Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Src
Description: SRC proto-oncogene, non-receptor tyrosine kinase
Alias: proto-oncogene tyrosine-protein kinase Src, Rous sarcoma oncogene, c-Src, p60-Src, pp60c-src, proto-oncogene c-Src, tyrosine protein kinase c-src, tyrosine protein kinase pp60-c-src, v-src avian sarcoma (Schmidt-Ruppin A-2) viral oncogene homolog, v-src sarcoma (Schmidt-Ruppin A-2) viral oncogene homolog
Publications128 found, 100 shown here
- Modulation of ERK 1/2 and p38 MAPK signaling pathways by ATP in osteoblasts: involvement of mechanical stress-activated calcium influx, PKC and Src activationS Katz
Departamento de Biologia, Bioquimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional del Sur, San Juan 670, B8000ICN Bahia Blanca, Argentina
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 38:2082-91. 2006..318220 (1 microM), a protein kinase C (PKC) inhibitor, and PP1 (50 microM), a potent and selective inhibitor of the Src-family tyrosine kinases. Ca(2+)-free extracellular medium (containing 0...
- Involvement of c-Src tyrosine kinase in SHP-1 phosphatase activation by Ang II AT2 receptors in rat fetal tissuesSergio E Alvarez
Facultad de Quimica, Instituto Multidisciplinario de Investigaciones Biológicas IMIBIO CONICET, Bioquimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional de San Luis, San Luis, Argentina
J Cell Biochem 105:703-11. 2008..Interestingly, following receptor stimulation (1 min) c-Src was associated to AT(2) or SHP-1 immunocomplexes...
- Src-dependent STAT-3-mediated expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 is required for 15(S)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid-induced vascular smooth muscle cell migrationHarihara S K Potula
Department of Physiology, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Biol Chem 284:31142-55. 2009..In addition, 15(S)-HETE-induced VSMC migration was dependent on Src-mediated activation of signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 (STAT-3)...
- An intracellular multi-effector complex mediates somatostatin receptor 1 activation of phospho-tyrosine phosphatase etaSara Arena
Section of Pharmacology, Department of Oncology, Biology and Genetics, Univertsity of Genova 16132 Genova, Italy
Mol Endocrinol 21:229-46. 2007..and that involves, in a multimeric complex and sequential activation, the tyrosine kinases Janus kinase (JAK) 2 and Src, and the cytosolic phosphotyrosine phosphatase SHP-2...
- EV71 induces COX-2 expression via c-Src/PDGFR/PI3K/Akt/p42/p44 MAPK/AP-1 and NF-kappaB in rat brain astrocytesWei Hsuan Tung
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 224:376-86. 2010..that EV71-induced COX-2 expression and PGE(2) production were attenuated by pretreatment with the inhibitors of c-Src (PP1), PDGFR (AG1296), PI3K (Wortmannin), MEK1/2 (PD98059), NF-kappaB (helenalin), and AP-1 (Tanshinone) and ..
- Integrin-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of SHPS-1 and its association with SHP-2. Roles of Fak and Src family kinasesM Tsuda
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:13223-9. 1998SHPS-1 is a receptor-like glycoprotein that undergoes tyrosine phosphorylation and binds SHP-2, an Src homology 2 domain containing protein tyrosine phosphatase, in response to various mitogens...
- Caveolin-1 facilitates mechanosensitive protein kinase B (Akt) signaling in vitro and in vivoDaniel G Sedding
Department of Internal Medicine I Cardiology, Giessen University, Giessen, Germany
Circ Res 96:635-42. 2005..When VSMC were subjected to cyclic stretch (0.5 Hz at 125% resting length), PI3-K, Akt, and Src kinases were found activated...
- Angiotensin II-induced osteopontin expression in vascular smooth muscle cells involves Gq/11, Ras, ERK, Src and Ets-1Keiko Abe
Department of Medicine and Molecular Science, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
Hypertens Res 31:987-98. 2008..DN-Src and DN-Fyn suppressed Ang II-induced OPN promoter activity...
- Expression and signaling of G protein-coupled estrogen receptor 1 (GPER) in rat sertoli cellsThaís F G Lucas
Section of Experimental Endocrinology, Department of Pharmacology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, INFAR, Vila Clementino, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Biol Reprod 83:307-17. 2010..MAPK3/1 phosphorylation induced by ICI or G-1 was blocked by pertussis toxin, selective inhibitor of the SRC family of protein tyrosine kinases, metalloprotease inhibitor, MAP2K1/2 inhibitor, and epidermal growth factor ..
- Cell adhesion-dependent cofilin serine 3 phosphorylation by the integrin-linked kinase.c-Src complexYong Bae Kim
Department of Tumor Biology, Cancer Research Institute, Cell Dynamics Research Center, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul 110 799, Korea
J Biol Chem 283:10089-96. 2008..with suspended cells, fibronectin-adherent cells showed enhanced pS(3)cofilin, depending on ILK expression and c-Src activity...
- NMDA receptor activation results in tyrosine phosphorylation of NMDA receptor subunit 2A(NR2A) and interaction of Pyk2 and Src with NR2A after transient cerebral ischemia and reperfusionY Liu
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, 84 West Huai hai Road, Xuzhou, 221002, Jiangsu, China
Brain Res 909:51-8. 2001..I/R) on tyrosine phosphorylation of NMDA receptor subunit 2A (NR2A) and the interaction of two tyrosine kinases, Src and Pyk2, with NR2A was investigated...
- Characterization and location of Src-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation in rat brain mitochondriaMauro Salvi
Dipartimento di Chimica Biologica, Universita di Padova, Centro delle Biomembrane del CNR, Viale G Colombo 3, 35121 Padua, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1589:181-95. 2002..Tyrosine phosphorylation disappears when mitochondria are treated with PP2, an inhibitor of the Src kinase family, suggesting the presence of members of this family in rat brain mitochondria...
- MEK mediates v-Src-induced disruption of the actin cytoskeleton via inactivation of the Rho-ROCK-LIM kinase pathwayGeraldine Pawlak
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
J Biol Chem 277:26927-33. 2002Cellular transformation by v-Src is believed to be caused by aberrant activation of signaling pathways that are normally regulated by cellular Src...
- Role of c-SRC and ERK in acid-induced activation of NHE3Hirohiko Tsuganezawa
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9003, USA
Kidney Int 62:41-50. 2002..Incubation of cultured renal epithelial cells in acid media activates c-Src.
- Activation of Src kinase in platelet-derived growth factor-B-dependent tubular regeneration after acute ischemic renal injuryMikiko Takikita-Suzuki
Department of Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Seta, Otsu, Japan
Am J Pathol 163:277-86. 2003..In the present study, we examined the activation of Src tyrosine kinase, a crucially important signaling molecule for PDGFR, and assessed the role of Src in PDGF-B-..
- Role of Src-induced dynamin-2 phosphorylation in caveolae-mediated endocytosis in endothelial cellsAyesha N Shajahan
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois, College of Medicine, M C 868, 835 S Wolcott Avenue, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 279:20392-400. 2004..We addressed the role of Src phosphorylation of the GTPase dynamin-2 in the mechanism of caveolae release and albumin transport...
- Cardiomyocyte apoptosis triggered by RAFTK/pyk2 via Src kinase is antagonized by paxillinJaime Melendez
The Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 279:53516-23. 2004..expression of RAFTK in neonatal rat cardiomyocytes involves concurrent increases in phosphorylation of Src, c-Jun N-terminal kinase, and p38 leading to characteristic apoptotic changes including cleavage of poly(ADP-ribose)..
- Aldosterone activates vascular p38MAP kinase and NADPH oxidase via c-SrcGlaucia E Callera
CIHR Multidisciplinary Research Group on Hypertension, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, University of Montreal, Canada
Hypertension 45:773-9. 2005..that aldosterone induces activation of vascular mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinases and NADPH oxidase via c-Src-dependent mechanisms in vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs)...
- c-Src-dependent nongenomic signaling responses to aldosterone are increased in vascular myocytes from spontaneously hypertensive ratsGlaucia E Callera
Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Hypertension 46:1032-8. 2005..previously demonstrated that nongenomic signaling by aldosterone in vascular smooth muscle cells occurs through c-Src-dependent pathways...
- Interaction between src family kinases and rho-kinase in agonist-induced Ca2+-sensitization of rat pulmonary arteryGreg A Knock
Department of Asthma, Allergy and Respiratory Science, School of Medicine, King s College London, Room 3 20, Franklin Wilkins Building, Stamford Street, London SE1 9NH, UK
Cardiovasc Res 77:570-9. 2008We investigated the role of src family kinases (srcFK) in agonist-mediated Ca2+-sensitization in pulmonary artery and whether this involves interaction with the rho/rho-kinase pathway.
- Localization of PTP-1B, SHP-2, and Src exclusively in rat brain mitochondria and functional consequencesAmal Arachiche
INSERM U688 Physiopathologie Mitochondriale, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 283:24406-11. 2008An immunodetection study of protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B (PTP-1B), SHP-2, and Src in isolated mitochondria from different rat tissues (brain, muscle, heart, liver, and kidney) revealed their exclusive localization in the brain...
- Homophilic adhesion and CEACAM1-S regulate dimerization of CEACAM1-L and recruitment of SHP-2 and c-SrcMario M Müller
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Biol 187:569-81. 2009..Although there is evidence that CEACAM1 binds and activates SHP-1, SHP-2, and c-Src, knowledge about the mechanism of transmembrane signaling is lacking...
- Proteomics study of oxidative stress and Src kinase inhibition in H9C2 cardiomyocytes: a cell model of heart ischemia-reperfusion injury and treatmentHsiu Chuan Chou
Tissue Regeneration Bio Device Tech Lab, Medical Electronics and Device Technology Center, Industrial Technology Research Institute, Hsinchu 31040, Taiwan
Free Radic Biol Med 49:96-108. 2010..Importantly, Src kinase was shown to be a major upstream regulator of these events...
- Functional impact of PTP1B-mediated Src regulation on oxidative phosphorylation in rat brain mitochondriaEtienne Hébert Chatelain
Physiopathologie Mitochondriale, INSERM U688, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Cell Mol Life Sci 68:2603-13. 2011Given the presence of Src and PTP1B within rat brain mitochondria, we have investigated whether PTP1B regulates Src activity in mitochondria as in the cytosol...
- Activating the PARP-1 sensor component of the groucho/ TLE1 corepressor complex mediates a CaMKinase IIdelta-dependent neurogenic gene activation pathwayBong Gun Ju
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Diego, Department and School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cell 119:815-29. 2004..The identification of PARP-1 as a regulated promoter-specific exchange factor required for activation of specific neurogenic gene programs is likely to be prototypic of similar molecular mechanisms...
- The pro-atherogenic cytokine interleukin-18 induces CXCL16 expression in rat aortic smooth muscle cells via MyD88, interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase, tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 6, c-Src, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, Akt, c-JBysani Chandrasekar
Department of Medicine, Medicine Cardiology, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
J Biol Chem 280:26263-77. 2005..b>Src kinase inhibitors PP1 and PP2, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) inhibitors wortmannin and LY294002, Akt ..
- EGF receptor-mediated, c-Src-dependent, activation of Stat5b is downregulated in mitogenically responsive hepatocytesTormod K Guren
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Cell Physiol 196:113-23. 2003..The Src tyrosine kinase inhibitor CGP77675 blocked the EGF-induced activation of Stat5b, but did not affect the Stat5b ..
- Dual phosphorylations underlie modulation of unitary KCNQ K(+) channels by Src tyrosine kinaseYang Li
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Biol Chem 279:45399-407. 2004b>Src tyrosine kinase suppresses KCNQ (M-type) K(+) channels in a subunit-specific manner representing a mode of modulation distinct from that involving G protein-coupled receptors...
- Protein kinases and adherens junction dynamics in the seminiferous epithelium of the rat testisNikki P Y Lee
Population Council, 1230 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Cell Physiol 202:344-60. 2005..system utilizing Sertoli and germ cells was used to study the regulation of several protein kinases, including c-Src (the cellular form of the v-src transforming gene of Rous Sarcoma virus, RSV), carboxyl-terminal Src kinase (Csk), ..
- Store-operated Ca(2+) entry and tyrosine kinase pp60(src) hyperactivity are modulated by hyperglycemia in platelets from patients with non insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusFernando R Saavedra
Department of Physiology, University of Extremadura, 10071 Caceres, Spain
Arch Biochem Biophys 432:261-8. 2004..Consistent with this, the activity of the tyrosine kinase pp60(src) is enhanced in platelets from diabetic patients...
- Src kinase activity is required for integrin alphaVbeta3-mediated activation of nuclear factor-kappaBDonald L Courter
Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 280:12145-51. 2005..The Src family of tyrosine kinases represents important transducers during integrin signaling, and the C terminus of beta3 ..
- Implication of phospholipase D2 in oxidant-induced phosphoinositide 3-kinase signaling via Pyk2 activation in PC12 cellsYoshiko Banno
Department of Cell Signaling, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:16319-24. 2005..Furthermore, we found that PLD2 was associated with Pyk2 and Src, and that activation of PLD2 was required for H(2)O(2)-enhanced association of Src with Pyk2 leading to full ..
- Molecular basis for regulation of Src by the docking protein p130CasFariborz Nasertorabi
Cancer Center, The Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Mol Recognit 19:30-8. 2006..b>Src-family kinases (SFKs) bind a specific site in the carboxyl-terminal region of Cas and subsequently SFKs ..
- 17beta-estradiol induces the translocation of the estrogen receptors ESR1 and ESR2 to the cell membrane, MAPK3/1 phosphorylation and proliferation of cultured immature rat Sertoli cellsThaís F G Lucas
Section of Experimental Endocrinology, Department of Pharmacology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Biol Reprod 78:101-14. 2008..Both effects reached a maximum after 10 min and were blocked by PP2, an inhibitor of the SRC family of protein tyrosine kinases, and by the antiestrogen ICI 182,780 (ICI)...
- The Met tyrosine kinase receptor in development and cancerAlessandra Gentile
Division of Molecular Oncology, University of Turin Medical School, 10060, Candiolo Torino, Italy
Cancer Metastasis Rev 27:85-94. 2008..Several approaches have been recently developed to interfere with the tumorigenic and metastatic processes triggered by Met...
- Expression of tetraspan protein CD63 activates protein-tyrosine kinase (PTK) and enhances the PTK-induced inhibition of ROMK channelsDaoHong Lin
Department of Pharmacology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
J Biol Chem 283:7674-81. 2008..Expression of CD63 in 293T cells stimulated the phosphorylation of tyrosine residue 416 of c-Src but decreased the phosphorylation of tyrosine residue 527, indicating that expression of CD63 stimulates the ..
- Alpha-1 adrenergic receptor transactivates signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 (Stat3) through activation of Src and epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) in hepatocytesChang Han
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Cell Physiol 216:486-97. 2008..The observations that PE induced the formation of c-Src-Stat3 binding complex and phosphorylation of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and that inhibiting Src and ..
- Nox4 NAD(P)H oxidase mediates Src-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of PDK-1 in response to angiotensin II: role in mesangial cell hypertrophy and fibronectin expressionKaren Block
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, 7723 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Biol Chem 283:24061-76. 2008..total and on residues 9 and 373/376) are inhibited in cells transfected with small interfering RNA for Src, indicating that Src is upstream of PDK-1...
- S100B Protein Regulates Astrocyte Shape and Migration via Interaction with Src Kinase: IMPLICATIONS FOR ASTROCYTE DEVELOPMENT, ACTIVATION, AND TUMOR GROWTHFlora Brozzi
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Perugia, C P 81 Succ 3, 06122 Perugia, Italy
J Biol Chem 284:8797-811. 2009..Finally, we show that S100B interacts with Src kinase, thereby stimulating the PI3K/Akt and PI3K/RhoA pathways...
- Role of nonreceptor protein tyrosine kinases during phospholipase C-gamma 1-related uterine contractions in the ratMark Phillippe
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Reprod Sci 16:265-73. 2009..Western blots were performed utilizing antibodies to phosphotyrosine-phospholipase C1, total phospholipase C1, c-Src kinase and Lck kinase...
- Peroxynitrite induces tyrosine residue modifications in synaptophysin C-terminal domain, affecting its interaction with srcCinzia Mallozzi
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, Rome, Italy
J Neurochem 111:859-69. 2009..We found that tyrosine-phosphorylated, but not tyrosine-nitrated, SYP bound to the src tyrosine kinase and enhanced its catalytic activity...
- Neuroprotective profile of novel SRC kinase inhibitors in rodent models of cerebral ischemiaShi Liang
Discovery Neuroscience, Wyeth Research, CN 8000, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 331:827-35. 2009b>Src kinase signaling has been implicated in multiple mechanisms of ischemic injury, including vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-mediated vascular permeability that leads to vasogenic edema, a major clinical complication in stroke ..
- Vascular superoxide production by endothelin-1 requires Src non-receptor protein tyrosine kinase and MAPK activationMiguel Romero
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, University of Granada, 18071 Granada, Spain
Atherosclerosis 212:78-85. 2010ET-1 induces vascular O(2)(*-) production via activation of NADPH oxidase. We have investigated whether c-Src and MAPKs activation are involved in ET-1-induced vascular oxidative response...
- Dopamine D1 receptor-mediated NMDA receptor insertion depends on Fyn but not Src kinase pathway in prefrontal cortical neuronsJian Li Hu
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
Mol Brain 3:20. 2010..The aim of the work reported here is to explore the signaling pathway underlying D1 receptor-mediated trafficking of NMDA receptors in cultured rat prefrontal cortical neurons...
- c-Src in paraventricular nucleus modulates sympathetic activity and cardiac sympathetic afferent reflex in renovascular hypertensive ratsYing Han
Department of Physiology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Pflugers Arch 461:437-46. 2011..The study was to determine whether c-Src in paraventricular nucleus (PVN) is involved in the enhanced CSAR and sympathetic activation in hypertensive rats ..
- 15-Lipoxygenase-1-enhanced Src-Janus kinase 2-signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 stimulation and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression require redox-sensitive activation of epidermal growth factor receptor in vascular wall remodeliNikhlesh K Singh
Department of Physiology, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Biol Chem 286:22478-88. 2011..Interference with EGFR activation blocked 15(S)-HETE-induced Src and STAT3 tyrosine phosphorylation, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) expression and VSMC migration...
- Neuroimmune modulation following traumatic stress in rats: evidence for an immunoregulatory cascade mediated by c-Src, miRNA222 and PAK1Hui Zhao
Department of Integrative Medicine and Neurobiology, State Key Lab of Medical Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College, Brain Research Institute, Fudan University, Shanghai, P R China
J Neuroinflammation 8:159. 2011Neuroimmune modulation following traumatic stress is accompanied by cortical upregulation of c-Src expression, but the mechanistic details of the potential regulatory link between c-Src expression and immunosuppression have not been ..
- AT₂receptors recruit c-Src, SHP-1 and FAK upon activation by Ang II in PND15 rat hindbrainLeonardo R Seguin
Instituto Multidisciplinario de Investigaciones Biológicas IMIBIO SL CONICET, Facultad de Quimica, Bioquimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional de San Luis, San Luis, Argentina
Neurochem Int 60:199-207. 2012..The possible participation of c-Src in Ang II-mediated SHP-1 activation, we demonstrated by recruitment of c-Src in immunocomplexes obtained with anti ..
- HIF-1 and c-Src mediate increased glucose uptake induced by endothelin-1 and connexin43 in astrocytesJosé Carlos Valle-Casuso
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Instituto de Neurociencias de Castilla y Leon INCYL, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e32448. 2012..The activity of oncogenes such as c-Src can up-regulate HIF-1α...
- Anoxia-induced NMDA receptor activation opens pannexin channels via Src family kinasesNicholas L Weilinger
Hotchkiss Brain Institute, Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
J Neurosci 32:12579-88. 2012..Anoxia or exogenous NMDA activated Src family kinases (SFKs), as measured by increased phosphorylation of SFKs at Y416...
- Modulation of gastric mucosal inflammatory responses to Helicobacter pylori via ghrelin-induced protein kinase Cδ tyrosine phosphorylationB L Slomiany
Research Center, C875, Rutgers School of Dental Medicine, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 110 Bergen Street, PO Box 1709, Newark, NJ, 07103 2400, USA
Inflammopharmacology 22:251-62. 2014..responses to Helicobacter pylori by controlling the activation of constitutive nitric oxide synthase via Src/Akt-dependent phosphorylation that requires phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) participation...
- Differential effects of c-Src and c-Yes on the endocytic vesicle-mediated trafficking events at the Sertoli cell blood-testis barrier: an in vitro studyXiang Xiao
Mary M Wohlford Laboratory for Male Contraceptive Research, Center for Biomedical Research, Population Council, New York, New York
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 307:E553-62. 2014..We hypothesized that c-Src and c-Yes might work in contrasting roles in endocytic vesicle-mediated trafficking, serving as molecular switches, ..
- Caveolin-1 phosphorylation regulates vascular endothelial insulin uptake and is impaired by insulin resistance in ratsHong Wang
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, 450 Ray C Hunt Drive, Box 801410, Charlottesville, VA, 22908, USA
Diabetologia 58:1344-53. 2015..Here, we examined the role of insulin-stimulated tyrosine 14 (Tyr(14))-caveolin-1 phosphorylation in mediating EC insulin uptake and the role of cellular Src-kinase (cSrc), TNF-α/IL-6 and high fat diet (HFD) in regulating this process.
- Src Tyrosine Kinase Activation by 4-Hydroxynonenal Upregulates p38, ERK/AP-1 Signaling and COX-2 Expression in YPEN-1 CellsEun Ji Jang
Molecular Inflammation Research Center for Aging Intervention MRCA, Department of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Busan, Republic of Korea
PLoS ONE 10:e0129244. 2015..In the present study, we investigated the interaction between 4-HNE and Src (a non-receptor tyrosine kinase) for its involvement in the molecular modulation of the inflammatory signaling ..
- Microtubule and Actin Interplay Drive Intracellular c-Src TraffickingChristopher Arnette
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0148996. 2016The proto-oncogene c-Src is involved in a variety of signaling processes. Therefore, c-Src spatiotemporal localization is critical for interaction with downstream targets...
- Connexin43 recruits PTEN and Csk to inhibit c-Src activity in glioma cells and astrocytesAna González-Sánchez
Instituto de Neurociencias de Castilla y Leon INCYL, Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Oncotarget 7:49819-49833. 2016..ectopic expression exerts important effects, including the inhibition of the proto-oncogene tyrosine-protein kinase Src (c-Src). In this work we aimed to investigate the mechanism responsible for this effect...
- Interaction between chicken protein tyrosine phosphatase 1 (CPTP1)-like rat protein phosphatase 1 (PTP1) and p60(v-src) in v-src-transformed Rat-1 fibroblastsEun Joo Jung
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Gyeongsang National University, Chinju 660 751, Korea
Exp Mol Med 34:476-80. 2002..Using anti-CPTP1 antibody, we identified CPTP1-like rat PTP1 of 51 kDa in Rat-1 and v-src-transformed Rat-1 fibroblasts...
- Integrin activates receptor-like protein tyrosine phosphatase alpha, Src, and Rho to increase prolactin gene expression through a final phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/cytoskeletal pathway that is additive with insulinAnthony I Vulin
Department of Pharmacology, New York University Medical Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
Endocrinology 146:3535-46. 2005..Others suggested that RPTPalpha was a key intermediary between integrins and activation of Src. We present evidence that inhibition of insulin-increased prolactin gene transcription was secondary to RPTPalpha ..
- Involvement of c-Src/STAT3 signal in EGF-induced proliferation of rat spermatogonial stem cellsJia Xiang Chen
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Nanchang University, Donghu District, Nanchang 330006, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 358:67-73. 2011..proliferation in a dose-dependent manner and significantly increased the protein levels of phosphated c-Src (p-c-Src) and phosphated signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (p-STAT3)...
- Localization of caveolin-1 and c-src in mature and differentiating photoreceptors: raft proteins co-distribute with rhodopsin during developmentAgnes I Berta
Department of Human Morphology and Developmental Biology, Semmelweis University Budapest, Tuzolto u 58, Budapest, Hungary
J Mol Histol 42:523-33. 2011..Therefore the purpose of our studies was to follow the localization pattern of caveolin-1, phospho-caveolin-1 and c-src in the developing retina and compare it to that observed in adults...
- Calcium-permeable α-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid receptors trigger neuronal nitric-oxide synthase activation to promote nerve cell death in an Src kinase-dependent fashionRenato Socodato
Program of Neurosciences and Department of Neurobiology, Institute of Biology, Fluminense Federal University, Niteroi, 24020 971, Brazil
J Biol Chem 287:38680-94. 2012..The Src-tyrosine kinase has been implicated in modulating neurotransmission in CNS...
- The GTPase dynamin binds to and is activated by a subset of SH3 domainsI Gout
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, London, England
Cell 75:25-36. 1993b>Src homology 3 (SH3) domains have been implicated in mediating protein-protein interactions in receptor signaling processes; however, the precise role of this domain remains unclear...
- Mammalian NUMB is an evolutionarily conserved signaling adapter protein that specifies cell fateJ M Verdi
Amgen Institute, Ontario Cancer Institute, Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto M5G 2C1, Canada
Curr Biol 6:1134-45. 1996..Part of the Drosophila NUMB protein exhibits homology to the SHC phosphotyrosine-binding (PTB) domain, suggesting a potential link to tyrosine-kinase signal transduction...
- Activating SRC mutation in a subset of advanced human colon cancersR B Irby
Department of Surgery, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa 33612, USA
Nat Genet 21:187-90. 1999The discovery of Rous sarcoma virus (RSV) led to the identification of cellular Src (c-Src), a non-receptor tyrosine kinase, which has since been implicated in the development of numerous human cancers...
- Increased expression of neuronal Src and tyrosine phosphorylation of NMDA receptors in rat brain after systemic treatment with MK-801A Linden
A I Virtanen Institute, University of Kuopio, P O B 1627, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Neuropharmacology 40:469-81. 2001..that systemic treatment with the uncompetitive N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonist MK-801 increases Src expression and NMDA receptor phosphorylation in rat brain...
- Regulation of an ERG K+ current by Src tyrosine kinaseFrancisco S Cayabyab
Division of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Toronto Western Research Institute, University Health Network and Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5T 2S8, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:13673-81. 2002..The whole cell ERG current was reduced by protein-tyrosine kinase inhibitors or the Src-selective inhibitory peptide, src40-58, but not by a scrambled peptide...
- Cloning of the proto-oncogene c-src from rat testisO Al-Khalili
Department of Physiology, Center for Cell and Molecular Signaling, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
DNA Seq 12:425-9. 2001The cellular homolog of the oncogene v-src, the proto-oncogene c-src, was cloned from rat testis using a high stringency polymerase chain reaction...
- Ligand-independent trans-activation of the platelet-derived growth factor receptor by reactive oxygen species requires protein kinase C-delta and c-SrcShuichi Saito
Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0146, USA
J Biol Chem 277:44695-700. 2002..at Tyr(1021), a phospholipase C-gamma binding site, involving the requirement of protein kinase C-delta and c-Src that is distinct from a ligand-dependent autophosphorylation...
- Tyrosine kinase and tyrosine phosphatase participate in regulation of interactions of NMDA receptor subunit 2A with Src and Fyn mediated by PSD-95 after transient brain ischemiaMin Chen
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, 84 West Huai hai Road, Xuzhou, 221002 P R, Jiangsu, China
Neurosci Lett 339:29-32. 2003..receptor subunit 2A (NR2A) and the interactions among NR2A, postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD-95), Fyn/Src after brain ischemia/reperfusion (I/R)...
- Fer kinase/FerT and adherens junction dynamics in the testis: an in vitro and in vivo studyYong Mei Chen
Population Council, New York, New York, 10021, USA
Biol Reprod 69:656-72. 2003..Studies by immunoprecipitation revealed that Fer kinase associated with N-cadherin, gamma-catenin, p120ctn, c-Src (a putative PTK and the product of the transforming, sarcoma-inducing gene of Rous sarcoma virus), Rab 8 (a GTPase),..
- Protein kinase C delta induces Src kinase activity via activation of the protein tyrosine phosphatase PTP alphaDominique T Brandt
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Department of Nephrology, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:34073-8. 2003..reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton in smooth muscle cells is transmitted by the non-receptor tyrosine kinase, Src. Several authors have described how 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (TPA) stimulation of cells results in an ..
- Sensitization of epidermal growth factor-induced signaling by bradykinin is mediated by c-Src. Implications for a role of lipid microdomainsEun Mi Hur
Department of Life Science, Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, San 31, Hyoja Dong, Pohang 790 784, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 279:5852-60. 2004..Bradykinin caused activation of p60Src and Src-dependent phosphorylation of the EGFR on Tyr-845 in lipid rafts, as well as recruitment of phospholipase C (PLC) ..
- Tumor metastasis but not tumor growth is dependent on Src-mediated vascular permeabilityMichele L Criscuoli
La Jolla Institute for Molecular Medicine, Division of Cancer Biology, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Blood 105:1508-14. 2005..Previous studies have shown a requirement for Src kinase in VEGF-mediated VP and signaling in blood vessels...
- PKA phosphorylation of Src mediates Rap1 activation in NGF and cAMP signaling in PC12 cellsYutaro Obara
The Vollum Institute, L474, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Cell Sci 117:6085-94. 2004Recent studies suggest that the tyrosine kinase Src plays an important role in the hormonal regulation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERKs) via cyclic AMP (cAMP)...
- The rat tyrosine phosphatase eta increases cell adhesion by activating c-Src through dephosphorylation of its inhibitory phosphotyrosine residueIlaria Le Pera
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Medical School of Catanzaro, Magna Graecia University of Catanzaro, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Oncogene 24:3187-95. 2005..Here, we report that the r-PTPeta protein binds to c-Src in living cells and dephosphorylates the c-Src inhibitory tyrosine phosphorylation site (Tyr 529), thereby ..
- Prostaglandin E2 stimulates fibronectin expression through EP1 receptor, phospholipase C, protein kinase Calpha, and c-Src pathway in primary cultured rat osteoblastsChih Hsin Tang
Departments of Pharmacology and Orthopaedics, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 280:22907-16. 2005..acid tetrakis(acetoxymethyl ester)), phosphatidylinositol-phospholipase C inhibitor (U73122), or Src inhibitor (PP2) attenuated the PGE(2)-induced Fn expression...
- Involvement of Src tyrosine kinase and mitogen-activated protein kinase in the facilitation of calcium channels in rat nucleus of the tractus solitarius by angiotensin IITakayuki Endoh
Department of Physiology, Tokyo Dental College, 1 2 2 Masago, Mihama ku, Chiba 261 8502, Japan
J Physiol 568:851-65. 2005..Intracellular dialysis of the Galpha(i)-protein antibody attenuated the Ang II-induced facilitation of I(Ca). Both Src tyrosine kinase inhibitor and mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) inhibitor attenuated the Ang II-induced ..
- Insulin-dependent phosphorylation of DPP IV in liver. Evidence for a role of compartmentalized c-SrcNicolas Bilodeau
Pediatric Research Unit, CRCHUL CHUQ, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
FEBS J 273:992-1003. 2006..DPP IV coimmunoprecipitated with the cellular tyrosine kinase Src (c-Src) with maximal association also observed after 2 min following insulin injection...
- Integrin receptor activation triggers converging regulation of Cav1.2 calcium channels by c-Src and protein kinase A pathwaysPeichun Gui
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
J Biol Chem 281:14015-25. 2006..These sites are known to be phosphorylated by protein kinase A (PKA) and c-Src, respectively, and are conserved between rat neuronal (Cav1.2c) and smooth muscle (Cav1.2b) isoforms...
- Angiotensin II-dependent Src and Smad1 signaling pathway is crucial for the development of diabetic nephropathyAkira Mima
Department of Nephrology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Lab Invest 86:927-39. 2006..staining and Western blotting showed that the increased expression of Smad1, phospho-Smad1, and phospho-Src was inhibited by olmesartan...
- Activated c-SRC in ductal carcinoma in situ correlates with high tumour grade, high proliferation and HER2 positivityG R Wilson
Department of Academic Surgery, Research and Education Building 2nd Floor, South Manchester University Hospital, Wythenshawe, Manchester, UK
Br J Cancer 95:1410-4. 2006Overexpression and/or activity of c-Src non-receptor tyrosine kinase is associated with progression of several human epithelial cancers including breast cancer...
- Repetitive deformation activates focal adhesion kinase and ERK mitogenic signals in human Caco-2 intestinal epithelial cells through Src and Rac1Lakshmi S Chaturvedi
Surgical Service, John D Dingell Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 282:14-28. 2007..However, the upstream mediators of these effects are unknown. We investigated whether Src and Rac1 mediate deformation-induced FAK and ERK phosphorylation and proliferation in human Caco-2 and rat IEC-6 ..
- Constitutive diffuse activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase at the plasma membrane by v-Src suppresses the chemotactic response to PDGF by abrogating the polarity of PDGF receptor signallingAnna Platek
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, CELL Unit, UCL 75 41, Avenue Hippocrate, 75, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Exp Cell Res 313:1090-105. 2007Cancer cells depend on chemotaxis for invasion and frequently overexpress and/or activate Src. We previously reported that v-Src accelerates motility by promoting phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3-K) signalling but abrogates chemotaxis...
- Protein kinase Cepsilon (PKCepsilon) and Src control PKCdelta activation loop phosphorylation in cardiomyocytesVitalyi O Rybin
Department of Pharmacology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 282:23631-8. 2007..Further studies implicate Src in this mechanism, showing that 1) PKCepsilon overexpression increases PKCdelta-Thr(505) phosphorylation in ..
- Regulation of c-Src activity in glutamate-induced neurodegenerationSavita Khanna
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Department of Surgery, Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 282:23482-90. 2007c-Src is heavily expressed in the brain and in human neural tissues...
- Suppression of c-Src activity stimulates muscle differentiation via p38 MAPK activationMin Jin Lim
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology BK21 project, Medical Research Center for Bioreaction to Reactive Oxygen Species and Biomedical Science Institute, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Arch Biochem Biophys 465:197-208. 2007Role of c-Src in muscle differentiation has been controversial. Here, we investigated if c-Src positively or negatively regulates muscle differentiation, using H9c2 and C2C12 cell lines...
- Platelet-derived growth factor-induced stabilization of cyclooxygenase 2 mRNA in rat smooth muscle cells requires the c-Src family of protein-tyrosine kinasesKaiming Xu
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University, 1510 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 282:32699-709. 2007..Activation of PDGF receptor (PDGFR) in rat aortic vascular smooth muscle cells leads to c-Src-dependent stabilization of COX-2 mRNA requiring an AU-rich region within the 3'-untranslated region of this ..
- The role of reelin in adult synaptic function and the genetic and epigenetic regulation of the reelin geneJonathan M Levenson
Galenea, Corp, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1779:422-31. 2008....
- Src-mediated cortactin phosphorylation regulates actin localization and injurious blebbing in acinar cellsVijay P Singh
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and the Miles and Shirley Fiterman Center for Digestive Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:2339-47. 2008..We observed that suprastimulation results in a rapid activation of Src and relocalization of the actin-binding protein cortactin from the apical to the basolateral domain at the necks of ..
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of HPK1 by activated Src promotes ischemic brain injury in rat hippocampal CA1 regionTing Li
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Brain Disease Bioinformation, Xuzhou Medical College, 84 West Huaihai Road, Xuzhou, Jiangsu 221002, China
FEBS Lett 582:1894-900. 2008..Immunoprecipitation and immunoblot results showed that PP2 and MK801 significantly decreased the activation of Src, HPK1, MLK3, JNK3 and c-Jun, respectively, during ischemia/reperfusion...
- The transactivated epidermal growth factor receptor recruits Pyk2 to regulate Src kinase activityDag Schauwienold
Abteilung Klinische Pharmakologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, 44780 Bochum, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:27748-56. 2008..epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor ligands and activation of the nonreceptor tyrosine kinases Pyk2 and Src contributed to the thrombin-induced ERK1/2 phosphorylation...
- Neuroprotection of GluR5-containing kainate receptor activation against ischemic brain injury through decreasing tyrosine phosphorylation of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors mediated by Src kinaseJie Xu
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Brain Disease Bio information, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou 221002, China
J Biol Chem 283:29355-66. 2008..propanoic acid (ATPA), a selective GluR5 agonist, could suppress Src tyrosine phosphorylation and interactions among N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor subunit 2A (NR2A), ..
- Synergistic activation of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase and NAD(P)H oxidase by Src kinase elevates superoxide in type 2 diabetic, Zucker fa/fa, rat liverRakhee S Gupte
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 47:219-28. 2009..Inhibition of PI3 kinase and Src kinases decreased (p < 0...
- Redox-sensitive Akt and Src regulate coronary collateral growth in metabolic syndromeRyan Reed
Department of Biochemistry, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 296:H1811-21. 2009..Here, we determined whether the activation of Src, a possible upstream regulator, was altered in JCR rats and whether redox-dependent Src and Akt activation were ..
- SRC family kinase activity is up-regulated in hormone-refractory prostate cancerOleg Tatarov
Division of Cancer Sciences and Molecular Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Clin Cancer Res 15:3540-9. 2009Although Src family kinase (SFK) inhibitors are now in clinical trials for the treatment of androgen-independent prostate cancer (AIPC), there are no studies relating SFK activation to patient survival...
- FGF-1-induced reactions for biogenesis of apoE-HDL are mediated by src in rat astrocytesTomo Nishida
Biochemistry, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kawasumi 1, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
J Biochem 146:881-6. 2009..FGF-1-induced phosphorylation of Src, and phosphorylation of MEK, ERK and Ark was inhibited by Src inhibitors in rat astrocytes...
- Elevated Src kinase activity attenuates Tamoxifen response in vitro and is associated with poor prognosis clinicallyLiam Morgan
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Immunology, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Cancer Biol Ther 8:1550-8. 2009Activated Src kinase may contribute to the progression and spread of breast cancers and recent in vitro evidence suggests a role for Src in acquired endocrine resistance...
- The regulatory domain of protein kinase C delta positively regulates insulin receptor signalingAvraham I Jacob
Mina and Everard Goodman Faculty of Life Sciences, Gonda Diagnostic Center, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel
J Mol Endocrinol 44:155-69. 2010..Basal binding of Src to PKCdelta was higher in both PKCdelta/alpha- and PKCalpha/delta-expressing cells compared to control...
- Transduced PDZ1 domain of PSD-95 decreases Src phosphorylation and increases nNOS (Ser847) phosphorylation contributing to neuroprotection after cerebral ischemiaWei Wei Wang
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, Jiangsu, China
Brain Res 1328:162-70. 2010..We recently reported that the triplicate complex NR2A-PSD-95-Src is a signaling module to facilitate NMDA receptor over-activation...
- Learning induces neurotrophin signaling at hippocampal synapsesLulu Y Chen
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:7030-5. 2010..in this regard than other stimulation patterns, preferentially engaged NMDA receptors that, in turn, activated Src kinases...
- Decay accelerating factor (CD55) protects neuronal cells from chemical hypoxia-induced injuryYing Wang
Department of Cellular Injury, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
J Neuroinflammation 7:24. 2010..The present study investigates the ability of DAF to protect primary cultured neuronal cells subjected to sodium cyanide (NaCN)-induced hypoxia from degeneration and apoptosis...
- PI/PLC FUNCTION IN PREGNANT RAT MYOMETRIUMMark Phillippe; Fiscal Year: 2002..s. ..
- PHOSPHORYLATION IN RENAL CELL INJURYGoutam Ghosh Choudhury; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will identify important signaling mechanisms involved in glomerular pathology and help to establish effective therapeutic modalities for treatment of proliferative forms of GN. ..
- Chemokines, nitric oxide, and myocardial depressionBysani Chandrasekar; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results from these studies will further our knowledge of chemokine biology and lead to new therapeutic strategies to prevent or treat myocardial dysfunction in ischemia-reperfusion injury. ..
- Thrombin-Stimulated Intrauterine Signaling PathwayMark Phillippe; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies are anticipated to significantly improve our understanding of the mechanisms underlying preterm labor in the presence of intrauterine infection. ..