Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ARX1
Description: putative hydrolase
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- The putative GTPases Nog1p and Lsg1p are required for 60S ribosomal subunit biogenesis and are localized to the nucleus and cytoplasm, respectivelyGeorge Kallstrom
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology and Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:4344-55. 2003..Since Lsg1p is cytoplasmic, its role in nuclear export is likely to be indirect. We suggest that Lsg1p is needed to recycle an export factor(s) that shuttles from the nucleus associated with the nascent 60S subunit...
- Rlp24 activates the AAA-ATPase Drg1 to initiate cytoplasmic pre-60S maturationLisa Kappel
Institut für Molekulare Biowissenschaften, Karl Franzens Universitat Graz, A 8010 Graz, Austria
J Cell Biol 199:771-82. 2012..Our results show that release of Rlp24 by Drg1 defines a key event in large subunit formation that is a prerequisite for progression of cytoplasmic pre-60S maturation...
- Role of Mex67-Mtr2 in the nuclear export of 40S pre-ribosomesMarius B Faza
Institute of Biochemistry IBC, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
PLoS Genet 8:e1002915. 2012..Mex67-Mtr2 could engage a regulatory crosstalk among the three major export pathways for optimal cellular growth and proliferation...
- Integrity of the P-site is probed during maturation of the 60S ribosomal subunitCyril Bussiere
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Cell Biol 197:747-59. 2012..We propose that Efl1 promotes a functional check of the integrity of the 60S subunit before its first round of translation...
- The mRNA export factor Npl3 mediates the nuclear export of large ribosomal subunitsAlexandra Hackmann
Abteilung für Molekulare Genetik, Institut fur Mikrobiologie und Genetik, Göttinger Zentrum für Molekulare Biowissenschaften, Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Grisebachstrasse 8, Göttingen 37077, Germany
EMBO Rep 12:1024-31. 2011..Mutations in NPL3 lead to export defects of the large subunit and genetic interactions with other pre-60S export factors...
- Defining the pathway of cytoplasmic maturation of the 60S ribosomal subunitKai Yin Lo
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Mol Cell 39:196-208. 2010..Finally, the release of Tif6 is a prerequisite for the release of the nuclear export adaptor Nmd3. Establishing this pathway provides an important conceptual framework for understanding ribosome maturation...
- Ecm1 is a new pre-ribosomal factor involved in pre-60S particle exportYanhua Yao
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Génétique des Interactions Macromoléculaires, CNRS URA2171, F 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
RNA 16:1007-17. 2010..Here, we report the identification of a novel pre-60S factor, Ecm1, which partially acts like Arx1 and becomes essential when the NPC function is affected...
- The cytosolic J-protein, Jjj1, and Rei1 function in the removal of the pre-60 S subunit factor Arx1Alison E Meyer
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 285:961-8. 2010..One cytosolic step has two components: 1) the removal of the maturation factor Arx1, which transits from the nucleus to the cytosol with the pre-60 S subunit, and 2) its subsequent transport back ..
- Functional redundancy of yeast proteins Reh1 and Rei1 in cytoplasmic 60S subunit maturationK Mark Parnell
Department of Biochemistry and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Utah School of Medicine, 15 N Medical Drive East, Room 4800, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5650, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:4014-23. 2009..found in all eukaryotes, was previously shown to be necessary for the nuclear reimport of 60S subunit export factor Arx1. In this study we investigate the function of Reh1, a protein with high sequence similarity to Rei1...
- Arx1 is a nuclear export receptor for the 60S ribosomal subunit in yeastNai Jung Hung
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology and the Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:735-44. 2008..Here, we show that the previously characterized 60S subunit biogenesis factor, Arx1, also acts as an export receptor for the 60S subunit...
- Reengineering ribosome exportKai Yin Lo
Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:1545-54. 2009..subunit is one of the bulkiest transport cargoes, and in yeast three different receptors, Crm1, Mex67/Mtr2, and Arx1, collaborate in its export...
- A versatile interaction platform on the Mex67-Mtr2 receptor creates an overlap between mRNA and ribosome exportWei Yao
Biochemie Zentrum der Universitat Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 27:6-16. 2008..Thus, the Mex67-Mtr2 export receptor employs a versatile binding platform on its surface that could create a crosstalk between mRNA and ribosome export pathways...
- Cytoplasmic recycling of 60S preribosomal factors depends on the AAA protein Drg1Brigitte Pertschy
Institut für Molekulare Biowissenschaften Karl Franzens Universität Graz, Universitatsplatz 2, A 8010, Graz, Austria
Mol Cell Biol 27:6581-92. 2007..of Drg1 leads to an increased cytoplasmic localization of shuttling pre-60S maturation factors like Rlp24, Arx1, and Tif6...
- The specialized cytosolic J-protein, Jjj1, functions in 60S ribosomal subunit biogenesisAlison E Meyer
Department of Biochemistry, 433 Babcock Drive, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:1558-63. 2007....
- A functional network involved in the recycling of nucleocytoplasmic pre-60S factorsAlice Lebreton
Genetique des Interactions Macromoleculaires, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique URA2171, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Cell Biol 173:349-60. 2006..The accumulation in the cytoplasm of a small complex formed by the association of Arx1 with a novel factor, Alb1/Yjl122w, inhibits the release of the putative antiassociation factor Tif6 from the ..
- Nuclear recycling of the pre-60S ribosomal subunit-associated factor Arx1 depends on Rei1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeNai Jung Hung
Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology and Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, 1 University Station, A5000, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712 0162, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:3718-27. 2006b>Arx1 and Rei1 are found on late pre-60S ribosomal particles containing the export adaptor Nmd3...
- Identification of a 60S preribosomal particle that is closely linked to nuclear exportJ Bassler
Biochemie Zentrum Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell 8:517-29. 2001..Eight of these proteins were copurified with nuclear pore complexes, suggesting that this complex represents the transport intermediate for 60S subunit export...
- 60S ribosomal subunit assembly dynamics defined by semi-quantitative mass spectrometry of purified complexesAlice Lebreton
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Génétique des Interactions Macromoléculaires, CNRS URA2171, Paris, France
Nucleic Acids Res 36:4988-99. 2008..These results led to the characterisation of the composition of early, intermediate and late pre-ribosomal complexes, specific for crucial maturation steps during 60S assembly in eukaryotes...
- Structural snapshot of cytoplasmic pre-60S ribosomal particles bound by Nmd3, Lsg1, Tif6 and Reh1Chengying Ma
Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Protein Sciences, Beijing Advanced Innovation Center for Structural Biology, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Nat Struct Mol Biol . 2017..These findings pinpoint a structural checkpoint role for Nmd3 in PTC assembly, and provide information about functional and mechanistic roles of these assembly factors in the maturation of the 60S ribosomal subunit...
- Bcp1 Is the Nuclear Chaperone of Rpl23 in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeYa Han Ting
From the Department of Agricultural Chemistry, National Taiwan University, 1 Sec 4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei 10617, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 292:585-596. 2017..Loss of Bcp1 causes instability of Rpl23 and deficiency of 60S subunits. In summary, Bcp1 is a novel 60S biogenesis factor via chaperoning Rpl23 in the nucleus...
- Ribosome-stalk biogenesis is coupled with recruitment of nuclear-export factor to the nascent 60S subunitAnshuk Sarkar
Biochemistry Centre, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Struct Mol Biol 23:1074-1082. 2016..Thus, a spatiotemporal mark on the ribosomal stalk controls the recruitment of an RNA-export receptor to the nascent 60S subunit...
- Insertion of the Biogenesis Factor Rei1 Probes the Ribosomal Tunnel during 60S MaturationBasil Johannes Greber
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biophysics, Department of Biology, ETH Zurich, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Cell 164:91-102. 2016..cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) structure of the yeast 60S subunit in complex with the biogenesis factors Rei1, Arx1, and Alb1 at 3.4 Å resolution...
- The drug diazaborine blocks ribosome biogenesis by inhibiting the AAA-ATPase Drg1Mathias Loibl
From the Institut für Molekulare Biowissenschaften, Karl Franzens Universitat Graz, A 8010 Graz, Austria and
J Biol Chem 289:3913-22. 2014..Our results identify the first target of an inhibitor of ribosome biogenesis and provide the mechanism of inhibition of a key step in large ribosomal subunit formation. ..
- Mak5 and Ebp2 act together on early pre-60S particles and their reduced functionality bypasses the requirement for the essential pre-60S factor Nsa1Dagmar Pratte
Unit of Biochemistry, Department of Biology, University of Fribourg, Fribourg, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 8:e82741. 2013....
- Coupled GTPase and remodelling ATPase activities form a checkpoint for ribosome exportYoshitaka Matsuo
Biochemie Zentrum der Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, Heidelberg D 69120, Germany
Nature 505:112-6. 2014..We conclude that Nug2 is a regulatory GTPase that monitors pre-60S maturation, with release from its placeholder site linked to recruitment of the nuclear export machinery. ..
- Non-FG mediated transport of the large pre-ribosomal subunit through the nuclear pore complex by the mRNA export factor Gle2Laura Occhipinti
Department of Biology D BIOL, Institute of Biochemistry IBC, ETH Zurich, Schafmattstrasse 18, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland and MLS Program, Life Sciences Zurich Graduate School, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Nucleic Acids Res 41:8266-79. 2013..We propose that large complex cargos rely on non-FG as well as FG-interactions for their efficient translocation through the nuclear pore complex channel. ..
- Las1 interacts with Grc3 polynucleotide kinase and is required for ribosome synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeChristopher D Castle
Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 41:1135-50. 2013..We propose that Las1 and Grc3 function together in a conserved mechanism to modulate rRNA processing and eukaryotic ribosome biogenesis...
- Cryo-EM structures of Arx1 and maturation factors Rei1 and Jjj1 bound to the 60S ribosomal subunitBasil J Greber
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biophysics, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:1228-33. 2012..We have biochemically characterized ribosomal complexes of the yeast 60S-biogenesis factor Arx1 and late-maturation factors Rei1 and Jjj1 and determined their cryo-EM structures...
- Yeast ribosomal protein L40 assembles late into precursor 60 S ribosomes and is required for their cytoplasmic maturationAntonio Fernández-Pevida
Departamento de Genetica, Universidad de Sevilla, E 41012 Sevilla, Spain
J Biol Chem 287:38390-407. 2012....
- A ribosome-anchored chaperone network that facilitates eukaryotic ribosome biogenesisVéronique Albanèse
Department of Biology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94305, USA
J Cell Biol 189:69-81. 2010..Our results demonstrate that, in addition to their known cytoplasmic roles in de novo protein folding, some ribosome-anchored CLIPS chaperones play a critical role in nuclear steps of ribosome biogenesis...
- Analysis of ribosome biogenesis factor-modules in yeast cells depleted from pre-ribosomesJuliane Merl
Institut fur Biochemie, Genetik und Mikrobiologie, University of Regensburg, Universitätsstr 31, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 38:3068-80. 2010..The data presented strengthen the idea that assembly of eukaryotic pre-ribosomal particles can result from transient association of distinct building blocks...