Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tnfrsf1a
Description: TNF receptor superfamily member 1A
Alias: TNFR-1, Tnfr1, tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 1A, TNF-R1, TNF-RI, TNFR-I, p55, p60, tumor necrosis factor receptor 1, tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, member 1a, tumor necrosis factor receptor type I
Publications116 found, 100 shown here
- Tumor necrosis factor signalingH Wajant
Institute of Cell Biology and Immunology, University of Stuttgart, Allmandring, Germany
Cell Death Differ 10:45-65. 2003..In particular, the multiple facets of crosstalk between the various signalling pathways engaged by TNF will be addressed...
- Role of tumor necrosis factor receptor-1 in the death of retinal ganglion cells following optic nerve crush injury in miceGULGUN TEZEL
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Louisville School of Medicine, 301 E Muhammad Ali Boulevard, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Brain Res 996:202-12. 2004..Since secondarily degenerating neurons are viable targets for neuroprotection, inhibition of TNF death receptor signaling may be an effective strategy to protect RGCs in several neurodegenerative injuries...
- TNF-alpha as an autocrine mediator and its role in the activation of Schwann cellsYongwei Qin
Key Laboratory for Neuroregeneration of JiangSu Province, Nantong University, 19 Qixiu Road, Nantong, Jiangsu 226001, PR China
Neurochem Res 33:1077-84. 2008..TNF-alpha exhibits its biological effect through two distinct surface receptors, TNF receptor 1 (TNFR1) and TNFR2...
- Unmasking of a protective tumor necrosis factor receptor I-mediated signal in the collagen-induced arthritis modelCheryll Williams-Skipp
University of Colorado Denver Health Sciences Center
Arthritis Rheum 60:408-18. 2009..To examine the relative importance of tumor necrosis factor receptor I (TNFRI) signaling in the hematopoietic tissue compartment in the progression of collagen-induced arthritis (CIA), a model of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Imbalances in serum proinflammatory cytokines and their soluble receptors: a putative role in the progression of idiopathic IgA nephropathy (IgAN) and Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis, and a potential target of immunoglobulin therapy?G Rostoker
Service de Néphrologie et Laboratoire d Investigation Clinique, Hôpital Claude Galien, Quincy sous Sénart Unité Inserm U 139 France
Clin Exp Immunol 114:468-76. 1998..This process may play a role in the progression of the disease and be one of the targets of immunoglobulin therapy...
- Role of TNFR1 and TNFR2 receptors in tubulointerstitial fibrosis of obstructive nephropathyG Guo
Department of Internal Medicine and the Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine at Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110 1092, USA
Am J Physiol 277:F766-72. 1999..Mice in which individual TNF-alpha receptors TNFR1 or TNFR2 had been genetically knocked out were used, and results were compared with mice of C57Bl/6 background ..
- Neutralizing tumor necrosis factor-alpha activity suppresses activation of infiltrating macrophages in experimental autoimmune uveoretinitisMorag Robertson
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:3034-41. 2003....
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor 1-mediated signaling is required for skin cancer development induced by NF-kappaB inhibitionMaria H Lind
Department of Bioscience, Clinical Research Center, Karolinska Institutet, Novum, SE 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:4972-7. 2004..We now show that by crossing K5-IkappaBalpha mice onto a tumor necrosis factor receptor 1(Tnfr1)-null background, both the inflammatory and the tumorigenic responses are blocked...
- In vivo transfer of soluble TNF-alpha receptor 1 gene improves cardiac function and reduces infarct size after myocardial infarction in ratsMasahiro Sugano
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Division of Molecular and Clinical Gerontology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 4546 Tsurumihara, Beppu, Oita, 874 0838, Japan
FASEB J 18:911-3. 2004..Suppression of TNF-alpha bioactivity from the early stage of infarction with the sTNFR1 plasmid improved cardiac function and reduced infarct size...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced apoptosis in murine cytomegalovirus retinitisJun Zhou
Department of Cellular Biology and Anatomy, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:1691-700. 2007..To explore the mechanism underlying retinal apoptosis in MCMV retinitis, this study was initiated to determine whether the tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR)1-TNF pathway is involved in apoptosis during MCMV retinitis...
- Quantification of the mRNA encoding Tumor Necrosis Factor alpha (TNFalpha) and its receptors in human nasal polypsB Rostkowska-Nadolska
Department of Otolaryngology, Wroclaw Medical University, Wroclaw, Poland
Adv Med Sci 53:263-9. 2008..The object of the study was to assess the expression of the genes encoding TNFalpha and its receptors (TNF-R1 and TNF-R2) in patients with nasal polyps (NP)...
- TNFR1-dependent regulation of myeloid cell function in experimental autoimmune uveoretinitisBen J E Raveney
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
J Immunol 183:2321-9. 2009..depends on activation by T cell-produced IFN-gamma and autocrine TNF-alpha signaling in the myeloid cells via TNFR1. In the absence of TNFR1 signaling, relative T cell expansion in the retina is increased, indicating that ..
- Evoked pain behavior and spinal glia activation is dependent on tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 and 2 in a mouse model of bone cancer painC Geis
Department of Neurology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Neuroscience 169:463-74. 2010..Mechanisms by which TNF, through its receptor subtypes, TNF receptor 1 (TNFR1) and -2 (TNFR2), elicits altered sensation and pain behavior, are still incompletely understood...
- 14-Deoxyandrographolide desensitizes hepatocytes to tumour necrosis factor-alpha-induced apoptosis through calcium-dependent tumour necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 1A release via the NO/cGMP pathwayD N Roy
Cell Biology and Physiology Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, A Unit of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Kolkata, India
Br J Pharmacol 160:1823-43. 2010....
- Enhancement of a multianalyte serum biomarker panel to identify lymph node metastases in non-small cell lung cancer with circulating autoantibody biomarkersKalpa Patel
Department of Biochemistry, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Int J Cancer 129:133-42. 2011..The inclusion of autoantibody biomarkers provided a dramatic improvement in the overall test performance characteristics, relative to the original test panel, including an 11% improvement in the classification efficiency...
- TNF/TNFR1 signaling mediates doxorubicin-induced diaphragm weaknessLaura A A Gilliam
Department of Physiology, Center for Muscle Biology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, 40536 0298, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 300:L225-31. 2011..TNF-induced diaphragm weakness is mediated through TNF type 1 receptor (TNFR1)...
- TNF-α enhances the currents of voltage gated sodium channels in uninjured dorsal root ganglion neurons following motor nerve injuryXi Chen
Pain Research Center and Department of Physiology, Zhongshan Medical School of Sun Yat Sen University, 74 Zhongshan Rd 2, Guangzhou 510080, PR China
Exp Neurol 227:279-86. 2011..These data suggest that the increase in sodium currents in uninjured DRG neurons following nerve injury might be mediated by over-production of TNF-α...
- TNFR2 interposes the proliferative and NF-κB-mediated inflammatory response by podocytes to TNF-αLeslie A Bruggeman
Department of Medicine and Rammelkamp Center for Education and Research, MetroHealth Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA
Lab Invest 91:413-25. 2011....
- Concomitant apoptosis and regeneration of liver cells as a mechanism of liver-tumor promotion by β-naphthoflavone involving TNFα-signaling due to oxidative cellular stress in ratsKazunori Kuwata
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 3 5 8 Saiwai cho, Fuchu, Tokyo 183 8509, Japan
Toxicology 283:8-17. 2011..Furthermore, BNF increased HO-1-expressing Kupffer cells and liver cells expressing tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1) and the TNFR1-associated death domain...
- Blocking TNF-α by combination of TNF-α- and TNFR-binding cyclic peptide ameliorates the severity of TNBS-induced colitis in ratsBingjiao Yin
Department of Immunology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, PR China
Eur J Pharmacol 656:119-24. 2011..In the present study we combined TNF-α binding cyclic peptide (TBCP) and TNFR1 binding cyclic peptide (TRBCP) to treat TNBS-induced colitis in rats for one week...
- Moxibustion treatment restoring the intestinal epithelium barrier in rats with Crohn's disease by down-regulating tumor necrosis factor alpha, tumor necrosis factor receptor 1, and tumor necrosis factor receptor 2Yin Shi
Shanghai Institute of Acupuncture Moxibustion and Meridians, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, 200030, China
Chin J Integr Med 17:212-7. 2011To investigate whether moxibustion regulates tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α), tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1), and TNFR2 in the intestinal mucosa and to explore whether moxibustion could be used by means of this mechanism, ..
- Retinal ganglion cell death is induced by microglia derived pro-inflammatory cytokines in the hypoxic neonatal retinaViswanathan Sivakumar
Department of Anatomy, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Blk MD10, 4 Medical Drive, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117597
J Pathol 224:245-60. 2011..Our results suggest that activated microglial cells in hypoxic neonatal retina produce increased amounts of TNF-α and IL-1β that could induce RGC death...
- Characterization of DISC formation and TNFR1 translocation to mitochondria in TNF-α-treated hepatocytesHyun Ae Eum
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Pathol 179:1221-9. 2011b>Tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1) activation in hepatocytes can trigger apoptotic or inflammatory signaling...
- [Fas and TNFR1 expressions after cerebral ischemia and reperfusion in rats: association with cell apoptosis and the effects of Bcl-2 overexpression]Gang Wu
Department of Anesthesiology, Xi an Jiaotong University College of Medicine, Xi an 710004, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 31:1298-303. 2011To investigate the effect of Bcl-2 overexpression on Fas and TNFR1-mediated apoptosis and its possible mechanism in rat hippocampus following global ischemia/reperfusion (IR).
- ST6Gal-I regulates macrophage apoptosis via α2-6 sialylation of the TNFR1 death receptorZhongyu Liu
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 286:39654-62. 2011..Herein we describe a novel apoptotic pathway involving α2-6 sialylation of the TNFR1 death receptor by the ST6Gal-I sialyltransferase...
- Circulating TNF receptors 1 and 2 predict ESRD in type 2 diabetesMonika A Niewczas
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:507-15. 2012..Of the examined markers, only TNF receptors 1 and 2 (TNFR1 and TNFR2) associated with risk for ESRD...
- Moxibustion inhibits apoptosis and tumor necrosis factor-alpha/tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 in the colonic epithelium of Crohn's disease model ratsChun hui Bao
Yueyang Hospital of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 200437, China
Dig Dis Sci 57:2286-95. 2012..Previous studies have shown that moxibustion on Tianshu (ST25) and Qihai (CV6) is effective for treating Crohn's disease. However, the mechanism of moxibustion has not been clearly elucidated...
- Differences between tumor necrosis factor-α receptors types 1 and 2 in the modulation of spinal glial cell activation and mechanical allodynia in a rat sciatic nerve injury modelTetsuhiro Ishikawa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 38:11-6. 2013Immunohistological analysis of spinal glial cells and analysis of pain behavior in the rat neuropathic pain model were investigated to clarify the function of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α receptors p55 type 1 and p75 type 2.
- TNF receptor 1 genetic risk mirrors outcome of anti-TNF therapy in multiple sclerosisAdam P Gregory
MRC Human Immunology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 9DS, UK
Nature 488:508-11. 2012..Here we have investigated a single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the TNFRSF1A gene, that encodes tumour necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1), which was discovered through GWAS to be associated ..
- Predictive value of conjointly examined IL-1ra, TNF-R I, TNF-R II, and RANTES in patients with primary glomerulonephritisRafał Zwiech
Department of Kidney Transplantation, Medical University of Łódź, Łódź, Poland
J Korean Med Sci 28:261-7. 2013..In conclusion, the urinary excretion of IL-1ra, TNF-R I and R II, and RANTES examined conjointly are effective in predicting favorable response to immunosuppressive treatment in patients with GN...
- Soluble TNF receptor 1-secreting ex vivo-derived dendritic cells reduce injury after strokeMelissa G Works
Department of Biology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 33:1376-85. 2013..These studies indicate that cell-mediated delivery of proteins may be a promising new approach to reduce brain damage after acute neurologic insult. ..
- Amelioration of liver injury by continuously targeted intervention against TNFRp55 in rats with acute-on-chronic liver failureYumin Xu
Department of Infectious Diseases, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 8:e68757. 2013..TNF receptor: IgG Fc [sTNFR:IgG-Fc]) prevented/reduced development of acute liver failure by blocking the TNF/TNFR1 (TNFRp55) pathway...
- Is there a role of TNFR1 in acute lung injury cases associated with extracorporeal circulation?Yu Zhao
Department of Laboratory Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China Department of Anesthesiology and Translational Neuroscience Center, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 15:281-8. 2014..In this study, we evaluated the role of tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1) in ECC-induced ALI by blocking TNF-α binding to TNFR1 with CAY10500...
- Correlation between serum levels of soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor and disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosusD Aderka
Department of Medicine T, Ichilov Hospital, Tel Aviv, Israel
Arthritis Rheum 36:1111-20. 1993....
- Elevated serum levels of the type I and type II receptors for tumor necrosis factor-alpha as predictive factors for ARF in patients with septic shockJose Iglesias
Department of Internal Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine, Neptune, NJ, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 41:62-75. 2003..Acute renal failure (ARF), a common and serious complication in patients with septic shock, has high mortality. Recent data suggest that proinflammatory cytokines may contribute to sepsis-associated ARF...
- Decrease in tumor necrosis factor-alpha receptor-associated death domain results from ubiquitin-dependent degradation in obstructive renal injury in ratsTaro Misaki
Department of Health and Nutritional Sciences, Faculty of Health Promotional Sciences, Hamamatsu University, Hamamatsu, Japan
Am J Pathol 175:74-83. 2009..Two TNFalpha receptors (TNFRs), TNFR1 and TNFR2, are known to exist...
- Increased susceptibility to acute kidney injury due to endoplasmic reticulum stress in mice lacking tumor necrosis factor-α and its receptor 1Lianghu Huang
Division of Experimental Diabetes and Aging, Department of Geriatrics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine New York, New York, USA
Kidney Int 79:613-23. 2011..When TNFα-receptor-deficient mice were treated with tunicamycin, severe renal injury developed in TNFR1-/- but not TNFR2-/- mice, suggesting this aspect of TNFα action was through TNF receptor-1 (TNFR1)...
- [Effect of intra-articular ozone injection on serum and synovial TNF-α, TNFR I, and TNFR II contents in rats with rheumatoid arthritis]Bin Yu
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 31:1055-8. 2011..ozone injection at different concentrations on the contents of tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α), TNF receptor I (TNFR I), and TNFR II in the serum and synovium of rats with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and explore the therapeutic ..
- Structural damage in diabetic nephropathy is associated with TNF-α system activityJose Manuel Fernandez-Real
Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Nutrition, and CIBEROBN Fisiopatología de la Obesidad y Nutrición, University Hospital of Girona Dr Josep Trueta, Carretera de França s n, 17007, Girona, Spain
Acta Diabetol 49:301-5. 2012..58, P = 0.005). After controlling for age, body mass index and blood pressure, the association of TNFR1 with mesangial expansion persisted significant...
- The effect of intra-articular injection of different concentrations of ozone on the level of TNF-α, TNF-R1, and TNF-R2 in rats with rheumatoid arthritisHuiqiang Chen
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China
Rheumatol Int 33:1223-7. 2013..and to investigate the role of O3 in regulating the level of TNF-α (tumor necrosis factor), TNF-R1 (tumor necrosis factor receptor 1), and TNF-R2. Forty-eight Wistar rats were randomly divided into eight groups...
- Strong and selective glomerular localization of CD134 ligand and TNF receptor-1 in proliferative lupus nephritisJ Aten
Department of Pathology, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:1426-38. 2000..for several other TNF(R) family members revealed in proliferative lupus nephritis a similar distribution for TNFR1 as was observed for CD134L. In contrast, glomerular expression of TNFR2 was similar in all cases examined...
- Accelerated pathological and clinical nephritis in systemic lupus erythematosus-prone New Zealand Mixed 2328 mice doubly deficient in TNF receptor 1 and TNF receptor 2 via a Th17-associated pathwayNoam Jacob
Department of Medicine, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Immunol 182:2532-41. 2009..We generated SLE-prone New Zealand Mixed 2328 mice genetically deficient in TNFR1, in TNFR2, or in both receptors...
- Urinary excretion of soluble tumour necrosis factor receptor 1 as a marker of increased risk of progressive kidney function deterioration in patients with primary chronic glomerulonephritisIlona Idasiak-Piechocka
Department of Nephrology, Transplantology and Internal Medicine, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:3948-56. 2010..TNF α), a potent proinflammatory cytokine, in the kidneys are mediated by two membrane receptors (TNFR), TNFR1 and TNFR2...
- Opposing actions of hippocampus TNFα receptors on limbic seizure susceptibilityMarc S Weinberg
Gene Therapy Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Exp Neurol 247:429-37. 2013..Twenty four hours after acute limbic seizures the rat hippocampus exhibited a rapid upregulation of TNFR1, but a simultaneous downregulation of TNFR2...
- Serum concentrations of markers of TNFalpha and Fas-mediated pathways and renal function in nonproteinuric patients with type 1 diabetesMonika A Niewczas
Research Division of Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:62-70. 2009..The aim of our study was to examine serum markers of the TNF and Fas pathways for association with cystatin-C based estimated glomerular filtration rate (cC-GFR) in subjects with type 1 diabetes (T1DM) and no proteinuria...
- Gene network revealed involvements of Birc2, Birc3 and Tnfrsf1a in anti-apoptosis of injured peripheral nervesYongjun Wang
Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, Nantong, PR China
PLoS ONE 7:e43436. 2012..TNFRI family member Tnfrsf1a, Birc2 and Birc3 were mined out integrating as master regulators to mediate inflammatory responses...
- Increased serum levels of soluble receptors for tumor necrosis factor in cancer patientsD Aderka
Department of Medicine, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Cancer Res 51:5602-7. 1991..The mean +/- SD concentrations of both the soluble type I (p55) and type II (p75) receptors were significantly higher in the cancer patients than in the healthy controls: 1...
- Molecular cloning and expression of human and rat tumor necrosis factor receptor chain (p60) and its soluble derivative, tumor necrosis factor-binding proteinA Himmler
Ernst Boehringer Institut, Bender Co GesmbH, Vienna, Austria
DNA Cell Biol 9:705-15. 1990..for TNF-alpha and increased reactivity with a monoclonal antibody directed against the human TNF receptor chain p60. When a stop codon was introduced into the cDNA at the site corresponding to the carboxyl terminus of TNF-BP, ..
- Serum levels of soluble receptors for tumor necrosis factor (p55 and p75 sTNFr) in endometrial cancerA Gadducci
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Pisa, Italy
Anticancer Res 16:3125-8. 1996The pretreatment serum levels of the soluble receptors for tumor necrosis factor (p55 and p75 sTNFr) were retrospectively measured in 38 patients with endometrial cancer and 55 patients with benign uterine diseases as controls...
- Hyperalgesia in experimental neuropathy is dependent on the TNF receptor 1C Sommer
Neurologische Klinik, Universitat Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 11, Wurzburg, 97080, Germany
Exp Neurol 151:138-42. 1998..Neutralizing antibodies to TNF, to the TNF receptor 1 (TNFR1), and to the TNF receptor 2 (TNFR2) were administered by epineurial injection once daily to mice with CCI...
- Soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor type I enhances tumor development and persistence in vivoC L Selinsky
Department of Microbiology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
Cell Immunol 200:81-7. 2000Secretion of human soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor type I (sTNFRI) by the mouse fibrosarcoma cell line, L929, previously has been demonstrated to confer resistance to in vitro lysis by TNF and to LAK- and CTL-mediated cytolysis...
- A novel missense mutation (C30S) in the gene encoding tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 linked to autosomal-dominant recurrent fever with localized myositis in a French familyC Dode
Universite Paris V, Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, and Hôpital Cochin, France
Arthritis Rheum 43:1535-42. 2000..tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR)-associated periodic syndrome (TRAPS), in a French family and to investigate the role of the mutated 55-kd tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) receptor (TNFR1) in the pathogenesis of the disease.
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor deficiency alters matrix metalloproteinase 13/tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 expression in murine silicosisL A Ortiz
Section of Pulmonary Diseases, Critical Care, and Environmental Medicine, Department of Pathology, and the Lung Biology Program, Tulane University Medical Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112 2699, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 163:244-52. 2001..factors AP-1 and NF-kappaB in the lungs of C57BL/6 mice, and of mice deficient in one of the two types of TNFR (p55(-/-) or p75(-/-)), exposed to silica (0.2 g/kg) or saline by intratracheal instillation...
- Axonal transport of TNF-alpha in painful neuropathy: distribution of ligand tracer and TNF receptorsV I Shubayev
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093 0629, USA
J Neuroimmunol 114:48-56. 2001..These findings highlight a dynamic process of TNF-alpha protein and receptor regulation throughout the peripheral neural axis that bears on both the normal function of DRG neurons and the pathogenesis of painful neuropathies...
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) 1, but not TNFR2, mediates tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced interleukin-6 and RANTES in human airway smooth muscle cells: role of p38 and p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinasesY Amrani
Department of Medicine, Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Division, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6160, USA
Mol Pharmacol 60:646-55. 2001..We also found that agonistic antibodies specific for either TNFR1 or TNFR2 stimulated IL-6 and RANTES secretion and activated p38 and p42/44 MAPKs...
- Shedding of TNF-alpha receptors, blood pressure, and insulin sensitivity in type 2 diabetes mellitusJose Manuel Fernandez-Real
Unitat de Diabetologia, Endocrinologia i Nutricio, University Hospital of Girona, 17001 Girona, Spain
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 282:E952-9. 2002..00001). The TNF-alpha receptor 1 (TNFR1) density in peripheral blood monocytes was similar in DM-2 patients and in nondiabetic subjects...
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor type-1 in sensory neurons contributes to induction of chronic enhancement of inflammatory hyperalgesia in ratCarlos A Parada
Department of Medicine, Division of Neuroscience and Sciences Program, NIH Pain Center UCSF, C522 Box 0440, 521 Parnassus Ave, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0440, USA
Eur J Neurosci 17:1847-52. 2003..Intrathecal administration of antisense to tumour necrosis factor receptor type-1 (TNFR1) reduced the level of TNFR1 transported toward the peripheral terminals of sensory neurons, and attenuated both ..
- Formation of a tumour necrosis factor receptor 1 molecular scaffolding complex and activation of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 during seizure-induced neuronal deathSachiko Shinoda
Robert S Dow Neurobiology Laboratories, Legacy Research, Portland, Oregon, USA
Eur J Neurosci 17:2065-76. 2003The consequences of activation of tumour necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1) during neuronal injury remain controversial...
- In situ localization of TNFalpha/beta, TACE and TNF receptors TNF-R1 and TNF-R2 in control and LPS-treated lung tissueM Ermert
Department of Pathology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Langhansstr 10, 35385 Giessen, Germany
Cytokine 22:89-100. 2003....
- Selective up-regulation of tumor necrosis factor receptor I in tumor-bearing rats with cancer-related cachexiaMaria G Catalano
Laboratorio di Endocrinologia Oncologica, Dipartimenti di Fisiopatologia Clinica and Oncologia, Universita di Torino, I 10126 Turin, Italy
Int J Oncol 23:429-36. 2003..This is the first demonstration of a selective up-regulation of TNF-RI in cancer cachexia and suggests that local production of TNF-alpha and IL-6 is a corner-stone in the induction/maintenance of this syndrome...
- Expression of the type 1 and type 2 receptors for tumor necrosis factor after traumatic spinal cord injury in adult ratsPing Yan
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Exp Neurol 183:286-97. 2003..The effect of TNF-alpha is mediated through its receptors TNFR1 (p55) and TNFR2 (p75). However, whether these two receptors are expressed after SCI has not been demonstrated...
- Effect of low-protein diet and protein supplementation on the expressions of TNF-alpha, TNFR-I, and TNFR-II in organs and muscle of LPS-injected ratsNilima Raina
Department of Nutrition, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 286:E481-7. 2004..This increase is suppressed by refeeding protein. A differential pattern between translation and transcription of TNF-alpha and its receptors is present. Our data suggest that protein restriction may be deleterious in sepsis...
- Intramuscular gene transfer of soluble tumor necrosis factor-alpha receptor 1 activates vascular endothelial growth factor receptor and accelerates angiogenesis in a rat model of hindlimb ischemiaMasahiro Sugano
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Division of Molecular and Clinical Gerontology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 4546 Tsurumihara, Beppu, Oita, 874 0838, Japan
Circulation 109:797-802. 2004..Soluble TNF-alpha receptor 1 (sTNFR1) is an extracellular domain of TNFR1 and an antagonist to TNF-alpha...
- TNF alpha-p55 receptors: medullary brainstem immunocytochemical localization in normal and vagus nerve-transected ratsGerlinda E Hermann
Laboratory of Autonomic Neuroscience, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University, 6400 Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Brain Res 1004:156-66. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine the location of the TNFR1 receptor (p55) in the medulla using immunocytochemical methods...
- Immunocytochemical localization of TNF type 1 and type 2 receptors in the rat spinal cordGregory M Holmes
Laboratory of Autonomic Neuroscience, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, 6400 Perkins Road, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Brain Res 1025:210-9. 2004..These studies identify the locus of type-1 TNF (TNFR1 or p55) and type-2 TNF (TNFR2 or p75) receptors within the spinal cord...
- Cell-specific expression and lipopolysaccharide-induced regulation of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) and TNF receptors in rat dorsal root ganglionYanzhang Li
Department of Molecular Neuroscience, Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Philipps University Marburg, 35033 Marburg, Germany
J Neurosci 24:9623-31. 2004..Therefore, we differentiated the neuronal and non-neuronal sites of TNFalpha, TNFR1, and TNFR2 mRNA synthesis in dorsal root ganglion (DRG) of control rats and evaluated how their expression is ..
- Expression of tumour necrosis factor receptors by bronchoalveolar cells in hypersensitivity pneumonitisB Chen
Ruhrlandklinik, Tuschener Weg 40, 45239 Essen, Germany
Eur Respir J 25:1039-43. 2005..In conclusion, this study shows evidence of altered expression of tumour necrosis factor superfamily receptors in hypersensitivity pneumonitis...
- Cancer cachexia results in an increase in TNF-alpha receptor gene expression in both skeletal muscle and adipose tissueMaite Figueras
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Oncol 27:855-60. 2005The mRNA content of both TNF-alpha and its receptors (TNFR1 and TNFR2) in skeletal muscle and adipose tissue from cachectic rats has been assessed...
- Shedding of tumor necrosis factor type 1 receptor after experimental spinal cord injuryJ Frederick Harrington
Department of Neurosurgery, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Neurotrauma 22:919-28. 2005..These CSF samples were analyzed by ELISA for the presence of TNF-alpha and soluble TNFR1 and TNFR2 (sTNFR1 and sTNFR2, respectively)...
- The role of tumor necrosis factor-alpha in the neuropathic pain induced by Lumbar 5 ventral root transection in ratJi Tian Xu
Department of Physiology, Zhongshan Medical School of Sun Yat Sen University, 74 Zhongshan Rd 2, Guangzhou 510080, PR China
Pain 123:306-21. 2006..We found that immunoreactivity (IR) of TNF-alpha and TNF receptor 1 (TNFR1) in ipsilateral (but not in contralateral) L4 and L5 dorsal root ganglion (DRG) was increased following L5 VRT, ..
- Intra- and extraneuronal changes of immunofluorescence staining for TNF-alpha and TNFR1 in the dorsal root ganglia of rat peripheral neuropathic pain modelsP Dubovy
Department of Anatomy, Division of Neuroanatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Kamenice 3, CZ 625 00, Brno, Czech Republic
Cell Mol Neurobiol 26:1205-17. 2006..the goal of present study was to investigate immunohistochemical distribution of TNF-alpha and TNF receptor-1 (TNFR1) proteins in the rat DRG following three types of nerve injury. 2...
- Effect of liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy and ischemia-reperfusion on expression of growth factor receptorsP Baier
Department of General and Visceral Surgery, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 12:3835-40. 2006..This is relevant due to the potential therapeutic use of growth factors in stimulating liver regeneration...
- Biomechanical strain regulates TNFR2 but not TNFR1 in TMJ cellsJames Deschner
Department of Oral Biology, The Ohio State University, 305 W 12th Avenue, 4010 Postle Hall, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Biomech 40:1541-9. 2007..cyclic tensile strain (CTS) regulates the gene expression of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha, its receptors TNFR1 and TNFR2, and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) under inflammatory conditions, and whether these effects of ..
- Therapeutic hypothermia modulates TNFR1 signaling in the traumatized brain via early transient activation of the JNK pathway and suppression of XIAP cleavageGeorge Lotocki
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1095 NW 14th Terrace, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Eur J Neurosci 24:2283-90. 2006..Here, TNFR1 signaling pathways were investigated in the cerebral cortex of adult male Sprague-Dawley rats subjected to ..
- Exercise preconditioning reduces brain damage and inhibits TNF-alpha receptor expression after hypoxia/reoxygenation: an in vivo and in vitro studyYun Hong Ding
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Mail Code 7843, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Curr Neurovasc Res 3:263-71. 2006..Chronically increased TNF-alpha expression was also found to reduce TNFI and II responding to acute ischemia/reperfusion insult...
- Role of host cytokine responses in the pathogenesis of avian H5N1 influenza viruses in miceKristy J Szretter
Influenza Branch MS G 16, Division of Viral and Ricksettial Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Virol 81:2736-44. 2007..interleukin-6 (IL-6), macrophage inflammatory protein 1 alpha (MIP-1alpha), IL-1 receptor (IL-1R), or tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1) by the use of two avian influenza A viruses isolated from humans, A/Hong Kong/483/97 (HK/483) ..
- Polymorphism A36G of the tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 gene is associated with PAI-1 levels in obese womenAlenka Mavri
Inserm UMR 626 and Université de la Méditerranée, Marseille, France
Thromb Haemost 97:62-6. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of polymorphism A36G of the TNF receptor 1 (TNFRSF1A +36A/G) on plasma concentrations of PAI-1 in 163 obese (31 with the metabolic syndrome, MetS) and 150 lean, ..
- Expression of tumor necrosis factor receptor-1 in arterial wall cells promotes atherosclerosisLisheng Zhang
Departments of Medicine Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:1087-94. 2007Mechanisms by which tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF) contributes to atherosclerosis remain largely obscure. We therefore sought to determine the role of the arterial wall TNF receptor-1 (TNFR1) in atherogenesis.
- Up-regulation of p55 TNF alpha-receptor in dorsal root ganglia neurons following lumbar facet joint injury in ratsYoshihiro Sakuma
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Eur Spine J 16:1273-8. 2007..In the current study, changes in TNF receptor (p55) expression in DRG neurons innervating the L5/6 facet joint following facet joint injury were investigated in rats ..
- Lipopolysaccharide-induced upregulation of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) and TNF receptors in rat sciatic nerveYouhua Wang
The Jiangsu Province Key Lab of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, Nantong, 226001, People s Republic of China
J Mol Neurosci 32:207-16. 2007..Therefore, we focused our study on TNF-alpha, TNFR1, and TNFR2 protein synthesis and expression patterns in sciatic nerve of controls and rats under systemic ..
- Inhibition of the tumor necrosis factor-alpha pathway is radioprotective for the lungMing Zhang
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5582, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:1868-76. 2008..Radiation-induced lung toxicity limits the delivery of high-dose radiation to thoracic tumors. Here, we investigated the potential of inhibiting the tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) pathway as a novel radioprotection strategy...
- Endogenous tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) requires TNF receptor type 2 to generate heat hyperalgesia in a mouse cancer modelCristina E Constantin
Division of Physiology, Department of Physiology and Medical Physics, Innsbruck Medical University, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Neurosci 28:5072-81. 2008..type 2 (TNFR2) gene attenuated heat hyperalgesia and prevented TRPV1 upregulation in tumor-bearing mice, whereas TNFR1 gene deletion played a minor role...
- TNF receptor 1 and 2 contribute in different ways to resistance to Legionella pneumophila-induced mortality in miceMasaki Fujita
Research Institute for Diseases of the Chest, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Cytokine 44:298-303. 2008..pneumophila. In the case of TNFR1-knock-out mice and TNFR2-knock-out mice, a high mortality rate was observed after inoculation of 1x10(7)CFU/head ..
- The roles of TNF-alpha and the soluble TNF receptor I on sleep architecture in OSAHerbert J Yue
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA, USA
Sleep Breath 13:263-9. 2009..We hypothesized that the TNF receptor might play an important role in the inflammation as well as sleep architecture changes in patients with OSA...
- Differences in serum cytokine levels between influenza virus A and B infections in childrenMasatoki Sato
Department of Pediatrics, Fukushima South Aizu Hospital, Tajima 967 0006, Japan
Cytokine 47:65-8. 2009..To investigate differences in cytokine production between influenza A and B...
- Systemic inflammatory markers in COPD: results from the Bergen COPD Cohort StudyT M L Eagan
Dept of Thoracic Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, 5021 Bergen, Norway
Eur Respir J 35:540-8. 2010..05). The present study confirms that certain circulating inflammatory mediators are an important phenotypic feature of COPD...
- Lack of soluble tumor necrosis factor alpha receptor 1 and 2 and interleukin-1beta compartmentalization in lungs of mice after a single intratracheal inoculation with live Porphyromonas gingivalisAna Nemec
Veterinary Faculty, Small Animal Clinic, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Exp Lung Res 35:605-20. 2009..Development of pneumonia is dependent on the P. gingivalis dose; however, part of the cytokine response is unique to the systemic compartment, even in animals that do not develop pneumonia...
- Plasma concentrations of TNF-alpha and its soluble receptors sTNFR1 and sTNFR2 in patients with coronary artery diseaseK Safranow
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Chemistry, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Tissue Antigens 74:386-92. 2009..Metabolic syndrome and diabetes are associated with higher plasma concentrations of TNF-alpha and its receptors...
- CXCR2 is required for neutrophilic airway inflammation and hyperresponsiveness in a mouse model of human rhinovirus infectionDeepti R Nagarkar
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5688, USA
J Immunol 183:6698-707. 2009..The requirement of TNF-alpha for RV1B-induced airway responses was tested using TNFR1(-/-) mice...
- [Experimentation and investigation of the effects of TNF and the acceptor expression in renal early trauma with extraneous adrenomedullin]Xiao peng Han
Department of Surgery, Lanzhou General Hospital of Lanzhou Military Command, Lanzhou 730050, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 47:1415-8. 2009..To investigate the effects of TNF-alpha, TNF-beta and the acceptor expression about mechanical renal trauma with extraneous ADM...
- Polymorphisms in apoptosis-related genes and survival of patients with early-stage non-small-cell lung cancerEung Bae Lee
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Kyungpook National University Hospital, Daegu, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 17:2608-18. 2010..This study was conducted to determine the association between single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in apoptosis-related genes and survival outcomes of patients with early-stage non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- The association between BMI and plasma cytokine levels in patients with acute lung injuryRenee D Stapleton
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine, HSRF 222, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Chest 138:568-77. 2010..We hypothesized that cytokine response might be attenuated in patients who are obese and critically ill or that obesity might modify the relationship between plasma cytokines and clinical outcomes in ALI...
- Deficiency in the serum-derived hyaluronan-associated protein-hyaluronan complex enhances airway hyperresponsiveness in a murine model of asthmaLong Zhu
Institute for Molecular Science of Medicine, Aichi Medical University School of Medicine, Yazako, Nagakute, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 153:223-33. 2010..The SHAP-HA complex is involved in the pathophysiology of inflammatory diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis. We investigated whether this complex is also involved in airway allergy...
- Upregulation of TNF-alpha and Receptors Contribute to Endothelial Dysfunction in Zucker Diabetic RatsXue Gao
Departments of Internal Medicine, Medical Pharmacology and Physiology and Nutritional Sciences, Dalton Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211
Am J Biomed Sci 2:1-12. 2010..The mRNA expression of TNF receptor 1 (TNFR1, but not TNFR2) significantly increased in coronary arteries in ZDF rats...
- TNFR1 mRNA expression level and TNFR1 gene polymorphisms are predictive markers for susceptibility to develop invasive pulmonary aspergillosisJ Sainz
Experimental Research Unit, Virgen de las Nieves University Hospital, Granada, Spain
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 23:423-36. 2010..TNF acts through TNF receptor 1 (TNFR1) triggering a pro-inflammatory response, and therefore plays a pivotal role in immune regulation and host immune ..
- An atherogenic lipid profile with low serum paraoxonase-1 activity during nematode infection in ratsAyman Samir Farid
Department of Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Benha University, Moshtohor, Toukh, Qalioubeya, Egypt
Eur J Clin Invest 40:984-93. 2010..Therefore, we aimed to explore the effects of Nippostrongylus brasiliensis infection in male Wistar rats, a model of human gastrointestinal nematode infections, on hepatic PON1 synthesis and the levels of lipid parameters...
- Tumor necrosis factor α primes cerebral endothelial cells for erythropoietin-induced angiogenesisLei Wang
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Health Sciences Center, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 31:640-7. 2011..Blockage of TNF receptor 1 (TNFR1) suppressed TNF-α-upregulated EPOR expression and abolished EPO-induced tube formation...
- Inhibitory effects of Dendrobium alkaloids on memory impairment induced by lipopolysaccharide in ratsYanfei Li
Department of Pharmacology, Zunyi Medical College, Zunyi, PR China
Planta Med 77:117-21. 2011..The spatial behavior was tested by the Morris water maze; the level of tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1) mRNA was detected by real time RT-PCR, and the protein level of TNFR1, nuclear factor kappa-B ..
- S-propargyl-cysteine, a novel hydrogen sulfide-modulated agent, attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced spatial learning and memory impairment: involvement of TNF signaling and NF-κB pathway in ratsQi Hai Gong
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai 201203, China
Brain Behav Immun 25:110-9. 2011..Furthermore, SPRC afforded beneficial actions in inhibitions tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α, TNF-α receptor 1 (TNFR1) and Aβ generation, as well as IκB-α degradation and phospho-transcription factors of the nuclear factor κB ..
- Role of TNFR1 in lung injury and altered lung function induced by the model sulfur mustard vesicant, 2-chloroethyl ethyl sulfideVasanthi R Sunil
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 250:245-55. 2011..These responses were attenuated in mice lacking the p55 receptor for TNFα (TNFR1-/-), demonstrating that signaling via TNFR1 is key to CEES-induced injury, oxidative stress, and inflammation...
- Proteomic Analysis of Retinal Ganglion Cell Death in GlaucomaGULGUN TEZEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies are expected to provide comprehensive information about the nerve cell death process, thereby allowing new treatment possibilities for 3 million Americans suffering from glaucoma. ..
- Pathogenesis of Endotoxin-Induced Acute Renal FailurePatrick Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Transcriptional regulation in chronic renal disease pathogenesisLESLIE BRUGGEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Matrix metalloproteinases as biomarkers of neurodegenerationVeronica Shubayev; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..