Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tlr4
Description: toll-like receptor 4
Publications134 found, 100 shown here
- Gangliosides trigger inflammatory responses via TLR4 in brain gliaIlo Jou
Chronic Inflammatory Disease Research Center, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, 443 721, Korea
Am J Pathol 168:1619-30. 2006..Here we report that toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) may mediate the ganglioside-triggered inflammation in glia, brain resident immune cells...
- Nucleotide oligomerization domain 1 is a dominant pathway for NOS2 induction in vascular smooth muscle cells: comparison with Toll-like receptor 4 responses in macrophagesL Moreno
Cardiothoracic Pharmacology, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London, UK
Br J Pharmacol 160:1997-2007. 2010..Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) activates TLR4, while peptidoglycan products activate NOD1...
- Intrathecal siRNA against Toll-like receptor 4 reduces nociception in a rat model of neuropathic painFei Xiang Wu
Department of Anesthesiology, Eastern Hepatobiliary Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200438, China
Int J Med Sci 7:251-9. 2010..It often occurs as a result of injury to peripheral nerves, dorsal root ganglions (DRG), spinal cord, or brain. Recent studies have suggested that Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) might play a role in neuropathic pain.
- Toll-like receptor 4 deficiency causes pulmonary emphysemaXuchen Zhang
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Clin Invest 116:3050-9. 2006..Here we show Tlr4(-/-) mice exhibited emphysema as they aged...
- Soybean isoflavone alleviates β-amyloid 1-42 induced inflammatory response to improve learning and memory ability by down regulation of Toll-like receptor 4 expression and nuclear factor-κB activity in ratsB J Ding
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, School of Public Health and Family Medicine, Capital Medical University, No 10 Xitoutiao, You An Men Wai, Beijing 100069, PR China
Int J Dev Neurosci 29:537-42. 2011..interleukin-1β (IL-1β), tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) in the serum and the expression of Toll like receptor4 (TLR4) and nuclear factor-κB p65 (NF-κB p65) mRNA and protein in the brain tissue following intracerebroventricular ..
- Toll-like receptor 4 regulates heme oxygenase-1 expression after hemorrhagic shock induced acute lung injury in mice: requirement of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activationChang Chen
Department of Anesthesiology, Zhongnan Hospital, Medical College of Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, People s Republic of China
Shock 31:486-92. 2009..We concluded that TLR-4 might induce HO-1 messenger RNA expression, which is probably involved in p38MAPK activation in the development of the lung dysfunction after HSR...
- The roles of bacteria and TLR4 in rat and murine models of necrotizing enterocolitisTamas Jilling
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Immunol 177:3273-82. 2006..Our aims were to determine whether bacteria and intestinal epithelial TLR4 play roles in a well-established neonatal rat model and a novel neonatal murine model of NEC...
- Distinct roles of pattern recognition receptors CD14 and Toll-like receptor 4 in acute lung injurySamithamby Jeyaseelan
Division of Respiratory Infections, Department of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson St, Neustadt D 403, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Infect Immun 73:1754-63. 2005..LPS binding and signaling involves CD14 and Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)...
- Progesterone administration modulates TLRs/NF-kappaB signaling pathway in rat brain after cortical contusionGang Chen
Department of Neurosurgery, Jinling Hospital, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, PR China
Ann Clin Lab Sci 38:65-74. 2008..Brain samples were extracted at 5 days after trauma. We measured mRNA expression of TLR2 and TLR4 by reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), NF-kappaB binding activity by electrophoretic mobility ..
- Ketamine suppresses intestinal TLR4 expression and NF-kappaB activity in lipopolysaccharide-treated ratsMin Yu
Department of Anesthesiology, Jinling Hospital, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Croat Med J 47:825-31. 2006To investigate whether ketamine suppresses lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced increase in Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) expression and nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-kappaB) activity in the intestines of rats.
- In vivo expression of Toll-like receptor 2 and 4 by renal epithelial cells: IFN-gamma and TNF-alpha mediated up-regulation during inflammationTim G A M Wolfs
Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht, Department of General Surgery, University of Maastricht, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Immunol 168:1286-93. 2002..receptor (TLR)4 for resistance to Gram-negative pyelonephritis prompted us to localize the expression of TLR2 and TLR4 mRNA in the kidney at the cellular level by in situ hybridization...
- Increased Toll-like receptor 4 expression in infants with respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitisA Gagro
Institute of Immunology, Zagreb, Croatia
Clin Exp Immunol 135:267-72. 2004The fusion protein of the respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) binds to the pattern recognition receptors, TLR4 and CD14, and initiates innate immunity response to the virus...
- Modulating Toll-like receptor mediated signaling by (1-->3)-beta-D-glucan rapidly induces cardioprotectionChuanfu Li
Department of Surgery, James H Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
Cardiovasc Res 61:538-47. 2004..In the present study, we report that GP rapidly induced cardioprotection against I/R injury in vivo...
- [The effect of nitric oxide inhalation on the expression of COX-2 and toll-like receptor 4 in rat acute lung injury induced by lipopolysaccharide]Yan wen Wu
Department of Respiration, Union Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 32:111-4. 2009To study the effect of nitric oxide (NO) on the expression of cyclo-oxygenase 2 (COX-2) and toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) in a rat model of acute lung injury (ALI) induced by lipopolysaccharide (LPS).
- Increased toll-like receptor (TLR) 2 and TLR4 expression in monocytes from patients with type 1 diabetes: further evidence of a proinflammatory stateSridevi Devaraj
Laboratory for Atherosclerosis and Metabolic Research, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:578-83. 2008..The toll-like receptors (TLRs) are pattern recognition receptors, expressed abundantly on monocytes. TLR2 and TLR4 are important in atherosclerosis...
- TLR4 links innate immunity and fatty acid-induced insulin resistanceHang Shi
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Clin Invest 116:3015-25. 2006b>TLR4 is the receptor for LPS and plays a critical role in innate immunity. Stimulation of TLR4 activates proinflammatory pathways and induces cytokine expression in a variety of cell types...
- Regulation of Toll-like receptor 4 expression in the lung following hemorrhagic shock and lipopolysaccharideJie Fan
Department of Surgery, University Health Network, St Michael s Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 168:5252-9. 2002The Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) has recently been shown to function as the major upstream sensor for LPS...
- Toll-like receptor 4 expression is required to control chronic Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in miceBrian Abel
Department of Immunology, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
J Immunol 169:3155-62. 2002..tb.) preferentially use TLR2 signaling. We asked whether TLR4 plays any role in host resistance to M.tb. infection in vivo...
- Modulation of monocyte hyperresponsiveness to TLR ligands by 1,25-dihydroxy-vitamin D3 from LADA and T2DMTao Du
Diabetes Center, Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410011, China
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 83:208-14. 2009..CD14, TLR2 and TLR4 expression were analyzed...
- Dysregulated Toll-like receptor expression and signaling in bone marrow-derived macrophages at the onset of diabetes in the non-obese diabetic mouseMohammad K Mohammad
Department of Medicinal and Biological Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, University of Toledo, 2801 West Bancroft Street, Toledo, OH 43606 3390, USA
Int Immunol 18:1101-13. 2006..Expression levels of TLR3 correlated with poly(I)poly(C)-triggered IFN activity. LPS triggered down-regulation of TLR4 in pre-diabetic NOD, NOR and BALB/c, while levels of TLR4 remained consistently elevated in type 1 diabetic NOD and ..
- Toll4 (TLR4) expression in cardiac myocytes in normal and failing myocardiumS Frantz
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 104:271-80. 1999..in the fly, now termed human Toll-like receptor 4 (hTLR4), appeared to be relatively high in the heart, we examined TLR4 mRNA and protein abundance in isolated cellular constituents of cardiac muscle and in normal and abnormal murine, ..
- Involvement of TLR4/type I IL-1 receptor signaling in the induction of inflammatory mediators and cell death induced by ethanol in cultured astrocytesAna M Blanco
Unidad de Patología Celular, Centro de Investigacion Principe Felipe, Valencia, Spain
J Immunol 175:6893-9. 2005..Cytokine production seems to be initiated by signaling through TLR4/type I IL-1R (IL-1RI) in response to their ligands, LPS and IL-1beta, playing vital roles in innate host defense ..
- Toll-like receptor-4 genotype influences the survival of cystic fibrosis miceJuan C Canale-Zambrano
Dept of Medicine, McGill Univ, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G381-90. 2010..Herein, we assessed whether Tlr4 genotype influences cystic fibrosis intestinal disease by producing and phenotyping 12-wk (adult)- and 4-day (..
- [The effects of chronic hypoxic hypercapnia on the TLR4 and NFkappaB in hippocampus neuron in rats]Yong Li
Department of Neurology, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325027, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 25:27-30. 2009To study the expression and effect of TLR4 and NFkappaB protein in hippocampus neuron in rats exposed to chronic hypoxic hypercapnia.
- TLR4- and TLR2-mediated B cell responses control the clearance of the bacterial pathogen, Leptospira interrogansCecilia Chassin
INSERM, U773, Centre de recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon, BP 416 Paris France
J Immunol 183:2669-77. 2009..Host defense mechanisms remain obscure, although TLR4 has been shown to be involved in clearing Leptospira...
- Soy phosphatidylcholine inhibited TLR4-mediated MCP-1 expression in vascular cellsAtsushi Ishikado
Department of Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Japan
Atherosclerosis 205:404-12. 2009Inflammatory signaling via Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) has been shown to facilitate atherogenesis...
- Interleukin-10 activates Toll-like receptor 4 and requires MyD88 for cardiomyocyte survivalAshim K Bagchi
Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, Department of Physiology, St Boniface Research Centre, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, 351 Tache Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R2H 2A6
Cytokine 61:304-14. 2013Toll-like receptors (TLRs) are important in a variety of inflammatory diseases including acute cardiac disorders. TLR4 innate signaling regulates the synthesis of anti-inflammatory cytokine, interleukin-10 (IL-10) upon TLR4 agonists' re-..
- Monocytes from children with clinically stable cystic fibrosis show enhanced expression of Toll-like receptor 4Nina C Sturges
Institute for Child Health Research, Centre for Child Health Research, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Pediatr Pulmonol 45:883-9. 2010..Pattern recognition receptors such as Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2) and TLR4 identify bacterial pathogens and activate the innate immune response...
- [Effects of Chinese herbal medicine Dusuqing Granule on toll-like receptor 4 signaling in multiple organ injury induced by bacterial pneumonia in aged rats]Shou fu Wang
Henan Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Institute of Geriatrics, Henan College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Department of Encephalopathy, Henan Province Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Zhengzhou 450004, Henan Province, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 9:84-90. 2011..mechanism of Dusuqing Granule, a compound Chinese herbal medicine, on the senile multiple organ injury caused by bacterial pneumonia by observing the expression changes of molecules related to toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) signaling.
- Lactobacillus reuteri strains reduce incidence and severity of experimental necrotizing enterocolitis via modulation of TLR4 and NF-κB signaling in the intestineYuying Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical School, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 302:G608-17. 2012..In response to probiotic, mRNA expression of IL-6, TNF-α, TLR4, and NF-κB was significantly downregulated, while mRNA levels of anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10 were ..
- Toll-like receptor 4 contributes to blood pressure regulation and vascular contraction in spontaneously hypertensive ratsGisele F Bomfim
Department of Pharmacology, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clin Sci (Lond) 122:535-43. 2012Activation of TLRs (Toll-like receptors) induces gene expression of proteins involved in the immune system response. TLR4 has been implicated in the development and progression of CVDs (cardio-vascular diseases)...
- Prevention of acute kidney injury in a rodent model of cirrhosis following selective gut decontamination is associated with reduced renal TLR4 expressionNaina Shah
UCL Institute of Hepatology, UCL Medical School, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
J Hepatol 56:1047-53. 2012..primes the kidney to the effect of superimposed inflammation by upregulating expression of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4), NFκB, and cytokines...
- Melatonin inhibits type 1 interferon signaling of toll-like receptor 4 via heme oxygenase-1 induction in hepatic ischemia/reperfusionJung Woo Kang
School of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Korea
J Pineal Res 53:67-76. 2012..heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) induction and type 1 interferon (IFN) signaling pathway downstream of toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) were investigated. Rats were subjected to 60min of ischemia followed by 5-hr reperfusion...
- [Toll-like receptor 2 and Toll-like receptor 4 participates in mediation of acute otitis media and mortality in pneumococcal infections in mice]Sheng li Li
Scientific Research Centre, Medical School of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 46:1009-18. 2011To investigate the roles of Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2) and Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) in host defense against Streptococcus pneumoniae infection in the middle ear.
- Effects of eritoran tetrasodium, a toll-like receptor 4 antagonist, on intestinal microcirculation in endotoxemic ratsYu Chang Yeh
Department of Anesthesiology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Shock 37:556-61. 2012..In conclusion, we have established a promising rat protocol to investigate the intestinal microcirculation in endotoxemia. Our data indicate that eritoran can reduce microcirculatory dysfunction in endotoxemic rats...
- Ginkgolide B reduces neuronal cell apoptosis in the traumatic rat brain: possible involvement of toll-like receptor 4 and nuclear factor kappa B pathwayWen Hua Yu
Department of Neurosurgery, First Hangzhou Municipal People s Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Hangzhou 310000, China
Phytother Res 26:1838-44. 2012..Thus, GB may inhibit TLR-4 and NF-κB-dependent inflammatory responses, and furthermore lessen neuronal cell apoptosis after TBI, which may support the use of GB for the treatment of TBI...
- The role of CD14 and Toll-like receptor 4 of Kupffer cells in hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury in ratsX Luan
Department of Hepatobliliary Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing, China
Transplant Proc 44:937-41. 2012The objective of this study was to study the role of CD14 and Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) in Kupffer cells (KCs) on ischemia reperfusion injury (IRI) in rat liver grafts.
- [Effect of TLR4 on the migration of asthmatic airway smooth muscle cells induced by airway epithelial cells]Hai Ying Su
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hospital Affiliated Guilin Medical College, Guilin 541001, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 28:103-6. 2012To explore the effect of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) activation on the migration of asthmatic airway smooth muscle cell (ASMCs) induced by airway epithelial cells.
- Pathogen recognition by the innate immune systemHimanshu Kumar
Laboratory of Host Defense, WPI Immunology Frontier Research Center, Osaka, Japan
Int Rev Immunol 30:16-34. 2011..In this review, we comprehensively review the recent progress in the field of PAMP recognition by PRRs and the signaling pathways activated by PRRs...
- Ischemic preconditioning protects against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury through inhibiting toll-like receptor 4/NF-κB signaling pathway in ratsJing Yang
Department of Pharmacology, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 36:972-8. 2011..ischemic preconditioning (IPC) against myocardial ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury is mediated by toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)/NF-κB pathway, and whether these effects are related to the release of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP).
- Toll-like receptor 4-deficient mice are resistant to chronic hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertensionKaren C Young
Department of Pediatrics Division of Neonatology and Batchelor Children s Research Institute, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Exp Lung Res 36:111-9. 2010Current data suggest that Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4), a key molecule in the innate immune response, may also be activated following tissue injury...
- Impact of toll-like receptor 4 on the severity of acute pancreatitis and pancreatitis-associated lung injury in miceR Sharif
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Gut 58:813-9. 2009..Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) initiates a complex signalling pathway when it interacts with lipopolysaccharide (LPS), which ultimately results ..
- STAT2*C related genotypes and allele but not TLR4 and CD40 gene polymorphisms are associated with higher susceptibility for asthmaYao Yuan Hsieh
1 Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Int J Biol Sci 5:74-81. 2009..Herein we aimed to investigate whether signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT2), toll-like receptors 4 (TLRs4) and CD40-related polymorphisms are associated with asthma susceptibility...
- Saturated fatty acids produce an inflammatory response predominantly through the activation of TLR4 signaling in hypothalamus: implications for the pathogenesis of obesityMarciane Milanski
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Campinas, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Neurosci 29:359-70. 2009....
- Toll-like receptor 4 gene polymorphism and early onset of diabetic retinopathy in patients with type 2 diabetesMonika Buraczynska
Laboratory for DNA Analysis and Molecular Diagnostics, Department of Nephrology, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Hum Immunol 70:121-4. 2009Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) is an important mediator of innate immunity. Type 2 diabetes (DM2) might be associated with changed innate immune response...
- Lipopolysaccharide directly stimulates aldosterone production via toll-like receptor 2 and toll-like receptor 4 related PI(3)K/Akt pathway in rat adrenal zona glomerulosa cellsHsin Lei Huang
Department and Institute of Physiology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Cell Biochem 111:872-80. 2010..Our results suggest that LPS-induced aldosterone secretion in a time- and dose-dependent manner and via TLR2 and TLR4 signaling pathway...
- [Expression of toll-like receptors on CD14+ monocytes from patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and smokers]Ming Ming Pan
Graduate School of Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:2103-7. 2008To investigate the expression of toll-like receptor-2 (TLR2), TLR4 on the CD14+ monocytes of patients with stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and healthy smokers, and to explore the role of TLR2 and TLR4 in COPD ..
- Toll-like receptor 4-myeloid differentiation factor 88 signaling contributes to ventilator-induced lung injury in miceHuihua Li
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Anesthesiology 113:619-29. 2010..Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) signaling via the adaptor protein myeloid differentiation factor 88 (MyD88) is proinflammatory and plays a ..
- Curcumin attenuates inflammation through inhibition of TLR-4 receptor in experimental colitisA Lubbad
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, P O Box 24923, Safat, Kuwait
Mol Cell Biochem 322:127-35. 2009..These findings demonstrate that signaling pathway of curcumin-induced inhibition of inflammation involves TLR-4 and MyD88, and therefore may serve as an important therapeutic target in IBD...
- Binge alcohol drinking is associated with GABAA alpha2-regulated Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) expression in the central amygdalaJuan Liu
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Neuropsychopharmacology Laboratory, Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:4465-70. 2011..with inhibition of α2 expression, decreased GABA(A) receptor density, and inhibition of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)...
- Inhibiting toll-like receptor 4 signaling ameliorates pulmonary fibrosis during acute lung injury induced by lipopolysaccharide: an experimental studyZhengYu He
Department of Anesthesiology, Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200011, China
Respir Res 10:126. 2009Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) is essential in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced fibroblast activation and collagen secretion in vitro...
- Toll-like receptor 4 gene Asp299Gly polymorphism is associated with reductions in vascular inflammation, angiographic coronary artery disease, and clinical diabetesMatthew J Kolek
Cardiovascular Department, Division of Cardiology, LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah 84143, USA
Am Heart J 148:1034-40. 2004..We evaluated whether the Asp299Gly polymorphism in the TLR4 gene, which impairs inflammatory responses, is associated with reduced vascular inflammation (assessed by C-..
- [Toll-like receptor 4 expression in macrophages in endotoxin-induced uveitis in Wistar rats]Wei Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Beijing Chaoyang Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100020, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 46:355-61. 2010To investigate the dynamics and distribution of toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) in uvea-resident tissue macrophages during endotoxin-induced uveitis (EIU) in Wistar rats.
- Therapeutic approach to regulate innate immune response by Toll-like receptor 4 antagonist E5564 in rats with D-galactosamine-induced acute severe liver injuryToshiyuki Kitazawa
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:1089-94. 2009Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) is a transmembrane protein, existing mainly in macrophages, such as Kupffer cells of the liver...
- Toll-like receptor 4 and inducible nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphisms are associated with Type 2 diabetesRenata A Bagarolli
Department of Internal Medicine, State University of Campinas, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Diabetes Complications 24:192-8. 2010The toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) and inducible nitric oxide synthase are proteins from the innate immune system that, when activated, can induce insulin resistance...
- TLR4 is a negative regulator in noninfectious lung inflammationHang Zhao
Pulmonary and Critical Care Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Immunol 184:5308-14. 2010..A lack of TLR4 is associated with even stronger inflammatory response in the lung as shown by increased neutrophil counts and ..
- Eccentric contraction induces inflammatory responses in rat skeletal muscle: role of tumor necrosis factor-alphaPeng Liao
Tianjin Key Laboratory of Exercise Physiology and Sports Medicine, Tianjin University of Sport, Tianjin, China
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R599-607. 2010..was progressively upregulated during exercise and recovery, whereas the expression of the Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) in DVL was downregulated in both muscles...
- Salvage effect of E5564, Toll-like receptor 4 antagonist on d-galactosamine and lipopolysaccharide-induced acute liver failure in ratsToshiyuki Kitazawa
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, Nara, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:1009-12. 2010The transmembrane protein Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4), which exists mainly in macrophages such as Kupffer cells of the liver, plays an important role in recognizing and mediating macrophage activation and pro-inflammatory cytokine release...
- Toll-like receptor 4 expression during cerebral aneurysm formation. Laboratory investigationTomohiro Aoki
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
J Neurosurg 113:851-8. 2010..Because Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) stimulates NF-κB activation in arterial walls in atherosclerosis, the authors hypothesize that TLR4 expresses in ..
- Site differences of Toll-like receptor expression in the mucous epithelium of rat small intestineY Mantani
Department of Bioresource Science, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Kobe University, Japan
Histol Histopathol 26:1295-303. 2011....
- Early life activation of toll-like receptor 4 reprograms neural anti-inflammatory pathwaysAbdeslam Mouihate
Hotchkiss Brain Institute and Snyder Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Neurosci 30:7975-83. 2010..Postnatal LPS administration did cause a persistent upregulation of the LPS Toll-like receptor-4 (TLR4) mRNA in liver and spleen, but not in brain, pituitary, or adrenal gland...
- Surface TLR2 and TLR4 expression on mature rat mast cells can be affected by some bacterial components and proinflammatory cytokinesAnna Pietrzak
Department of Experimental Immunology, Medical University of Łódź, Pomorska 251, 92 213 Łódź, Poland
Mediators Inflamm 2011:427473. 2011..technique, we documented that freshly isolated mature rat peritoneal mast cells do express surface TLR2 and TLR4 protein, but not CD14 molecules, and respond to stimulation with TLR2 and TLR4 ligands by cysteinyl leukotriene ..
- Anionic pulmonary surfactant phospholipids inhibit inflammatory responses from alveolar macrophages and U937 cells by binding the lipopolysaccharide-interacting proteins CD14 and MD-2Koji Kuronuma
Department of Medicine, Program in Cell Biology, National Jewish Health, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
J Biol Chem 284:25488-500. 2009..Our data clearly identify important anti-inflammatory properties of the minor surfactant phospholipids at the environmental interface of the lung...
- Involvement of the TLR4 (Toll-like receptor4) signaling pathway in palmitate-induced INS-1 beta cell deathSung Mi Lee
Institutes for Medical Sciences, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon 442 749, Republic of Korea
Mol Cell Biochem 354:207-17. 2011..Gene knockdown of TLR4 prevented palmitate-induced INS-1 cell death, while knockdown of TLR2 did not...
- Activation of Toll-like receptors 2 and 4 in Aspergillus fumigatus keratitis- Jie Zhao
Department of Ophthalmology, Cardiovascular Remodeling and Function Research, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, China
Innate Immun 15:155-68. 2009Toll-like receptor (TLR) 2 and TLR4 are major receptors of Aspergillus fumigatus. Aspergillus fumigatus signaling in cornea induces the production of many pro-inflammatory molecules...
- TLR activation induces TNF-alpha production from adult neural stem/progenitor cellsRuxandra Covacu
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Division of Neuroimmunology, Division of Rheumatology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Immunol 182:6889-95. 2009..In this study, we determine how different proinflammatory cytokines modulate the expression of TLR2 and TLR4 in NSCs and how these cells respond to TLR2 and TLR4 agonists...
- [The effect of lipopolysaccharide on the expression and activity of Toll-like receptor 4 in mesenchymal stem cells]Liang Shi
Department of Hematology, Affiliated Hospital of Guiyang Medical College, Guiyang 550004, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 28:828-31. 2007..To investigate the effect of lipopolysaccharide(LPS) on the expression and activity of Toll-like receptor 4(TLR-4) in mesenchymal stem cells (MSC)...
- Decreased expression of Toll-like receptor 2 and 4 on macrophages in experimental severe acute pancreatitisNaoki Matsumura
Division of Gastroenterological Surgery, Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Kobe J Med Sci 53:219-27. 2007..TLR2 recognizes lipoteichoic acid (LTA) of gram-positive bacteria, and TLR4 recognizes lipopolysaccharide (LPS) of gram-negative bacilli...
- [Expression of lipopolysaccharide receptors CD14 and TLR4 in a model of rat molar apical periodontitis]Chen Zhang
Department of Cariology and Endodontology, Faculty of Stomatology, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100050, China
Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 42:148-9. 2007To characterize the expression of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) receptors-CD14 and TLR4 in rat peri-radicular tissue and to investigate the signal transduction pathway of LPS and its receptors in periapical periodontitis.
- Expansion of circulating Toll-like receptor 4-positive monocytes in patients with acute coronary syndromeHeiko Methe
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Circulation 111:2654-61. 2005..The underlying signaling mechanisms are unknown thus far. We hypothesized that the human isoform of Toll-like receptor (hTLR)-4 is involved in monocyte activation of patients with accelerated forms of atherosclerosis...
- The effect of polymorphisms at the CD14 promoter and the TLR4 gene on asthma phenotypes in Turkish children with asthmaC Sackesen
School of Medicine, Pediatric Allergy and Asthma Unit, Hacettepe University, Hacettepe, Ankara, Turkey
Allergy 60:1485-92. 2005..The combined effects of the genetic variants of various molecules in the endotoxin response pathway on asthma related phenotypes are largely unknown...
- Association of polymorphisms of toll-like receptor 4 with a reduced prevalence of hay fever and atopyAmbikaipakan Senthilselvan
Department of Public Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 100:463-8. 2008..The toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) gene encodes the principal innate immunity receptor in humans for bacterial endotoxin...
- [Effect of nitric oxide on Toll-like receptor 2/4 gene expression in the liver in acute hemorrhagic necrotizing pancreatitis in rats]Lei Zhang
Affiliated Union Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, Hubei, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 18:161-4. 2006..To investigate the effect of nitric oxide (NO) on Toll-like receptors 2 and 4 (TLR 2/4) gene expression in the liver in acute hemorrhagic necrotizing pancreatitis (AHNP) in rats...
- C3H/HeJ mice carrying a toll-like receptor 4 mutation are protected against the development of insulin resistance in white adipose tissue in response to a high-fat dietM Poggi
INSERM UMR 626 Faculté de Médecine Timone, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Diabetologia 50:1267-76. 2007..gram-negative bacterial infection, lipopolysaccharide causes an inflammatory reaction via toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4), which has an essential function in the induction of innate and adaptative immunity...
- Role of nitric oxide in Toll-like receptor 2 and 4 mRNA expression in liver of acute hemorrhagic necrotizing pancreatitis ratsLei Zhang
Center of Pancreatic Surgery, Affiliated Union Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 12:485-8. 2006..To investigate the role of nitric oxide (NO) in Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2)/4mRNA expression in livers of acute hemorrhagic necrotizing pancreatitis (AHNP) rats...
- Prostate epithelial cells can act as early sensors of infection by up-regulating TLR4 expression and proinflammatory mediators upon LPS stimulationGerardo Gatti
Centro de Investigaciones en Bioquímica Clínica e Inmunología CIBICI CONICET Departamento de Bioquímica Clínica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Ciudad Universitaria, Cordoba, 5000, Argentina
J Leukoc Biol 79:989-98. 2006..Prostate epithelial cells constitutively express significant levels of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) and CD14 mRNA...
- Susceptibility of prostate epithelial cells to Chlamydia muridarum infection and their role in innate immunity by recruitment of intracellular Toll-like receptors 4 and 2 and MyD88 to the inclusionJuan Pablo Mackern-Oberti
CIBICI CONICET, Departamento de Bioquimica Clinica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Haya de la Torre y Medina Allende, Ciudad Universitaria, Cordoba 5000, Argentina
Infect Immun 74:6973-81. 2006..Moreover, we analyzed the expression of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4), TLR2, and related molecules on PEC and the effect of C. muridarum infection on their expression...
- Expression of Toll-like receptor 4 in various organs in rats with D-galactosamine-induced acute hepatic failureToshiyuki Kitazawa
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:e494-8. 2008..Kupffer cells, resident macrophages of the liver, have a transmembrane protein Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4), which recognizes endotoxin (lipopolysaccharide; LPS) or LPS-CD14 complex and mediates macrophage activation and ..
- Toll-like receptor 4 in rat prostate: modulation by testosterone and acute bacterial infection in epithelial and stromal cellsAmado A Quintar
Center of Electron Microscopy, School of Medical Sciences, National University of Cordoba, X5000HRA Córdoba, Argentina
Biol Reprod 75:664-72. 2006..However, little information is available regarding the immunobiology of this gland. Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) is considered to be a major sensor of danger signals and a key trigger of the innate immune responses...
- Up-regulation of Toll-like receptor 4 was suppressed by emodin and baicalin in the setting of acute pancreatitisZongfang Li
Department of General Surgery, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Medical School, Xi an Jiaotong University, No 157, Xiwu Road, Xi an, Shaanxi Province 710004, PR China
Biomed Pharmacother 63:120-8. 2009..Recent studies demonstrated that pancreatic enzymes could induce cytokine expression via Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) signal pathway, indicating a possible role of TLR4 in local pancreatic injury and systemic inflammatory response...
- Asp299Gly and Thr399Ile genotypes of the TLR4 gene are associated with a reduced prevalence of diabetic neuropathy in patients with type 2 diabetesGottfried Rudofsky
Department Medicine I, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Diabetes Care 27:179-83. 2004..To establish whether single nucleotide polymorphisms (Asp299Gly and Thr399Ile) of the toll-like receptor 4 have an association with late diabetic complications...
- [Study on the expressions and roles of renal heat shock protein 72 and Toll-like receptor 4 in hepatorenal syndrome in rat]Chun Gen Yan
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Affiliated to Medical College, Shaoxing College of Arts and Science, Shaoxing, Zhejiang, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 19:731-4. 2007To explore the expressions and roles of renal heat shock protein 72(HSP72) and Toll-like receptor 4(TLR4) during development of hepatorenal syndrome in rat.
- Activation of innate immunity in the CNS triggers neurodegeneration through a Toll-like receptor 4-dependent pathwaySeija Lehnardt
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8514-9. 2003..We show that in the CNS, specific activation of innate immunity through a Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)-dependent pathway leads to neurodegeneration...
- Hypertensive rats are susceptible to TLR4-mediated signaling following exposure to combustion source particulate matterPeter S Gilmour
Center for Environmental Medicine, Asthma and Lung Biology, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Inhal Toxicol 16:5-18. 2004Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) has been shown to play a role in cell signaling that results in neutrophilic inflammation in response to lipopolysaccharide and respiratory syncytial virus infection...
- Differential effect of insulin treatment on decreased levels of beta-defensins and Toll-like receptors in diabetic ratsOren Froy
Institute of Biochemistry, Food Science and Nutrition, Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, PO Box 12, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Mol Immunol 44:796-802. 2007..These findings may lay the grounds for future design of novel treatments that will induce defensins and TLRs and, as a result, bolster the immune system in diabetic patients...
- Aging-related hyperinflammation in endotoxemia is mediated by the alpha2A-adrenoceptor and CD14/TLR4 pathwaysJennifer Leong
The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Life Sci 86:740-6. 2010....
- TLR4 Asp299Gly polymorphism is not associated with coronary artery stenosisIan A Yang
Human Genetics Division Mailpoint 808, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Tremona Road, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Atherosclerosis 170:187-90. 2003..The Asp299Gly polymorphism in the toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) gene reduces responsiveness to lipopolysaccharide and has been associated with reduced incidence and slower ..
- The effect of lipopolysaccharides on the expression of CD14 and TLR4 in rat Kupffer cellsJun Ming Feng
Research Institute of Pathology, Southwestern Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 2:265-9. 2003To assess the effect of lipopolysaccharides (LPS) on the expression of CD14 and TLR4 in rat Kupffer cells (KCs).
- Toll-like receptor-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of paxillin via MyD88-dependent and -independent pathwaysKaoru Hazeki
Division of Molecular Medical Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Eur J Immunol 33:740-7. 2003..were used as activators of TLR2, while lipopolysaccharides (LPS) and lipoteichoic acid were used as TLR4 ligands...
- Oxidative stress generated by hemorrhagic shock recruits Toll-like receptor 4 to the plasma membrane in macrophagesKinga A Powers
Department of Surgery, St Michael s Hospital and University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Exp Med 203:1951-61. 2006..rodents subjected to hemorrhagic shock/resuscitation expressed increased surface levels of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4), an effect inhibited by adding the antioxidant N-acetylcysteine to the resuscitation fluid...
- [Influence of sexual difference on expression of Toll-like receptor 4 and myeloid differential protein-2 mRNA in the lung in septic rats]Xiao Hui DU
Department of General Surgery, The General Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100853, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 17:726-8. 2005To investigate the influence of gender on the gene expression of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4), myeloid differential protein-2 (MD-2) and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) in the lung in septic rats.
- Effect of nitric oxide on toll-like receptor 2 and 4 gene expression in rats with acute lung injury complicated by acute hemorrhage necrotizing pancreatitisHe Shui Wu
Center of Pancreatic Surgery, Affiliated Union Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 4:609-13. 2005..This study aimed to investigate the changes in TLR2/4 gene expression in the lungs of rats with acute lung injury (ALI) complicated by acute hemorrhage necrotizing pancreatitis (AHNP) and the effect of NO on the TLR2/4 gene expression...
- Toll-like receptors in rat brains injured by hypoxic-ischaemia or exposed to staphylococcal alpha-toxinDanuta Maslinska
Department of Experimental and Clinical Neuropathology, Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warszawa, Poland
Folia Neuropathol 42:125-32. 2004..In such vessels the spectrum of ultrastructural lesions was found. The presence of TLR4 detected in the nerve cells of the subcortical gray matter of the brain is particularly of interest, but requires ..
- Toll-like receptor 4 Asp299Gly gene polymorphism and risk of atherothrombosisRobert Y L Zee
Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, and the Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
Stroke 36:154-7. 2005Recent findings of an association between a functional toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) D299G gene variant and reduced risk of atherothrombotic disorders have generated great interest.
- Intra-uterine growth restriction downregulates the hepatic toll like receptor-4 expression and functionOzlem Equils
Department of Pediatrics, Cedars Sinai Medical Center David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Clin Dev Immunol 12:59-66. 2005..The hepatic TLR4 protein concentration was undetectable in the IUGR rats that had restricted milk intake during the suckling period (..
- Inhibition of cell proliferation by bacterial lipopolysaccharides in TLR4-positive epithelial cells: independence of nitric oxide and cytokine releaseKarin Muller-Decker
German Cancer Research Center, Research Project Eicosanoids and Tumor Development, Heidelberg, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 124:553-61. 2005..Upon binding of ligands, TLR initiate innate immune response in immune and most likely epithelial cells. The TLR4 isoform is considered as a lipopolysaccharide (LPS) receptor...
- Toll-like receptor 4 detected in exocrine pancreas and the change of expression in cerulein-induced pancreatitisYuan Li
Institute of Digestive Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Pancreas 30:375-81. 2005To detect Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) expression and distribution in rat pancreas and the change of TLR4 expression in cerulein-induced pancreatitis (CIP).
- Variation in the toll-like receptor 4 gene and susceptibility to myocardial infarctionJohn W Holloway
Human Genetics Division, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Pharmacogenet Genomics 15:15-21. 2005Variation in the gene encoding toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4), a transmembrane receptor that mediates inflammatory responses to bacterial endotoxin, has been associated with susceptibility to atherosclerosis and its complications, such as ..
- Lack of association between polymorphisms of the toll-like receptor 4 gene and cerebral ischemiaPeter Reismann
Department Medicine I, University of Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurol 251:853-8. 2004Toll-like receptor-4 (TLR4), an important mediator of the innate immune response, is expressed in atherosclerotic lesions...
- [Study on the expression of TLR4 on splenocytes and its relation with CD4(+) CD25(+) regulatory T cells in peripheral blood in severely burnt rats]Ying jun Fu
Department of Pharmacology, Nanchang University Medical College, Nanchang 330006, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 23:523-6. 2007To investigate the expression of Toll like receptor 4(TLR4) on splenocytes and TNF-alpha mRNA, the dynamic changes of CD4(+) CD25(+) regulatory T cell(Treg) and endotoxin(ET) in peripheral blood of burnt rats during the early phase, and ..
- Chlamydophila pneumoniae induces expression of toll-like receptor 4 and release of TNF-alpha and MIP-2 via an NF-kappaB pathway in rat type II pneumocytesHeide Wissel
Clinic for Neonatology, Campus Charite Mitte, Schumannstr, 20 21, D 10098 Berlin, Germany
Respir Res 6:51. 2005....
- TLR5 and Pulmonary Innate ImmunityTHOMAS HAWN; Fiscal Year: 2009..The immunogenetic models derived from these studies will illuminate the molecular basis of why individuals have different susceptibility to flagellated bacterial infections and hopefully culminate in novel insights for future therapies. ..
- ACUTE RENAL FAILURE--IMPACT OF FLUORINATED ANESTHETICSRICHARD ZAGER; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Toll-like Receptors and the Innate Immune ResponseTHOMAS HAWN; Fiscal Year: 2003..tuberculosis and L. major will reveal novel insights about innate immunity and infectious diseases that will have implications for vaccine development. ..
- Iron Therapy in Renal Disease: Potential ToxicitiesRICHARD ZAGER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Potential reasons for these differences will be assessed, with the ultimate goal of defining the safest way of administering parenteral irons to renal disease patients. ..
- Toll-Like Receptors in Bacterial Antigen Induced HIV-LTROzlem Equils; Fiscal Year: 2004..I have shown that LPS activates HIV-long terminal repeat (LTR) through innate immune system receptor TLR4 via IL-1R signaling molecules...
- ROLE OF IGF-I IN PREVENTING CARDIOMYOCYTE APOPTOSISWei Chao; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Toll-Like Receptor 3 Activation in AstrocytesGREGORY KONAT; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, because TLR3 can also be activated by RNA released from damaged cells, the outcomes of this study will also be applicable to neurodegenerative conditions of non-viral etiology. [unreadable] [unreadable]..