in the anaphase-promoting complex...
- SCF ubiquitin protein ligases and phosphorylation-dependent proteolysisA R Willems
Programme in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 354:1533-50. 1999..Here, we review the substrates and pathways regulated by the yeast F-box proteins Cdc4, Grr1 and Met30...
- Degradation of the transcription factor Gcn4 requires the kinase Pho85 and the SCF(CDC4) ubiquitin-ligase complexA Meimoun
Department of Microbiology, Technion B Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Haifa 31096, Israel
Mol Biol Cell 11:915-27. 2000..Here we report that SCF(CDC4), a recently characterized protein complex that acts in conjunction with the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Cdc34 to ..
- Phosphorylation of the Sic1 inhibitor of B-type cyclins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is not essential but contributes to cell cycle robustnessFrederick R Cross
The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Genetics 176:1541-55. 2007....
- Isolation and characterization of HRT1 using a genetic screen for mutants unable to degrade Gic2p in saccharomyces cerevisiaeM Blondel
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research ISREC, 1066 Epalinges VD, Switzerland
Genetics 155:1033-44. 2000..Taken together, these results suggest that Hrt1p is a core subunit of multiple SCF complexes...
- Identification of Cdc6 protein domains involved in interaction with Mcm2 protein and Cdc4 protein in budding yeast cellsS W Jang
Graduate School of Biotechnology, Department of Genetic Engineering, Kyung Hee University, Yongin, Kyonggi Do, 449 701, Korea
Biochem J 354:655-61. 2001....
- Separate SCF(CDC4) recognition elements target Cdc6 for proteolysis in S phase and mitosisG Perkins
ICRF Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms EN6 3LD, UK
EMBO J 20:4836-45. 2001..DNA replication initiation factor is targeted for ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis by the E3 ubiquitin ligase SCF(CDC4) from the end of G1phase until mitosis in the budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Cdc4 is involved in the transcriptional control of OCH1, a gene encoding alpha-1,6-mannosyltransferase in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeZhifeng Cui
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba Central 6, 1 1 Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Yeast 19:69-77. 2002..bon1-1 is an allele of CDC4 (cdc4(bon)) and leads to the additional phenotypes of temperature sensitivity and abnormal cell morphology...
- Structural basis for phosphodependent substrate selection and orientation by the SCFCdc4 ubiquitin ligaseStephen Orlicky
Program in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, M5G 1X5, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cell 112:243-56. 2003..the SCFCdc4 ubiquitin ligase at the onset of S phase requires phosphorylation of Sic1 on at least six of its nine Cdc4-phosphodegron (CPD) sites. A 2...
- Overproduction of polypeptides corresponding to the amino terminus of the F-box proteins Cdc4p and Met30p inhibits ubiquitin ligase activities of their SCF complexesCheryl Dixon
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130 3932, USA
Eukaryot Cell 2:123-33. 2003..These results suggest a common means to inhibit specific SCF complexes in vivo...
- Context of multiubiquitin chain attachment influences the rate of Sic1 degradationMatthew D Petroski
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Division of Biology 156 29, California Institute of Technology, 1200 E California Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Mol Cell 11:1435-44. 2003..Moreover, although K0N can be ubiquitinated by SCF(Cdc4)/Cdc34 in vitro in the absence (but not in the presence) of S-CDK, it is degraded slowly...
- Functional interaction of 13 yeast SCF complexes with a set of yeast E2 enzymes in vitroBart M Kus
Banting and Best Department of Medical Research, University of Toronto, Ontario
Proteins 54:455-67. 2004..We have found that the ubiquitination of Sic1 by the reconstituted SCF(Cdc4) complex was specifically catalyzed by two of the five E2 enzymes tested in vitro; Cdc34 and Ubc4...
- Phosphorylation-dependent binding of mitotic cyclins to Cdc6 contributes to DNA replication controlSatoru Mimura
Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, Clare Hall Laboratories, Blanche Lane, South Mimms, Potters Bar, Herts EN6 3LD, UK
Nature 431:1118-23. 2004..We propose that direct binding of cyclins to phosphopeptide motifs may be a widespread phenomenon contributing to the targeting of CDKs to substrates...
- Fus3-regulated Tec1 degradation through SCFCdc4 determines MAPK signaling specificity during mating in yeastSong Chou
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Cell 119:981-90. 2004..T273 in a predicted high-affinity Cdc4 binding motif is phosphorylated by Fus3 both in vitro and in vivo...
- Effects of the mitotic cell-cycle mutation cdc4 on yeast meiosisG Simchen
Genetics 86:57-72. 1977The mitotic cell-cycle mutation cdc4 has been reported to block the initiation of nuclear DNA replication and the separation of spindle plaques after their replication...
- ATP hydrolysis-dependent disassembly of the 26S proteasome is part of the catalytic cycleShalon E Babbitt
Edward A Doisy Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Cell 121:553-65. 2005..This is the first demonstration that a controlled dissociation of the 19S regulatory particles from the 26S proteasome is part of the mechanism of protein degradation...
- Distinct mechanisms control the stability of the related S-phase cyclins Clb5 and Clb6Leisa P Jackson
DCMB Group, Department of Biology, Box 91000, LSRC Bldg, Research Dr, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:2456-66. 2006..box motif responsible for the anaphase promoting complex-mediated destruction of Clb5 but contains putative Cdc4 degron motifs in the N terminus...
- The novel F-box protein Mfb1p regulates mitochondrial connectivity and exhibits asymmetric localization in yeastNoriko Kondo-Okamoto
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:3756-67. 2006..We propose that Mfb1p operates in a novel pathway regulating mitochondrial tubular connectivity...
- How do cyclins drive the cell cycle?Frederick R Cross; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall, we are interested in regulation of cell cycle dynamics, and in cyclin-specific pathways promoting individual cell cycle events. ..