Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Wnt1
Description: wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 1
Alias: Int1, proto-oncogene Wnt-1, Wingless-type MMTV integration site 1, homolog, wingless-related MMTV integration site 1
- Prevalence of disabled stereopsis in a class of optometry studentsW L Larson
Ecole d Optometrie, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Optom Vis Sci 69:923-5. 1992..Stereoacuity had the worst predictive value (43%) and stereolatency the best (100%). The prevalence of disabled stereopsis in this group was no less than 34% and might have been as great as 95%...
- Identification of connexin43 as a functional target for Wnt signallingM A van der Heyden
Hubrecht Laboratory, Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology, Uppsalalaan 8, The Netherlands
J Cell Sci 111:1741-9. 1998Wnt mediated signal transduction is considered to regulate activity of target genes. In Xenopus embryos, ectopic Wnt1 and Wnt8 expression induces gap-junctional communication...
- Cooperative induction of mammary tumorigenesis by TGFalpha and WntsJ A Schroeder
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill 27599 7260, USA
Oncogene 19:3193-9. 2000..Collectively, these results reveal cooperative induction of mammary gland tumorigenesis by simultaneous deregulation of EGF-like (TGFalpha) and Wnt growth factors...
- Beta-catenin/Tcf activation partially mimics the transforming activity of Wnt-1 in Rat-1 fibroblastsC S Young
Department of Pathology and OB GYN, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Differentiation 71:477-85. 2003..As ectopic expression of beta-cateninS37A only partially mimics Wnt-1 effects on Rat-1 cells, we conclude that Wnt-1 signaling elicits biochemical events that act in addition to beta-catenin/Tcf signaling to promote cell growth...
- Overexpression of Wnt-1 in thyrocytes enhances cellular growth but suppresses transcription of the thyroperoxidase gene via different signaling mechanismsWon Bae Kim
Edison Biotechnology Institute and College of Osteopathic Medicine, Ohio University, The Ridges, Athens, Ohio 45701, USA
J Endocrinol 193:93-106. 2007..We hypothesize that Wnt signaling contributes to the ability of TSH to simultaneously increase cell growth and functional, thyroid-specific, gene expression...
- Wnt1-overexpressing skeletal myoblasts as an improved cell therapy for cardiac repair following myocardial infarctionG Q Du
The Key Laboratory of Myocardial Ischemia, Chinese Ministry of Education
Panminerva Med 57:153-66. 2015..In this study, we evaluate the therapeutic potential of SkMs genetically modified with Wnt1gene (Wnt1 SkMs) in a rat model with myocardial infarction (MI).
- Treatment of MSCs with Wnt1a-conditioned medium activates DP cells and promotes hair follicle regrowthLiang Dong
1 Institute of Basic Medicine Science, College of Life Science, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China 2
Sci Rep 4:5432. 2014..Our study reveals that BM-MSC-generated Wnt1a promotes the DP's ability to induce hair cycling and regeneration. ..
- WNT signaling underlies the pathogenesis of neuropathic pain in rodentsYan kai Zhang
Department of Neurobiology, Parker University Research Institute, Dallas, Texas 75229, USA
J Clin Invest 123:2268-86. 2013..These findings indicate a critical mechanism underlying the pathogenesis of neuropathic pain and suggest that targeting the WNT signaling pathway may be an effective approach for treating neuropathic pain, including bone cancer pain...
- Matrix rigidity activates Wnt signaling through down-regulation of Dickkopf-1 proteinMaria V Barbolina
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60622, USA
J Biol Chem 288:141-51. 2013..Similar results were obtained in other tissue-invasive cells such as vascular endothelial cells, suggesting a novel mechanism for functional coupling of matrix adhesion with Wnt signaling...
- Metformin-mediated Bambi expression in hepatic stellate cells induces prosurvival Wnt/β-catenin signalingNanthakumar Subramaniam
Storr Liver Unit, Westmead Millennium Institute and Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney, Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 5:553-61. 2012..These results suggest that AICAR and metformin may confer disease-specific therapeutic benefits...
- Differential regulation of midbrain dopaminergic neuron development by Wnt-1, Wnt-3a, and Wnt-5aGoncalo Castelo-Branco
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Medical Biochemistry, and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12747-52. 2003..These findings indicate that Wnts are key regulators of proliferation and differentiation of DA precursors during VM neurogenesis and that different Wnts have specific and unique activity profiles...
- Activation of the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway by mechanical ventilation is associated with ventilator-induced pulmonary fibrosis in healthy lungsJesus Villar
CIBER de Enfermedades Respiratorias, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 6:e23914. 2011..Since activation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling has been suggested to be central to mechanisms of lung healing and fibrosis, we hypothesized that the Wnt/β-catenin signaling plays a role during VILI...
- EPO relies upon novel signaling of Wnt1 that requires Akt1, FoxO3a, GSK-3β, and β-catenin to foster vascular integrity during experimental diabetesZhao Zhong Chong
Department of Neurology and Neurosciences, University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey 07101, USA
Curr Neurovasc Res 8:103-20. 2011..Erythropoietin (EPO) represents one of these novel strategies but the dependence of EPO upon Wnt1 and its downstream signaling in a clinically relevant model of DM with elevated D-glucose has not been elucidated...
- Alternative wnt signaling is initiated by distinct receptorsRenée van Amerongen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Sci Signal 1:re9. 2008..Here, we discuss basic principles of signal transduction initiated at the cell membrane, with the Wnt pathway, which harbors a multitude of ligands and receptors, as an example...
- Dietary-induced serum phenolic acids promote bone growth via p38 MAPK/β-catenin canonical Wnt signalingJin Ran Chen
Arkansas Children s Nutrition Center, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72202, USA
J Bone Miner Res 25:2399-411. 2010....
- The role of the Wnt family of secreted proteins in rat oval "stem" cell-based liver regeneration: Wnt1 drives differentiationJennifer M Williams
University of Florida College of Medicine, Department of Pathology, PO Box 100275, 1600 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Am J Pathol 176:2732-42. 2010..This study elucidates novel findings implicating Wnt1 in directing oval cell differentiation during the rat 2-acetylaminofluorene (2AAF) and 2/3 partial hepatectomy (PHx)..
- Wnt/beta-catenin signalling pathway following rat tongue carcinogenesis induced by 4-nitroquinoline 1-oxideAna Carolina Cuzzuol Fracalossi
Department of Pathology, Paulista Medical School, Federal University of Sao Paulo, UNIFESP, SP, Brazil
Exp Mol Pathol 88:176-83. 2010..purpose of this study was to characterize the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway as depicted by the expression of Wnt1, Frizzled-1, Wnt5a, Frizzled-5 and beta-catenin during 4NQO-induced rat tongue carcinogenesis by ..
- [Effect of Wnt-1 on the process of inducing neural stem cells into neurons by all-trans-retinoic acid in vitro]Dejun Zhong
Department of Spinal Surgery, the Affiliated Hospital of Luzhou Medical College, Luzhou Sichuan, 646000, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 23:742-6. 2009..To explore the expression of Wnt-1 during the process of inducing neural stem cells (NSCs) into neurons by using all-trans-retinoic acid (ATRA) in vitro and the effect of Wnt-1 on NSCs differentiation...
- Nuclear accumulation of beta-catenin protein indicates activation of wnt signaling in chemically induced rat nephroblastomasDavid Ehrlich
Division of Applied Tumor Biology, Institute of Pathology, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 220 221, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Pediatr Dev Pathol 13:1-8. 2010..Nuclear expression of beta-catenin in the absence of Ctnnb1 mutations implies, however, alternate mutational targets in rat nephroblastomas...
- Wnt-expressing rat embryonic fibroblasts suppress Apo2L/TRAIL-induced apoptosis of human leukemia cellsLenka Doubravska
Laboratory of Cell and Developmental Biology, Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 14220, Praha 4, Czech Republic
Apoptosis 13:573-87. 2008..We observed that co-culture of human pre-B leukemia cells KM3 and REH with Wnt1- or Wnt3a-producing rat embryonic fibroblasts efficiently suppressed Apo2L/TRAIL-induced apoptosis of the lymphoid ..
- Simvastatin reverses high glucose-induced apoptosis of mesangial cells via modulation of Wnt signaling pathwayChun Liang Lin
Division of Nephrology, Chiayi Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, Chang Gung University, Chiayi, Taiwan
Am J Nephrol 28:290-7. 2008..We examined the role of simvastatin (SIM) in modulation of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the apoptosis of high glucose (HG)-stressed mesangial cells in vitro and in vivo...
- Differential activation of the calcium/protein kinase C and the canonical beta-catenin pathway by Wnt1 and Wnt7a produces opposite effects on cell proliferation in PC12 cellsPaola Spinsanti
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Neurochem 104:1588-98. 2008We examined the effect of Wnt1 and Wnt7a on cell proliferation using undifferentiated PC12 cells, which originate from the neural crest and are widely employed as a neuronal cell model...
- Differential expression of Wnt genes in normal and flat variants of PC12 cells, a cell line responsive to ectopic Wnt1 expressionA Erdreich-Epstein
Division of Hematology Oncology, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, California 90027 6016, USA
Growth Factors 15:149-58. 1998..Ectopic expression of Wnt1 converts the PC12 neural crest-derived rat pheochromocytoma cell line from a round phenotype that express ..
- Transformation by Wnt family proteins correlates with regulation of beta-cateninH Shimizu
Strang Cornell Cancer Research Laboratory, Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell Growth Differ 8:1349-58. 1997..These data also imply the existence of receptors that respond to certain Wnt proteins but not to others...
- Differential transformation of mammary epithelial cells by Wnt genesG T Wong
Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Mol Cell Biol 14:6278-86. 1994..These data demonstrate that the Wnt genes have distinct effects on cell growth and should not be regarded as functionally equivalent...