Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tnfrsf1b
Description: TNF receptor superfamily member 1B
Alias: Tnfr2, tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 1B, TNF-R2, TNF-RII, TNFR-II, p75, p80 TNF-alpha receptor, tumor necrosis factor receptor 2, tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, member 1b, tumor necrosis factor receptor type II
- Upregulation of TNF receptor type 2 in human and experimental renal allograft rejectionU Hoffmann
Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Am J Transplant 9:675-86. 2009An important role of TNF interacting with TNFR2 has been shown in different models of ischemic, nephrotoxic and immune-mediated renal injury...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha modulates the expression of its p60 receptor and several cytokines in rat tracheal epithelial cellsT Bader
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park NC 27709, USA
J Immunol 157:3089-96. 1996..These findings suggest that the airway epithelium may actively participate in the pathogenesis of airway inflammation through the production of mediators similar to those found in a Th1 response...
- The differential contribution of tumour necrosis factor to thermal and mechanical hyperalgesia during chronic inflammationJulia J Inglis
Bone and Joint Research Unit, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, John Vane Science Centre, London, UK
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R807-16. 2005..Joint inflammation was associated with increased TNFR1 and TNFR2 expression on DRG cells, which was maintained throughout the time course of the model...
- Renal cell-expressed TNF receptor 2, not receptor 1, is essential for the development of glomerulonephritisVolker Vielhauer
Center of Excellence in Vascular Biology, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 115:1199-209. 2005..and immunosuppressive properties that may segregate at the level of the 2 TNF receptors (TNFRs), TNFR1 and TNFR2. TNFR1-deficient mice subjected to immune complex-mediated glomerulonephritis developed less proteinuria and ..
- Axonal transport of TNF-alpha in painful neuropathy: distribution of ligand tracer and TNF receptorsV I Shubayev
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093 0629, USA
J Neuroimmunol 114:48-56. 2001..These findings highlight a dynamic process of TNF-alpha protein and receptor regulation throughout the peripheral neural axis that bears on both the normal function of DRG neurons and the pathogenesis of painful neuropathies...
- Tumor necrosis factor signalingH Wajant
Institute of Cell Biology and Immunology, University of Stuttgart, Allmandring, Germany
Cell Death Differ 10:45-65. 2003..In particular, the multiple facets of crosstalk between the various signalling pathways engaged by TNF will be addressed...
- Cell-specific expression and lipopolysaccharide-induced regulation of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) and TNF receptors in rat dorsal root ganglionYanzhang Li
Department of Molecular Neuroscience, Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Philipps University Marburg, 35033 Marburg, Germany
J Neurosci 24:9623-31. 2004..Therefore, we differentiated the neuronal and non-neuronal sites of TNFalpha, TNFR1, and TNFR2 mRNA synthesis in dorsal root ganglion (DRG) of control rats and evaluated how their expression is altered under ..
- Modulation of Voltage-Gated Sodium Channels by Activation of Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor-1 and Receptor-2 in Small DRG Neurons of RatsM Leo
Department of Neurology, University of Duisburg Essen, Germany
Mediators Inflamm 2015:124942. 2015..The effects of TNFR activation on VGSCs promote excitation in primary afferent neurons and this might explain the sensitization mechanisms associated with neuropathic and inflammatory pain...
- A functional haplotype in the 3'untranslated region of TNFRSF1B is associated with tuberculosis in two African populationsMarlo Möller
Molecular Biology and Human Genetics, MRC Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology and DST NRF Centre of Excellence for Biomedical TB Research, Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 181:388-93. 2010..The pleiotropic cytokine tumor necrosis factor-alpha is essential to control tuberculosis infection, and various tumor necrosis factor family members and their respective receptors may contribute to tuberculosis risk...
- Neuroprotection with a brain-penetrating biologic tumor necrosis factor inhibitorQing Hui Zhou
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 339:618-23. 2011..In conclusion, a biologic TNF inhibitor is neuroprotective after intravenous administration in a mouse model of neurodegeneration, providing that the TNF decoy receptor is reengineered to cross the BBB...
- Circulating TNF receptors 1 and 2 predict stage 3 CKD in type 1 diabetesTomohito Gohda
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:516-24. 2012Elevated plasma concentrations of TNF receptors 1 and 2 (TNFR1 and TNFR2) predict development of ESRD in patients with type 2 diabetes without proteinuria, suggesting these markers may contribute to the pathogenesis of renal decline...
- The thalidomide analgesic effect is associated with differential TNF-α receptor expression in the dorsal horn of the spinal cord as studied in a rat model of neuropathic painPablo Andrade
Department of Neuroscience, Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Brain Res 1450:24-32. 2012..were collected from animals that were sacrificed at 2 weeks and 4 weeks after surgery, and analyzed for TNFR1 and TNFR2 mRNA levels by qPCR and protein levels by Western blot...
- Role of TNFR1 and TNFR2 receptors in tubulointerstitial fibrosis of obstructive nephropathyG Guo
Department of Internal Medicine and the Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine at Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110 1092, USA
Am J Physiol 277:F766-72. 1999..Mice in which individual TNF-alpha receptors TNFR1 or TNFR2 had been genetically knocked out were used, and results were compared with mice of C57Bl/6 background after 5 days ..
- Differences between tumor necrosis factor-α receptors types 1 and 2 in the modulation of spinal glial cell activation and mechanical allodynia in a rat sciatic nerve injury modelTetsuhiro Ishikawa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 38:11-6. 2013Immunohistological analysis of spinal glial cells and analysis of pain behavior in the rat neuropathic pain model were investigated to clarify the function of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α receptors p55 type 1 and p75 type 2.
- Serum concentrations of markers of TNFalpha and Fas-mediated pathways and renal function in nonproteinuric patients with type 1 diabetesMonika A Niewczas
Research Division of Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:62-70. 2009..The aim of our study was to examine serum markers of the TNF and Fas pathways for association with cystatin-C based estimated glomerular filtration rate (cC-GFR) in subjects with type 1 diabetes (T1DM) and no proteinuria...
- Mechanisms of immune complex-mediated experimental glomerulonephritis: possible role of the balance between endogenous TNF and soluble TNF receptor type 2Eva Pfeifer
Department of Immunology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Eur Cytokine Netw 23:15-20. 2012..Mice lacking the TNF receptor type 2 (TNFR2) were protected from early proteinuria and enhanced mortality...
- Correlation between serum levels of soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor and disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosusD Aderka
Department of Medicine T, Ichilov Hospital, Tel Aviv, Israel
Arthritis Rheum 36:1111-20. 1993....
- Decrease in tumor necrosis factor-alpha receptor-associated death domain results from ubiquitin-dependent degradation in obstructive renal injury in ratsTaro Misaki
Department of Health and Nutritional Sciences, Faculty of Health Promotional Sciences, Hamamatsu University, Hamamatsu, Japan
Am J Pathol 175:74-83. 2009..Two TNFalpha receptors (TNFRs), TNFR1 and TNFR2, are known to exist...
- Expression of tumor necrosis factor receptors on granulocytes in patients with myeloperoxidase anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody-associated vasculitisMidori Hasegawa
Department of Nephrology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Nephron Clin Pract 113:c222-33. 2009..necrosis factor (TNF) receptors in patients with myeloperoxidase (MPO)-anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis, we evaluated the cell surface expression of TNF receptor 1 (TNFR1) and TNF receptor 2 (TNFR2).
- TNF-α type 2 receptor mediates renal inflammatory response to chronic angiotensin II administration with high salt intake in micePurnima Singh
Department of Physiology, Hypertension and Renal Center of Excellence, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 304:F991-9. 2013....
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor expression and signaling in renal cell carcinomaRafia S Al-Lamki
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Am J Pathol 177:943-54. 2010..activates apoptotic signaling kinase 1 and nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) and induces cell death, whereas TNFR2, inducibly expressed on endothelial cells and on TECs by injury, activates endothelial/epithelial tyrosine kinase (..
- TNFR2 interposes the proliferative and NF-κB-mediated inflammatory response by podocytes to TNF-αLeslie A Bruggeman
Department of Medicine and Rammelkamp Center for Education and Research, MetroHealth Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA
Lab Invest 91:413-25. 2011The development of proliferative podocytopathies has been linked to ligation of tumor necrosis factor receptor 2 (TNFR2) expressed on the renal parenchyma; however, the TNFR2-positive cells within the kidney responsible for podocyte ..
- [Effect of intra-articular ozone injection on serum and synovial TNF-α, TNFR I, and TNFR II contents in rats with rheumatoid arthritis]Bin Yu
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 31:1055-8. 2011..at different concentrations on the contents of tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α), TNF receptor I (TNFR I), and TNFR II in the serum and synovium of rats with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and explore the therapeutic mechanism of ozone ..
- Opposing actions of hippocampus TNFα receptors on limbic seizure susceptibilityMarc S Weinberg
Gene Therapy Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Exp Neurol 247:429-37. 2013..limbic seizures the rat hippocampus exhibited a rapid upregulation of TNFR1, but a simultaneous downregulation of TNFR2. These limbic seizures also evoked significant increases in measures of neuroinflammation and caused significant ..
- The role of tumor necrosis factor-α and TNF-α receptors in cerebral arteries following cerebral ischemia in ratAida Maddahi
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Experimental Vascular Research, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Neuroinflammation 8:107. 2011..TNF-α acts by binding to its receptors, TNF-R1 (p55) and TNF-R2 (p75), on the cell surface...
- Circulating TNF receptors 1 and 2 predict ESRD in type 2 diabetesMonika A Niewczas
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:507-15. 2012..Of the examined markers, only TNF receptors 1 and 2 (TNFR1 and TNFR2) associated with risk for ESRD...
- The effect of intra-articular injection of different concentrations of ozone on the level of TNF-α, TNF-R1, and TNF-R2 in rats with rheumatoid arthritisHuiqiang Chen
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China
Rheumatol Int 33:1223-7. 2013..This mechanism is probably mediated by down-regulating synovial TNF-α and TNF-R2 and up-regulating TNF-R1 in the joint...
- Serum cytokine profile in patients with active lupus nephritisKatrin Franzika Koenig
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Cytokine 60:410-6. 2012..Therefore, the aim of this study was to determine the diagnostic value of a panel of serum cytokines in patients with active lupus nephritis...
- Anti-tumor necrosis factor α treatment of interferon-α-induced murine lupus nephritis reduces the renal macrophage response but does not alter glomerular immune complex formationRamalingam Bethunaickan
Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:3399-408. 2012..To analyze the mechanism for the therapeutic effects of tumor necrosis factor α (TNFα) inhibition in a murine model of systemic lupus erythematosus...
- [Interleukin-6, tumor necrosis factor alpha and their soluble receptors in Bence-Jones nephropathy. Possible role in pathogenesis andthe importance in the determination of prognosis in renal insufficiency]I Spicka
I interní klinika I, Praha
Cas Lek Cesk 137:267-70. 1998..We have investigated the levels of interleukin-6 (IL-6), tumour nekrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) and their soluble receptors in patients with plasmocytoma...
- The association of serum lipids and inflammatory biomarkers with renal function in men with type II diabetes mellitusJ Lin
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Kidney Int 69:336-42. 2006....
- [Prognostic values of serum concentration and urinary excretion of interleukin-1 receptor antagonist and tumor necrosis factor receptors type I and II in patients with IGA nephropathy]Rafal Zwiech
Klinika Nefrologii, Hipertensjologii i Transplantologii Nerek UM w Lodzi
Pol Arch Med Wewn 113:326-33. 2005..Those assessments may be helpful as a part of initial screening in patients with IgA nephritis and heavy proteinuria. In contrast the evaluation of both serum and urinary TNF RI and II seems to have no predictive value...
- Predictive and pathogenetic value of plasma biomarkers for acute kidney injury in patients with acute lung injuryKathleen D Liu
Division of Nephrology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Crit Care Med 35:2755-61. 2007..To identify biological and clinical predictors of acute kidney injury in subjects with acute lung injury...
- Elevated serum levels of the type I and type II receptors for tumor necrosis factor-alpha as predictive factors for ARF in patients with septic shockJose Iglesias
Department of Internal Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine, Neptune, NJ, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 41:62-75. 2003..Acute renal failure (ARF), a common and serious complication in patients with septic shock, has high mortality. Recent data suggest that proinflammatory cytokines may contribute to sepsis-associated ARF...
- TNFR2-mediated apoptosis and necrosis in cisplatin-induced acute renal failureGanesan Ramesh
Division of Nephrology, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 285:F610-8. 2003..In this study, we examined the effect of cisplatin on the expression of TNF receptors TNFR1 and TNFR2 in the kidney and the role of each receptor in mediating cisplatin nephrotoxicity...
- Inflammatory profile and response to anti-tumor necrosis factor therapy in patients with chronic pulmonary sarcoidosisMatthew J Loza
Department of Biomarkers, Centocor Research and Development, Inc, 145 King of Prussia Road, Radnor, PA 19087, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 18:931-9. 2011..This study supports the need for further exploration of anti-TNF therapy for chronic sarcoidosis patients, particularly for those expressing the highest serum levels of TNF-α...
- Tumor necrosis factor-α antagonist reduces apoptosis of neurons and oligodendroglia in rat spinal cord injuryKe Bing Chen
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 36:1350-8. 2011..To examine the effects of a tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α antagonist (etanercept) on rat spinal cord injury and identify a possible mechanism for its action...
- Changes in cardiac structure in hypertension produced by placental ischemia in pregnant rats: effect of tumor necrosis factor blockadeJolanta Gutkowska
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Biochemistry, Research Centre, Centre hospitalier de l Université de Montréal CRCHUM Hôtel Dieu, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Hypertens 29:1203-12. 2011..In this study we investigated the hypothesis that placental ischemia in pregnant rat, a model of preeclampsia, stimulates cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis via a TNF-α-dependent mechanism...
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha pathways develops liver apoptosis in type 1 diabetes mellitusPaola I Ingaramo
Institute of Experimental Physiology CONICET, Faculty of Biochemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences National University of Rosario, Rosario, Argentina
Mol Immunol 48:1397-407. 2011..Overall, we demonstrated that in the diabetes enhances TNF-α in the liver, which may be a fundamental key leading to apoptotic cell death, through activation of caspase-8, NFκB and JNK pathways...
- The levels of nitric oxide and asymmetric dimethylarginine in the rat endometriosis modelTuncer Cayci
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 37:1041-7. 2011..To investigate the levels of nitric oxide (NO) and asymmetric dimethylarginine (ADMA) in all the rat endometriosis models...
- Treatment of experimental adjuvant arthritis with a novel folate receptor-targeted folic acid-aminopterin conjugateYingjuan Lu
Endocyte, Inc, 3000 Kent Avenue, West Lafayette, IN 47906, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R56. 2011..To target such a macrophage population, we designed and evaluated the biologic activity of EC0746, a novel folic acid conjugate of the highly potent antifolate, aminopterin...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha mediates photoreceptor death in a rodent model of retinal detachmentToru Nakazawa
Department of Ophthalmology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:1384-91. 2011..In this study, the role of TNFα in RD-induced photoreceptor degeneration was investigated...
- Tumour necrosis factor-α and its receptors in the beneficial effects of vagal stimulation after myocardial infarction in ratsShan Shan Kong
Department of Pharmacology, Xi an Jiaotong University, College of Medicine, Xi an, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 38:300-6. 2011..of LV pressure, higher LDH and CK leakage, a larger infarct size, increased TNF-α levels and an increased TNFR1/TNFR2 ratio...
- Moxibustion treatment restoring the intestinal epithelium barrier in rats with Crohn's disease by down-regulating tumor necrosis factor alpha, tumor necrosis factor receptor 1, and tumor necrosis factor receptor 2Yin Shi
Shanghai Institute of Acupuncture Moxibustion and Meridians, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, 200030, China
Chin J Integr Med 17:212-7. 2011..whether moxibustion regulates tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α), tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1), and TNFR2 in the intestinal mucosa and to explore whether moxibustion could be used by means of this mechanism, to repair ..
- Efficacy of etanercept on rheumatic signs and pulmonary function tests in advanced ankylosing spondylitis: results of a randomised double-blind placebo-controlled study (SPINE)M Dougados
Paris Descartes University, UPRES EA 4058, and APHP, Rheumatology B Department, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
Ann Rheum Dis 70:799-804. 2011..This placebo-controlled study evaluated the effect of etanercept (ETN) in patients with advanced AS...
- Lipopolysaccharide signaling in the carotid chemoreceptor pathway of rats with sepsis syndromeRicardo Fernandez
Departamento de Ciencias Biologicas, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas y Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Andres Bello, Santiago, Chile
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 175:336-48. 2011..These results show a novel afferent pathway to the central nervous system during endotoxemia, and could be relevant in understanding sepsis pathophysiology and therapy...
- Sources of alveolar soluble TNF receptors during acute lung injury of different etiologiesAnthony D Dorr
Section of Anaesthetics, Pain Medicine, and Intensive Care, Imperial College London, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, 369 Fulham Rd, London SW10 9NH, UK
J Appl Physiol (1985) 111:177-84. 2011..acute intra-alveolar inflammation, but minimal alveolar epithelial permeability changes, with increased BALF sTNFR p75, but not p55. Increased p75 levels were markedly attenuated by alveolar macrophage depletion...
- Robust and comprehensive analysis of 20 osteoporosis candidate genes by very high-density single-nucleotide polymorphism screen among 405 white nuclear families identified significant association and gene-gene interactionDong Hai Xiong
Osteoporosis Research Center and Department of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
J Bone Miner Res 21:1678-95. 2006..Our efforts led to the prioritization of those osteoporosis genes and the detection of gene-gene interactions...
- TNF receptors in Kupffer cellsMaria Georgiadou
Liver Research Laboratory, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
J Recept Signal Transduct Res 31:291-8. 2011..We, therefore, tested the hypothesis that somatostatin modulates the expression of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF?) receptors and apoptosis of KC...
- Expression of tumour necrosis factor receptors by bronchoalveolar cells in hypersensitivity pneumonitisB Chen
Ruhrlandklinik, Tuschener Weg 40, 45239 Essen, Germany
Eur Respir J 25:1039-43. 2005..In conclusion, this study shows evidence of altered expression of tumour necrosis factor superfamily receptors in hypersensitivity pneumonitis...
- Expression of the type 1 and type 2 receptors for tumor necrosis factor after traumatic spinal cord injury in adult ratsPing Yan
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Exp Neurol 183:286-97. 2003..The effect of TNF-alpha is mediated through its receptors TNFR1 (p55) and TNFR2 (p75). However, whether these two receptors are expressed after SCI has not been demonstrated...
- In situ localization of TNFalpha/beta, TACE and TNF receptors TNF-R1 and TNF-R2 in control and LPS-treated lung tissueM Ermert
Department of Pathology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Langhansstr 10, 35385 Giessen, Germany
Cytokine 22:89-100. 2003....
- Effect of endotoxin on expression of TNF receptors and transport of TNF-alpha at the blood-brain barrier of the ratB Osburg
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Amarillo, Texas 79106, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 283:E899-908. 2002..Saturable transport, requiring the p80 receptor, occurs at concentrations encountered under pathophysiological conditions and therefore constitutes a relevant mechanism of communication between the immune system and the brain...
- Requirement for tumor necrosis factor receptor 2 expression on vascular cells to induce experimental cerebral malariaBenjamin Stoelcker
Institute of Pathology Tumor Immunology, University of Regensburg, 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Infect Immun 70:5857-9. 2002Using tumor necrosis factor receptor type 2 (TNFR2)-deficient mice and generating bone marrow chimeras which express TNFR2 on either hematopoietic or nonhematopoietic cells, we demonstrated the requirement for TNFR2 expression on tissue ..
- Ozone-induced lung inflammation and hyperreactivity are mediated via tumor necrosis factor-alpha receptorsH Y Cho
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, The Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 280:L537-46. 2001..mice with targeted disruption (knockout) of the genes for the p55 TNF receptor [TNFR1(-/-)], the p75 TNF receptor [TNFR2(-/-)], or both receptors [TNFR1/TNFR2(-/-)] were exposed to 0...
- Serum levels of soluble receptors for tumor necrosis factor (p55 and p75 sTNFr) in endometrial cancerA Gadducci
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Pisa, Italy
Anticancer Res 16:3125-8. 1996The pretreatment serum levels of the soluble receptors for tumor necrosis factor (p55 and p75 sTNFr) were retrospectively measured in 38 patients with endometrial cancer and 55 patients with benign uterine diseases as controls...
- Increased serum levels of soluble receptors for tumor necrosis factor in cancer patientsD Aderka
Department of Medicine, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Cancer Res 51:5602-7. 1991..The mean +/- SD concentrations of both the soluble type I (p55) and type II (p75) receptors were significantly higher in the cancer patients than in the healthy controls: 1.96 +/- 1.19 versus 0...
- Lipopolysaccharide-induced upregulation of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) and TNF receptors in rat sciatic nerveYouhua Wang
The Jiangsu Province Key Lab of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, Nantong, 226001, People s Republic of China
J Mol Neurosci 32:207-16. 2007..Therefore, we focused our study on TNF-alpha, TNFR1, and TNFR2 protein synthesis and expression patterns in sciatic nerve of controls and rats under systemic challenge with LPS...
- The expression of tumor necrosis factor-alpha, its receptors and steroidogenic acute regulatory protein during corpus luteum regressionMichael Abdo
School of Anatomy and Human Biology, The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, Western Australia 6009, Australia
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 6:50. 2008..Previous studies suggest this process occurs by the production of luteolytic factors, such as tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha)...
- The impact of soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor etanercept on the treatment of idiopathic pneumonia syndrome after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationGregory A Yanik
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Blood 112:3073-81. 2008..The combination of etanercept and corticosteroids is safe and is associated with high response rates and improved survival in patients with IPS...
- Quantification of the mRNA encoding Tumor Necrosis Factor alpha (TNFalpha) and its receptors in human nasal polypsB Rostkowska-Nadolska
Department of Otolaryngology, Wroclaw Medical University, Wroclaw, Poland
Adv Med Sci 53:263-9. 2008..The object of the study was to assess the expression of the genes encoding TNFalpha and its receptors (TNF-R1 and TNF-R2) in patients with nasal polyps (NP)...
- Endogenous tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) requires TNF receptor type 2 to generate heat hyperalgesia in a mouse cancer modelCristina E Constantin
Division of Physiology, Department of Physiology and Medical Physics, Innsbruck Medical University, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Neurosci 28:5072-81. 2008..Deletion of the tumor necrosis factor receptor type 2 (TNFR2) gene attenuated heat hyperalgesia and prevented TRPV1 upregulation in tumor-bearing mice, whereas TNFR1 gene ..
- Bronchospasm associated with anti-TNF treatmentS Dubey
Heart of England NHS Trust, Netherwood House, Solihull Hospital, Lode Lane, Solihull B91 2JL, UK
Clin Rheumatol 28:989-92. 2009..The frequency and severity of bronchospasm appears to be greater than previously anticipated, all three anti-TNF agents appear to be implicated...
- TNF-alpha as an autocrine mediator and its role in the activation of Schwann cellsYongwei Qin
Key Laboratory for Neuroregeneration of JiangSu Province, Nantong University, 19 Qixiu Road, Nantong, Jiangsu 226001, PR China
Neurochem Res 33:1077-84. 2008..TNF-alpha exhibits its biological effect through two distinct surface receptors, TNF receptor 1 (TNFR1) and TNFR2. We show here that cultured SCs express both TNFR1 and TNFR2, and that activation of these receptors by TNF-alpha ..
- Vesicular monoamine transporter 2 and dopamine transporter are molecular targets of Pitx3 in the ventral midbrain dopamine neuronsDong Youn Hwang
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Belmont, MA, USA
J Neurochem 111:1202-12. 2009....
- Enzymatic-nonenzymatic cellular antioxidant defense systems response and immunohistochemical detection of MDMA, VMAT2, HSP70, and apoptosis as biomarkers for MDMA (Ecstasy) neurotoxicityIrene Riezzo
Department of Forensic Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Foggia, Foggia, Italy
J Neurosci Res 88:905-16. 2010..Cortical positivity, located in the most superficial layer was revealed only for heat shock protein 70 after 24 hr...
- Circulating levels of TNF-alpha and its soluble receptors in the plasma of patients with epithelial ovarian cancerBozena Dobrzycka
Department of Gynecological and Obstetrical Nursing, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Eur Cytokine Netw 20:131-4. 2009..Thus, the clinical value of an activated TNF system in EOC needs to be further investigated...
- Lack of soluble tumor necrosis factor alpha receptor 1 and 2 and interleukin-1beta compartmentalization in lungs of mice after a single intratracheal inoculation with live Porphyromonas gingivalisAna Nemec
Veterinary Faculty, Small Animal Clinic, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Exp Lung Res 35:605-20. 2009..Development of pneumonia is dependent on the P. gingivalis dose; however, part of the cytokine response is unique to the systemic compartment, even in animals that do not develop pneumonia...
- Plasma concentrations of TNF-alpha and its soluble receptors sTNFR1 and sTNFR2 in patients with coronary artery diseaseK Safranow
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Chemistry, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Tissue Antigens 74:386-92. 2009..Metabolic syndrome and diabetes are associated with higher plasma concentrations of TNF-alpha and its receptors...
- Early subcutaneous administration of etanercept (Enbrel) prevents from hyperoxia-induced lung injuryFlorian Guthmann
Klinik für Neonatologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Exp Lung Res 35:770-80. 2009..Here, the authors show that a single subcutaneous pretreatment of rat with etanercept, a recombinant p75 TNF receptor 2 human immunoglobulin G1 (IgG1) construct, inhibits the hyperoxia-induced and TNFalpha-mediated ..
- The role of TNF-alpha and its receptors in the production of beta-1,4 galactosyltransferase I and V mRNAs by rat primary astrocytesMeijuan Yan
The Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, Nantong, Jiangsu Province, PR China
J Mol Neurosci 33:155-62. 2007..TNF-alpha and TNFR2 are not detected in control astrocytes and upregulated significantly with LPS stimulation and that activation of ..
- Biomechanical strain regulates TNFR2 but not TNFR1 in TMJ cellsJames Deschner
Department of Oral Biology, The Ohio State University, 305 W 12th Avenue, 4010 Postle Hall, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Biomech 40:1541-9. 2007..tensile strain (CTS) regulates the gene expression of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha, its receptors TNFR1 and TNFR2, and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) under inflammatory conditions, and whether these effects of CTS are ..
- Methamphetamine-induced dopamine transporter complex formation and dopaminergic deficits: the role of D2 receptor activationGregory C Hadlock
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 335:207-12. 2010....
- Segregation of the classical transmitters norepinephrine and acetylcholine and the neuropeptide Y in sympathetic neurons: modulation by ciliary neurotrophic factor or prolonged growth in cultureA Vega
Departamento de Biologia Celular y Fisiologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico, Mexico
Dev Neurobiol 70:913-28. 2010..These data demonstrate segregation of classical transmitters in sympathetic neurons and plasticity of neurotransmitter segregation. Finally, we discuss a possible functional correlate of segregation in sympathetic neurons...
- Tumor necrosis factor-α induces sensitization of meningeal nociceptors mediated via local COX and p38 MAP kinase actionsXi Chun Zhang
Department of Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pain 152:140-9. 2011..provide evidence for non-neuronal localization of the TNF receptors TNFR1 to dural endothelial vascular cells and TNFR2 to dural resident macrophages as well as to some CGRP-expressing dural nerve fibers...
- MicroRNA expression in induced sputum of smokers and patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseGeert R Van Pottelberge
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 183:898-906. 2011..MicroRNAs (miRNAs) have the ability to regulate these processes by interfering with gene transcription and translation...
- Direct application of the tumor necrosis factor-α inhibitor, etanercept, into a punctured intervertebral disc decreases calcitonin gene-related peptide expression in rat dorsal root ganglion neuronsManato Horii
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 36:E80-5. 2011....
- The role of TNFα in the periaqueductal gray during naloxone-precipitated morphine withdrawal in ratsShuanglin Hao
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 36:664-76. 2011..These results support the concept that proinflammatory cytokines expressed in astrocytes in the PAG may play an important role in the pathogenesis of morphine withdrawal response...
- Role of TNFR1 in lung injury and altered lung function induced by the model sulfur mustard vesicant, 2-chloroethyl ethyl sulfideVasanthi R Sunil
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 250:245-55. 2011..These effects were most notable in the airways. These data suggest that targeting TNFα signaling may be useful in mitigating lung injury, inflammation and functional alterations induced by vesicants...
- Etanercept restores the antinociceptive effect of morphine and suppresses spinal neuroinflammation in morphine-tolerant ratsChing Hui Shen
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Anesth Analg 112:454-9. 2011..In the present study we examined the effect of the tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α antagonist etanercept on the antinociceptive effect of morphine in morphine-tolerant rats...
- TNF-α in hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus contributes to sympathoexcitation in heart failure by modulating AT1 receptor and neurotransmittersYu Ming Kang
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Xi an Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Xi an, PR China
Tohoku J Exp Med 222:251-63. 2010....
- Increased expression of tumor necrosis factor receptors in cryptogenic organizing pneumoniaQiao Ye
Department of Pneumology and Allergology, Ruhrlandklinik, Medical Faculty, University of Duisburg Essen, Germany
Respir Med 105:292-7. 2011TNF receptors (TNFR1 and TNFR2) and Fas belong to the system of apoptosis-signalling receptor molecules and may play a role in the pathogenesis of interstitial lung disease...
- Spontaneous pregnancy loss mediated by abnormal maternal inflammation in rats is linked to deficient uteroplacental perfusionStephen J Renaud
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L3N6
J Immunol 186:1799-808. 2011....
- TNF receptor 1 and 2 contribute in different ways to resistance to Legionella pneumophila-induced mortality in miceMasaki Fujita
Research Institute for Diseases of the Chest, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Cytokine 44:298-303. 2008..pneumophila. L. pneumophila was inoculated intranasally into TNF receptor (TNFR)-1-knock-out mice or TNFR2-knock-out mice...
- Mechanisms of Radiation Induced Fatigue in CancerJulienne Bower; Fiscal Year: 2006..Together with a targeted program of didactic instruction, this project will prepare the candidate to become a fully independent behavioral scientist in the field of cancer prevention and control research. ..
- Transcriptional regulation in chronic renal disease pathogenesisLESLIE BRUGGEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Predictors of Nephropathy in Type 2 DiabetesJulie Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..D., Ph.D., a leading investigator in the field of nutritional epidemiology. This project proposal will provide the foundation for the candidate's future career as an independent and successful clinical scientist in renal research. ..
- Biomarkers in the progression of nephropathy in type 2DMJulie Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Data on how these modifiable biomarkers are related to kidney function decline could have an important and beneficial impact on treatment and monitoring of nephropathy in type 2 diabetes in the near future. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Matrix metalloproteinases as biomarkers of neurodegenerationVeronica Shubayev; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..