Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Stat5a
Description: signal transducer and activator of transcription 5A
Alias: Stat5, signal transducer and activator of transcription 5A, mammary gland factor, signal transducer and activator of transcription 5
- Loss of Stat5a delays mammary cancer progression in a mouse modelShuxun Ren
Lombardi Cancer Center, Department of Oncology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Oncogene 21:4335-9. 2002A genetic study was conducted to determine if activated Stat5a contributes to mammary carcinogenesis and to evaluate the mechanism...
- Phospho-STAT5 accumulation in nuclear fractions from vitamin A-deficient rat liverMichael Murray
Pharmacogenomics and Drug Development Group, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
FEBS Lett 579:3669-73. 2005..Nuclear tyrosine- and serine-phosphorylated STAT5 accumulated in VAD liver, whereas nuclear JAK2 tyrosine kinase and SHP-1 phosphatase were decreased...
- The JAK-STAT signaling pathway: input and output integrationPeter J Murray
Department of Infectious Diseases, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38104, USA
J Immunol 178:2623-9. 2007..New data suggests that SOCS proteins introduce additional diversity into the JAK-STAT pathway by adjusting the output of activated STATs that alters downstream gene activation...
- The Toll-like receptor 4-activated neuroprotective microglia subpopulation survives via granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor and JAK2/STAT5 signalingMayumi Kamigaki
Department of Molecular and Pharmacological Neuroscience, Institute of Biomedical and Health Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Neurochem Int 93:82-94. 2016..As for the GM-CSFR downstream signal, LPS resulted in the phosphorylation of STAT5 and its translocation to the nucleus in the surviving microglia...
- Impaired renal growth hormone JAK/STAT5 signaling in chronic kidney diseaseDebbie Wiezel
Shraga Segal Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Nephrol Dial Transplant 29:791-9. 2014..However, concerns have been raised on the potential renal fibrogenic effects of GH. There is no information regarding the renal GH receptor (GHR)-JAK-STAT signaling pathway in CKD...
- Yin-yang 1 and glucocorticoid receptor participate in the Stat5-mediated growth hormone response of the serine protease inhibitor 2.1 geneP L Bergad
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 275:8114-20. 2000..1, was found to contain Stat5a and -5b, as well as additional components...
- CrkL functions as a nuclear adaptor and transcriptional activator in Bcr-Abl-expressing cellsJ Rhodes
Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Exp Hematol 28:305-10. 2000..To identify tyrosine phosphorylated proteins that interact with CrkL in Bcr-Abl-expressing cells and analyze the function of that association...
- JANEX-1, a JAK3 inhibitor, protects pancreatic islets from cytokine toxicity through downregulation of NF-kappaB activation and the JAK/STAT pathwayNa Lv
Department of Biochemistry, Medical School and Diabetes Research Center, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, Jeonbuk 561 756, Republic of Korea
Exp Cell Res 315:2064-71. 2009....
- Suppressor of cytokine signalling-6 promotes neurite outgrowth via JAK2/STAT5-mediated signalling pathway, involving negative feedback inhibitionSakshi Gupta
Eukaryotic Gene Expression Laboratory, National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, India
PLoS ONE 6:e26674. 2011..But no reports are available about the role of SOCS6 in neuritogenesis. In this study, we examined the role of SOCS6 in neurite outgrowth and neuronal cell signalling...
- Novel signal transduction pathway for luteinizing hormone and its interaction with insulin: activation of Janus kinase/signal transducer and activator of transcription and phosphoinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathwaysCarla R O Carvalho
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, 13081 970 Campinas, Brazil
Endocrinology 144:638-47. 2003..These results indicate a new signal transduction pathway for LH and show that there is positive cross-talk between the insulin and LH signaling pathways at the level of phosphoinositol 3-kinase/AKT pathway in this tissue...
- Differential binding to and regulation of JAK2 by the SH2 domain and N-terminal region of SH2-bbetaL Rui
Department of Physiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0622, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:3168-77. 2000..This would result in a more rapid and robust cellular response to hormones and cytokines that activate JAK2. This interaction between inactive JAK2 and SH2-B may also help prevent abnormal activation of JAK2...
- Modulation of signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT) factor pathways during focal cerebral ischaemia: a gene expression array study in rat hippocampus after middle cerebral artery occlusionSheng Li Sun
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:1097-101. 2007....
- Mechanisms underlying the diminished sensitivity to prolactin negative feedback during lactation: reduced STAT5 signaling and up-regulation of cytokine-inducible SH2 domain-containing protein (CIS) expression in tuberoinfundibular dopaminergic neuronsStephen T Anderson
School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Queensland, Queensland 4072, Australia
Endocrinology 147:1195-202. 2006..Dual-label confocal immunofluorescence studies were used to determine the intracellular distribution of STAT5 within TIDA neurons in the dorsomedial arcuate nucleus...
- Lactogens promote beta cell survival through JAK2/STAT5 activation and Bcl-XL upregulationYuichi Fujinaka
Division of Endocrinology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 282:30707-17. 2007..this protective effect is the janus-activated-kinase-2/signal transducer and activator of transcription-5 (JAK2/STAT5) pathway...
- Proliferation and apoptosis in mammary epithelium during the rat oestrous cycleR Strange
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80214, USA
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 190:137-49. 2007..To understand the processes resulting in these changes, particularly the regulation of cell death, we examined protein levels in mammary epithelium during the oestrous cycle of the Sprague-Dawley rat...
- Nuclear translocation of the transcription factor STAT5 in the rat brain after systemic leptin administrationJörg Mütze
Department of Veterinary Physiology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Frankfurter Strasse 100, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Neurosci Lett 417:286-91. 2007..time that systemic treatment with leptin (5 mg/kg; intraperitoneal injection) also increased the number of nuclear STAT5 signals in the hypothalamus...
- Proliferation and apoptosis in PhIP-induced rat mammary gland carcinomas with elevated phosphotyrosine-STAT5aAndriana D Papaconstantinou
Chemical Carcinogenesis Section, Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
FEBS Lett 581:29-33. 2007..mammary gland carcinomas were different between carcinomas with high and low expression of phosphotyrosine (pY)-STAT5a. We determined that carcinomas with high pY-STAT5a were more proliferative (MIB5 immunostaining) and had a higher ..
- Physiologic and genomic analyses of nutrition-ethanol interactions during gestation: Implications for fetal ethanol toxicityKartik Shankar
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 231:1379-97. 2006..0005). Examination of maternal GH signaling via STAT5a and -5b revealed significant reduction in both gene and protein expression produced by both EtOH and ..
- Prolactin-induced activation of STAT5 within the hypothalamic arcuate nucleusBelinda J Cave
Department of Anatomy, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Neuroreport 16:1423-6. 2005..Following exogenous prolactin treatment, phosphorylation of STAT5 (signal transducer and activator of transcription) within the arcuate nucleus was measured using a highly ..
- ICA512 signaling enhances pancreatic beta-cell proliferation by regulating cyclins D through STATsHassan Mziaut
Department of Experimental Diabetology, Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden, School of Medicine, Dresden University of Technology, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:674-9. 2008..resulting cytosolic fragment (ICA512-CCF) moves into the nucleus where it enhances the levels of phosphorylated STAT5 and STAT3, thereby inducing insulin gene transcription and granule biogenesis...
- JAK2, but not Src family kinases, is required for STAT, ERK, and Akt signaling in response to growth hormone in preadipocytes and hepatoma cellsHui Jin
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5622, USA
Mol Endocrinol 22:1825-41. 2008..These results strongly suggest that JAK2, but not Src family kinases, is critical for transducing these GH signals in 3T3-F442A and H4IIE cells...
- Insulin regulates SOCS2 expression and the mitogenic effect of IGF-1 in mesangial cellsKeiji Isshiki
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Kidney Int 74:1434-43. 2008..growth factor 1 receptor (IGF-1R) were increased while those of suppressor of cytokine signaling 2 (SOCS2) and STAT5 were decreased. All of these changes were normalized by islet cell transplantation...
- STAT5 mediates antiapoptotic effects of methylprednisolone on oligodendrocytesJan Xu
Department of Neurology, Center for Aging, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 29:2022-6. 2009..Based on published findings of the functional interactions between GR and STAT5, a transcription factor from the family of signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT), we examined ..
- Dexamethasone inhibits camptothecin-induced apoptosis in C6-glioma via activation of Stat5/Bcl-xL pathwayYi Hua Qian
Department of Human Anatomy and Histology Embryology, School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, People s Republic of China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:764-71. 2009..gene, Bcl-xL expression, and its transcription factor, signaling transducer and activator of transcription 5 (Stat5), DNA binding activity and phospho-Stat5 expression...
- Dynamic in vivo binding of STAT5 to growth hormone-regulated genes in intact rat liver. Sex-specific binding at low- but not high-affinity STAT5 sitesEkaterina V Laz
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Department of Biology, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Mol Endocrinol 23:1242-54. 2009..upstream (100 kb) and downstream regions (25 kb), was aligned across four species and searched for conserved STAT5-binding sites using TFBS matrices...
- Male-specific hepatic Bcl6: growth hormone-induced block of transcription elongation in females and binding to target genes inversely coordinated with STAT5Rosana D Meyer
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Department of Biology, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Mol Endocrinol 23:1914-26. 2009..Indeed, STAT5 was bound to Bcl6 STAT5-binding region-B, previously associated with Bcl6 repression, in both male and female ..
- Region-, neuron-, and signaling pathway-specific increases in prolactin responsiveness in reproductively experienced female ratsAnnika Sjoeholm
Centre for Neuroendocrinology and Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, University of Otago School of Medical Sciences, Dunedin, New Zealand
Endocrinology 152:1979-88. 2011..The brains underwent immunohistochemistry for the phosphorylated forms of signal transducer and activator of transcription 5 (pSTAT5) or ERK1/2 (pERK1/2)...
- Growth hormone-induced differential desensitization of STAT5, ERK, and Akt phosphorylationShaonin Ji
Department of Pathology, Division of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, and the Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 277:28384-93. 2002..both of which are required for male-specific pattern of liver gene expression and GH-induced phosphorylation of STAT5. The present study suggests that regulation of GH receptor (GHR) levels in rat hepatoma cells by repeated GH ..
- Transcription factors Stat3 and Stat5b are present in rat liver nuclei late in an acute phase response and bind interleukin-6 response elementsJ A Ripperger
Chair of Genetics, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 270:29998-30006. 1995..The amino acid sequence of rat Stat5b showed 26.7% overall identity with rat Stat3, 87.3% with sheep Stat5a, 92.5% with murine Stat5a, and 98.7% with murine Stat5b.
- Regulation of mammary gland factor/Stat5a during mammary gland developmentA V Kazansky
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030 3498, USA
Mol Endocrinol 9:1598-609. 1995The rat homolog of sheep mammary gland factor (MGF)/Stat5 has been isolated and used to study the regulation of Stat5 during mammary gland development and PRL regulation in COS cells transfected with Stat5a and the PRL receptor...
- Identification of genomic regions controlling experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis in ratsS H Sun
Laboratory of Immunology, National Eye Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Int Immunol 11:529-34. 1999..Further analysis of these genomic regions may lead to identification of the susceptibility genes and to characterization of their function...
- Activation of the Jak/Stat signal transduction pathway in GH-treated rat osteoblast-like cells in cultureK Gerland
Laboratoire d Histologie Embryologie LHEA, UFR des sciences médicales, 1, Rue Haute de Reculee, 49045 cedex, Angers, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 168:1-9. 2000..The results show a GH-induced and sustained phosphorylation of Jak2 and Stat5 on tyrosine residues. The tyrosine phosphorylation status of Jak2 was increased in a dose-dependent manner...
- Nuclear translocation of STAT5 and increased expression of Fos related antigens (FRAs) in hypothalamic dopaminergic neurons after prolactin administrationA Lerant
Department of Anatomy, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39215 4505, USA
Brain Res 904:259-69. 2001..We used nuclear translocation of STAT5 as a marker of prolactin receptor induced signaling and expression of Fos related antigens (FRAs) as an indicator ..
- Signaling through the JAK/STAT pathway, recent advances and future challengesT Kisseleva
Department of Microbiology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Gene 285:1-24. 2002..Similarly, the solution of the crystal structure of two STATs has and will continue to facilitate our understanding of how STATs function. This review will highlight these exciting developments in JAK/STAT signaling...
- Possible involvement of truncated signal transducer and activator of transcription-5 in the GH pattern-dependent regulation of CYP2C12 gene expression in rat liverHanna Helander
Department of Medical Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Novum, S 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
Mol Endocrinol 16:1598-611. 2002..extracts to this site involved simultaneous binding of two Stat5 dimers, most likely both Stat5b homodimers and Stat5a/Stat5b heterodimers...
- 1Alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 inhibits GH-induced expression of SOCS-3 and CIS and prolongs growth hormone signaling via the Janus kinase (JAK2)/signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT5) system in osteoblast-like cellsOrlando Morales
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge Hospital, S 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
J Biol Chem 277:34879-84. 2002..GH mainly activates JAK2 and STAT5a and b...
- Nuclear localization of STAT5A modified with O-linked N-acetylglucosamine and early involution in the mammary gland of Hirosaki hairless ratNaoki Nanashima
Second Department of Biochemistry, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki 036 8562, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:43010-6. 2005..Nuclear localization of STAT5A in HHR and SDR was confirmed by immunohistochemistry...
- Angiotensin II blockade prevents hyperglycemia-induced activation of JAK and STAT proteins in diabetic rat kidney glomeruliAmy K Banes
Vascular Biology Ctr, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912 2500, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 286:F653-9. 2004..STZ stimulated glomerular phosphorylation of JAK2, STAT1, STAT3, and STAT5. Phosphorylation was reduced in rats treated with captopril, candesartan, and AG-490...
- Estradiol represses prolactin-induced expression of Na+/taurocholate cotransporting polypeptide in liver cells through estrogen receptor-alpha and signal transducers and activators of transcription 5aJingsong Cao
Graduate Center for Toxicology, Department of Physiology, Chandler Medical Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40536 0305, USA
Endocrinology 145:1739-49. 2004..shift analysis revealed that E(2)-bound ERalpha decreased the tyrosine phosphorylation and DNA-binding activity of Stat5a, indicating that the inhibitory effect of E(2) was mediated, at least in part, by interfering with PRL-mediated ..
- Possible role of Stat5a in rat mammary gland carcinogenesisLiang Shan
Chemical Carcinogenesis Section, Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, CCR, NCI, Building 37, Room 4146, 37 Convent Dr, Bethesda, MD, 20892 4262, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 88:263-72. 2004..In the mammary gland, Stat5a is well recognized for its function in prolactin signaling, lobuloalveolar development, and milk protein ..
- Aldose reductase pathway mediates JAK-STAT signaling: a novel axis in myocardial ischemic injuryYuying C Hwang
Division of Surgical Science, Department of Surgery, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
FASEB J 19:795-7. 2005..Induction of global ischemia in rats resulted in JAK2 activation followed by STAT5 activation...
- Effects of prolactin on hypothalamic supraoptic neurones: evidence for modulation of STAT5 expression and electrical activityJulie Townsend
Department of Anatomy, University of Bristol, Pre clinical Veterinary School, Southwell St, Bristol, BS2 8EJ, UK
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 26:125-30. 2005The study investigated the role of prolactin (PRL) in modulating STAT5 and electrical activity of magnocellular neurones in the supraoptic (SO) nucleus of male rats.
- Effect of nitric oxide-cGMP-dependent protein kinase activation on advanced glycation end-product-induced proliferation in renal fibroblastsJau Shyang Huang
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Chung Hwa College of Medical Technology, 89 Wen Hwa, 1st Street, Jen Te Hsiang, Tainan Hsien 717, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:2318-29. 2005..both AGE-induced proliferation and Janus kinase 2 (JAK2)-signal transducers and activators of transcription 5 (STAT5) activation but not p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) activation...
- Mammary gland factor (MGF) is a novel member of the cytokine regulated transcription factor gene family and confers the prolactin responseH Wakao
Friedrich Miescher Institute, Basel, Switzerland
EMBO J 13:2182-91. 1994..The mammary gland factor, MGF, has been shown to be a central mediator in the lactogenic hormone response...
- STAT 5a expression in various lesions of the breastGary L Bratthauer
Department of Gynecologic and Breast Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Virchows Arch 448:165-71. 2006..The absence of STAT 5a in the abnormal breast epithelial cells may indicate a defect contributory to the abnormal state...
- Role of SOCS proteins in host-pathogen responsesPeter Murray; Fiscal Year: 2003..PERFORMANCE SITE (S) (organization, city, state) St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TN . ..
- Role of Macrophage Arginase in Anti-Bacterial ImmunityPeter Murray; Fiscal Year: 2009..The outcomes of the proposed studies will reveal new elements of Arg I function and provide rationale for approaching Arg I as a target in inflammatory diseases. ..