Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Socs1
Description: suppressor of cytokine signaling 1
Alias: Cish1, Socs-1, suppressor of cytokine signaling 1, cytokine inducible SH2-containing protein 1
- Leptin resistance of adipocytes in obesity: role of suppressors of cytokine signalingZ Wang
Gifford Laboratories, Touchstone Center for Diabetes Research, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 277:20-6. 2000....
- Evidence for translational repression of the SOCS-1 major open reading frame by an upstream open reading frameG Schluter
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Gottingen, Heinrich Düker Weg 12, Gottingen, 37073, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 268:255-61. 2000....
- MiR-19a targets suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 to modulate the progression of neuropathic painConghui Wang
Department of Anesthesiology, The First Hospital of Xiangyang City Xiangyang 441000, Hubei Province, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:10901-7. 2015..We aimed to investigate whether miR-19a is associated with neuropathic pain and elucidate the underlying regulatory mechanism...
- Transcellular delivery of vesicular SOCS proteins from macrophages to epithelial cells blunts inflammatory signalingEmilie Bourdonnay
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan Medical School and Department of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
J Exp Med 212:729-42. 2015..Here we report that alveolar macrophages can secrete SOCS1 and -3 in exosomes and microparticles, respectively, for uptake by alveolar epithelial cells and subsequent ..
- Suppression of microRNA-155 attenuates neuropathic pain by regulating SOCS1 signalling pathwayYi Tan
Department of Anesthesiology, Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, 87 Xiangya Road, Changsha, 410008, Hunan, People s Republic of China
Neurochem Res 40:550-60. 2015..that miR-155 directly bound with the 3'-untranslated region of the suppressor of cytokine signalling 1 (SOCS1)...
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (SOCS1) mitigates anterior uveitis and confers protection against ocular HSV-1 infectionCheng Rong Yu
Molecular Immunology Section, Laboratory of Immunology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Room 10N109A, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD, 20892 1857, USA
Inflammation 38:555-65. 2015..Suppressors of cytokine signaling (SOCS) regulate intensity/duration of inflammatory responses. We have used SOCS1-deficient mice and retina-specific SOCS1 transgenic rats to investigate roles of SOCS1 in ocular herpes simplex ..
- Elevated suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 (SOCS-1): a mechanism for dysregulated osteoclastogenesis in HIV transgenic ratsMark K Lafferty
Division of Basic Science and Vaccine Research, Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, 21201, USA Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, 21201, USA
Pathog Dis 71:81-9. 2014..Understanding the molecular mechanisms of HIV-associated BMD changes has the potential to detect and treat bone metabolism disturbances early and improve the quality of life in patients. ..
- Effects of ischemic preconditioning on myocardium Caspase-3, SOCS-1, SOCS-3, TNF-α and IL-6 mRNA expression levels in myocardium IR ratsJiangwei Ma
Department of Cardiology, Nanjing Drum Tower Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, 210008, China
Mol Biol Rep 40:5741-8. 2013..01) compared to IR model group. We conclude that IP is effective in the therapy of heart disease. These findings may have implications for the clinical development of preconditioning-based therapies for ischemic heart disease...
- Interferon-γ biphasically regulates angiotensinogen expression via a JAK-STAT pathway and suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (SOCS1) in renal proximal tubular cellsRyousuke Satou
Department of Physiology and Hypertension and Renal Center of Excellence, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112 2699, USA
FASEB J 26:1821-30. 2012..RPTCs were incubated with or without IFN-γ up to 48 h. AGT expression, STAT1 and STAT3 activities, and SOCS1 expression were evaluated...
- Inhibition of microRNA let-7i depresses maturation and functional state of dendritic cells in response to lipopolysaccharide stimulation via targeting suppressor of cytokine signaling 1Maomao Zhang
Key Laboratories of Education Ministry for Myocardial Ischemia Mechanism and Treatment, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province 150081, China
J Immunol 187:1674-83. 2011..Furthermore, Tregs with upregulated IL-10 underscored the tolerogenic effect of CD86(-) DCs. Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (SOCS1), a crucial mediator of DC maturation, was confirmed as a let-7i target gene by luciferase ..
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 inhibits apoptosis of islet grafts through caspase 3 and apoptosis-inducing factor pathways in ratsG J Suo
Department of Surgery, Shanghai East Hospital, Tongji University, PR China
Transplant Proc 42:2658-61. 2010..Recently, we observed that overexpression of suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (SOCS1) in islet grafts achieved an antiapoptotic effect, prolonging graft survival in a rat ..
- Regulation of cytokine-driven functional differentiation of CD8 T cells by suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 controls autoimmunity and preserves their proliferative capacity toward foreign antigensSheela Ramanathan
Immunology Division, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Canada
J Immunol 185:357-66. 2010..In this study, we examined whether CD8 T cells that accumulate in suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (SOCS1)-deficient mice because of increased IL-15 signaling in vivo would respond to an autoantigen ..
- JANEX-1, a JAK3 inhibitor, protects pancreatic islets from cytokine toxicity through downregulation of NF-kappaB activation and the JAK/STAT pathwayNa Lv
Department of Biochemistry, Medical School and Diabetes Research Center, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, Jeonbuk 561 756, Republic of Korea
Exp Cell Res 315:2064-71. 2009....
- Overexpression of suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 in islet grafts results in anti-apoptotic effects and prolongs graft survivalJie Qin
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, 130 Dong an Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Life Sci 84:810-6. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate whether overexpression of suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (SOCS1) in islet grafts could achieve an anti-apoptotic effect and prolong graft survival.
- Increased expression of suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 (SOCS-1): A mechanism for dysregulated T helper-1 responses in HIV-1 diseaseAnjana Yadav
Institute of Human Virology of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Virology 385:126-33. 2009..These results suggest a link between high levels of SOCS-1, defects in innate immunity and adaptive Th1 responses that may be reflected in the loss of Th1 immune competence observed with AIDS patients...
- HIV-protease inhibitors induce expression of suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 in insulin-sensitive tissues and promote insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes mellitusMichael J Carper
Washington University School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Lipid Research, Southwest Tower, Room 846A, Campus Box 8127, 660 South Euclid Drive, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 294:E558-67. 2008..Our findings therefore indicate that induction of the SOCS-1 signaling cascade by PIs could be an important contributing factor in the development of metabolic dysregulation associated with long-term exposures to HIV-PIs...
- Sequence analysis of the conserved protamine gene cluster shows that it contains a fourth expressed geneG Schluter
Institut für Humangenetik der Universität, Gottingen, Germany
Mol Reprod Dev 43:1-6. 1996..5 kb. Finally, we demonstrate a high density of Alu elements, both full and fragmented copies, in the human PGC and discuss their localization with respect to evolutionary and functional aspects...
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (SOCS-1) and SOCS-3 cause insulin resistance through inhibition of tyrosine phosphorylation of insulin receptor substrate proteins by discrete mechanismsKohjiro Ueki
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, and Departmentof Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:5434-46. 2004..These data indicate that SOCS-1 and SOCS-3 act as negative regulators in insulin signaling and serve as one of the missing links between insulin resistance and cytokine signaling...
- SHP-2 regulates SOCS-1-mediated Janus kinase-2 ubiquitination/degradation downstream of the prolactin receptorSamir Ali
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Molecular Oncology Group, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:52021-31. 2003..Together our results provide a novel function for SHP-2 as a positive regulator of cytokine receptor signaling by regulating ubiquitination/degradation pathways...
- 15d-PGJ2 and rosiglitazone suppress Janus kinase-STAT inflammatory signaling through induction of suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (SOCS1) and SOCS3 in gliaEun Jung Park
Department of Pharmacology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea 442 721
J Biol Chem 278:14747-52. 2003..Our data suggest that 15d-PGJ(2) and rosiglitazone suppress the initiation of JAK-STAT inflammatory signaling independently of PPAR-gamma, thus attenuating brain inflammation...
- Activation of signal transducer and activator transcription 3 and expression of suppressor of cytokine signal 1 during liver regeneration in ratsShigeru Sakuda
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, 565 0871, Osaka, Japan
J Hepatol 36:378-84. 2002..The aims of this study were to identify STAT3-activated cells and to clarify the expression of suppressor of cytokine signal (SOCS), a negative feedback molecule of STAT3, after PH...
- Suppressors of cytokine signaling-1 and -6 associate with and inhibit the insulin receptor. A potential mechanism for cytokine-mediated insulin resistanceR A Mooney
Department of Pathology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 276:25889-93. 2001..These results suggest that SOCS proteins may be inhibitors of IR signaling and could mediate cytokine-induced insulin resistance and contribute to the pathogenesis of type II diabetes...
- Effects of SOCS 1/3 gene silencing on the expression of C/EBPα and PPARγ during differentiation and maturation of rat preadipocytesRui dan Zheng
Department of Pediatrics, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Pediatr Res 73:263-7. 2013..Subjects with insulin resistance are often obese and have increased expressions of SOCS-1 and SOCS-3. We speculated that SOCS-1 and SOCS-3 may be involved in abnormal deposition of adipose tissues during insulin resistance...
- SOCS1 gene transfer accelerates the transition to heart failure through the inhibition of the gp130/JAK/STAT pathwayAntonio Cittadini
Department of Clinical Medicine and Cardiovascular and Immunological Sciences, University Federico II, Via Sergio Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Cardiovasc Res 96:381-90. 2012..To this aim, we investigated the effects of SOCS1 overexpression obtained by in vivo adeno-associated gene transfer using an aortopulmonary cross-clamping technique ..
- Functional cross-modulation between SOCS proteins can stimulate cytokine signalingJulie Piessevaux
Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Department of Medical Protein Research, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Ghent University, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Biol Chem 281:32953-66. 2006..Our findings point to a unique regulatory role for SOCS2, SOCS6, and SOCS7 within the SOCS family and provide an explanation for the unexpected phenotypes observed in SOCS2 and SOCS6 transgenic mice...
- Differential expression of suppressors of cytokine signalling genes in response to nutrition and growth hormone in the septic ratT S Johnson
Division of Clinical Sciences, Sheffield University, Northern General Hospital NHS Trust, Herries Road, Sheffield S5 7AU, UK
J Endocrinol 169:409-15. 2001..Here, we have investigated the impact of nutrition and GH treatment on GH receptor, SOCS1, SOCS-2, SOCS-3 and cytokine-inducible SH2-containing protein (CIS) hepatic mRNA expression in a rat model of ..
- Signaling through the JAK/STAT pathway, recent advances and future challengesT Kisseleva
Department of Microbiology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Gene 285:1-24. 2002..Similarly, the solution of the crystal structure of two STATs has and will continue to facilitate our understanding of how STATs function. This review will highlight these exciting developments in JAK/STAT signaling...
- Sepsis-induced muscle growth hormone resistance occurs independently of STAT5 phosphorylationLy Q Hong-Brown
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 285:E63-72. 2003..In conclusion, sepsis produces GH resistance in both muscle and liver, with the locus of this impairment in muscle differing from that in liver and being independent of a defect in STAT5 phosphorylation...
- Suppressor of cytokine signalling gene expression is elevated in breast carcinomaM Raccurt
CNRS UMR 5123, Bât Raphaël Dubois, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 43 Blvd 11 Novembre 1918, F69622 Villeurbanne cedex, France
Br J Cancer 89:524-32. 2003....
- The influence of down-regulation of suppressor of cellular signaling proteins by RNAi on glucose transport of intrauterine growth retardation ratsLihong Liao
Department of Pediatrics, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Pediatr Res 69:497-503. 2011..Down-regulation of SOCS-1 and SOCS-3 ameliorates the capacity of glucose transport and provides a potential gene therapy approach to managing metabolic syndrome...
- Suppressors of cytokine signaling abrogate diabetic nephropathyGuadalupe Ortiz-Muñoz
Renal and Vascular Research Laboratory, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Autonoma University, Madrid, Spain
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:763-72. 2010..In a rat model, inducing diabetes resulted in JAK/STAT activation and increased expression of SOCS1 and SOCS3...
- [Polymorphism and structural analysis of suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 of rat]Jia Xu
Department of General Internal Medicine, First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou 510080, Guangdong, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 22:259-62. 2010..To identify the suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 (SOCS-1) of rat from the amplified gene with the help of bioinformatics to predict the deduced protein's structure and function in order to lay the foundation for further theoretical study...
- Methylation of apoptosis related genes in the pathogenesis and prognosis of prostate cancerMakoto Suzuki
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas TX, USA
Cancer Lett 242:222-30. 2006..were Reprimo, 54%; TMS1, 47%; DcR1, 45%; RRAD, 37%; DcR2, 37%; CRBP1, 34%; HPP1, 32%; RIZ1, 31%; DRM/Gremlin, 21%; SOCS1, 20%; DR4, 5%; DR5, 1%...
- Central role of suppressors of cytokine signaling proteins in hepatic steatosis, insulin resistance, and the metabolic syndrome in the mouseKohjiro Ueki
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:10422-7. 2004..Thus, SOCS proteins play an important role in pathogenesis of the metabolic syndrome by concordantly modulating insulin signaling and cytokine signaling...
- Differential hypermethylation of SOCS genes in ovarian and breast carcinomasKate D Sutherland
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research and Bone Marrow Research Laboratories, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, VIC 3050, Australia
Oncogene 23:7726-33. 2004..We have investigated whether silencing or inactivation of SOCS genes occurs in ovarian and breast carcinomas. The SOCS1 and SOCS2 CpG islands were found to be hypermethylated in 23 and 14% of primary ovarian cancers, respectively, ..
- [Expression of suppressor of cytokine signaling in retina of experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis]Hong Wang
Beijing Tongren Eye Center, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 44:876-82. 2008..To investigate the expression and significance of suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS) mRNA and protein in retina of rats with experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis (EAU)...
- Prognostic relevance of methylation markers in patients with non-muscle invasive bladder carcinomaMartin G Friedrich
Department of Urology, University of Southern California, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9176, USA
Eur J Cancer 41:2769-78. 2005..We identified one gene (TIMP-3) where methylation was associated with a more favourable outcome. Our data strongly support the usefulness of gene methylation as a prognostic marker in patients with non-muscle invasive bladder cancer...
- Donor bone-marrow suppressor of cytokine signaling-1-silenced dendritic cells prolong rat intestinal allograft survivalC Zhu
Department of General Surgery, Changzhou No 2 People s Hospital, Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Changzhou, Jiangsu, China
Transplant Proc 40:3707-10. 2008..The difference between untreated DCs group and the control group was not significant. In summary, SOCS-1 silenced DCs induced allogeneic T-cell hyporesponsiveness in vitro, promoting allograft survival in rat intestinal transplantation...
- [The study on the role of SOCS1 and SOCS3 in the livers of endotoxin tolerance rats]Ming Qin Lu
Department of Infection Disease, First Affiliated Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325000, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:2652-7. 2008To explore the mechanism of endotoxin tolerance(ETT) through observing the gene expression of SOCS1 and SOCS3 in the livers of ETT rats.
- Epigenetic downregulation of the suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (Socs1) gene is associated with the STAT3 activation and development of hepatocellular carcinoma induced by methyl-deficiency in ratsTetyana V Bagnyukova
Division of Biochemical Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
Cell Cycle 7:3202-10. 2008..activation of the STAT3 occurred only in fully developed HCC and was associated with downregulation of the Socs1 gene...
- Unique expression of suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 is essential for classical macrophage activation in rodents in vitro and in vivoYu Liu
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
J Immunol 180:6270-8. 2008..detectable SOCS proteins but those infiltrating inflamed glomeruli were rapidly polarized to express either SOCS1 (27 +/- 6%) or SOCS3 (54 +/- 12%) but rarely both (10 +/- 3%)...
- Signatures associated with rejection or recurrence in HER-2/neu-positive mammary tumorsAndrea Worschech
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Massey Cancer Center, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Cancer Res 68:2436-46. 2008..These data provide a road map for the identification of novel biomarkers of immune responsiveness in clinical trials...
- Hormonal regulation of suppressors of cytokine signaling (SOCS) messenger ribonucleic acid in the arcuate nucleus during late pregnancyFrederik J Steyn
Centre for Neuroendocrinology and Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, University of Otago School of Medical Sciences, PO Box 913, Dunedin 9054, New Zealand
Endocrinology 149:3206-14. 2008....
- Alteration in erythropoietin-induced cardioprotective signaling by postinfarct ventricular remodelingTakayuki Miki
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Chuo Ku, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 317:68-75. 2006..However, in the remodeled myocardium, lack of PI3K/Akt activation by the EPO receptor seems to be compensated by a mechanism upstream of the guanylyl cyclase-mitoK(ATP) channel pathway to achieve EPO-induced protection...
- [DNA methylation on urinalysis and as a prognostic marker in urothelial cancer of the bladder]M G Friedrich
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Urologie, Universitat Hamburg, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg
Urologe A 46:761-8. 2007..We studied the versatility of DNA methylation for noninvasive diagnosis and as a prognostic marker for non-muscle-invasive bladder carcinoma...
- Attenuation of leptin and insulin signaling by SOCS proteinsJane K Howard
Endocrine Unit, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 ONN, UK
Trends Endocrinol Metab 17:365-71. 2006..evidence suggests that SOCS3 appears to be of particular importance in the development of leptin resistance, whereas the ability to diminish insulin action has been described for several SOCS proteins (SOCS1, SOCS3, SOCS6 and SOCS7).
- In situ detection of SOCS and cytokine expression in the uterine cervix from HIV/HPV coinfected womenA F Nicol
Immunology Service of Evandro Chagas Clinical Research Institute, IPEC, FIOCRUZ, Avenue Brazil 4365 Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro, CEP 21045 900, Brazil
Exp Mol Pathol 81:42-7. 2006....