Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Thbd
Alias: thrombomodulin, thrombomdulin
- Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of the 5'-flanking region of the Sprague-Dawley rat thrombomodulin geneA Yao
Department of Pathology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock 72205, USA
DNA Seq 10:55-60. 1999The 5'-flanking region of the rat thrombomodulin gene was cloned by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification of adaptor-ligated rat genomic DNA fragment libraries, using primers derived from the coding sequences of the thrombomodulin ..
- Increased immunohistochemical expression of thrombomodulin at placental perivascular myofibroblast in severe preeclampsia (PE)C Bosco
Anatomy and Development Biology Program, Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology Program and Pathology Program, ICBM Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile, Santiago
Histol Histopathol 20:1045-55. 2005..endothelium prevents blood clot formation in vivo by involving a cell surface thrombin-binding glycoprotein, thrombomodulin (TM), that activates plasma anti-coagulant protein C...
- Expression of the endothelial thrombomodulin (TM) on the ischemic rat flap model: preliminary studyFatih Uygur
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Burn Unit, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Haydarpasha Training Hospital, Selimiye Mahallesi Tibbiye Caddesi 34 668, Uskudar, Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Plast Surg 62:693-8. 2009b>Thrombomodulin (TM), a cell surface-expressed glycoprotein predominantly synthesized by vascular endothelial cells, is a critical cofactor for thrombin-medicated activation of protein C...
- An Akt- and Fra-1-dependent pathway mediates platelet-derived growth factor-induced expression of thrombomodulin, a novel regulator of smooth muscle cell migrationAruna Ramachandran
Urological Diseases Research Center, John F Enders Research Laboratories, Room 1077, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Pathol 177:119-31. 2010..Here we show that bladder wall distension leads to PDGFR activation and identify thrombomodulin (TM) as an Akt and AP-1 target in SMC...
- Recombinant thrombomodulin prevents heatstroke by inhibition of high-mobility group box 1 protein in sera of ratsSatoshi Hagiwara
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, Yufu City, Oita, Japan
Shock 34:402-6. 2010..The protein C anticoagulant system inhibits inflammation resulting from various causes. Thrombomodulin (TM), a widely expressed glycoprotein originally identified in vascular endothelium, is an important cofactor ..
- Thrombomodulin mutations in atypical hemolytic-uremic syndromeMieke Delvaeye
VIB K U Leuven Vesalius Research Center, Leuven, Belgium
N Engl J Med 361:345-57. 2009..Genetic factors in the remaining cases are unknown. We studied the role of thrombomodulin, an endothelial glycoprotein with anticoagulant, antiinflammatory, and cytoprotective properties, in atypical ..
- Recombinant human soluble thrombomodulin decreases the plasma high-mobility group box-1 protein levels, whereas improving the acute liver injury and survival rates in experimental endotoxemiaMasaru Nagato
Department of Surgery 1, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
Crit Care Med 37:2181-6. 2009..Therefore, the therapeutic efficacy of recombinant human soluble thrombomodulin (ART-123) administration on the production of inflammatory cytokines and the plasma level of HMGB1 was ..
- Effects of a novel peptide derived from human thrombomodulin on endotoxin-induced uveitis in vitro and in vivoHuiyi Jin
Shanghai Key Laboratory of Ocular Fundus Diseases, Department of Ophthalmology, Shanghai First People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, No 100 Haining Road, Shanghai 200080, PR China
FEBS Lett 585:3457-64. 2011b>Thrombomodulin (TM) is a single-transmembrane glycoprotein receptor for thrombin, which is best known as a cofactor for thrombin-mediated activation of anticoagulant protein C...
- Relative role of genetic complement abnormalities in sporadic and familial aHUS and their impact on clinical phenotypeMarina Noris
Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Clinical Research Center for Rare Diseases, Aldo e Cele Daccò, Via Camozzi, 3 24020 Ranica Bg, Italy
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:1844-59. 2010..Most childhood cases are caused by Shiga toxin-producing bacteria. The other form, atypical HUS (aHUS), accounts for 10% of cases and has a poor prognosis. Genetic complement abnormalities have been found in aHUS...
- Lack of the lectin-like domain of thrombomodulin worsens Shiga toxin-associated hemolytic uremic syndrome in miceCarlamaria Zoja
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Centro Anna Maria Astori, Parco Scientifico Tecnologico Kilometro Rosso, 24126 Bergamo, Italy
J Immunol 189:3661-8. 2012..Based on evidence that abnormalities in thrombomodulin (TM), an anticoagulant endothelial glycoprotein that modulates complement and inflammation, predispose to ..
- Increased thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor and decreased tissue factor pathway inhibitor and thrombomodulin levels in children with hypothyroidismBulent Alioglu
The Ministry of Health of Turkey, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Department of Pediatric Hematology, Director of the Hematology Laboratories, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol 4:146-50. 2012..plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI) and thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFI), tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), thrombomodulin (TM), and tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) levels in children with hypothyroidism.
- Effect of recombinant human soluble thrombomodulin on clinical outcomes of patients with coagulopathy after hematopoietic stem cell transplantationTakayuki Ikezoe
Department of Hematology and Respiratory Medicine, Kochi University, Nankoku, Kochi, Japan
Eur J Haematol 91:442-7. 2013..The patients who developed DIC after 2008 (n = 23) were treated by recombinant human soluble thrombomodulin (rTM), and the others (n = 11) were treated by either heparin and/or antithrombin III concentrate...
- Sexual dimorphism in gene expression after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageVictor Friedrich
a Department of Neurosurgery, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY, USA
Neurol Res 37:1054-9. 2015..In this study, we investigated whether this cross-sexual difference in pathology is reflected in expression levels of genes related to vascular inflammation and structural compromise...
- Changes in cardiac thrombomodulin and heat shock transcription factor 1 expression and peripheral thrombomodulin and catecholamines during hypothermia in ratsHelena Kaija
Department of Forensic Medicine, Institute of Diagnostics, Medical Research Center Oulu, Oulu University Hospital, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Stress 17:504-11. 2014Effects of hypothermia and rewarming on thrombomodulin, catecholamines and heat shock transcription factor 1 (HSF1) were studied in rats...
- Recombinant thrombomodulin protects mice against histone-induced lethal thromboembolismMayumi Nakahara
Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e75961. 2013..cellular and molecular basis of histone-induced lethality and to assess the protective effects of recombinant thrombomodulin (rTM)...
- Recombinant human soluble thrombomodulin prevents peripheral HMGB1-dependent hyperalgesia in ratsJunichi Tanaka
Division of Pharmacology and Pathophysiology, Kinki University School of Pharmacy, Higashi Osaka, 577 8502, Japan Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, Fukuoka University Hospital, Fukuoka, 814 0180, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 170:1233-41. 2013..Recombinant human soluble thrombomodulin (rhsTM), a medicine for treatment of disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC), sequesters HMGB1 and ..
- The association of idiopathic recurrent pregnancy loss with polymorphisms in hemostasis-related genesYunlei Cao
Fudan University, 130 Dong an Road, Shanghai 200032, China NPFPC Laboratory of Contraception and Devices, Shanghai Institute of Planned Parenthood Research, 2140 Xietu Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Gene 530:248-52. 2013..study were to investigate the effects of polymorphisms in hemostasis-related genes antithrombin (SERPINC1), thrombomodulin (THBD), tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), factor V, factor II and annexin A5 (ANXA5), involved in ..
- Deficiency of microvascular thrombomodulin and up-regulation of protease-activated receptor-1 in irradiated rat intestine: possible link between endothelial dysfunction and chronic radiation fibrosisJunru Wang
Department of Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
Am J Pathol 160:2063-72. 2002..We examined radiation-induced changes in endothelial thrombomodulin (TM) and protease-activated receptor-1 (PAR-1) in irradiated intestine, and their relationship to structural, ..
- Mechanisms of anticoagulant and cytoprotective actions of the protein C pathwayE A M Bouwens
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Thromb Haemost 11:242-53. 2013..These discoveries increasingly develop our understanding of the protein C pathway, which will conceivably expand its physiological implications to many areas in the future. ..
- Soluble thrombomodulin protects ischemic kidneysAsif A Sharfuddin
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:524-34. 2009Altered coagulation and inflammation contribute to the pathogenesis of ischemic renal injury. Thrombomodulin is a necessary factor in the anticoagulant protein C pathway and has inherent anti-inflammatory properties...
- Anchoring fusion thrombomodulin to the endothelial lumen protects against injury-induced lung thrombosis and inflammationBi Sen Ding
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 180:247-56. 2009Endothelial thrombomodulin (TM) regulates thrombosis and inflammation. Diverse forms of pulmonary and vascular injury are accompanied by down-regulation of TM, which aggravates tissue injury...
- Reduction expression of thrombomodulin and endothelial cell nitric oxide synthase in dermatomyositisGuang li Shen
Department of Neurology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, China
Neuropathology 27:309-13. 2007..We investigated the expression of thrombomodulin (TM) and endothelial cell nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) in microvessels of DM patients...
- In vivo and in vitro effects of the anticoagulant, thrombomodulin, on the inflammatory response in rodent modelsSatoshi Hagiwara
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, 1 1 Idaigaoka Hasamamachi Yufu, Oita City, 879 5593, Japan
Shock 33:282-8. 2010..We investigated whether the use of recombinant thrombomodulin (rTM), which has activity comparable with antithrombin, tissue factor pathway inhibitor, and activated protein ..
- Clinical significance of selected endothelial activation markers in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusAnna Kuryliszyn-Moskal
Department of Rheumatology and Internal Diseases, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
J Rheumatol 35:1307-13. 2008..We investigated selected endothelial cell activation markers in serum of patients with SLE and their relationships with systemic organ manifestations and disease activity...
- [Expression of thrombomodulin, endothelial protein C receptor in lung tissue of acute paraquat poisoned rats and intervention of sodium dimercaptopropane sulfonate]Zhong qiu Lu
Emergency Medical Department, The First Affiliated Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325000, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 27:453-6. 2009To observe the expression and effect of thrombomodulin (TM) mRNA and endothelial protein C receptor (EPCR) mRNA in lung tissue of acute paraquat poisoned rats, and intervention of sodium dimercaptopropane sulfonate (Na-DMPS).
- Clinical implications of serum thrombomodulin in PR3-ANCA-associated vasculitisK Zycinska
Primary Systemic Vasculitis Outpatient Clinic, Department of Family Medicine, Internal and Metabolic Diseases, Warsaw Medical University, Warsaw, Poland
Eur J Med Res 14:268-70. 2009Vascular injury is the main mechanism in pathophysiology of PR3-ANCA-associated vasculitis. Soluble serum thrombomodulin (sTM) is a membrane-bound receptor for thrombin expressed by vascular endothelial cells. -
- Cerebral endothelial injury in elderly patients with severe head injury measured by serum thrombomodulin and von Willebrand factorHiroyuki Yokota
Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, Main Hospital, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 47:383-8; discussion 388. 2007Elevated serum levels of thrombomodulin (TM) and von Willebrand factor (vWf) are good indicators of injury and activation of cerebral endothelium in patients with severe simple head injury...
- Age-dependent vulnerability to endotoxemia is associated with reduction of anticoagulant factors activated protein C and thrombomodulinMarlene E Starr
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, USA
Blood 115:4886-93. 2010..b>Thrombomodulin (TM), an endothelial cell membrane receptor, accelerates the conversion of PC to activated protein C (APC), ..
- Plasma biomarker profiles in acute exacerbation of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisHarold R Collard
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 299:L3-7. 2010..D, KL-6, von Willebrand factor), systemic inflammation (IL-6), and coagulation/fibrinolysis (protein C, thrombomodulin, plasminogen activator inhibitor-1)...
- Thrombomodulin and antibeta2-glycoprotein I in stroke in childrenEwa Pilarska
Department of Developmental Neurology, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
Med Sci Monit 16:CR348-51. 2010A quantitative systematic review recently discussed the role of thrombomodulin (Thm) and antibeta2-glycoprotein I (beta2-GPI) in cerebral strokes in adults. Little is known about the problem in children...
- Decreased expression of thrombomodulin is correlated with tumor cell invasiveness and poor prognosis in nonsmall cell lung cancerPo Len Liu
Department of Respiratory Therapy, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Mol Carcinog 49:874-81. 2010b>Thrombomodulin (TM) plays a role in coagulation, inflammation, and cell adhesion...
- Inhibition of allergic bronchial asthma by thrombomodulin is mediated by dendritic cellsTakehiro Takagi
Department of Immunology, Mie University School of Medicine, Edobashi 2 174, Tsu City, Mie Prefecture 514 8507, Japan
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 183:31-42. 2011..bronchial asthma is caused by inappropriate acquired immune responses to environmental allergens. It is a major health problem, with a prevalence that is rapidly increasing. Curative therapy is not currently available...
- Endothelial expression of transcription factor Kruppel-like factor 2 and its vasoprotective target genes in the normal and cirrhotic rat liverJorge Gracia-Sancho
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, Barcelona, Spain
Gut 60:517-24. 2011..This study aimed to assess whether abnormal intrahepatic haemodynamics in cirrhosis could modify KLF2 expression and consequently its downstream transcriptional programmes...
- Evaluation of various endothelial biomarkers in ankylosing spondylitisAli Taylan
Department of Rheumatology, Izmir Tepecik Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 31:23-8. 2012..von Willebrand factor (vWF), soluble thrombomodulin (sTM), and urotensin (UT-II) were found to be significantly higher in the sera of the patients compared to the ..
- Treatment effects of recombinant human soluble thrombomodulin in patients with severe sepsis: a historical control studyKazuma Yamakawa
Department of Emergency and Critical Care, Osaka General Medical Center, 3 1 56 Bandai Higashi, Sumiyoshi ku, Osaka, Japan
Crit Care 15:R123. 2011..Recombinant human soluble thrombomodulin (rhTM) binds to thrombin to inactivate coagulation, and the thrombin-rhTM complex activates protein C to ..
- The thrombomodulin analog Solulin promotes reperfusion and reduces infarct volume in a thrombotic stroke modelE J Su
Department of Internal Medicine Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5644, USA
J Thromb Haemost 9:1174-82. 2011..Solulin is a soluble analog of the endothelial cell receptor thrombomodulin, able to bind free thrombin and convert it to an activator of the anticoagulant, protein C.
- Inflammation, TNFα and endothelial dysfunction link lenalidomide to venous thrombosis in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaGeorg Aue
Hematology Branch, NHLBI, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1202, USA
Am J Hematol 86:835-40. 2011..levels of D-dimer, thrombin-antithrombin, soluble vascular endothelial adhesion molecule 1 (sVCAM-1), and thrombomodulin (p < 0.001)...
- Upregulation of inflammatory mediators in end-stage renal disease as measured using biochip array technologyRachael Davis
Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL, USA
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 17:E218-23. 2011..protein (CRP), tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1), neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL); thrombomodulin (TM); neuron-specific enolase (NSE), and thrombosis-D-dimer (DD)...
- Human thrombomodulin knock-in mice reveal differential effects of human thrombomodulin on thrombosis and atherosclerosisThomas J Raife
Department of Pathology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:2509-17. 2011We sought to develop a murine model to examine the antithrombotic and antiinflammatory functions of human thrombomodulin in vivo.
- Soluble thrombomodulin reduces inflammation and prevents microalbuminuria induced by chronic endothelial activation in transgenic miceGangaraju Rajashekhar
Indiana Center for Vascular Biology and Medicine, IU School of Medicine, 975 W Walnut St, Med Lib Rm IB442B, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 302:F703-12. 2012..Previously, soluble thrombomodulin (sTM), a cofactor in the activation of protein C, has been shown to protect endothelial function in models of ..
- Neuropathologic evidence of endothelial changes in cerebral small vessel diseaseM O Giwa
Stroke and Dementia Research Centre, St Georges University of London, London, UK
Neurology 78:167-74. 2012..possible causal factor, and circulating markers of endothelial activation (intercellular adhesion molecule-1, thrombomodulin) and inflammation (interleukin [IL]-6) are elevated in patients with SVD...
- Intrarenal administration of recombinant human soluble thrombomodulin ameliorates ischaemic acute renal failureTakenori Ozaki
Department of Nephrology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Showaku, Nagoya, Japan 466 8550, Japan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:110-9. 2008b>Thrombomodulin (TM) is an endothelial anti-coagulant cofactor which also has anti-inflammatory properties...
- Enhanced production of endothelial microparticles with increased binding to leukocytes in patients with severe systemic inflammatory response syndromeHiroshi Ogura
Department of Traumatology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita City, Osaka, Japan
J Trauma 56:823-30; discussion 830-1. 2004..The objective of this study was to evaluate endothelial microparticle formation and microparticle-leukocyte interaction among patients with severe systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS)...
- Serum thrombomodulin in systemic lupus erythematosus and juvenile idiopathic arthritisYehia M el-Gamal
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 15:270-7. 2004b>Thrombomodulin is a thrombin receptor on the vascular endothelial cell surface which is likely released upon endothelial cell damage...
- Thrombomodulin Ala455Val Polymorphism and the risk of cerebral infarction in a biracial population: the Stroke Prevention in Young Women StudyJohn W Cole
Department of Neurology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
BMC Neurol 4:21. 2004The genes encoding proteins in the thrombomodulin-protein C pathway are promising candidate genes for stroke susceptibility because of their importance in thrombosis regulation and inflammatory response...
- Decrease in circulating endothelial cell adhesion molecule and thrombomodulin levels during oral iloprost treatment in rheumatoid arthritis patients: preliminary resultsMichael W J Boehme
Dep of Internal Medicine IV, University of Heidelberg, Bergheimer Str 58, D 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Rheumatol Int 26:340-7. 2006..of iloprost by determining plasma adhesion molecules as markers of endothelial cell activation, and plasma thrombomodulin as a parameter of endothelial cell injury in patients with rheumatoid arthritis receiving oral iloprost therapy...
- Cholinesterase inhibitors exert a protective effect on endothelial damage in Alzheimer disease patientsBarbara Borroni
Department of Medical Sciences, Neurological Clinic, University of Brescia, Italy
J Neurol Sci 229:211-3. 2005..In mild AD patients, increased levels of markers of endothelial dysfunction, such as thrombomodulin (TM) and sE-selectin (sE-sel), were seen. After 1-month ChEIs treatment, a significant reduction of TM (p<0...
- Markers of endothelial cell activation in elderly men at high risk for coronary heart diseaseE M Hjerkinn
Centre for Clinical Research, Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 65:201-9. 2005..In the haemostatic system, elevated levels of thrombomodulin (TM), von Willebrand factor (vWF) and tissue-type plasminogen activator antigen (tPAag) have likewise been ..
- The lectin-like domain of thrombomodulin interferes with complement activation and protects against arthritisM Van de Wouwer
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Thromb Haemost 4:1813-24. 2006b>Thrombomodulin (TM) is predominantly a vascular endothelial cell plasma membrane glycoprotein that, via distinct structural domains, interacts with multiple ligands, thereby modulating coagulation, fibrinolysis, complement activation, ..
- Circulating thrombomodulin levels in familial Mediterranean feverZ Ozbalkan
Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Internal Medicine Department, Section of Rheumatology, Ankara Turkey
Clin Exp Rheumatol 24:S95-8. 2006Increments in circulating thrombomodulin levels reflect endothelial cell injury...
- Crucial role of the protein C pathway in governing microvascular inflammation in inflammatory bowel diseaseFranco Scaldaferri
Division of Gastroenterology, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Italy
J Clin Invest 117:1951-60. 2007Endothelial protein C receptor (EPCR) and thrombomodulin (TM) are expressed at high levels in the resting microvasculature and convert protein C (PC) into its activated form, which is a potent anticoagulant and antiinflammatory molecule...
- Prothrombotic markers in familial combined hyperlipidemia: evidence of endothelial cell activation and relation to metabolic syndromeAnna M Georgieva
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Academic Hospital Maastricht and University of Maastricht, AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 175:345-51. 2004....
- Relationship between plasma soluble thrombomodulin levels and insulin resistance syndrome in type 2 diabetes: a comparison with von Willebrand factorY Aso
Department of Medicine, Koshigaya Hospital, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Saitama, Japan
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 109:210-6. 2001..resistance syndrome in patients with type 2 diabetes, we investigated the correlation between plasma soluble thrombomodulin (TM) and von Willebrand factor (vWF), measures of endothelial dysfunction, and the degree of insulin ..
- Erectile and endothelial dysfunction in Type II diabetes: a possible linkL De Angelis
Department of Geriatrics and Metabolic Diseases, Second University of Naples, Italy
Diabetologia 44:1155-60. 2001..The aim of this study was to evaluate the relation between erectile dysfunction and endothelial functions, coagulation activation, peripheral and autonomic neuropathy in men with Type II (non-insulin-dependent) diabetes mellitus...
- Separation and characterization of the molecular species of thrombomodulin in the plasma of diabetic patientsS Uehara
Department of Internal Medicine, Ohtaki Onsen Hospital, Ohtaki, Usugun, Hokkaido, Japan
Thromb Res 104:325-32. 2001b>Thrombomodulin (TM) and its molecular species have been identified as markers of vascular endothelial cells (EC)...
- Hepatic expression and serum levels of thrombomodulin reflect the extent of liver injury in rats with fulminant hepatic failure and extensive hepatectomyShungo Miyamoto
Departments of Surgery II, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, 852 8501, Nagasaki, Japan
Hepatol Res 22:206-213. 2002In order to evaluate the biological significance of thrombomodulin (TM) in the serum and its expression in the liver, changes in TM were investigated in rats with fulminant hepatic failure (FHF) or after extensive hepatectomy...
- Bacterial lipopolysaccharide decreases thrombomodulin expression in the sinusoidal endothelial cells of rats -- a possible mechanism of intrasinusoidal microthrombus formation and liver dysfunctionMasane Kume
Department of Molecular Pathobiology, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu City, Mie 514 8507, Japan
J Hepatol 38:9-17. 2003..occurring in patients with sepsis, we evaluated the effect of bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) on the expression of thrombomodulin (TM) in rat sinusoidal endothelial cells (SECs) and the therapeutic efficacy of exogenous recombinant TM.
- Hypertension associated with reduced plasma thrombomodulin levels and a hypercoagulable state in ratsKazuyoshi Sawada
Institute of Bio active Science, Nippon Zoki Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Kinashi, Yashiro cho, Kato Gun, Hyogo, Japan
Clin Exp Hypertens 25:73-84. 2003The plasma thrombomodulin (TM) level, an indicator of systemic endothelial cell damage, was measured in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR), deoxycorticosteron acetate (DOCA)-induced hypertensive rats and normotensive Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) ..
- Alterations in endothelial thrombomodulin expression in zymosan-induced lung injuryJohn B Cone
Department of Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, Little Rock 72205, USA
J Trauma 54:731-6; discussion 736. 2003..This study assessed the changes in lung tissue endothelial thrombomodulin (TM) expression in a rat model of zymosan-induced remote lung injury.
- The protein C pathwayCharles T Esmon
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Cardiovascular Biology Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Chest 124:26S-32S. 2003..The essential components of the pathway involve thrombin, thrombomodulin, the endothelial cell protein C receptor (EPCR), protein C, and protein S...
- Thrombomodulin and tissue factor pathway inhibitor in endocardium of rapidly paced rat atriaTakeshi Yamashita
The Cardiovascular Institute, Roppongi 7 3 10, Minato ku, Tokyo 106 0032, Japan
Circulation 108:2450-2. 2003....
- Impact of alpha-tocopherol and vitamin C on endothelial markers in rats with streptozotocin-induced diabetesMohamed A Haidara
Department of Physiology, Kasr Al Aini Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Med Sci Monit 10:BR41-6. 2004..Plasma soluble thrombomodulin (sTM) and von Willebrand factor (vWF) have been found to be important markers of endothelial dysfunction.
- Localization of thrombomodulin in pericryptal fibroblasts of the rat duodenumTateo Daimon
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Teikyo University, 2 11 1 Kaga, Itabashi ku, 173, Tokyo, Japan
Histochem Cell Biol 121:311-7. 2004b>Thrombomodulin (TM) contributes to the inactivation of thrombin which activates protein C, a major anticoagulant and anti-inflammatory protein...
- cDNA cloning and sequencing, gene expression, and immunolocalization of thrombomodulin in the Sprague-Dawley ratJ Wang
Department of Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and John L McClellan VAMC, Little Rock 72205, USA
DNA Res 6:57-62. 1999b>Thrombomodulin (TM), in addition to its significance in the protein C anticoagulant pathway and cardiovascular diseases, has recently been shown to play important roles in normal embryonic development, several inflammatory conditions, as ..
- [Effects of Xuebijing injection on thrombomodulin and endothelial cell protein C receptor in septic rats]Yin Ping Li
Tianjin Tianhe Hospital, Tianjin 300050, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 19:365-8. 2007To investigate effects of the integrated traditional Chinese medicine Xuebijing injection on thrombomodulin (TM) and endothelial cell protein C receptor (EPCR) in septic rats.
- Activated protein C improves the severity of severe acute pancreatitis via up-regulating the expressions of endothelial cell protein C receptor and thrombomodulinChen Ping
Department of Gastroenterology, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Dig Dis Sci 55:1599-609. 2010..The aim of this study was to demonstrate the effects of APC on expressions of thrombomodulin (TM) and endothelial cell protein C receptor (EPCR), and its subsequent effect on the severity of SAP.
- Neuroprotective effects of recombinant thrombomodulin in controlled contusion spinal cord injury implicates thrombin signalingBarry W Festoff
Neurobiology Research Laboratory, Heartland Network, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Kansas City, Missouri 64128, USA
J Neurotrauma 21:907-22. 2004..Protein C activation occurs when the serine protease thrombin binds to the cell surface proteoglycan thrombomodulin (TM) forming a complex that halts coagulation...
- Non-viral in vivo thrombomodulin gene transfer prevents early loss of thromboresistance of grafted veinsNoriyuki Tabuchi
Department of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 26:995-1001. 2004Immediate loss of thrombomodulin activity in the endothelium of vein grafts has been demonstrated during 90 min exposure to arterial circulation; this loss of activity is ascribed as an important cause of early thrombosis...
- [Is soluble thrombomodulin a molecular marker of endothelial cell injury in children and adolescents with arterial hypertension?]Katarzyna Wojtkielewicz
II Klinika Chorób Dzieci, Akademia Medyczna, Ul Waszyngtona 17, 15 274 Białystok, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 10:893-902. 2006..Its progression may lead to very severe cardiovascular complications. Thrombomodulin (TM), a specific marker of endothelial cell damage, is a transmembranous glycoprotein with vasoprotective and ..
- The anticoagulant protein C pathwayBjorn Dahlback
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, The Wallenberg Laboratory, University Hospital, Malmo, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
FEBS Lett 579:3310-6. 2005..Protein C is activated on endothelium by the thrombin-thrombomodulin-EPCR (endothelial protein C receptor) complex...
- Low soluble thrombomodulin activity and antigen is associated with a family history of heart disease while a high level is associated with a personal history of heart disease in type 2 diabetesConstantine J Konstantoulas
Thromb Haemost 97:161-4. 2007
- Synergistic association of metabolic syndrome and overt nephropathy with elevated asymmetric dimethylarginine in serum and impaired cutaneous microvasodilation in patients with type 2 diabetesRuriko Yamamoto
Department of Internal Medicine, Koshigaya Hospital, Dokkyo Medical University, Koshigaya, Saitama 343 8555, Japan
Diabetes Care 29:928-30. 2006
- Impaired flow-mediated vasodilation, carotid artery intima-media thickening, and elevated endothelial plasma markers in obese children: the impact of cardiovascular risk factorsAndreas Alexander Meyer
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Childrens Hospital, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Pediatrics 117:1560-7. 2006..IMT]) and to analyze plasma surrogate endothelial markers (von Willebrand factor [vWf], E-selectin, and thrombomodulin) in obese children as compared with controls...
- Clinical and immunoserological characteristics of mixed connective tissue disease associated with pulmonary arterial hypertensionJ Vegh
3rd Department of Internal Medicine, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Centre, Debrecen, Hungary
Scand J Immunol 64:69-76. 2006..Anti-U1RNP autoantibodies, anti-endothelial cell antibodies (AECA) and serum thrombomodulin (TM) as well as von Willebrand factor antigen (vWFAg) concentrations were measured in 25 patients with MCTD ..
- Soluble thrombomodulin as a predictor of type 2 diabetes: results from the MONICA/KORA Augsburg case-cohort study, 1984-1998B Thorand
GSF National Research Centre for Environment and Health, Institute of Epidemiology, Neuherberg, Germany
Diabetologia 50:545-8. 2007Previous studies have shown an inverse association between soluble thrombomodulin (sTM) and incident CHD, but there is a lack of data on the association between sTM and type 2 diabetes...
- Markers for endothelial dysfunction, but not markers for oxidative stress correlate with classical risk factors and the severity of coronary artery disease. (A subgroup analysis from the Ludwigshafen Risk and Cardiovascular Health Study)Johannes Ruef
Red Cross Hospital Cardiology Center, Frankfurt, Germany
Scand Cardiovasc J 40:274-9. 2006..Endothelial dysfunction and oxidative stress are involved in atherogenesis. In the search for predictors of vascular disease markers for endothelial dysfunction and oxidative stress were analyzed...
- Elevation of intracellular cAMP up-regulated thrombomodulin mRNA in cultured vascular endothelial cells derived from spontaneous type-II diabetes mellitus model ratMasanori Sunagawa
1st Department of Physiology, Unit of Physiological Science, School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa, Japan
Endothelium 13:325-33. 2006..model rats, the mRNA expressions of tissue-type and urokinase-type plasminogen activator (t-PA and u-PA), thrombomodulin (TM), PA inhibitor type-1 (PAI-1), and phosphodiesterases (type 3A, 3B, and 4D PDEs) were quantitated by the ..