Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tlr4
Description: toll-like receptor 4
Alias: toll-like receptor 4, toll4
Publications162 found, 100 shown here
- Toll-like receptor 4 regulates heme oxygenase-1 expression after hemorrhagic shock induced acute lung injury in mice: requirement of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activationChang Chen
Department of Anesthesiology, Zhongnan Hospital, Medical College of Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, People s Republic of China
Shock 31:486-92. 2009..We concluded that TLR-4 might induce HO-1 messenger RNA expression, which is probably involved in p38MAPK activation in the development of the lung dysfunction after HSR...
- Soybean isoflavone alleviates β-amyloid 1-42 induced inflammatory response to improve learning and memory ability by down regulation of Toll-like receptor 4 expression and nuclear factor-κB activity in ratsB J Ding
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, School of Public Health and Family Medicine, Capital Medical University, No 10 Xitoutiao, You An Men Wai, Beijing 100069, PR China
Int J Dev Neurosci 29:537-42. 2011..interleukin-1β (IL-1β), tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) in the serum and the expression of Toll like receptor4 (TLR4) and nuclear factor-κB p65 (NF-κB p65) mRNA and protein in the brain tissue following intracerebroventricular ..
- Modulating Toll-like receptor mediated signaling by (1-->3)-beta-D-glucan rapidly induces cardioprotectionChuanfu Li
Department of Surgery, James H Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
Cardiovasc Res 61:538-47. 2004..In the present study, we report that GP rapidly induced cardioprotection against I/R injury in vivo...
- Modulation of monocyte hyperresponsiveness to TLR ligands by 1,25-dihydroxy-vitamin D3 from LADA and T2DMTao Du
Diabetes Center, Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410011, China
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 83:208-14. 2009..CD14, TLR2 and TLR4 expression were analyzed...
- In vivo expression of Toll-like receptor 2 and 4 by renal epithelial cells: IFN-gamma and TNF-alpha mediated up-regulation during inflammationTim G A M Wolfs
Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht, Department of General Surgery, University of Maastricht, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Immunol 168:1286-93. 2002..receptor (TLR)4 for resistance to Gram-negative pyelonephritis prompted us to localize the expression of TLR2 and TLR4 mRNA in the kidney at the cellular level by in situ hybridization...
- Regulation of Toll-like receptor 4 expression in the lung following hemorrhagic shock and lipopolysaccharideJie Fan
Department of Surgery, University Health Network, St Michael s Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 168:5252-9. 2002The Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) has recently been shown to function as the major upstream sensor for LPS...
- Toll-like receptor 4 expression is required to control chronic Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in miceBrian Abel
Department of Immunology, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
J Immunol 169:3155-62. 2002..tb.) preferentially use TLR2 signaling. We asked whether TLR4 plays any role in host resistance to M.tb. infection in vivo...
- Differential regulation of Toll-like receptor mRNAs in experimental murine central nervous system infectionsTobias Böttcher
Department of Neurology, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Neurosci Lett 344:17-20. 2003..Streptococcus pneumoniae meningitis led to an enhanced expression of TLR2, TLR4 and TLR9 mRNA...
- Activation of innate immunity in the CNS triggers neurodegeneration through a Toll-like receptor 4-dependent pathwaySeija Lehnardt
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8514-9. 2003..We show that in the CNS, specific activation of innate immunity through a Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)-dependent pathway leads to neurodegeneration...
- Asp299Gly and Thr399Ile genotypes of the TLR4 gene are associated with a reduced prevalence of diabetic neuropathy in patients with type 2 diabetesGottfried Rudofsky
Department Medicine I, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Diabetes Care 27:179-83. 2004..To establish whether single nucleotide polymorphisms (Asp299Gly and Thr399Ile) of the toll-like receptor 4 have an association with late diabetic complications...
- Increased Toll-like receptor 4 expression in infants with respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitisA Gagro
Institute of Immunology, Zagreb, Croatia
Clin Exp Immunol 135:267-72. 2004The fusion protein of the respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) binds to the pattern recognition receptors, TLR4 and CD14, and initiates innate immunity response to the virus...
- Quantitative real-time RT-PCR assessment of spinal microglial and astrocytic activation markers in a rat model of neuropathic painF Y Tanga
Department of Anesthesiology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, HB 7125, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Neurochem Int 45:397-407. 2004..lumbar mRNA levels of glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP), integrin alpha M (ITGAM), toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) and cluster determinant 14 (CD14) were assayed using real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-..
- Expression of toll-like receptor 4 and MD-2 gene and protein in Kupffer cells after ischemia-reperfusion in rat liver graftYong Peng
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, 74 Linjiang Road, Chongqing 400010, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2890-3. 2004To investigate the expression of toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) and MD-2 gene and protein in Kupffer cells (KCs) and their role in ischemia-reperfusion (IR) injury of rat liver graft.
- Toll-like receptors in rat brains injured by hypoxic-ischaemia or exposed to staphylococcal alpha-toxinDanuta Maslinska
Department of Experimental and Clinical Neuropathology, Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warszawa, Poland
Folia Neuropathol 42:125-32. 2004..In such vessels the spectrum of ultrastructural lesions was found. The presence of TLR4 detected in the nerve cells of the subcortical gray matter of the brain is particularly of interest, but requires ..
- Distinct roles of pattern recognition receptors CD14 and Toll-like receptor 4 in acute lung injurySamithamby Jeyaseelan
Division of Respiratory Infections, Department of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson St, Neustadt D 403, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Infect Immun 73:1754-63. 2005..LPS binding and signaling involves CD14 and Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)...
- The CNS role of Toll-like receptor 4 in innate neuroimmunity and painful neuropathyFlobert Y Tanga
Department of Anesthesiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:5856-61. 2005..first time, to our knowledge, a critical role for CNS innate immunity by means of microglial Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) in the induction phase of behavioral hypersensitivity in a mouse and rat model of neuropathy...
- Toll-like receptor 4: a potential link between "danger signals," the innate immune system, and preeclampsia?Yeon Mee Kim
Perinatology Research Branch, NICHD NIH DHHS, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:921-7. 2005..This study was conducted to determine whether changes in TLR-4 and TLR-2 expressions can be detected in the trophoblasts at the placental bed of women with and without preeclampsia...
- The roles of bacteria and TLR4 in rat and murine models of necrotizing enterocolitisTamas Jilling
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Immunol 177:3273-82. 2006..Our aims were to determine whether bacteria and intestinal epithelial TLR4 play roles in a well-established neonatal rat model and a novel neonatal murine model of NEC...
- TLR4 links innate immunity and fatty acid-induced insulin resistanceHang Shi
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Clin Invest 116:3015-25. 2006b>TLR4 is the receptor for LPS and plays a critical role in innate immunity. Stimulation of TLR4 activates proinflammatory pathways and induces cytokine expression in a variety of cell types...
- Toll-like receptor 4 deficiency causes pulmonary emphysemaXuchen Zhang
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Clin Invest 116:3050-9. 2006..Here we show Tlr4(-/-) mice exhibited emphysema as they aged...
- Ketamine suppresses intestinal TLR4 expression and NF-kappaB activity in lipopolysaccharide-treated ratsMin Yu
Department of Anesthesiology, Jinling Hospital, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Croat Med J 47:825-31. 2006To investigate whether ketamine suppresses lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced increase in Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) expression and nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-kappaB) activity in the intestines of rats.
- Changes in Toll-like receptor (TLR)-2 and TLR4 expression and function but not polymorphisms are associated with acute anterior uveitisJohn H Chang
Inflammatory Diseases Research Unit, School of Medical Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:1711-7. 2007..To investigate the expression and polymorphisms of Toll-like receptor (TLR)-2 and -4 in the peripheral neutrophils and monocytes of patients with acute anterior uveitis (AAU)...
- Lipopolysaccharide disrupts tight junctions in cholangiocyte monolayers by a c-Src-, TLR4-, and LBP-dependent mechanismP Sheth
Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 894 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 293:G308-18. 2007..Reduced expression of c-Src, TLR4, or LBP by specific small interfering RNA attenuated lipopolysaccharide-induced permeability and redistribution of ..
- Sepsis induces an increase in thick ascending limb Cox-2 that is TLR4 dependentTarek M El-Achkar
Indiana Center for Biological Mircroscopy, Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1187-96. 2007..Recently, we demonstrated that sepsis upregulates the endotoxin receptor Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) in rat kidney...
- Innate recognition network driving herpes simplex virus-induced corneal immunopathology: role of the toll pathway in early inflammatory events in stromal keratitisPranita P Sarangi
Department of Microbiology, The University of Tennessee, M409 Walters Life Sciences Bldg, 1414 Cumberland Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
J Virol 81:11128-38. 2007..The susceptibility of TLR4(-/-) animals was also evaluated...
- Increased toll-like receptor (TLR) 2 and TLR4 expression in monocytes from patients with type 1 diabetes: further evidence of a proinflammatory stateSridevi Devaraj
Laboratory for Atherosclerosis and Metabolic Research, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:578-83. 2008..The toll-like receptors (TLRs) are pattern recognition receptors, expressed abundantly on monocytes. TLR2 and TLR4 are important in atherosclerosis...
- Clinical relevance of TLR2, TLR4, CD14 and FcgammaRIIA gene polymorphisms in Streptococcus pneumoniae infectionFang Fang Yuan
Research and Development, Australian Red Cross Blood Service Endeavour, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Immunol Cell Biol 86:268-70. 2008..In the present study, polymorphisms in several candidate genes, including TLR2-Arg/Gln753, TLR4-Asp/Gly299, TLR4-Thr/Ile399, CD14-159C/T and FcgammaRIIA-R/H131, were examined in 85 children with pneumococcal ..
- Progesterone administration modulates TLRs/NF-kappaB signaling pathway in rat brain after cortical contusionGang Chen
Department of Neurosurgery, Jinling Hospital, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, PR China
Ann Clin Lab Sci 38:65-74. 2008..Brain samples were extracted at 5 days after trauma. We measured mRNA expression of TLR2 and TLR4 by reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), NF-kappaB binding activity by electrophoretic mobility ..
- Glial TLR4 receptor as new target to treat neuropathic pain: efficacy of a new receptor antagonist in a model of peripheral nerve injury in miceIsabella Bettoni
Department of Biotechnology and Bioscience, University of Milano Bicocca, Milano, Italy
Glia 56:1312-9. 2008..involved in the development and maintenance of neuropathic pain, with a pivotal role of toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)...
- Elevated toll-like receptor 4 expression and signaling in muscle from insulin-resistant subjectsSara M Reyna
Diabetes Division, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Diabetes 57:2595-602. 2008..However, it is not known whether insulin-resistant subjects have abnormal TLR4 signaling...
- Non-stereoselective reversal of neuropathic pain by naloxone and naltrexone: involvement of toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)Mark R Hutchinson
Department of Psychology and the Center for Neuroscience, Campus Box 345, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309 0345, USA
Eur J Neurosci 28:20-9. 2008..It has recently been proposed, on the basis of genetic approaches, that toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) may be a key receptor for initiating microglial activation following L5 spinal nerve injury...
- Curcumin attenuates inflammation through inhibition of TLR-4 receptor in experimental colitisA Lubbad
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, P O Box 24923, Safat, Kuwait
Mol Cell Biochem 322:127-35. 2009..These findings demonstrate that signaling pathway of curcumin-induced inhibition of inflammation involves TLR-4 and MyD88, and therefore may serve as an important therapeutic target in IBD...
- Potential role of macrophages in experimental keratomycosisJianzhang Hu
Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Shandong Eye Institute, Qingdao, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:2087-94. 2009..To investigate the potential role of macrophages in keratomycosis...
- Saturated fatty acids produce an inflammatory response predominantly through the activation of TLR4 signaling in hypothalamus: implications for the pathogenesis of obesityMarciane Milanski
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Campinas, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Neurosci 29:359-70. 2009....
- Expression of toll-like receptor 4 in uvea-resident tissue macrophages during endotoxin-induced uveitisWei Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Beijing Chaoyang Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Mol Vis 15:619-28. 2009To investigate the dynamics and distribution of toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)-positive cells and resident tissue macrophages in the uvea during endotoxin-induced uveitis (EIU) in Wistar rats.
- [The effect of nitric oxide inhalation on the expression of COX-2 and toll-like receptor 4 in rat acute lung injury induced by lipopolysaccharide]Yan wen Wu
Department of Respiration, Union Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 32:111-4. 2009To study the effect of nitric oxide (NO) on the expression of cyclo-oxygenase 2 (COX-2) and toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) in a rat model of acute lung injury (ALI) induced by lipopolysaccharide (LPS).
- Toll-like receptor 4 expression during cerebral aneurysm formation. Laboratory investigationTomohiro Aoki
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
J Neurosurg 113:851-8. 2010..Because Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) stimulates NF-κB activation in arterial walls in atherosclerosis, the authors hypothesize that TLR4 expresses in ..
- Inhibiting toll-like receptor 4 signaling ameliorates pulmonary fibrosis during acute lung injury induced by lipopolysaccharide: an experimental studyZhengYu He
Department of Anesthesiology, Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200011, China
Respir Res 10:126. 2009Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) is essential in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced fibroblast activation and collagen secretion in vitro...
- TLR4 mediates early graft failure after intraportal islet transplantationQ Gao
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Am J Transplant 10:1588-96. 2010..Deficiency of TLR4 in donor, but not in recipient, inhibited NF-kappaB activation, reduced proinflammatory cytokines and improved ..
- Nucleotide oligomerization domain 1 is a dominant pathway for NOS2 induction in vascular smooth muscle cells: comparison with Toll-like receptor 4 responses in macrophagesL Moreno
Cardiothoracic Pharmacology, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London, UK
Br J Pharmacol 160:1997-2007. 2010..Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) activates TLR4, while peptidoglycan products activate NOD1...
- Toll-like receptor 4 signaling in dysfunction of cardiac microvascular endothelial cells under hypoxia/reoxygenationZheng Zhang
Department of Cardiology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, 710032 Shaanxi, China
Inflamm Res 60:37-45. 2011This study was designed to detect the role of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) signaling in the dysfunction of cardiac microvascular endothelial cells (CMECs) after hypoxia/reoxygenation (H/R).
- C-reactive protein triggers inflammatory responses partly via TLR4/IRF3/NF-κB signaling pathway in rat vascular smooth muscle cellsNa Liu
Department of Pharmacology, Xi an Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Xi an 710061, China
Life Sci 87:367-74. 2010..Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) participates in atherogenesis by mediating the inflammatory responses...
- Intrathecal siRNA against Toll-like receptor 4 reduces nociception in a rat model of neuropathic painFei Xiang Wu
Department of Anesthesiology, Eastern Hepatobiliary Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200438, China
Int J Med Sci 7:251-9. 2010..It often occurs as a result of injury to peripheral nerves, dorsal root ganglions (DRG), spinal cord, or brain. Recent studies have suggested that Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) might play a role in neuropathic pain.
- Hypertension augments cardiac Toll-like receptor 4 expression and activityRuth Eissler
Department of Nephrology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University Munich, Munich, Germany
Hypertens Res 34:551-8. 2011..We hypothesized that hypertension is accompanied by enhanced TLR4 expression and activity...
- Lipid-induced insulin resistance mediated by the proinflammatory receptor TLR4 requires saturated fatty acid-induced ceramide biosynthesis in miceWilliam L Holland
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Clin Invest 121:1858-70. 2011..increased inflammation associated with obesity is activation of the innate immune signaling pathway triggered by TLR4 recognition of saturated fatty acids, an event that is essential for lipid-induced insulin resistance...
- Toll-like receptor 4 contributes to blood pressure regulation and vascular contraction in spontaneously hypertensive ratsGisele F Bomfim
Department of Pharmacology, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clin Sci (Lond) 122:535-43. 2012Activation of TLRs (Toll-like receptors) induces gene expression of proteins involved in the immune system response. TLR4 has been implicated in the development and progression of CVDs (cardio-vascular diseases)...
- TLR2, TLR4 and the MYD88 signaling pathway are crucial for neutrophil migration in acute kidney injury induced by sepsisAngela Castoldi
Disciplina de Nefrologia, Departamento de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 7:e37584. 2012The aim of this study was to investigate the role of TLR2, TLR4 and MyD88 in sepsis-induced AKI. C57BL/6 TLR2(-/-), TLR4(-/-) and MyD88(-/-) male mice were subjected to sepsis by cecal ligation and puncture (CLP)...
- Polymorphisms in Toll-like receptors 2, 4, and 9 are highly associated with hearing loss in survivors of bacterial meningitisGijs Th J van Well
Department of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Immunology and Rheumatology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e35837. 2012..Eleven SNPs in seven genes (TLR2, TLR4, TLR9, NOD1, NOD2, CASP1, and TRAIL) were genotyped in 393 survivors of childhood bacterial meningitis (BM) (327 MM ..
- Toll-like receptor 4 mediates microglial activation and production of inflammatory mediators in neonatal rat brain following hypoxia: role of TLR4 in hypoxic microgliaLinli Yao
Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Experimental Teratology, Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Mental Disorders, Department of Histology and Embryology, Shandong University School of Medicine, 250012, Jinan, China
J Neuroinflammation 10:23. 2013..Microglia derived inflammatory mediators may contribute to this process. Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) has been reported to induce microglial activation and cytokines production in brain injuries; however, its role in ..
- Neuron-derived IgG protects dopaminergic neurons from insult by 6-OHDA and activates microglia through the FcγR I and TLR4 pathwaysJie Zhang
Department of Human Anatomy, Weifang Medical University, Weifang 261053, China
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 45:1911-20. 2013..in microglia was elevated to protective levels by neuron-derived IgG at a physiologic level via the FcγR I and TLR4 pathways and microglial activation could be attenuated by IgG blocking...
- The interaction between Toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway and hypoxia-inducible factor 1α in lung ischemia-reperfusion injuryZhiyi Zhou
Department of Pathology, Wuxi People s Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
J Surg Res 188:290-7. 2014..Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) signaling pathway and hypoxia-inducible factor-1α (HIF-1α) are intimately involved in the development and ..
- Central blockade of TLR4 improves cardiac function and attenuates myocardial inflammation in angiotensin II-induced hypertensionRahul B Dange
Comparative Biomedical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, 1909 Skip Bertman Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
Cardiovasc Res 103:17-27. 2014..Although brain has been implicated in the pathogenesis of hypertension, the role of brain TLR4 in hypertension is largely unexplored...
- Toll4 (TLR4) expression in cardiac myocytes in normal and failing myocardiumS Frantz
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 104:271-80. 1999..in the fly, now termed human Toll-like receptor 4 (hTLR4), appeared to be relatively high in the heart, we examined TLR4 mRNA and protein abundance in isolated cellular constituents of cardiac muscle and in normal and abnormal murine, ..
- Dysregulated Toll-like receptor expression and signaling in bone marrow-derived macrophages at the onset of diabetes in the non-obese diabetic mouseMohammad K Mohammad
Department of Medicinal and Biological Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, University of Toledo, 2801 West Bancroft Street, Toledo, OH 43606 3390, USA
Int Immunol 18:1101-13. 2006..Expression levels of TLR3 correlated with poly(I)poly(C)-triggered IFN activity. LPS triggered down-regulation of TLR4 in pre-diabetic NOD, NOR and BALB/c, while levels of TLR4 remained consistently elevated in type 1 diabetic NOD and ..
- Involvement of TLR4/type I IL-1 receptor signaling in the induction of inflammatory mediators and cell death induced by ethanol in cultured astrocytesAna M Blanco
Unidad de Patología Celular, Centro de Investigacion Principe Felipe, Valencia, Spain
J Immunol 175:6893-9. 2005..Cytokine production seems to be initiated by signaling through TLR4/type I IL-1R (IL-1RI) in response to their ligands, LPS and IL-1beta, playing vital roles in innate host defense ..
- Activation of TLR4-mediated NFkappaB signaling in hemorrhagic brain in ratsWeiyu Teng
Department of Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Mediators Inflamm 2009:473276. 2009..Toll-like receptor 4- (TLR4-) mediated nuclear factor kappa-B (NFkappaB) signaling plays critical roles in the activation and regulation of ..
- Systemic Toll-like receptor stimulation suppresses experimental allergic asthma and autoimmune diabetes in NOD miceAude Aumeunier
Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e11484. 2010..We have tested whether Toll-like receptor (TLR) stimulation can recapitulate the protective effect of infectious agents on allergy and autoimmunity...
- [Expression of Toll-like receptor 4 in brain tissue of chronic Toxoplasma gondii infection rats and its effect on brain injury]Yong hua Zhou
Jiangsu Institute of Parasitic Diseases, Key Laboratory on Technology for Parasitic Disease Prevention and Control, Ministry of Health, Wuxi 214064, China
Zhongguo Xue Xi Chong Bing Fang Zhi Za Zhi 24:58-61. 2012To explore the expression of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) in brain tissue of chronic Toxoplasma infection rats and its effect on brain injury.
- Effects of gold nanoparticles on endotoxin-induced uveitis in ratsDavid Valter Pereira
Laboratório de Fisiopatologia Experimental and Instituto Nacional de Ciência e Tecnologia Translacional em Medicina, Programa de Pos Graduacao em Ciencias da Saude, Unidade Academica de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, Criciuma, SC, Brazil
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:8036-41. 2012..This study evaluates the effects of the gold nanoparticle in endotoxin-induced uveitis in rats...
- Functional Toll-like receptor 4 expressed in lactotrophs mediates LPS-induced proliferation in experimental pituitary hyperplasiaMaría Eugenia Sabatino
Centro de Microscopia Electronica, Instituto de Investigaciones en Ciencias de la Salud INICSA CONICET, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Av Enrique Barros y Enfermera Gordillo, Ciudad Universitaria, CP 5000, Cordoba, Argentina
Exp Cell Res 319:3020-34. 2013b>Toll like receptor 4 (TLR4) has been characterized for its ability to recognize bacterial endotoxin lipopolysaccharide (LPS)...
- [Effect of pioglitazone on the expression of TLR4 in renal tissue of diabetic rats]Yiben Yu
Department of Gerontology, DongFeng Hospital, Hubei University of Medicine, Shiyan 442000 Laboratory of Pathogenic Biology, National Center of Clinical Medicine Research, University of South China, Hengyang 421001, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 30:793-7. 2014To investigate the effect of pioglitazone on the expression of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) in renal tissue of diabetic rats.
- Toll-like receptor 4 is involved in a protective effect of rhein on immunoglobulin A nephropathyXiaowen Chen
Department of Clinical Laboratory, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University, Nanchang, China
Indian J Pharmacol 47:27-33. 2015....
- Inhibitory Effect of TLR4 Gene Silencing on Intimal Hyperplasia of Vein GraftingZhicheng Zhu
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, The Second Hospital of Jilin University, Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin, China
Vasc Endovascular Surg 50:464-469. 2016The present study aimed to explore the regulating effect of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) on intimal hyperplasia in rat vein grafts.
- Soy phosphatidylcholine inhibited TLR4-mediated MCP-1 expression in vascular cellsAtsushi Ishikado
Department of Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Japan
Atherosclerosis 205:404-12. 2009Inflammatory signaling via Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) has been shown to facilitate atherogenesis...
- TLR4- and TLR2-mediated B cell responses control the clearance of the bacterial pathogen, Leptospira interrogansCecilia Chassin
INSERM, U773, Centre de recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon, BP 416 Paris France
J Immunol 183:2669-77. 2009..Host defense mechanisms remain obscure, although TLR4 has been shown to be involved in clearing Leptospira...
- Toll-like receptor-4 genotype influences the survival of cystic fibrosis miceJuan C Canale-Zambrano
Dept of Medicine, McGill Univ, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G381-90. 2010..Herein, we assessed whether Tlr4 genotype influences cystic fibrosis intestinal disease by producing and phenotyping 12-wk (adult)- and 4-day (..
- Monocytes from children with clinically stable cystic fibrosis show enhanced expression of Toll-like receptor 4Nina C Sturges
Institute for Child Health Research, Centre for Child Health Research, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Pediatr Pulmonol 45:883-9. 2010..Pattern recognition receptors such as Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2) and TLR4 identify bacterial pathogens and activate the innate immune response...
- [The effects of chronic hypoxic hypercapnia on the TLR4 and NFkappaB in hippocampus neuron in rats]Yong Li
Department of Neurology, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325027, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 25:27-30. 2009To study the expression and effect of TLR4 and NFkappaB protein in hippocampus neuron in rats exposed to chronic hypoxic hypercapnia.
- [Effects of Chinese herbal medicine Dusuqing Granule on toll-like receptor 4 signaling in multiple organ injury induced by bacterial pneumonia in aged rats]Shou fu Wang
Henan Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Institute of Geriatrics, Henan College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Department of Encephalopathy, Henan Province Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Zhengzhou 450004, Henan Province, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 9:84-90. 2011..mechanism of Dusuqing Granule, a compound Chinese herbal medicine, on the senile multiple organ injury caused by bacterial pneumonia by observing the expression changes of molecules related to toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) signaling.
- Pathogen recognition by the innate immune systemHimanshu Kumar
Laboratory of Host Defense, WPI Immunology Frontier Research Center, Osaka, Japan
Int Rev Immunol 30:16-34. 2011..In this review, we comprehensively review the recent progress in the field of PAMP recognition by PRRs and the signaling pathways activated by PRRs...
- Ischemic preconditioning protects against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury through inhibiting toll-like receptor 4/NF-κB signaling pathway in ratsJing Yang
Department of Pharmacology, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 36:972-8. 2011..ischemic preconditioning (IPC) against myocardial ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury is mediated by toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)/NF-κB pathway, and whether these effects are related to the release of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP).
- Lactobacillus reuteri strains reduce incidence and severity of experimental necrotizing enterocolitis via modulation of TLR4 and NF-κB signaling in the intestineYuying Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical School, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 302:G608-17. 2012..In response to probiotic, mRNA expression of IL-6, TNF-α, TLR4, and NF-κB was significantly downregulated, while mRNA levels of anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10 were ..
- Prevention of acute kidney injury in a rodent model of cirrhosis following selective gut decontamination is associated with reduced renal TLR4 expressionNaina Shah
UCL Institute of Hepatology, UCL Medical School, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
J Hepatol 56:1047-53. 2012..primes the kidney to the effect of superimposed inflammation by upregulating expression of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4), NFκB, and cytokines...
- Melatonin inhibits type 1 interferon signaling of toll-like receptor 4 via heme oxygenase-1 induction in hepatic ischemia/reperfusionJung Woo Kang
School of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Korea
J Pineal Res 53:67-76. 2012..heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) induction and type 1 interferon (IFN) signaling pathway downstream of toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) were investigated. Rats were subjected to 60min of ischemia followed by 5-hr reperfusion...
- [Toll-like receptor 2 and Toll-like receptor 4 participates in mediation of acute otitis media and mortality in pneumococcal infections in mice]Sheng li Li
Scientific Research Centre, Medical School of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 46:1009-18. 2011To investigate the roles of Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2) and Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) in host defense against Streptococcus pneumoniae infection in the middle ear.
- Effects of eritoran tetrasodium, a toll-like receptor 4 antagonist, on intestinal microcirculation in endotoxemic ratsYu Chang Yeh
Department of Anesthesiology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Shock 37:556-61. 2012..In conclusion, we have established a promising rat protocol to investigate the intestinal microcirculation in endotoxemia. Our data indicate that eritoran can reduce microcirculatory dysfunction in endotoxemic rats...
- Ginkgolide B reduces neuronal cell apoptosis in the traumatic rat brain: possible involvement of toll-like receptor 4 and nuclear factor kappa B pathwayWen Hua Yu
Department of Neurosurgery, First Hangzhou Municipal People s Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Hangzhou 310000, China
Phytother Res 26:1838-44. 2012..Thus, GB may inhibit TLR-4 and NF-κB-dependent inflammatory responses, and furthermore lessen neuronal cell apoptosis after TBI, which may support the use of GB for the treatment of TBI...
- The role of CD14 and Toll-like receptor 4 of Kupffer cells in hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury in ratsX Luan
Department of Hepatobliliary Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing, China
Transplant Proc 44:937-41. 2012The objective of this study was to study the role of CD14 and Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) in Kupffer cells (KCs) on ischemia reperfusion injury (IRI) in rat liver grafts.
- [Effect of TLR4 on the migration of asthmatic airway smooth muscle cells induced by airway epithelial cells]Hai Ying Su
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hospital Affiliated Guilin Medical College, Guilin 541001, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 28:103-6. 2012To explore the effect of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) activation on the migration of asthmatic airway smooth muscle cell (ASMCs) induced by airway epithelial cells.
- Interleukin-10 activates Toll-like receptor 4 and requires MyD88 for cardiomyocyte survivalAshim K Bagchi
Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, Department of Physiology, St Boniface Research Centre, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, 351 Tache Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R2H 2A6
Cytokine 61:304-14. 2013Toll-like receptors (TLRs) are important in a variety of inflammatory diseases including acute cardiac disorders. TLR4 innate signaling regulates the synthesis of anti-inflammatory cytokine, interleukin-10 (IL-10) upon TLR4 agonists' re-..
- Hypertensive rats are susceptible to TLR4-mediated signaling following exposure to combustion source particulate matterPeter S Gilmour
Center for Environmental Medicine, Asthma and Lung Biology, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Inhal Toxicol 16:5-18. 2004Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) has been shown to play a role in cell signaling that results in neutrophilic inflammation in response to lipopolysaccharide and respiratory syncytial virus infection...
- Toll-like receptor 4 gene Asp299Gly polymorphism is associated with reductions in vascular inflammation, angiographic coronary artery disease, and clinical diabetesMatthew J Kolek
Cardiovascular Department, Division of Cardiology, LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah 84143, USA
Am Heart J 148:1034-40. 2004..We evaluated whether the Asp299Gly polymorphism in the TLR4 gene, which impairs inflammatory responses, is associated with reduced vascular inflammation (assessed by C-..
- Expansion of circulating Toll-like receptor 4-positive monocytes in patients with acute coronary syndromeHeiko Methe
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Circulation 111:2654-61. 2005..The underlying signaling mechanisms are unknown thus far. We hypothesized that the human isoform of Toll-like receptor (hTLR)-4 is involved in monocyte activation of patients with accelerated forms of atherosclerosis...
- The effect of polymorphisms at the CD14 promoter and the TLR4 gene on asthma phenotypes in Turkish children with asthmaC Sackesen
School of Medicine, Pediatric Allergy and Asthma Unit, Hacettepe University, Hacettepe, Ankara, Turkey
Allergy 60:1485-92. 2005..The combined effects of the genetic variants of various molecules in the endotoxin response pathway on asthma related phenotypes are largely unknown...
- Role of nitric oxide in Toll-like receptor 2 and 4 mRNA expression in liver of acute hemorrhagic necrotizing pancreatitis ratsLei Zhang
Center of Pancreatic Surgery, Affiliated Union Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 12:485-8. 2006..To investigate the role of nitric oxide (NO) in Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2)/4mRNA expression in livers of acute hemorrhagic necrotizing pancreatitis (AHNP) rats...
- Prostate epithelial cells can act as early sensors of infection by up-regulating TLR4 expression and proinflammatory mediators upon LPS stimulationGerardo Gatti
Centro de Investigaciones en Bioquímica Clínica e Inmunología CIBICI CONICET Departamento de Bioquímica Clínica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Ciudad Universitaria, Cordoba, 5000, Argentina
J Leukoc Biol 79:989-98. 2006..Prostate epithelial cells constitutively express significant levels of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) and CD14 mRNA...
- [Effect of nitric oxide on Toll-like receptor 2/4 gene expression in the liver in acute hemorrhagic necrotizing pancreatitis in rats]Lei Zhang
Affiliated Union Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, Hubei, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 18:161-4. 2006..To investigate the effect of nitric oxide (NO) on Toll-like receptors 2 and 4 (TLR 2/4) gene expression in the liver in acute hemorrhagic necrotizing pancreatitis (AHNP) in rats...
- Toll-like receptor 4 in rat prostate: modulation by testosterone and acute bacterial infection in epithelial and stromal cellsAmado A Quintar
Center of Electron Microscopy, School of Medical Sciences, National University of Cordoba, X5000HRA Córdoba, Argentina
Biol Reprod 75:664-72. 2006..However, little information is available regarding the immunobiology of this gland. Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) is considered to be a major sensor of danger signals and a key trigger of the innate immune responses...
- Susceptibility of prostate epithelial cells to Chlamydia muridarum infection and their role in innate immunity by recruitment of intracellular Toll-like receptors 4 and 2 and MyD88 to the inclusionJuan Pablo Mackern-Oberti
CIBICI CONICET, Departamento de Bioquimica Clinica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Haya de la Torre y Medina Allende, Ciudad Universitaria, Cordoba 5000, Argentina
Infect Immun 74:6973-81. 2006..Moreover, we analyzed the expression of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4), TLR2, and related molecules on PEC and the effect of C. muridarum infection on their expression...
- C3H/HeJ mice carrying a toll-like receptor 4 mutation are protected against the development of insulin resistance in white adipose tissue in response to a high-fat dietM Poggi
INSERM UMR 626 Faculté de Médecine Timone, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Diabetologia 50:1267-76. 2007..gram-negative bacterial infection, lipopolysaccharide causes an inflammatory reaction via toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4), which has an essential function in the induction of innate and adaptative immunity...
- [Expression of lipopolysaccharide receptors CD14 and TLR4 in a model of rat molar apical periodontitis]Chen Zhang
Department of Cariology and Endodontology, Faculty of Stomatology, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100050, China
Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 42:148-9. 2007To characterize the expression of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) receptors-CD14 and TLR4 in rat peri-radicular tissue and to investigate the signal transduction pathway of LPS and its receptors in periapical periodontitis.
- Expression of Toll-like receptor 4 in various organs in rats with D-galactosamine-induced acute hepatic failureToshiyuki Kitazawa
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:e494-8. 2008..Kupffer cells, resident macrophages of the liver, have a transmembrane protein Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4), which recognizes endotoxin (lipopolysaccharide; LPS) or LPS-CD14 complex and mediates macrophage activation and ..
- [Study on the expressions and roles of renal heat shock protein 72 and Toll-like receptor 4 in hepatorenal syndrome in rat]Chun Gen Yan
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Affiliated to Medical College, Shaoxing College of Arts and Science, Shaoxing, Zhejiang, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 19:731-4. 2007To explore the expressions and roles of renal heat shock protein 72(HSP72) and Toll-like receptor 4(TLR4) during development of hepatorenal syndrome in rat.
- Decreased expression of Toll-like receptor 2 and 4 on macrophages in experimental severe acute pancreatitisNaoki Matsumura
Division of Gastroenterological Surgery, Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Kobe J Med Sci 53:219-27. 2007..TLR2 recognizes lipoteichoic acid (LTA) of gram-positive bacteria, and TLR4 recognizes lipopolysaccharide (LPS) of gram-negative bacilli...
- Up-regulation of Toll-like receptor 4 was suppressed by emodin and baicalin in the setting of acute pancreatitisZongfang Li
Department of General Surgery, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Medical School, Xi an Jiaotong University, No 157, Xiwu Road, Xi an, Shaanxi Province 710004, PR China
Biomed Pharmacother 63:120-8. 2009..Recent studies demonstrated that pancreatic enzymes could induce cytokine expression via Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) signal pathway, indicating a possible role of TLR4 in local pancreatic injury and systemic inflammatory response...
- [The effect of lipopolysaccharide on the expression and activity of Toll-like receptor 4 in mesenchymal stem cells]Liang Shi
Department of Hematology, Affiliated Hospital of Guiyang Medical College, Guiyang 550004, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 28:828-31. 2007..To investigate the effect of lipopolysaccharide(LPS) on the expression and activity of Toll-like receptor 4(TLR-4) in mesenchymal stem cells (MSC)...
- Association of polymorphisms of toll-like receptor 4 with a reduced prevalence of hay fever and atopyAmbikaipakan Senthilselvan
Department of Public Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 100:463-8. 2008..The toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) gene encodes the principal innate immunity receptor in humans for bacterial endotoxin...
- [Expression of toll-like receptors on CD14+ monocytes from patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and smokers]Ming Ming Pan
Graduate School of Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:2103-7. 2008To investigate the expression of toll-like receptor-2 (TLR2), TLR4 on the CD14+ monocytes of patients with stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and healthy smokers, and to explore the role of TLR2 and TLR4 in COPD ..
- Toll-like receptor 4 gene polymorphism and early onset of diabetic retinopathy in patients with type 2 diabetesMonika Buraczynska
Laboratory for DNA Analysis and Molecular Diagnostics, Department of Nephrology, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Hum Immunol 70:121-4. 2009Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) is an important mediator of innate immunity. Type 2 diabetes (DM2) might be associated with changed innate immune response...
- STAT2*C related genotypes and allele but not TLR4 and CD40 gene polymorphisms are associated with higher susceptibility for asthmaYao Yuan Hsieh
1 Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Int J Biol Sci 5:74-81. 2009..Herein we aimed to investigate whether signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT2), toll-like receptors 4 (TLRs4) and CD40-related polymorphisms are associated with asthma susceptibility...
- Impact of toll-like receptor 4 on the severity of acute pancreatitis and pancreatitis-associated lung injury in miceR Sharif
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Gut 58:813-9. 2009..Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) initiates a complex signalling pathway when it interacts with lipopolysaccharide (LPS), which ultimately results ..
- Cornea Epithelial Stem Cell Isolation for BioengineeringDe Quan Li; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will have important scientific significance and high impact on the adult stem cell concept, not only for cornea and ocular surface, but also for other tissues. ..
- TLR5 and Pulmonary Innate ImmunityTHOMAS HAWN; Fiscal Year: 2009..The immunogenetic models derived from these studies will illuminate the molecular basis of why individuals have different susceptibility to flagellated bacterial infections and hopefully culminate in novel insights for future therapies. ..
- ACUTE RENAL FAILURE--IMPACT OF FLUORINATED ANESTHETICSRICHARD ZAGER; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Toll-like Receptors and the Innate Immune ResponseTHOMAS HAWN; Fiscal Year: 2003..tuberculosis and L. major will reveal novel insights about innate immunity and infectious diseases that will have implications for vaccine development. ..
- Iron Therapy in Renal Disease: Potential ToxicitiesRICHARD ZAGER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Potential reasons for these differences will be assessed, with the ultimate goal of defining the safest way of administering parenteral irons to renal disease patients. ..
- Toll-Like Receptors in Bacterial Antigen Induced HIV-LTROzlem Equils; Fiscal Year: 2004..I have shown that LPS activates HIV-long terminal repeat (LTR) through innate immune system receptor TLR4 via IL-1R signaling molecules...
- ROLE OF IGF-I IN PREVENTING CARDIOMYOCYTE APOPTOSISWei Chao; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Toll-Like Receptor 3 Activation in AstrocytesGREGORY KONAT; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, because TLR3 can also be activated by RNA released from damaged cells, the outcomes of this study will also be applicable to neurodegenerative conditions of non-viral etiology. [unreadable] [unreadable]..