Gene Symbol: Xbp1
Description: X-box binding protein 1
Alias: HTF, X-box-binding protein 1, hepatocarcinogenesis-related transcription factor
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress links obesity, insulin action, and type 2 diabetesUmut Ozcan
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 306:457-61. 2004..Pharmacologic manipulation of this pathway may offer novel opportunities for treating these common diseases...
- Sustained production of spliced X-box binding protein 1 (XBP1) induces pancreatic beta cell dysfunction and apoptosisF Allagnat
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Route de Lennik, 808, CP 618, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Diabetologia 53:1120-30. 2010..homologous protein (CHOP) branch of the unfolded protein response, but defective X-box binding protein 1 (XBP1) splicing and activating transcription factor 6 activation...
- X-box binding protein 1 is essential for the anti-oxidant defense and cell survival in the retinal pigment epitheliumYimin Zhong
Department of Medicine, Section of Endocrinology and Diabetes, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e38616. 2012..X-box binding protein 1 (XBP1) is a key transcription factor that regulates endoplasmic reticulum (ER) homeostasis and cell survival...
- Effects of Sodium Fluoride on Lipid Peroxidation and PARP, XBP-1 Expression in PC12 CellLulu Ke
College of Chemistry and Life Science, Zhejiang Normal University, Jinhua, Zhejiang, 321004, People s Republic of China
Biol Trace Elem Res 173:161-7. 2016..XBP-1 and PARP may be the key proteins during the entire process. These results provide a valid basis for fluorine-induced free radical injury theory. ..
- BCL-2 modulates the unfolded protein response by enhancing splicing of X-box binding protein-1Tríona Ní Chonghaile
Apoptosis Research Centre, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland School of Natural Sciences, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 466:40-5. 2015..Enhanced splicing of XBP-1 was observed in BCL-2 overexpressing cells implicating BCL-2 in the complex regulation of IRE1α activity. ..
- Mechanisms underlying hypertriglyceridemia in rats with monosodium L-glutamate-induced obesity: evidence of XBP-1/PDI/MTP axis activationLucas Martins França
Laboratory of Experimental Physiology, Department of Physiological Sciences, Federal University of Maranhao, Avenida dos Portugueses, 1966, 65 080 805 São Luís, MA, Brazil
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 443:725-30. 2014....
- The impact of the unfolded protein response on human diseaseShiyu Wang
Degenerative Disease Research Program, Neuroscience, Aging, and Stem Cell Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 197:857-67. 2012..Signaling components of the UPR are emerging as potential targets for intervention and treatment of human disease...
- XBP-1s is linked to suppressed gluconeogenesis in the Ebb phase of burn injuryNatasha C Brooks
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
Mol Med 19:72-8. 2013..We conclude that upregulation of the ER stress response after burn injury is linked to attenuated gluconeogenesis and sustained glucose tolerance in the postburn ebb phase...
- Autophagy, and BiP level decrease are early key events in retrograde degeneration of motoneuronsC Penas
Group of Neuroplasticity and Regeneration, Institute of Neurosciences, Department of Cell Biology, Physiology and Immunology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red sobre Enfermedades Neurodegenerativas CIBERNED, Spain
Cell Death Differ 18:1617-27. 2011..only degenerating MNs presented early activation of IRE1α, revealed by an increase of the spliced isoform of Xbp1 and accumulation of ATF4 in their nucleus, two branches of the UPR, and late BiP downregulation in association with ..
- Suppression of XBP1S mediates high glucose-induced oxidative stress and extracellular matrix synthesis in renal mesangial cell and kidney of diabetic ratsDecui Shao
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 8:e56124. 2013..X-box binding protein 1(XBP1), as a key mediator of ER stress, has been proved having the capability of preventing oxidative stress...
- XBP1 depletion precedes ubiquitin aggregation and Golgi fragmentation in TDP-43 transgenic ratsJianbin Tong
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Neurochem 123:406-16. 2012..Prior to ubiquitin aggregation and Golgi fragmentation, neurons were depleted of X-box-binding protein 1 (XBP1), a key player of UPR machinery...
- Protective effects of XBP1 against oxygen and glucose deprivation/reoxygenation injury in rat primary hippocampal neuronsTatsuki Ibuki
Qs Research Institute, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, 463 10 Kagasuno, Kawauchi, Tokushima 771 0192, Japan
Neurosci Lett 518:45-8. 2012..One of the effectors of the UPR is XBP1, a critical transcriptional factor for genes responsible for cell survival...
- Mild endoplasmic reticulum stress augments the proinflammatory effect of IL-1β in pancreatic rat β-cells via the IRE1α/XBP1s pathwayMichela Miani
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Erasmus Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Endocrinology 153:3017-28. 2012..X-box binding protein 1 (XBP1) and inositol-requiring enzyme 1, but not CCAAT/enhancer binding protein homologous protein, knockdown prevented ..
- Partial XBP1 knockdown does not affect viability of oligodendrocyte precursor cells exposed to new models of hypoxia and ischemia in vitroHonorata Kraskiewicz
NCBES, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
J Neurosci Res 89:661-73. 2011..protein (Grp78/BiP), C/EBP homologous binding protein (CHOP), and spliced X-box-binding protein 1 (XBP1)...
- Rapamycin inhibits postprandial-mediated X-box-binding protein-1 splicing in rat liverKyle T Pfaffenbach
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
J Nutr 140:879-84. 2010..inositol-requiring, endoplasmic reticulum-to-nucleus signaling protein 1alpha (IRE1alpha)-X-box-binding protein-1 (XBP1) branch of the UPR, to the regulation of lipogenesis and hepatic steatosis...
- X-box binding protein 1 regulates brain natriuretic peptide through a novel AP1/CRE-like element in cardiomyocytesTamaki Sawada
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 48:1280-9. 2010..In this study, we examined whether X-box binding protein 1 (XBP1), a major UPR-linked transcriptional factor, regulates the expression of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) in ..
- Palmitate induces insulin resistance in H4IIEC3 hepatocytes through reactive oxygen species produced by mitochondriaSeiji Nakamura
Department of Disease Control and Homeostasis, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:14809-18. 2009..Thus, mitochondria-derived ROS induced by palmitate may be major contributors to JNK activation and cellular insulin resistance...
- Hepatic nuclear factor 1alpha (HNF1alpha) dysfunction down-regulates X-box-binding protein 1 (XBP1) and sensitizes beta-cells to endoplasmic reticulum stressClare L Kirkpatrick
Department of Cell Physiology and Metabolism, Centre Medical Universitaire, Universite de Geneve, 1 rue Michel Servet, 1211 Geneve 4, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 286:32300-12. 2011..a transcription factor vital for correct β-cell development and function, to show that HNF1α is required for Xbp1 transcription and maintenance of the normal ER stress response...
- Identity between rat htf and human xbp-1 genes: determination of gene structure, target sequence, and transcription promotion function for HTFK Kokura
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Chiba University, Japan
Gene 241:297-307. 2000Hepatocarcinogenesis-related transcription factor (HTF) was originally isolated from rats in which the expression was enhanced in hepatocellular carcinomas...
- HSP72 protects cells from ER stress-induced apoptosis via enhancement of IRE1alpha-XBP1 signaling through a physical interactionSanjeev Gupta
Apoptosis Research Centre, School of Natural Sciences, NUI Galway, Galway, Ireland
PLoS Biol 8:e1000410. 2010..UPR signals through the sensor IRE1alpha, which controls the splicing of the mRNA encoding the transcription factor XBP1. We show that Hsp72 enhances XBP1 mRNA splicing and expression of its target genes, associated with attenuated ..
- XBP1 may determine the size of the ameloblast endoplasmic reticulumM Tsuchiya
Department of Cytokine Biology, The Forsyth Institute, and Department of Developmental Biology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, 140 The Fenway, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Dent Res 87:1058-62. 2008..This prompted us to ask if X-box-binding protein-1 (XBP1) plays a role in regulating ameloblast ER volume, as has been previously demonstrated for secretory acinar cells ..
- Hippocampal cellular stress responses after global brain ischemia and reperfusionGeorge G Roberts
Department of Physiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 9:2265-75. 2007....
- Behavioral stress and activated serotonergic neurotransmission induce XBP-1 splicing in the rat brainHiroyuki Toda
Department of Psychiatry, National Defense Medical College, Namiki 3 2, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359 8513, Japan
Brain Res 1112:26-32. 2006....
- Unfolded protein response is involved in the pathology of human congenital hypothyroid goiter and rat non-goitrous congenital hypothyroidismM Baryshev
Division of Molecular Toxicology, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Nobels vag 13, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Mol Endocrinol 32:903-20. 2004..the transcriptional arm of UPR, as judged by the appearance of the spliced (active) form of X-box binding protein (XBP1) and processed activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) transcription factors was suggested to contribute to the ..