Gene Symbol: BTT1
Description: CCR4-NOT core subunit BTT1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- The nascent polypeptide-associated complex (NAC) of yeast functions in the targeting process of ribosomes to the ER membraneB Wiedmann
Department of Biochemistry, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
FEBS Lett 458:51-4. 1999..In the absence of NAC, signal-less RNCs are able to bind to ER membranes. However, following puromycin treatment, only very few nascent chains translocate into the lumen, as detected by glycosylation...
- A dual function for chaperones SSB-RAC and the NAC nascent polypeptide-associated complex on ribosomesAnsgar Koplin
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, Department of Biology, and 2 Konstanz Research School of Chemical Biology, University of Konstanz, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
J Cell Biol 189:57-68. 2010..These findings emphasize the concept that ribosome production is coordinated with the protein-folding capacity of ribosome-associated chaperones...
- Initial characterization of the nascent polypeptide-associated complex in yeastB Reimann
Humboldt University, Charite, Department of Biochem, Berlin, Germany
Yeast 15:397-407. 1999..complex (alpha, beta1, beta3) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae are encoded by three genes (EGD2, EGD1, BTT1)...
- Prion-Associated Toxicity is Rescued by Elimination of Cotranslational ChaperonesKathryn M Keefer
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS Genet 12:e1006431. 2016..This toxicity rescue demonstrates that chaperone modification can block key steps of the prion life cycle and has exciting implications for potential treatment of many human protein conformational disorders...
- Yeast BTF3 protein is encoded by duplicated genes and inhibits the expression of some genes in vivoG Z Hu
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Uppsala Biomedical Center, Sweden
Nucleic Acids Res 22:2740-3. 1994..Mol. Cell. Biol. 12, 5683-5689, 1992]. We have cloned a second yeast gene, BTT1, which also encodes a BTF3 homologue...
- Genome wide expression analysis of the CCR4-NOT complex indicates that it consists of three modules with the NOT module controlling SAGA-responsive genesYajun Cui
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Rudman Hall, University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire, 03824, USA
Mol Genet Genomics 279:323-37. 2008..b>BTT1, a member of the nascent polypeptide association complex that binds the ribosome, was shown to be a tenth member of ..
- Defining the specificity of cotranslationally acting chaperones by systematic analysis of mRNAs associated with ribosome-nascent chain complexesMarta del Alamo
Department of Biology and BioX Program, Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 9:e1001100. 2011..The strategy we used should be generally applicable to mapping the specificity, interplay, and dynamics of the cotranslational protein homeostasis network...
- The yeast nascent polypeptide-associated complex initiates protein targeting to mitochondria in vivoR George
School of Biochemistry, La Trobe University, Bundoora 3083, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:2296-301. 1998..We suggest that NAC provides a ribosomal environment for nascent mitochondrial targeting sequences to achieve secondary structure, thereby enhancing the efficiency of protein targeting...