Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vegfc
Description: vascular endothelial growth factor C
Alias: vascular endothelial growth factor C, VEGF-C, VRP, flt4 ligand, flt4-L, vascular endothelial growth factor-related protein
- Macrophages regulate salt-dependent volume and blood pressure by a vascular endothelial growth factor-C-dependent buffering mechanismAgnes Machnik
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, and Nikolaus Fiebiger Centre for Molecular Medicine, University Clinic and Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
Nat Med 15:545-52. 2009..TonEBP binds the promoter of the gene encoding vascular endothelial growth factor-C (VEGF-C, encoded by Vegfc) and causes VEGF-C secretion by macrophages...
- Developmental expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 3 and vascular endothelial growth factor C in forebrainM C Ward
School of Women s and Children s Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney Children s Hospital, High St, Randwick, NSW 2031, Australia Electronic address
Neuroscience 303:544-57. 2015..We describe the temporal expression of VEGFR3 protein at a cellular level and its close association with its VEGFC ligand, determined by double-labeling immunohistochemistry in the developing rat brain from embryonic day (E) 13 ..
- Distinct characteristics of circulating vascular endothelial growth factor-a and C levels in human subjectsHiromichi Wada
Division of Translational Research, National Hospital Organization Kyoto Medical Center, Kyoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e29351. 2011..In conclusion, these findings demonstrate that VEGF-C, rather than VEGF-A, is closely related to dyslipidemia and atherosclerosis...
- Increasing lymphatic microvessel density in primary pterygiaShiqi Ling
Department of Ophthalmology, Third Affiliated Hospital, Guangzhou, China
Arch Ophthalmol 130:735-42. 2012..To examine lymphatic microvessel density (LMVD) in primary pterygia...
- Differential expression of vascular endothelial growth factor isoforms and receptor subtypes in the infarcted heartTieqiang Zhao
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, United States
Int J Cardiol 167:2638-45. 2013..The expressions of each VEGF isoform and receptor subtype in cardiac repair/remodeling after myocardial infarction (MI) remain uncertain and are investigated in the current study...
- Vascular endothelial growth factors A and C are induced in the SVZ following neonatal hypoxia-ischemia and exert different effects on neonatal glial progenitorsJennifer M Bain
UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Department of Neurology and Neurosciences, University Hospital Cancer Center, Newark, NJ 07103 UMDNJ Graduate School Biomedical Sciences, University Hospital Cancer Center, Newark, NJ 07103 New Jersey Medical School University Hospital Cancer Center, Newark, NJ 07103
Transl Stroke Res 4:158-70. 2013..Our studies further suggest that therapeutics that extend VEGF-C production and/or agonists that stimulate the VEGFR-3 will promote oligodendrocyte progenitor cell development to enhance myelination after perinatal brain injury. ..
- TGF-β1 promotes lymphangiogenesis during peritoneal fibrosisHiroshi Kinashi
Departments of Nephrology and Renal Replacement Therapy
J Am Soc Nephrol 24:1627-42. 2013..These results suggest that lymphangiogenesis associates with fibrosis through the TGF-β-VEGF-C pathway. ..
- Inhibition of VEGFR-3 activation in tumor-draining lymph nodes suppresses the outgrowth of lymph node metastases in the MT-450 syngeneic rat breast cancer modelLuca Quagliata
Centre for Biomedicine and Medical Technology Mannheim CBTM, Medizinische Fakultat Mannheim, Universitatsmedizin Mannheim, Universitat Heidelberg, TRIDOMUS Gebäude Haus C, Ludolf Krehl Str 13 17, 68167, Mannheim, Germany
Clin Exp Metastasis 31:351-65. 2014..We conclude that tumor-derived VEGF-C draining to regional lymph nodes promotes the outgrowth of lymph node metastases. VEGF-C may induce lung metastasis independently of its effects on lymph node metastasis...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-C: its unrevealed role in fibrogenesisTieqiang Zhao
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee and
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 306:H789-96. 2014....
- Cyclooxygenase-2 and vascular endothelial growth factor expressions are involved in ultrafiltration failureJia Guo
Department of Nephrology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, Henan, China Nephropathy Research Institutes of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, Henan, China Key Disciplines Laboratory Clinical Medicine Henan, Zhengzhou, Henan, China
J Surg Res 188:527-536.e2. 2014..The aim of the study was to investigate changes in cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGF-A), and vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) expressions in a rat model of UFF induced by PD solution.
- VEGF-C induces lymphangiogenesis and angiogenesis in the rat mesentery culture modelRichard S Sweat
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Microcirculation 21:532-40. 2014..The objective of this study was to determine whether the rat mesentery culture model can be used to study lymphangiogenesis...
- The expression of vascular endothelial growth factor-A and -C, and receptors 1 and 3: correlation with lymph node metastasis and prognosis in tongue squamous cell carcinomaYuji Tanigaki
Department of Biology and Function in the Head and Neck, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Int J Mol Med 14:389-95. 2004..VEGF-C expression may be a predictive factor of regional lymph node recurrence and prognosis in patients with tongue carcinoma...
- Novel DOX-MTX nanoparticles improve oral SCC clinical outcome by down regulation of lymph dissemination factor VEGF-C expression in vivo: oral and IV modalitiesMehran Mesgari Abbasi
Drug Applied Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:6227-32. 2014....
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor family messenger RNA in diseased thyroid tissuesKatsuhiro Tanaka
Department of Breast and Thyroid Surgery, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki, Japan
Surg Today 32:761-8. 2002..We investigated the expression of each VEGF gene in diseased thyroids using the multiplex reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) method...
- Critical role of VEGF-C/VEGFR-3 signaling in innate and adaptive immune responses in experimental obliterative bronchiolitisRainer Krebs
Cardiopulmonary Research Group, Transplantation Laboratory, University of Helsinki, Finland
Am J Pathol 181:1607-20. 2012..We therefore studied the role of lymphangiogenic vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C), its receptor VEGFR-3, and lymphangiogenesis during development of experimental ..
- Transforming growth factor-β induces vascular endothelial growth factor-C expression leading to lymphangiogenesis in rat unilateral ureteral obstructionYasuhiro Suzuki
Department of Nephrology and Renal Replacement Therapy, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Kidney Int 81:865-79. 2012..Thus, TGF-β1 induces VEGF-C expression, which leads to lymphangiogenesis...
- Mononuclear phagocyte system depletion blocks interstitial tonicity-responsive enhancer binding protein/vascular endothelial growth factor C expression and induces salt-sensitive hypertension in ratsAgnes Machnik
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Friedrich Alexander University, Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
Hypertension 55:755-61. 2010..expression in response to very high dietary salt via a tonicity-responsive enhancer binding protein/vascular endothelial growth factor C regulatory mechanism...
- [Correlation analysis of vascular endothelial growth factor-C expression and clinicopathology in breast cancer]Jian Min Fu
Department of Breast Surgery, ShenZhen Maternity and Child Healthcare Hospital, Shenzhen 518048, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 29:2266-8. 2009..To investigate the expressions of vascular endothelial growth factor-C (VEGF-C), C-erbB-2, p53, estrogen receptor (ER), and progesterone receptor (PR) in breast cancer tissue and their clinical significance...
- The lymphatic system and its specific growth factor vascular endothelial growth factor C in kidney tissue and in renal cell carcinomaMartin Voss
Medical Statistics, University Hospital Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
BJU Int 104:94-9. 2009OBJECTIVE To determine the role of vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) and the quantitative extent of the lymphatic system in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) to analyse a possible correlation with the metastatic spread of cancer ..
- Vascular endothelial growth factor C mRNA expression is a prognostic factor in epithelial ovarian cancer as detected by kinetic RT-PCR in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissueBruno V Sinn
Institute of Pathology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Virchows Arch 455:461-7. 2009b>Vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) is a well described chemotactic and growth factor for lymphatic endothelial cells. Its inhibition leads to suppression of lymphatic and distant metastases in mouse models...
- Interpretation of Pin-1 and VEGF-C expression in breast infiltrating duct carcinomaByung Chul Kim
Department of Pathology, Chosun University School of Medicine, Gwangju, Korea
Oncol Rep 22:1381-90. 2009..Given the role of cyclin D1 overexpression in oncogenesis of breast, these results suggest that overexpression of Pin-1 and VEGF-C may promote tumor progression and metastasis...
- The significance of VEGF-C/VEGFR-2 interaction in the neovascularization and prognosis of nephroblastoma (Wilms' tumour)M Nowicki
Department of Paediatric Oncology, Haematology and Transplantology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Histopathology 50:358-64. 2007..To investigate the immunohistochemical expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-C and VEGFR-2 in nephroblastoma tissue and correlate their presence with the survival rate of children diagnosed with stage III Wilms' tumour...
- Characterization of indolinones which preferentially inhibit VEGF-C- and VEGF-D-induced activation of VEGFR-3 rather than VEGFR-2V Kirkin
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institute of Genetics, Karlsruhe, Germany
Eur J Biochem 268:5530-40. 2001..These tools should be useful in analysing the different activities and roles of VEGF-C, VEGF-D and their ligands, and in blocking VEGFR-3-mediated lymphangiogenesis...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor-2 signaling mediates VEGF-C(deltaNdeltaC)- and VEGF-A-induced angiogenesis in vitroJean Christophe Tille
Department of Cell Biology and Morphology, University Medical Center, Geneva, Switzerland
Exp Cell Res 285:286-98. 2003..Taken together, these findings point to the central role of VEGFR-2 in the angiogenic signaling pathways induced by VEGF-C(deltaNdeltaC) and VEGF-A...
- Molecular regulation of the VEGF family -- inducers of angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesisBradley K McColl
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
APMIS 112:463-80. 2004..An understanding of these mechanisms offers broader opportunities to manipulate expression and activity of the VEGFs for treatment of disease...
- VEGF-C is a trophic factor for neural progenitors in the vertebrate embryonic brainBarbara Le Bras
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, U711, Paris F 75013, France
Nat Neurosci 9:340-8. 2006b>Vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) was first identified as a regulator of the vascular system, where it is required for the development of lymphatic vessels. Here we report actions of VEGF-C in the central nervous system...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor stimulates rat cholangiocyte proliferation via an autocrine mechanismEugenio Gaudio
Division of Anatomy, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Gastroenterology 130:1270-82. 2006..The role of VEGF in cholangiocyte pathophysiology is unknown. We evaluated the role of VEGF in the regulation of cholangiocyte proliferation in rats that underwent bile duct ligation...
- VEGF receptor signalling - in control of vascular functionAnna Karin Olsson
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Dag Hammarskjöldv 20, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 7:359-71. 2006..Recent insights have shed light onto VEGFR signal transduction and the interplay between different VEGFRs and VEGF co-receptors in development, adult physiology and disease...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-C expression in bladder transitional cell cancer and its relationship to lymph node metastasisXiongbing Zu
Department of Urology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha City, Hunan Province, China
BJU Int 98:1090-3. 2006....
- Evaluation of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-C role in urothelial carcinomas of the bladderEleni Mylona
First Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Laikon University Hospital, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Anticancer Res 26:3567-71. 2006..Vascular endothelial growth factor-C (VEGF-C) has been associated with angiogenesis, lymphangiogenesis and regional lymph node metastasis and was reported to have an anti-apoptotic and proliferative role...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 expression is associated with vascular endothelial growth factor-C and lymph node metastases in human prostate cancerJin ming Di
Department of Urology, Third Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Arch Med Res 40:268-75. 2009..However, it is unclear whether COX-2 is also associated with VEGF-C expression, tumor lymphangiogenesis and lymph node metastasis in human prostate cancer...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-C stimulates the lymphatic pump by a VEGF receptor-3-dependent mechanismJerome W Breslin
Department of Surgery, Division of Research, School of Medicine, University of California Davis, 2805 50th Street, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H709-18. 2007..Our results demonstrate that VEGF-C increases lymphatic pumping through VEGFR-3. Furthermore, changes in microvascular hemodynamics are not required for VEGFR-3-mediated changes in lymphatic pump activity...
- Altered gene expression in rat colonic adenocarcinomas induced in an azoxymethane plus 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]- pyridine initiation-promotion modelKenichiro Doi
Department of Pathology, Osaka City University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
Oncology 73:252-60. 2007..Among them, Stat1 (signal transducer and activator of transcription 1) and VEGFc (vascular endothelial growth factor c) demonstrated statistically significant upregulation by real-time RT-PCR...
- Effect of vascular endothelial growth factor C (VEGF-C) gene transfer in rat model of secondary lymphedemaYanli Liu
Department of Anatomy, Shandong University School of Medicine, Jinan, Shandong, PR China
Vascul Pharmacol 49:44-50. 2008..Our results indicate that VEGF-C gene therapy has produced new lymphatic vessels which may have improved functional lymphatic drainage to reduce lymphedema volume in our model...
- Differential regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor-C and its receptor in the rat hippocampus following transient forebrain ischemiaYoo Jin Shin
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Socho gu, Seoul, 137 701, South Korea
Acta Neuropathol 116:517-27. 2008..These data suggest that VEGF-C may be involved in glial reaction via paracrine or autocrine mechanisms in the ischemic brain and may carry out specific roles in adult hippocampal neurogenesis during ischemic insults...
- Effect of pentoxifylline on vascular endothelial growth factor C and flk-1 expression on endometrial implants in the rat endometriosis modelNikos F Vlahos
Second Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens Medical School, Aretaieion Hospital, 76 Vas Sofias Av, Athens 11521, Greece
Fertil Steril 93:1316-23. 2010..To investigate the effects of pentoxifylline, on vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-C and flk-1 expression in the rat endometriosis model...
- Lentivirus-mediated small interfering RNA targeting VEGF-C inhibited tumor lymphangiogenesis and growth in breast carcinomaBaoliang Guo
Department of General Surgery, The Second Clinical Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 292:633-9. 2009..In conclusion, these results indicate that lentivirus-mediated VEGF-C siRNA offers a new approach for therapeutic intervention to prevent tumor growth and lymphatic metastasis of breast cancer...
- Regulation of VEGF and VEGF receptor expression in the rodent mammary gland during pregnancy, lactation, and involutionM S Pepper
Department of Morphology, University Medical Center, Geneva, Switzerland
Dev Dyn 218:507-24. 2000..These results point to a causal role for the VEGF ligand-receptor pairs in pregnancy-associated angiogenesis in the mammary gland, and suggest that they may also regulate vascular permeability during lactation...
- The role of VEGF-C/D and Flt-4 in the lymphatic metastasis of early-stage invasive cervical carcinomaHao Yu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Ji nan 250012, PR China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 28:98. 2009..To investigate the role of vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGF)-C/D and their receptor Flt-4 in the lymphatic metastasis of early-stage invasive cervical carcinoma...