Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Trpa1
Description: transient receptor potential cation channel, subfamily A, member 1
Alias: Anktm1, transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily A member 1, ankyrin-like with transmembrane domains protein 1
- HC-030031, a TRPA1 selective antagonist, attenuates inflammatory- and neuropathy-induced mechanical hypersensitivitySamer R Eid
Department of Pain Research, Neuroscience Drug Discovery, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Philadelphia, USA
Mol Pain 4:48. 2008..The recent discovery and description of the transient receptor potential family of receptors including TRPV1 and TRPA1 has provided a number of potential new therapeutic targets for treating chronic pain...
- TRPA1-mediated responses in trigeminal sensory neurons: interaction between TRPA1 and TRPV1Margaux M Salas
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Eur J Neurosci 29:1568-78. 2009..Previous studies have characterized the properties of TRPA1 in heterologous expression systems...
- Mustard oils and cannabinoids excite sensory nerve fibres through the TRP channel ANKTM1Sven Eric Jordt
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 2140, USA
Nature 427:260-5. 2004..Both allyl isothiocyanate and THC mediate their excitatory effects by activating ANKTM1, a member of the TRP ion channel family recently implicated in the detection of noxious cold...
- TRPA1 contributes to cold hypersensitivityDonato Del Camino
Hydra Biosciences, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Neurosci 30:15165-74. 2010b>TRPA1 is a nonselective cation channel expressed by nociceptors. Although it is widely accepted that TRPA1 serves as a broad irritancy receptor for a variety of reactive chemicals, its role in cold sensation remains controversial...
- TRPA1 is a component of the nociceptive response to CO2Yuanyuan Y Wang
Department of Biological Sciences, Section of Neurobiology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
J Neurosci 30:12958-63. 2010..Here we show that CO(2) specifically activates a subpopulation of trigeminal neurons that express TRPA1, a mustard oil- and cinnamaldehyde-sensitive channel, and that these responses are dependent on a functional TRPA1 ..
- Activation characteristics of transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 and its role in nociceptionManish Raisinghani
Dept of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois Univ School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62702, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 301:C587-600. 2011Transient receptor potential (TRP) ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) is a Ca(2+)-permeant, nonselective cationic channel...
- Species comparison and pharmacological characterization of human, monkey, rat, and mouse TRPA1 channelsBruce R Bianchi
Neuroscience Research, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott, R4DJ, AP9 1, 100 Abbott Park Rd, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 341:360-8. 2012The transient receptor potential ankyrin-1 (TRPA1) channel has emerged as an attractive target for development of analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs...
- TRPA1 modulation of spontaneous and mechanically evoked firing of spinal neurons in uninjured, osteoarthritic, and inflamed ratsSteve McGaraughty
Neuroscience Research, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
Mol Pain 6:14. 2010There is growing evidence supporting a role for TRPA1 receptors in the neurotransmission of peripheral mechanical stimulation...
- Expression of transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) in the rat trigeminal sensory afferents and spinal dorsal hornYun Sook Kim
Department of Oral Anatomy and Neurobiology, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
J Comp Neurol 518:687-98. 2010Transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1), responding to noxious cold and pungent compounds, is implicated in the mediation of nociception, but little is known about the processing of the TRPA1-mediated nociceptive information ..
- The contribution of TRPM8 and TRPA1 channels to cold allodynia and neuropathic painOmbretta Caspani
Klinik fur Anaesthesiologie und operative Intensivmedizin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 4:e7383. 2009..Recently the transient receptor potential (TRP) channels TRPM8 and TRPA1 have been identified and proposed to be molecular sensors for cold...
- TRPA1 receptor stimulation by hydrogen peroxide is critical to trigger hyperalgesia and inflammation in a model of acute goutGabriela Trevisan
Graduate Program in Biological Sciences Toxicological Biochemistry, Federal University of Santa Maria, Santa Maria, RS, Brazil Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Graduate Program in Health Science, University of Southern Santa Catarina, Criciuma, SC, Brazil
Free Radic Biol Med 72:200-9. 2014..The transient potential receptor ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) is expressed by a subpopulation of peptidergic nociceptors and, via its activation by endogenous reactive oxygen ..
- Inflammation reduces mechanical thresholds in a population of transient receptor potential channel A1-expressing nociceptors in the ratJames P Dunham
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Eur J Neurosci 27:3151-60. 2008..The transient receptor potential channel A1 (TRPA1) is a receptor localized to putative nociceptive neurones and is implicated in mechanical and thermal nociception...
- Intact Adelta-fibers up-regulate transient receptor potential A1 and contribute to cold hypersensitivity in neuropathic ratsG Ji
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Marine Biomedical Institute, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 1069, USA
Neuroscience 154:1054-66. 2008..Recent data indicate both transient receptor potential (TRP) M8 and TRPA1 play a role. In relation to TRPA1, there are reported increases in mRNA...
- Molecular determinants of species-specific activation or blockade of TRPA1 channelsJun Chen
Neuroscience, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064 6125, USA
J Neurosci 28:5063-71. 2008b>TRPA1 is an excitatory, nonselective cation channel implicated in somatosensory function, pain, and neurogenic inflammation...
- Transient receptor potential TRPA1 channel desensitization in sensory neurons is agonist dependent and regulated by TRPV1-directed internalizationArmen N Akopian
Department of Endodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Physiol 583:175-93. 2007..The TRPA1 channel plays a key role in the processing of noxious information and can undergo functional desensitization by ..
- Sensitization of TRPA1 by PAR2 contributes to the sensation of inflammatory painYi Dai
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, Hyogo, Japan
J Clin Invest 117:1979-87. 2007..Transient receptor potential A1 (TRPA1) is an excitatory ion channel on primary sensory nerves of pain pathway...
- TRPA1 induced in sensory neurons contributes to cold hyperalgesia after inflammation and nerve injuryKoichi Obata
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, Japan
J Clin Invest 115:2393-401. 2005..Here we report that the pharmacological blockade of TRPA1 in primary sensory neurons reversed cold hyperalgesia caused by inflammation and nerve injury...
- Distinct expression of TRPM8, TRPA1, and TRPV1 mRNAs in rat primary afferent neurons with adelta/c-fibers and colocalization with trk receptorsKimiko Kobayashi
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
J Comp Neurol 493:596-606. 2005..Recently, two other members of this superfamily, TRPA1 and TRPM8, have been cloned and characterized as possible candidates for cold transducers in primary afferent ..
- Antisense knock down of TRPA1, but not TRPM8, alleviates cold hyperalgesia after spinal nerve ligation in ratsHirokazu Katsura
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
Exp Neurol 200:112-23. 2006..In the present study, we precisely examined the incidence of cold hyperalgesia and the changes of TRPA1 and TRPM8 expression in the L4 and L5 DRG following L5 spinal nerve ligation (SNL), because it is likely that the ..
- Transient receptor potential A1 mediates an osmotically activated ion channelXu Feng Zhang
Neuroscience Research, R4PM, AP9A, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6125, USA
Eur J Neurosci 27:605-11. 2008..A recent study of TRPA1 knockout mice demonstrated deficits in sensing mechanical stimuli, suggesting a role for TRPA1 also in somatic ..
- ANKTM1, a TRP-like channel expressed in nociceptive neurons, is activated by cold temperaturesGina M Story
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cell 112:819-29. 2003..Here, we describe the characterization of ANKTM1, a cold-activated channel with a lower activation temperature compared to the cold and menthol receptor, TRPM8...
- Increased TRPA1, TRPM8, and TRPV2 expression in dorsal root ganglia by nerve injuryJ Frederick
Western Connecticut State University, 181 White Street, Danbury, CT 06810, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 358:1058-64. 2007..We developed a multiplex ribonuclease protection assay (RPA) to quantify rat TRPV1, TRPV2, TRPV3, TRPV4, TRPA1, and TRPM8 RNA levels in DRG...
- A painful trp can be a bonding experienceZita Peterlin
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Neuron 53:635-8. 2007The receptive field of the TRPA1 nociceptor is remarkably expansive when compared to other chemodetectors such as odorant receptors...
- TRPA1-dependent regulation of bladder detrusor smooth muscle contractility in normal and type I diabetic ratsIgor B Philyppov
Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
J Smooth Muscle Res 52:1-17. 2016b>TRPA1 is a Ca(2+)-permeable cation channel that is activated by painful low temperatures (<17°C), irritating chemicals, reactive metabolites and mediators of inflammation...
- Effects of novel TRPA1 receptor agonist ASP7663 in models of drug-induced constipation and visceral painRyosuke Kojima
Pharmacology Research Labs, Astellas Pharma Inc, 21 Miyukigaoka, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8585, Japan Electronic address
Eur J Pharmacol 723:288-93. 2014..We previously reported that transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) is highly expressed in enterochromaffin (EC) cells, which are 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT)-releasing cells, and ..
- TRPA1 ion channels in vagal afferent nerves contribute to ventilator-induced lung injury in a rat modelShenhui Wang
Department of Anesthesiology, Shandong Provincial Qianfoshan Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong Province, 250012, China
Gen Physiol Biophys 32:389-94. 2013In order to investigate the effects of transient receptor potential channel A1 (TRPA1)-mediated neurogenic inflammatory reaction on the process of ventilator-induced lung injury (VILI)...
- Reactive oxygen species enhance excitatory synaptic transmission in rat spinal dorsal horn neurons by activating TRPA1 and TRPV1 channelsN Nishio
Pain Research Center, Kansai University of Health Sciences, Kumatori, Osaka 590 0482, Japan
Neuroscience 247:201-12. 2013..Furthermore, in the presence of a transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) channel antagonist (HC-030031) or a transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) channel antagonist (..
- Artemin-GFRα3 interactions partially contribute to acute inflammatory hypersensitivityPeter Thornton
MedImmune, Granta Park, Cambridge CB21 6GH, UK
Neurosci Lett 545:23-8. 2013..Anti-ARTN antibodies had no effect on hypersensitivity in response to partial nerve ligation in mice. These data suggest that ARTN-GFRα3 interactions partially mediate early stage nociceptive signalling following an inflammatory insult...
- Role of TRPV1 and TRPA1 in visceral hypersensitivity to colorectal distension during experimental colitis in ratsWim Vermeulen
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine and Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
Eur J Pharmacol 698:404-12. 2013The aim of the present study is to investigate the effects of TRPV1 and TRPA1 receptor antagonists and their synergism on the visceromotor responses during experimental colitis in rats...
- Activation of TRPA1 by luminal stimuli induces EP4-mediated anion secretion in human and rat colonIzumi Kaji
Laboratory of Physiology, Institute for Environmental Science, Univ of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 302:G690-701. 2012..The transient receptor potential A1 (TRPA1) channel is considered to be a chemosensor in several sensory tissues...
- Central activation of TRPV1 and TRPA1 by novel endogenous agonists contributes to mechanical allodynia and thermal hyperalgesia after burn injuryDustin Green
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Mol Pain 12:. 2016..The transient receptor potential channels, TRPV1 and TRPA1, are expressed by a subset of nociceptive sensory neurons and contribute to inflammatory hypersensitivity...
- P2X3 receptors induced inflammatory nociception modulated by TRPA1, 5-HT3 and 5-HT1A receptorsSuzy Krimon
Department of Structural and Functional Biology, Institute of Biology, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Brazil
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 112:49-55. 2013..In this study, we have evaluated whether TRPA1, 5-HT3 and 5-HT1A receptors, whose activation is essential to formalin-induced inflammatory nociception, are ..
- Potential role of spinal TRPA1 channels in antinociceptive tolerance to spinally administered morphineHong Wei
King s Lab, School of Pharmacy, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacol Rep 68:472-5. 2016..Since the astrocyte-DAAO pathway generates hydrogen peroxide, an agonist of the TRPA1 channel expressed spinally on nociceptive nerve terminals and astrocytes, we tested a hypothesis that the spinal ..
- Functional expression of TRPM8 and TRPA1 channels in rat odontoblastsMaki Tsumura
Department of Physiology, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e82233. 2013..of transient receptor potential (TRP) melastatin subfamily member 8 (TRPM8) and ankyrin subfamily member 1 (TRPA1) channels in odontoblasts remain to be clarified...
- The contribution of transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) to the in vivo nociceptive effects of prostaglandin E₂Marcelo C Dall'Acqua
Department of Physiology, Division of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Life Sci 105:7-13. 2014Although evidence suggest that TRPA1 mediates some effects of prostaglandins, it is not known whether TRPA1 contributes to the in vivo nociceptive effects of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2), a key mediator of inflammatory pain.
- Meningeal blood flow is controlled by H2 S-NO crosstalk activating a HNO-TRPA1-CGRP signalling pathwayMaria Dux
Department of Physiology, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Br J Pharmacol 173:431-45. 2016..The vasodilator effect of NO may be due to the NO-derived compound, nitroxyl (HNO), generated through reaction with endogenous H2 S. We investigated the involvement of HNO in CGRP release and meningeal blood flow...
- Bidirectional effects of hydrogen sulfide via ATP-sensitive K(+) channels and transient receptor potential A1 channels in RIN14B cellsAyako Ujike
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0818, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 764:463-70. 2015..H2S can activate both KATP and TRPA1 channels at a similar concentration range...
- Role of thermo TRPA1 and TRPV1 channels in heat, cold, and mechanical nociception of ratsIvliane Nozadze
Department of Neurophysiology, Beritashvili Center for Experimental Biomedicine, Tbilisi, Georgia
Behav Pharmacol 27:29-36. 2016..Recent findings in the field of pain have established a family of six thermo-TRP channels (TRPA1, TRPM8, TRPV1, TRPV2, TRPV3, and TRPV4) that exhibit sensitivity to increases or decreases in temperature, as well ..
- The role of TRPA1 in muscle pain and mechanical hypersensitivity under inflammatory conditions in ratsJ Asgar
University of Maryland School of Dentistry, Department of Neural and Pain Sciences, 650 W Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Neuroscience 310:206-15. 2015Transient receptor potential cation channel, subfamily A, member 1 (TRPA1) is expressed in muscle afferents and direct activation of these receptors induces acute mechanical hypersensitivity...
- Transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 that is induced in dorsal root ganglion neurons contributes to acute cold hypersensitivity after oxaliplatin administrationKen Yamamoto
Department of Medicinal Pharmacology, Showa Pharmaceutical University, 3 3165 Higashitamagawagakuen, Machida, Tokyo, 194 8543, Japan
Mol Pain 11:69. 2015..In the present study, we investigated the effects of oxaliplatin on transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) in dorsal root ganglion (DRG) neurons of rats.
- Estrogen-dependent up-regulation of TRPA1 and TRPV1 receptor proteins in the rat endometriumKrisztina Pohoczky
Department of Pharmacology and PharmacotherapyUniversity of Pécs Medical School, Szigeti Street 12, H 7624 Pecs, HungaryJanos Szentagothai Research CentreUniversity of Pécs, Ifjúság Street 20, H 7624 Pecs, HungaryDepartments of PathologyUniversity of Pécs Medical School, Szigeti Street 12, H 7624 Pecs, HungaryDepartment of PhysiologyUniversity of Pécs Medical School, Szigeti Street 12, H 7624 Pecs, HungaryDepartment of Pathophysiology and GerontologyUniversity of Pécs Medical School, Szigeti Street 12, H 7624 Pecs, HungaryMTA PTE NAP B Chronic Pain Research GroupHungary, Szigeti Street 12, H 7624 Pecs, HungaryInstitute of Animal ScienceCentre for Agricultural and Applied Economic Sciences, University of Debrecen, PO Box 36, H 4015 Debrecen, Hungary Department of Pharmacology and PharmacotherapyUniversity of Pécs Medical School, Szigeti Street 12, H 7624 Pecs, HungaryJanos Szentagothai Research CentreUniversity of Pécs, Ifjúság Street 20, H 7624 Pecs, HungaryDepartments of PathologyUniversity of Pécs Medical School, Szigeti Street 12, H 7624 Pecs, HungaryDepartment of PhysiologyUniversity of Pécs Medical School, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering
J Mol Endocrinol 56:135-49. 2016Transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) and vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) receptors expressed predominantly in sensory nerves are activated by inflammatory stimuli and mediate inflammation and pain...
- TNFα induces co-trafficking of TRPV1/TRPA1 in VAMP1-containing vesicles to the plasmalemma via Munc18-1/syntaxin1/SNAP-25 mediated fusionJianghui Meng
International Centre for Neurotherapeutics, Dublin City University, Glasnevin, Dublin 9, Ireland
Sci Rep 6:21226. 2016..Herein, TRPA1 and TRPV1 were found on vesicles containing calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), accumulated at sites of exo- ..
- Role of TRPA1 and TRPV1 in the ROS-dependent sensory irritation of superior laryngeal capsaicin-sensitive afferents by cigarette smoke in anesthetized ratsBi Yu Liu
Department of Physiology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 26:364-72. 2013Laryngeal exposure to cigarette smoke (CS) evokes sensory irritation, but the mechanisms are largely unclear. The TRPA1 and TRPV1 receptors are two types of Ca(2+)-permeant channels located at the terminals of airway capsaicin-sensitive ..
- The role of transient receptor potential A 1 (TRPA1) in the development and maintenance of carrageenan-induced hyperalgesiaIvan J M Bonet
Department of Functional and Structural Biology, Institute of Biology, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Neuropharmacology 65:206-12. 2013Transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) is a nonselective cation channel important in setting nociceptive threshold. It is expressed in nociceptive C-fibers and in non-neuronal cells involved in pro-inflammatory mediators' release...
- Hydrogen sulfide induces hypersensitivity of rat capsaicin-sensitive lung vagal neurons: role of TRPA1 receptorsChun Chun Hsu
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 305:R769-79. 2013..sulfide (H2S) is an endogenous mediator inducing hyperalgesia through transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) receptors located on nociceptors...
- The role of transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) receptor activation in hydrogen-sulphide-induced CGRP-release and vasodilationGabor Pozsgai
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pecs, H 7624, Pecs, Szigeti u 12, Hungary
Eur J Pharmacol 689:56-64. 2012Activation of transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) and vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) channels on capsaicin-sensitive sensory neurons causes release of inflammatory neuropeptides, including calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)...
- Mechanisms underlying transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1)-mediated hyperalgesia and edemaAndressa Perin-Martins
Department of Physiology, Laboratory of Pain Physiology, Division of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
J Peripher Nerv Syst 18:62-74. 2013The aim of this study was to investigate the mechanisms that contribute to hyperalgesia and edema induced by TRPA1 activation...
- TRPA1 is functionally expressed primarily by IB4-binding, non-peptidergic mouse and rat sensory neuronsMarie E Barabas
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e47988. 2012..CGRP expression and IB4-binding are commonly used to define peptidergic and non-peptidergic subpopulations. TRPA1 is a polymodal, plasma membrane ion channel that contributes to mechanical and cold hypersensitivity during tissue ..
- Recruitment of dynamic endothelial Ca2+ signals by the TRPA1 channel activator AITC in rat cerebral arteriesXun Qian
Department of Physiology, University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile, Alabama, USA
Microcirculation 20:138-48. 2013Stimulation of endothelial TRP channels, specifically TRPA1, promotes vasodilation of cerebral arteries through activation of Ca2+ -dependent effectors along the myoendothelial interface...
- Transcriptional and translational plasticity in rodent urinary bladder TRP channels with urinary bladder inflammation, bladder dysfunction, or postnatal maturationLiana Merrill
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Mol Neurosci 48:744-56. 2012..examined the transcriptional and translational plasticity of three transient receptor potential (TRP) channels (TRPA1, TRPV1, TRPV4) with established neuronal and non-neuronal expression and functional roles in the lower urinary ..
- Methylglyoxal activates nociceptors through transient receptor potential channel A1 (TRPA1): a possible mechanism of metabolic neuropathiesMirjam J Eberhardt
Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Universitaetsstrasse 17, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Biol Chem 287:28291-306. 2012..The electrophilic structure of this cytotoxic ketoaldehyde suggests TRPA1, a receptor channel deeply involved in inflammatory and neuropathic pain, as a molecular target...
- Expression of transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) and its role in insulin release from rat pancreatic beta cellsDe Shou Cao
Department of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e38005. 2012..Here, we demonstrate the expression of the transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) ion channel in the pancreatic beta cells and its role in insulin release...
- Transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 ion channel contributes to guarding pain and mechanical hypersensitivity in a rat model of postoperative painHong Wei
Institute of Biomedicine Physiology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Anesthesiology 117:137-48. 2012The transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) ion channel is expressed on nociceptive primary afferent nerve fibers...
- Transient receptor potential A1 is involved in cold-induced contraction in the isolated rat colon smooth muscleYang Dong
Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Complex Prescription Experimental Teaching Centre, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 62:349-56. 2010..The aims of this study were to determine if TRPA1 contributed to cold-induced contractions in the isolated rat colon preparations and explore the potential ..
- TRPV1, TRPA1, and CB1 in the isolated vagus nerve--axonal chemosensitivity and control of neuropeptide releaseK Weller
Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Neuropeptides 45:391-400. 2011Vagal sensory afferents innervating airways and abdominal tissues express TRPV1 and TRPA1, two depolarizing calcium permeable ion channels playing a major role in sensing environmental irritants and endogenous metabolites which cause ..
- Activation of p38 MAPK through transient receptor potential A1 in a rat model of gastric distension-induced visceral painTakashi Kondo
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Department of Internal Medicine, Hyogo College of Medicine, Hyogo, Japan
Neuroreport 24:68-72. 2013..On the basis of these results, the aim of this study was to investigate the involvement of p38 and TRPA1 in acute visceral pain. Male Sprague-Dawley rats were used...
- Warmth suppresses and desensitizes damage-sensing ion channel TRPA1Sen Wang
Department of Neural and Pain Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Mol Pain 8:22. 2012..Recent studies revealed that the transient receptor potential A1 (TRPA1) channel is activated by a wide variety of substances that are released following tissue damage to evoke ..
- Activation of TRPA1 on dural afferents: a potential mechanism of headache painRebecca M Edelmayer
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Pain 153:1949-58. 2012Activation of transient receptor potential ankyrin-1 (TRPA1) on meningeal nerve endings has been suggested to contribute to environmental irritant-induced headache, but this channel may also contribute to other forms of headache, such as ..
- Inhibiting TRPA1 ion channel reduces loss of cutaneous nerve fiber function in diabetic animals: sustained activation of the TRPA1 channel contributes to the pathogenesis of peripheral diabetic neuropathyAri Koivisto
Orion Corporation, OrionPharma, Finland
Pharmacol Res 65:149-58. 2012..Here we test the hypothesis that the transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) ion channel on primary afferent nerve fibers is involved in the pathogenesis of PDN, due to sustained activation ..
- Activation of TRPV1 and TRPA1 leads to muscle nociception and mechanical hyperalgesiaJin Y Ro
University of Maryland Baltimore School of Dentistry, Program in Neuroscience, Department of Neural and Pain Sciences, 650 W Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Pain 144:270-7. 2009The involvement of TRPV1 and TRPA1 in mediating craniofacial muscle nociception and mechanical hyperalgesia was investigated in male Sprague-Dawley rats...
- The mechanosensitive cell line ND-C does not express functional thermoTRP channelsFrancois Rugiero
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, University College London, Cruciform Building, London, UK
Neuropharmacology 56:1138-46. 2009..Furthermore, transfecting ND-C cells with the candidate mechanotransducer channel TRPA1 does not increase MA current amplitudes, despite TRPA1 being functionally expressed at the plasma membrane...
- Endothelium-dependent cerebral artery dilation mediated by TRPA1 and Ca2+-Activated K+ channelsScott Earley
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1680, USA
Circ Res 104:987-94. 2009..The sole member of the ankyrin (A) transient receptor potential (TRP) subfamily, TRPA1, is a Ca(2+)-permeable nonselective cation channel activated by electrophilic compounds such as acrolein (tear gas)..
- Primary afferents with TRPM8 and TRPA1 profiles target distinct subpopulations of rat superficial dorsal horn neuronesPaul J Wrigley
Pain Management Research Institute, Kolling Institute, Level 13, University of Sydney at Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, NSW 2065, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 157:371-80. 2009..TRP) channels, transient receptor potential melastatin-1 (TRPM8) and transient receptor potential ankyrin-1 (TRPA1), are expressed in subpopulations of sensory neurones and have been proposed to mediate innocuous and noxious cold ..
- Functional expression of thermo-transient receptor potential channels in dental primary afferent neurons: implication for tooth painChul Kyu Park
Department of Physiology and Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience Program, College of Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, Seoul National University, 28 2 Yeongeon Dong Chongno Ku, Seoul 110 749
J Biol Chem 281:17304-11. 2006..Single cell reverse transcription-PCR and immunohistochemistry revealed expression of TRPV1, TRPM8, and TRPA1 in subsets of such neurons...
- TRPA1 regulates gastrointestinal motility through serotonin release from enterochromaffin cellsKatsura Nozawa
Drug Discovery Research, Astellas Pharma Inc, 21 Miyukigaoka, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8585, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:3408-13. 2009..Here, we demonstrate that the transient receptor potential (TRP) cation channel TRPA1, which is activated by pungent compounds or cold temperature, is highly expressed in EC cells...
- Functional TRP and ASIC-like channels in cultured urothelial cells from the ratF Aura Kullmann
Dept of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, Univ of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, E 1340 Biomedical Science Tower, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 296:F892-901. 2009..The TRPV4 agonist 4alpha-phorbol-12,13 didecanoate (4alpha-PDD; 1-5 microM) and the TRPA1/TRPM8 agonist icilin (50-100 microM) elicited transient currents in a high percentage of cells (>70%)...
- Impairment by activation of TRPA1 of gastric epithelial restitution in a wound model using RGM1 cell monolayerS Hayashi
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Yamashina, Kyoto 607 8414, Japan
Inflammopharmacology 15:218-22. 2007We examined the influence of TRPA1 on the epithelial restitution using a rat gastric epithelial cell line RGM1 monolayer...
- Differential expression of capsaicin-, menthol-, and mustard oil-sensitive receptors in naive rat geniculate ganglion neuronsHirokazu Katsura
Department of Otolaryngology, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
Chem Senses 31:681-8. 2006..Capsaicin-, menthol-, and mustard oil-sensitive receptors are TRPV1, TRPM8, and TRPA1, respectively...
- Noxious cold stimulation induces mitogen-activated protein kinase activation in transient receptor potential (TRP) channels TRPA1- and TRPM8-containing small sensory neuronsT Mizushima
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
Neuroscience 140:1337-48. 2006Two cold-sensitive transient receptor potential (TRP) channels, TRPA1 and TRPM8, have been identified and considered interesting because of their possible roles in thermosensation, nociception and other functions...
- Transient receptor potential A1 channel contributes to activation of the muscle reflexSatoshi Koba
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 300:H201-13. 2011This study was undertaken to elucidate the role played by transient receptor potential A1 channels (TRPA1) in activating the muscle reflex, a sympathoexcitatory drive originating in contracting muscle...
- Transient receptor potential A1 increase glutamate release on brain stem neuronsBoram Sun
Department of Physiology and Medical Research Center, School of Medicine, Graduate School, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Neuroreport 20:1002-6. 2009..b>TRPA1 ligands are found as common ingredients of pungent spices and can trigger autonomic reflexes and alter blood ..
- TRPA1 agonists delay gastric emptying in rats through serotonergic pathwaysHitoshi Doihara
Pharmacology Laboratories, Drug Discovery Research, Astellas Pharma, 21 Miyukigaoka, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 380:353-7. 2009Our recent study found that TRPA1 is highly expressed in enterochromaffin cells and that stimulation of these cells with TRPA1 agonists enhances 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) secretion in vitro...
- Transient receptor potential channel A1 and noxious cold responses in rat cutaneous nociceptorsJ P Dunham
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Bristol, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, Bristol, UK
Neuroscience 165:1412-9. 2010The role of transient receptor potential channel A1 (TRPA1) in noxious cold sensation remains unclear. Some data support the hypothesis that TRPA1 is a transducer of noxious cold whilst other data contest it...
- Heavy metals zinc, cadmium, and copper stimulate pulmonary sensory neurons via direct activation of TRPA1Qihai Gu
Department of Physiology, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 108:891-7. 2010..Transient receptor potential A1 (TRPA1) is selectively expressed in a subpopulation of pulmonary C-fiber afferents and has been considered as a major ..
- Activations of TRPA1 and P2X receptors are important in ROS-mediated stimulation of capsaicin-sensitive lung vagal afferents by cigarette smoke in ratsYou Shuei Lin
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Department of Physiology, School of Respiratory Therapy, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, and Neuroscience Research Center, Department of Respiratory Therapy, Taipei Medical University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Appl Physiol (1985) 108:1293-303. 2010..was prevented by N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC; an antioxidant), HC-030031 [a transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) receptor antagonist], and iso-pyridoxalphosphate-6-azophenyl-2',5'-disulfonate (iso-PPADS; a P2X receptor ..
- Transient receptor potential vanilloid-1 (TRPV1) and ankyrin-1 (TRPA1) participate in visceral hyperalgesia in chronic water avoidance stress rat modelYan Bo Yu
Department of Gastroenterology, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, 250012, Jinan, People s Republic of China
Neurochem Res 35:797-803. 2010..In the present study, we aimed to examine the involvement of TRPV1 and TRPA1 in the stress-induced visceral hyperalgesia...
- Contribution of TRPV1-TRPA1 interaction to the single channel properties of the TRPA1 channelAlexander Staruschenko
Department of Physiology and Kidney Disease Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226 0509, USA
J Biol Chem 285:15167-77. 2010Several lines of evidence suggest that TRPA1 and TRPV1 mutually control the transduction of inflammation-induced noxious stimuli in sensory neurons. It was recently shown that certain TRPA1 properties are modulated by TRPV1...
- TRPA1-expressing primary afferents synapse with a morphologically identified subclass of substantia gelatinosa neurons in the adult rat spinal cordDaisuke Uta
Department of Integrative Physiology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 31:1960-73. 2010The TRPA1 channel has been proposed to be a molecular transducer of cold and inflammatory nociceptive signals...
- Role of transient receptor potential A1 in gastric nociceptionTakashi Kondo
Division of Upper Gastroenterology, Hyogo College of Medicine, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
Digestion 82:150-5. 2010..b>TRPA1 was coexpressed with ERK1/2 in gastric primary afferent neurons, and attenuation of TRPA1 activation using ..
- Inhibition of TRPA1 channel activity in sensory neurons by the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor family member, arteminNaoki Yoshida
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Hyogo University of Health Sciences, Kobe, Hyogo 650 8530, Japan
Mol Pain 7:41. 2011The transient receptor potential (TRP) channel subtype A1 (TRPA1) is known to be expressed on sensory neurons and respond to changes in temperature, pH and local application of certain noxious chemicals such as allyl isothiocyanate (AITC)..
- TRPA1 receptor modulation attenuates bladder overactivity induced by spinal cord injuryEdinéia Lemos Andrade
Department of Pharmacology, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, Santa Catarina SC, Brazil
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 300:F1223-34. 2011The ankyrin-repeat transient receptor potential 1 (TRPA1) has been implicated in pathological conditions of the bladder, but its role in overactive bladder (OAB) following spinal cord injury (SCI) remains unknown...
- Transient receptor potential (TRP) A1 activated currents in TRPV1 and cholecystokinin-sensitive cranial visceral afferent neuronsMyung Jin Choi
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Brain Res 1383:36-42. 2011..b>TRPA1 channel have also been identified on cranial visceral afferent neurons but their distribution and functional ..
- Mechanisms of Nociceptive Neuronal PlasticityARMEN AKOPIAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- INTERACTIONS OF TRPV1 AND TRPA1 AND INFLAMMATORY PAINArmen N Akopian; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this application, we propose to test the primary hypothesis that a functional interaction between TRPA1 and TRPV1 channels plays a key role in the integration of inflammation-induced stimuli by sensory neurons...
- TRPM4 Channels in the Control of Cerebral Artery ToneScott Earley; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is anticipated that these studies will generate significant new information regarding the role of mechanosensitive cation channels in the regulation of VSM membrane potential and the regulation of cerebral blood flow. ..
- Brainstem Mechanisms of Craniofacial Muscle PainJIN RO; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..