Gene Symbol: Taz
Alias: tafazzin, Barth syndrome), cardiomyopathy, dilated 3A (X-linked), endocardial fibroelastosis 2, tafazzin (cardiomyopathy, dilated 3A (X-linked), tafazzin (cardiomyopathy, dilated 3A (X-linked); endocardial fibroelastosis 2; Barth syndrome)
- Metabolism and function of mitochondrial cardiolipinMindong Ren
Department of Anesthesiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, USA Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, USA
Prog Lipid Res 55:1-16. 2014..We also give an overview of the various phenotypes of cardiolipin deficiency in different organisms. ..
- The Hippo pathway mediates inhibition of vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation by cAMPTomomi E Kimura
Bristol Heart Institute, School of Clinical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS2 8HW, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 90:1-10. 2016..Here we investigated the role of components of the growth-regulatory Hippo pathway, specifically the transcription factor TEAD and its co-factors YAP and TAZ in VSMC.
- Tafazzin knockdown interrupts cell cycle progression in cultured neonatal ventricular fibroblastsQuan He
Diabetes and Obesity Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, Orlando, Florida and
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 305:H1332-43. 2013Mutation of the mitochondrial protein tafazzin causes dilated cardiomyopathy in Barth syndrome. Previous studies have shown that tafazzin knockdown promotes hypertrophy of neonatal cardiac myocytes...
- Infantile dilated X-linked cardiomyopathy, G4.5 mutations, altered lipids, and ultrastructural malformations of mitochondria in heart, liver, and skeletal muscleJohn J Bissler
Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Lab Invest 82:335-44. 2002..5 mutations. Electron microscopy of promptly fixed myocardial biopsy specimens has a role in defining the differential diagnosis of DCM. Mutational analysis of the G4.5 gene also serves this purpose...
- Only one splice variant of the human TAZ gene encodes a functional protein with a role in cardiolipin metabolismFrederic M Vaz
Departments of Clinical Chemistry and Pediatrics, Emma Children s Hospital, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, P O Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 278:43089-94. 2003Barth syndrome (BTHS) is an X-linked recessive disorder caused by mutations in the TAZ gene and is characterized by cardiomyopathy, short stature, neutropenia, and 3-methylglutaconic aciduria...
- Tafazzin knockdown causes hypertrophy of neonatal ventricular myocytesQuan He
Hypertension and Vascular Research Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202 2689, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 299:H210-6. 2010Mutation of the mitochondrial protein tafazzin causes dilated cardiomyopathy in Barth syndrome...