Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tgfbr1
Description: transforming growth factor, beta receptor 1
Alias: Alk5, Skr4, Tgfr-1, tbetaR-I, TGF-beta receptor type I, TGF-beta receptor type-1, TGF-beta type I receptor, activin receptor-like kinase 5, serine/threonine-protein kinase receptor R4, transforming growth factor, beta receptor I, transforming growth factor-beta receptor type I
- Induction of heart valve lesions by small-molecule ALK5 inhibitorsMark J Anderton
Department of General Toxicology Sciences, AstraZeneca R and D, Mereside, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Toxicol Pathol 39:916-24. 2011Aberrant signaling by transforming growth factor-β (TGF-β) and its type I (ALK5) receptor has been implicated in a number of human diseases and this pathway is considered a potential target for therapeutic intervention...
- Cholesterol suppresses cellular TGF-beta responsiveness: implications in atherogenesisChun Lin Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, 1402 S Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Cell Sci 120:3509-21. 2007..These results suggest that high cholesterol contributes to atherogenesis, at least in part, by suppressing TGF-beta responsiveness in vascular cells...
- TGFbeta1 stimulates the over-production of white matter astrocytes from precursors of the "brain marrow" in a rodent model of neonatal encephalopathyJennifer M Bain
Department of Neurology and Neurosciences, UH Cancer Center and the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9567. 2010....
- Effects of Arkadia on airway remodeling through enhancing TGF-beta signaling in allergic ratsXiao Zhao Li
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
Lab Invest 90:997-1003. 2010..Our results suggest that Arkadia may contribute to the pathogenesis of airway remodeling through enhancing TGF-beta signaling by inducing the reduction of Smad7, SnoN and Ski proteins in OVA-sensitized and -challenged rats...
- TGF-beta signaling alterations and susceptibility to colorectal cancerYanfei Xu
Cancer Genetics Program, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department o Medicine, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Hum Mol Genet 16:R14-20. 2007..In this regard, there is growing evidence that a common hypomorphic variant of the type I TGF-beta receptor, TGFBR1*6A, may account for approximately 3% of all colorectal cancer cases, a fraction higher than that attributable to ..
- Tumor-specific efficacy of transforming growth factor-beta RI inhibition in Eker ratsNicholas J Laping
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:3087-99. 2007....
- Involvement of signaling of VEGF and TGF-beta in differentiation of sinusoidal endothelial cells during culture of fetal rat liver cellsMasayuki Yoshida
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Division of Molecular Pathology and Tumor Pathology, Akita University School of Medicine, Hondo 1 1 1, Akita, 010 8543, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 329:273-82. 2007..These results indicate for the first time that both VEGF signaling and the blocking of the ALK-5-Smad2/3 signal pathway are important for the fetal differentiation of SECs...
- [The expression of transforming growth factor beta1 and its I, II receptors in the development of rat embryo and embryonic lung]Qiong Guo
Department of Human Anatomy, School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 23:317-9. 2007..To investigate the expression of TGFbeta1, TbetaRI, TbetaRII in the development of rat embryo and embryonic lung and discuss the interrelationship and function mechanisms between them...
- Inhibition of ALK5 signaling induces physeal dysplasia in ratsKendall Frazier
GlaxoSmithKline Safety Assessment, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Toxicol Pathol 35:284-95. 2007TGF-beta, and its type 1 (ALK5) receptor, are critical to the pathogenesis of fibrosis...
- Arkadia-Smad7-mediated positive regulation of TGF-beta signaling in a rat model of tubulointerstitial fibrosisFu You Liu
Department of Nephrology, Second Xiangya Hospital of the Central South University, Changsha, China
Am J Nephrol 27:176-83. 2007....
- Differential interactions between transforming growth factor-beta3/TbetaR1, TAB1, and CD2AP disrupt blood-testis barrier and Sertoli-germ cell adhesionWeiliang Xia
Population Council, Center for Biomedical Research, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 281:16799-813. 2006..However, TGF-beta3 selectively disrupts Sertoli-germ cell adhesion in the seminiferous epithelium to facilitate germ cell migration without compromising BTB when TbetaRI interacts only with adaptor CD2AP...
- AT1 antagonist modulates activin-like kinase 5 and TGF-beta receptor II in the developing kidneyHyung Eun Yim
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, Korea University, 152 703 Seoul, South Korea
Pediatr Nephrol 21:1377-88. 2006..05). These results suggest that AT1 inhibition in the developing kidney impairs renal growth and development and modulates the expression of ALK-5 and TbetaRII...
- Repetitive exposure to TGF-beta suppresses TGF-beta type I receptor expression by differentiated osteoblastsKenneth K Kim
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, New Haven, CT 06520 8041, USA
Gene 379:175-84. 2006..This tightly controlled system may constitute a feedback loop to protect against TGF-beta excess, and impose important limitations that are required for the progression of events during skeletal growth, remodeling and repair...
- Transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta) signaling is regulated by electrical activity in skeletal muscle cells. TGF-beta type I receptor is transcriptionally regulated by myotube excitabilityGonzalo Ugarte
Centro de Regulación Celular y Patología Joaquín V Luco, Millennium Institute for Fundamental and Applied Biology, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Biol Chem 281:18473-81. 2006..Altogether, these findings support the possibility for a novel regulatory mechanism acting on TGF-beta signaling cascade in skeletal muscle cells...
- Comparison of expression of TGF-beta1, its receptors TGFbeta1R-I and TGFbeta1R-II in rat kidneys during chronic nephropathy induced by cyclosporine and tacrolimusP Bing
Department of Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Guoxuexiang 37, Chengdu 610041, P R China
Transplant Proc 38:2180-2. 2006..The expression of TGF-beta1, TR-I, and TR-II in rat kidneys has not been compared during chronic nephropathy induced by CsA or FK506...
- Cholesterol modulates cellular TGF-beta responsiveness by altering TGF-beta binding to TGF-beta receptorsChun Lin Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Cell Physiol 215:223-33. 2008..These results indicate that high plasma cholesterol levels may contribute to the pathogenesis of certain diseases (e.g., atherosclerosis) by suppressing TGF-beta responsiveness...
- Multiple self-healing squamous epithelioma is caused by a disease-specific spectrum of mutations in TGFBR1David R Goudie
Human Genetics Unit, University of Dundee College of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing, Dundee, UK
Nat Genet 43:365-9. 2011..2 Mb) of the disease locus on chromosome 9 using exon array capture identified independent mutations in TGFBR1 in three unrelated families...
- Transforming growth factor-beta1 causes pulmonary microvascular endothelial cell apoptosis via ALK5Qing Lu
Providence VA Medical Center, Research Services, Providence, RI 02908, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 296:L825-38. 2009..cell (PAEC) apoptosis induced by serum deprivation and VEGF receptor blockade through a mechanism associated with ALK5-mediated Bcl-2 upregulation...
- Altered bone morphogenetic protein and transforming growth factor-beta signaling in rat models of pulmonary hypertension: potential for activin receptor-like kinase-5 inhibition in prevention and progression of diseaseLu Long
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine, Box 157, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, United Kingdom
Circulation 119:566-76. 2009..It remains unclear whether alterations in these pathways contribute to other forms of pulmonary hypertension and to what extent these changes can be exploited for therapeutic intervention...
- Bone morphogenetic protein-2 antagonizes renal interstitial fibrosis by promoting catabolism of type I transforming growth factor-beta receptorsYu Lin Yang
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Chung Hwa University of Medical Technology, Tainan, Taiwan
Endocrinology 150:727-40. 2009..These results suggest that BMP-2 acts as a novel fibrosis antagonizing cytokine partly by down-regulating TGF-beta RI and Smads...
- Effects of hypoxia on expression of transforming growth factor-beta1 and its receptors I and II in the amoeboid microglial cells and murine BV-2 cellsJ J Li
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, Kunming Medical College, 191, West Renmin Road, Kunming, People s Republic of China 650031
Neuroscience 156:662-72. 2008..We suggest that this may be a mechanism to help autoregulate microglial activation in adverse conditions via its receptors...
- Molecular mechanisms of TGF beta receptor-triggered signaling cascades rapidly induced by the calcineurin inhibitors cyclosporin A and FK506El Sayed Akool
Pharmazentrum frankfurt ZAFES, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Immunol 181:2831-45. 2008....
- Analysis of the contribution of receptor subdomains to the cooperative binding and internalization of transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) type I and type II receptorsJohn C Zwaagstra
Biotechnology Research Institute, National Research Council of Canada, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Exp Cell Res 314:2553-68. 2008..In light of these results, currently proposed mechanisms of cooperative ligand/receptor assembly are discussed...
- Role of transforming growth factor-beta superfamily signaling pathways in human diseaseKelly J Gordon
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1782:197-228. 2008..Ongoing studies will enable targeting of TGF-beta superfamily signaling pathways for the chemoprevention and treatment of human disease...
- Sequential activation of matrix metalloproteinase 9 and transforming growth factor beta in arterial elastocalcinosisCeline Bouvet
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:856-62. 2008..We sought to determine the importance of elastase activity and matrix degradation in the development of elastocalcinosis...
- Role of the TGF-beta/Alk5 signaling pathway in monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertensionAri L Zaiman
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, 1830 East Monument Street, 5th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:896-905. 2008..However, the role of TGF-beta family signaling in PH and pulmonary vascular remodeling remains unclear...
- [Effect of Kangxianling on Smads signal pathway molecules in rats with adriamycin induced nephropathy]Yue Zhang
Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Institute of Kidney Diseases, Shanghai Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 27:1094-8. 2007..To study the effect and mechanism of Kangxianling (KXL, a Chinese compound recipe) in treating adriamycin (ADR) induced renal fibrosis rats...
- Int7G24A variant of transforming growth factor-beta receptor type I is associated with invasive breast cancerTaiping Chen
Wood Hudson Cancer Research Laboratory, 931 Isabella Street, Newport, KY 41071 4701, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:392-7. 2006..An intronic variant (Int7G24A) of TGF-beta receptor type I (TGFBR1) is associated with kidney and bladder cancers in our recent study...
- Gene expression of transforming growth factor-beta receptors types I and II in rat endometrium during the estrous cycle and early pregnancyHai Yan Lin
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, 25 Bei Si Huan Xi Lu, Haidian District, Beijing 100080, PR China
Life Sci 78:2669-75. 2006..During peri-implantation, both TGF-beta receptors play important roles during the onset of the uterine receptivity and the attachment reaction. TGF-beta signaling is down-regulated when trophoblast invasion begins...
- Matrix contraction by dermal fibroblasts requires transforming growth factor-beta/activin-linked kinase 5, heparan sulfate-containing proteoglycans, and MEK/ERK: insights into pathological scarring in chronic fibrotic diseaseYunliang Chen
Centre for Rheumatology, University College London, Royal Free Campus, UK
Am J Pathol 167:1699-711. 2005..proteoglycan biosynthesis or antagonizing transforming growth factor-beta receptor type I [activin-linked kinase (ALK5)] or ras/mitogen-activated protein kinase (MEK)/extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK)...
- Regulation by gonadal steroids of the mRNA encoding for a type I receptor for TGF-beta in the female rat hypothalamusSebastien Bouret
INSERM U422, IFR 22, Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology and Neuronal Diseases, Lille, France
Neuroendocrinology 76:1-7. 2002....
- Transforming growth factor-beta 1, 2, 3 and receptor type I and II in diabetic foot ulcersE B Jude
Department of Medicine and Diabetes, Manchester Royal Infirmary and School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Diabet Med 19:440-7. 2002..We also compared the TGF-betas with those of chronic venous ulcers...
- Transforming growth factor-beta(s) and their receptors in aging rat prostateHong Zhao
Department of Urology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 294:464-9. 2002..These findings are important in understanding the mechanisms of UGM mediated prostatic growth...
- Differential expression of transforming growth factor-beta type I and II receptors by pulmonary cells in bleomycin-induced lung injury: correlation with repair and fibrosisNasreen Khalil
Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Exp Lung Res 28:233-50. 2002..Ourfindings suggest that during bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis, the effects of TGF-beta1 on cells may be regulated by the expression of TbetaRs...
- Effects of aging on growth factors gene and protein expression in the dorsal and ventral lobes of rat prostateHong Zhao
Department of Urology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 292:482-91. 2002..This is the first report to demonstrate differential gene and protein expression of growth factors in dorsal and ventral lobes is associated with aging rat prostate, suggesting their role in pathogenesis of prostatic diseases with aging...
- Ontogeny and localization of TGF-beta type I receptor expression during lung developmentY Zhao
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 278:L1231-9. 2000..TbetaR-I, TbetaR-II, and TGF-beta isoforms exhibit distinct but overlapping patterns of expression during lung development. This implies a distinct role for TbetaR-I in mediating TGF-beta signal transduction during lung development...
- Localization of transforming growth factor-beta receptor types I, II, and III in the postnatal rat small intestineM F Zhang
Cooperative Research Centre, for Tissue Growth and Repair, Child Health Research Institute, North Adelaide, South Australia
Pediatr Res 46:657-65. 1999..The pattern of TGF-beta receptor expression changes with age in a manner that may reflect the change in ligand from TGF-beta2 (milk-derived) to TGF-beta1 (endogenously produced)...
- Changes in TGF-beta receptors of rat hepatocytes during primary culture and liver regeneration: increased expression of TGF-beta receptors associated with increased sensitivity to TGF-beta-mediated growth inhibitionY Nishikawa
Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Cell Physiol 176:612-23. 1998..Our results show that hepatocyte TGF-beta receptors and sensitivity to growth inhibition by TGF-beta1 protein change together and are modulated during liver regeneration, as well as during the conditions of primary culture...
- Quantitative trait loci disposing for both experimental arthritis and encephalomyelitis in the DA rat; impact on severity of myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein-induced experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and antibody isotype patternI Dahlman
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Immunol 28:2188-96. 1998..We conclude that Cia3 and Oia2 regulate MOG-induced EAE in rats. Furthermore, since both EAE and arthritis phenotypes co-localize to these gene regions, they may harbor genes which are key regulators of pathogenic immune responses...
- Transforming growth factor beta type I receptor acts as a potent tumor suppressor in rat bladder carcinomaK Hattori
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Carcinogenesis 18:1867-70. 1997..In contrast, none of the mice receiving transfectants of TbetaRI formed bladder tumors or metastases. Taken together, these observations indicate that TbetaRI exhibits a potent tumor suppressor effect in bladder carcinoma...
- A genome scan localizes five non-MHC loci controlling collagen-induced arthritis in ratsE F Remmers
Inflammatory Joint Diseases Section, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Genet 14:82-5. 1996..These genes may also represent novel targets for therapy...
- Developmental expression of four novel serine/threonine kinase receptors homologous to the activin/transforming growth factor-beta type II receptor familyW W He
Pediatric Surgical Research Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114
Dev Dyn 196:133-42. 1993....
- Regulation of TGF-beta ligand and receptor expression in neonatal rat lungs exposed to chronic hypoxiaAlfin G Vicencio
Section of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Connecticut 06512 8023, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 93:1123-30. 2002..These alterations may partly explain the morphological changes observed in hypoxia...
- Dynamic expression patterns of transforming growth factor-beta(2) and transforming growth factor-beta receptors in experimental glomerulonephritisAndrea Hartner
Medizinische Klinik IV, Universität Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 81:32-42. 2003..1 nephritis. These results are in keeping with the notion that TGF-beta(2) and its receptors participate in the pathogenesis and/or resolution of this transient form of glomerulonephritis...
- [Effects of salvianolic acid B on expressions of TGF-beta1 and its receptors in liver of rats with dimethylnitrosamine-induced hepatic fibrosis]Xiao Ning Wang
Institute of Liver Diseases, Shuguang Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 201203, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 3:286-9. 2005..To study the therapeutic mechanism of salvianolic acid B (SA-B) in treating hepatic fibrosis...
- A syndrome of altered cardiovascular, craniofacial, neurocognitive and skeletal development caused by mutations in TGFBR1 or TGFBR2Bart L Loeys
McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 37:275-81. 2005....
- Inhibition of TGF-beta signaling by an ALK5 inhibitor protects rats from dimethylnitrosamine-induced liver fibrosisAnne Charlotte de Gouville
Biology Department, GlaxoSmithKline, 25 Avenue du Quebec, Les Ulis 91951, France
Br J Pharmacol 145:166-77. 2005..Transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta), a well-known profibrotic cytokine, transduces its signal through the ALK5 ser/thr kinase receptor, and increases transcription of different genes including PAI-1 and collagens...
- An intronic variant of the TGFBR1 gene is associated with carcinomas of the kidney and bladderTaiping Chen
Wood Hudson Cancer Research Laboratory, Newport, KY, USA
Int J Cancer 112:420-5. 2004..Genetic alterations of the TGF-beta type 1 receptor (TGFBR1) may contribute to these perturbations...
- Down-modulation of lung immune responses by interleukin-10 and transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta) and analysis of TGF-beta receptors I and II in active tuberculosisM Glória Bonecini-Almeida
Instituto de Pesquisas, Clinica Evandro Chagas, Serviço de Immulogia, FIOCRUZ, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Infect Immun 72:2628-34. 2004..Delineating the underlying mechanisms of M. tuberculosis-triggered expression of these immune elements may provide a molecular-level understanding of TB immunopathogenesis...
- Impaired Smad7-Smurf-mediated negative regulation of TGF-beta signaling in scleroderma fibroblastsYoshihide Asano
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Invest 113:253-64. 2004..To our knowledge, this is the first report of a disturbed negative regulation of TGF-beta signaling in fibrotic disorders...
- Expression of TGF beta1 genes and their receptor types I, II, and III in low- and high-grade malignancy non-Hodgkin's lymphomasDariusz Woszczyk
Department of Molecular Biology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University of Silesia in Sosnowiec, Poland
Med Sci Monit 10:CR33-7. 2004....
- Cell-type-specific activation of PAK2 by transforming growth factor beta independent of Smad2 and Smad3Mark C Wilkes
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Thoracic Diseases Research Unit, and Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:8878-89. 2003..Thus, PAK2 represents a novel Smad-independent pathway that differentiates TGF-beta signaling in fibroblast (growth-stimulated) and epithelial cell (growth-inhibited) cultures...
- Expression and localization of the transforming growth factor-beta type I receptor and Smads in preneoplastic lesions during chemical hepatocarcinogenesis in ratsDo Youn Park
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine Pusan National University, Busan, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 18:510-9. 2003..Dysregulation of the downstream effectors of TGF-beta such as TGR1, Smad2, Smad4 and, Smad7 might contribute to the progression of preneoplastic lesions during chemical hepatocarcinogenesis in a rat...
- Impact of PGE1 on cyclosporine A induced up-regulation of TGF-beta1, its receptors, and related matrix production in cultured mesangial cellsKerstin Dell
Department of Internal Medicine Nephrology, University Hospital Charite, Campus Mitte, Humboldt University, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Cytokine 22:189-93. 2003..In vivo studies will show, whether treatment with PGE1 analogues will be useful in preventing CsA induced glomerulosclerosis...
- Ontogenic expression of TGFbeta 1, 2, and 3 and its receptors in the rat gastric mucosaEunice Ribeiro de Andrade Sá
Department of Histology and Embriology, ICB I, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dev Dyn 227:450-7. 2003..We propose that temporal and spatial differences may be regulated by dietary changes, which in turn control cell proliferation and differentiation in the gastric epithelium...
- Mechanisms of TGF-beta signaling from cell membrane to the nucleusYigong Shi
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Washington Road, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Cell 113:685-700. 2003..This article reviews these latest advances and presents our current understanding on the mechanisms of TGF-beta signaling from cell membrane to the nucleus...
- A transforming growth factor beta type I receptor that signals to activate gene expressionC H Bassing
Department of Pharmacology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710
Science 263:87-9. 1994..Both ligand binding and signaling of the R4 protein were dependent on the presence of a functional type II receptor. The type I receptor has an intrinsic serine-threonine kinase activity, which was essential for signal transduction...
- Apoptosis in Biochemistry and Structural BiologyYigong Shi; Fiscal Year: 2004..By all criteria, this symposium promises to be a unique and one of the most exciting meetings in apoptosis in recent years. ..
- Structural Studies of Apoptosome Assembly in ApoptosisYigong Shi; Fiscal Year: 2006..This 1.4 MDa complex will be crystallized. The structure will be determined by either molecular replacement or by multiple isomorphous replacement. ..
- HAUSP-mediated Deubiquitination of p53Yigong Shi; Fiscal Year: 2007..4) Determination of the structures of the full-length HAUSP by itself and bound to p53. This study will reveal the regulation of HAUSP-mediated p53 deubiquitination. ..
- Structural/Biochemical Analysis: Apoptosis in C. elegansYigong Shi; Fiscal Year: 2008..CED3 forms a holoenzyme with oligomeric CED4. A CED4-CED3 complex has been reconstituted in vitro. The complex will be crystallized and its three-dimensional structure will be determined. ..
- SMAD Proteins in TGF-Beta Signaling - structural studiesYigong Shi; Fiscal Year: 2008..In particular, we will be able to examine the effects of the tumorigenic mutations on the assembly of an active transcriptional complex. ..
- Modifying Genes in Pulmonary HypertensionAri Zaiman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable]..
- Structural biololgy of tumor suppressor PP2A and its regulatory proteinsYigong Shi; Fiscal Year: 2010..The generally excellent solution properties of the proteins and their cognate complexes make this undertaking feasible. ..
- Structural Studies of Caspase Activation in ApoptosisYigong Shi; Fiscal Year: 2010..This specific aim, together with the closely related structural studies, will reveal comprehensive mechanisms that govern the activation of caspase-8 by DISC and the suppression of this process by FLIPs. ..
- Structural Biology of Intramembrane ProteolysisYigong Shi; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal seeks to understand the structures and mechanisms of these intramembrane proteases. ..