Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc9a3
Description: solute carrier family 9, subfamily A (NHE3, cation proton antiporter 3), member 3
Alias: Nhe3, NHE-3, Na(+)/H(+) exchanger 3, Solute carrier family 9 (sodium/hydrogen exchanger 3), antiporter 3, Na+/H+ (amiloride insensitive), plasma membrane ion transport protein, sodium/hydrogen exchanger 3, solute carrier family 9 (sodium/hydrogen exchanger), member 3, solute carrier family 9 member 3, solute carrier family 9, member 3
- Acute inhibition of Na/H exchanger NHE-3 by cAMP. Role of protein kinase a and NHE-3 phosphoserines 552 and 605H Zhao
The Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
J Biol Chem 274:3978-87. 1999..We conclude that regulation of NHE-3 by PKA in vivo involves complex mechanisms, which include phosphorylation of Ser-552 and Ser-605...
- Angiotensin II clamp prevents the second step in renal apical NHE3 internalization during acute hypertensionPatrick K K Leong
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90089 9142, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 283:F1142-50. 2002..Acute hypertension provoked a rapid redistribution of Na(+)/H(+) exchanger isoform 3 (NHE3) out of apical brush-border membranes (21 +/- 4% decrease of total NHE3 abundance) to endosomal/lysosomal membranes ..
- Circadian clock genes directly regulate expression of the Na(+)/H(+) exchanger NHE3 in the kidneyMohammad Saifur Rohman
Division of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School, Kobe, Japan
Kidney Int 67:1410-9. 2005..However, little is known about the molecular cascade from the clock gene oscillators to cellular function...
- Acute and chronic regulation of the renal Na/H+ exchanger NHE3 in rats with STZ-induced diabetes mellitusJelena Klisic
Department of Physiology, University of Zurich Irchel, Zurich, Switzerland
Nephron Physiol 102:p27-35. 2006..As a significant fraction of renal salt and water transport is mediated by the proximal tubular Na+/H+ exchanger NHE3, we investigated its regulation in rats with STZ-induced diabetes mellitus.
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma agonists induce neuroprotection following transient focal ischemia in normotensive, normoglycemic as well as hypertensive and type-2 diabetic rodentsKudret Tureyen
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Neurochem 101:41-56. 2007..Thus, PPARgamma activation with TZDs might be a potent therapeutic option for preventing inflammation and neuronal damage after stroke with promise in diabetic and hypertensive subjects...
- Effects of volume depletion and NaHCO3 loading on the expression of Na+/H+ exchanger isoform 3, Na+: HCO3- cotransporter type 1 and nitric oxide synthase in rat kidneySeong Kwon Ma
Chonnam National University Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Gwangju, Korea
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 35:262-7. 20081. The effects of volume depletion and NaHCO(3) loading on the expression of Na(+)/H(+) exchanger isoform 3 (NHE3), Na(+) : HCO(3)(-) cotransporter type 1 (NBC1) and neuronal (n) and inducible (i) isoforms of nitric oxide synthase (NOS) ..
- Molecular cloning of putative members of the Na/H exchanger gene family. cDNA cloning, deduced amino acid sequence, and mRNA tissue expression of the rat Na/H exchanger NHE-1 and two structurally related proteinsJ Orlowski
Department of Physiology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 267:9331-9. 1992..These data suggest that the molecular basis for the functional diversity of the Na/H exchanger in mammals is based, at least in part, on expression of multiple members of a gene family...
- Intracellular ANG II directly induces in vitro transcription of TGF-beta1, MCP-1, and NHE-3 mRNAs in isolated rat renal cortical nuclei via activation of nuclear AT1a receptorsXiao C Li
Division of Hypertension and Vascular Research, Department of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C1034-45. 2008....
- Altered expression of Na(+)/H(+) exchanger isoforms 1 and 3 in clipped and unclipped kidneys of a 2-kidney-1-clip Goldblatt model of hypertensionIslam Khan
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Science, Kuwait University, PO Box 24923, Kuwait
Nephron 92:346-55. 2002..Functional differences between the clipped and unclipped kidneys in a 2-kidney-1-clip (2K-1C) hypertension model have been reported. However, the molecular basis of these changes is poorly understood...
- Rat proximal NHE3 adapts to chronic acid-base disorders but not to chronic changes in dietary NaCl intakeDominique Eladari
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 356, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 58, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 282:F835-43. 2002In the proximal tubule, the apical Na(+)/H(+) exchanger identified as NHE3 mediates most NaCl and NaHCO(3) absorption...
- The reduction of Na/H exchanger-3 protein and transcript expression in acute ischemia-reperfusion injury is mediated by extractable tissue factor(s)Francesca Di Sole
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8885, USA
Kidney Int 80:822-31. 2011..As the Na/H exchanger-3 (NHE3) mediates the bulk of apical sodium transport and a significant fraction of oxygen consumption in the proximal ..
- NHERF2 protein mobility rate is determined by a unique C-terminal domain that is also necessary for its regulation of NHE3 protein in OK cellsJianbo Yang
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 288:16960-74. 2013..In addition, this NHERF2 domain was functionally significant in NHE3 regulation, being necessary for stimulation by lysophosphatidic acid of activity and increased mobility of NHE3, as ..
- Cell confluency-induced Stat3 activation regulates NHE3 expression by recruiting Sp1 and Sp3 to the proximal NHE3 promoter region during epithelial dome formationHsiao Wen Su
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, 1 Univ Road, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 296:C13-24. 2009..signaling event triggers epithelial dome formation by transcriptional augmentation of sodium hydrogen exchanger-3 (NHE3) expression. However, the detailed molecular mechanism remained unclear...
- CFTR inhibition augments NHE3 activity during luminal high CO2 exposure in rat duodenal mucosaMisa Mizumori
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G1318-27. 2008..We thus examined the effect of inhibition of Na(+)/H(+) exchanger-3 (NHE3), cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator (CFTR), or apical anion exchangers on transmucosal CO(2) diffusion and ..
- Effect of renal lipid accumulation on proximal tubule Na+/H+ exchange and ammonium secretionI Alexandru Bobulescu
Dept of Internal Medicine, Univ of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 8856, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 294:F1315-22. 2008..content, decreased urinary ammonium and pH, and lower levels of brush border membrane Na(+)/H(+) exchanger-3 (NHE3), a major mediator of ammonium excretion...
- Ureter obstruction alters expression of renal acid-base transport proteins in rat kidneyGuixian Wang
The Water and Salt Research Center, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F497-506. 2008..immunoblotting revealed that BUO caused a significant reduction in the expression of the type 3 Na+/H+ exchanger (NHE3) in the cortex (21 +/- 4%), electrogenic Na+/HCO3- cotransporter (NBC1; 71 +/- 5%), type 1 bumetanide-sensitive Na+-..
- Constitutive nitric oxide differentially regulates Na-H and Na-glucose cotransport in intestinal epithelial cellsSteven Coon
Section of Digestive Diseases, West Virginia Univ School of Medicine, One Medical Center Dr, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G1369-75. 2008..suggest that constitutive nitric oxide (cNO) can regulate Na- glucose cotransport (SGLT1) and Na-H exchange (NHE3) in rabbit intestinal villus cells...
- Chronic noradrenaline increases renal expression of NHE-3, NBC-1, BSC-1 and aquaporin-2Prajakta A Sonalker
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 3130, USA
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 35:594-600. 2008....
- Effect of thyroid hormone on the postnatal renal expression of NHE8Jyothsna Gattineni
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75235 9063, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 294:F198-204. 2008..There is a maturational increase in postnatal brush-border membrane (BBM) vesicle NHE3 protein abundance and decrease in NHE8 protein abundance...
- Molecular mechanism of rat NHE3 gene promoter regulation by sodium butyratePawel R Kiela
Dept of Pediatrics, Steele Children s Research Center, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, 1501 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C64-74. 2007..induction is Ser/Thr kinase dependent and that NaB-responsive elements were localized within -320/-34 bp of the rat NHE3 promoter. Here we further delineate the mechanism of NaB-mediated NHE3 gene transcription...
- Different ionic conditions prompt NHE2 and NHE3 translocation to the plasma membraneJ Scott Gens
Biocomplexity Institute, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1768:1023-35. 2007We tested whether NHE3 and NHE2 Na(+)/H(+) exchanger isoforms were recruited to the plasma membrane (PM) in response to changes in ion homeostasis...
- Effects of thiazide on the expression of TRPV5, calbindin-D28K, and sodium transporters in hypercalciuric ratsHye Ryoun Jang
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 24:S161-9. 2009..Protein abundance of NHE3 and NKCC2 decreased in all hypercalciuric rats, and were restored by HCTZ in only high Ca-induced hypercalciuric ..
- Altered renal expression of Na(+) transporters and ROMK in protein-deprived ratsMaría Celeste Ruete
IMBECU CONICET Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Tecnológicas, Mendoza, Argentina
Nephron Physiol 111:p17-29. 2009..A role of aldosterone may be suggested...
- Renal NHE3 and NaPi2 partition into distinct membrane domainsAnne D M Riquier
Dept of Cell, Univ of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, 1333 San Pablo St, BMT 403, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 296:C900-10. 2009Hypertension provokes differential trafficking of the renal proximal tubule Na(+)/H(+) exchanger 3 (NHE3) to the base of the apical microvilli and Na(+)-P(i) cotransporter 2 (NaPi2) to endosomes...
- Regulation of aquaporins and sodium transporter proteins in the solitary kidney in response to partial ureteral obstruction in neonatal ratsSukru Oguzkan Topcu
The Water and Salt Research Center, Aarhus, Denmark
Urol Int 87:94-104. 2011..of aquaporin 1 (AQP1), AQP2 and AQP3 as well as Na,K-ATPase, NaPi-2 (type 2 sodium-phosphate cotransporter) and NHE3 (type 3 sodium-proton exchanger) were examined by immunoblotting and immunocytochemistry...
- High sodium intake increases HCO(3)- absorption in medullary thick ascending limb through adaptations in basolateral and apical Na+/H+ exchangersDavid W Good
Departments of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0562, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 301:F334-43. 2011..Here, we examined the role of the apical NHE3 and basolateral NHE1 Na(+)/H(+) exchangers in this adaptation. MTALs from rats drinking H(2)O or 0...
- Angiotensin II-mediated biphasic regulation of proximal tubular Na+/H+ exchanger 3 is impaired during oxidative stressAnees Ahmad Banday
Heart and Kidney Institute, College of Pharmacy, University of Houston, Texas 77204, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 301:F364-70. 2011..AT1Rs) maintains sodium homeostasis by regulating renal sodium transporters including Na(+)/H(+) exchanger 3 (NHE3) in a biphasic manner. Low-ANG II concentration stimulates whereas high concentrations inhibit NHE3 activity...
- Reciprocal regulation of the primary sodium absorptive pathways in rat intestinal epithelial cellsSteven Coon
West Virginia Univ School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 300:C496-505. 2011..in the mammalian small intestine occurs predominantly by two primary pathways that include Na/H exchange (NHE3) and Na-glucose cotransport (SGLT1) on the brush border membrane (BBM) of villus cells...
- Expression and role of serum and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 2 in the regulation of Na+/H+ exchanger 3 in the mammalian kidneyAlan C Pao
Div of Nephrology, Dept of Medicine, Stanford Univ, 780 Welch Rd, Suite 106, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F1496-506. 2010..tubule cells with aquaporin-2 immunostaining but significant in proximal tubule cells with Na(+)/H(+) exchanger 3 (NHE3) immunostaining...
- Activation of Na+/H+ exchanger NHE3 by angiotensin II is mediated by inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate (IP3) receptor-binding protein released with IP3 (IRBIT) and Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IIPeijian He
Division of Digestive Diseases, Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30324, USA
J Biol Chem 285:27869-78. 2010Angiotensin II (ANG II) stimulates renal tubular reabsorption of NaCl by targeting Na(+)/H(+) exchanger NHE3. We have shown previously that inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate receptor-binding protein released with inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate (..
- NHE3 function and phosphorylation are regulated by a calyculin A-sensitive phosphataseDiane W Dynia
Department of Pediatrics, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F745-53. 2010Na+/H+ exchanger 3 (NHE3) is phosphorylated and regulated by multiple kinases, including PKA, SGK1, and CK2; however, the role of phosphatases in the dephosphorylation and regulation of NHE3 remains unknown...
- Angiotensin II stimulates trafficking of NHE3, NaPi2, and associated proteins into the proximal tubule microvilliAnne D M Riquier-Brison
Department of Cell and Neurobiology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F177-86. 2010..decreases PT salt and water reabsorption and provokes rapid redistribution of the Na(+)/H(+) exchanger isoform 3 (NHE3), Na(+)/Pi cotransporter 2 (NaPi2), and associated proteins out of the microvilli...
- Renal proximal tubular reabsorption is reduced in adult spontaneously hypertensive rats: roles of superoxide and Na+/H+ exchanger 3Carolina Panico
Department of Medicine, Georgetown University, 4000 Reservoir Rd, Building D 395, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Hypertension 54:1291-7. 2009..This finding implies that proximal tubule fluid reabsorption is regulated by redox balance, which may have profound effects on ion and fluid homeostasis in the hypertensive kidney...
- Changes of renal AQP2, ENaC, and NHE3 in experimentally induced heart failure: response to angiotensin II AT1 receptor blockadeSophie C Lütken
Water and Salt Research Center, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Univ of Aarhus, DK 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F1678-88. 2009..Semiquantitative immunoblots revealed increased expression of type 3 Na(+)/H(+) exchanger (NHE3) and Na(+)-K(+)-2Cl(-) cotransporter (NKCC2) in kidneys from HF compared with Sham rats: both effects were reversed ..
- pH regulating transporters in neurons from various chemosensitive brainstem regions in neonatal ratsAnna E Kersh
Department of Neuroscience, Cell Biology and Physiology, Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, Dayton, Ohio 45435, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 297:R1409-20. 2009..Thus, pH(i) recovery is mediated by different pH-regulating transporters in neurons from different chemosensitive regions, but recovery is suppressed by hypercapnia in all of the neurons...
- Angiotensin II directly regulates intestinal epithelial NHE3 in Caco2BBE cellsMark W Musch
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
BMC Physiol 9:5. 2009..To determine if AII might have a direct effect on intestinal epithelial Na+ transport, we investigated its actions on Na+ transport in human intestinal epithelial Caco2BBE cells...
- Prenatal programming of rat proximal tubule Na+/H+ exchanger by dexamethasoneAmit Dagan
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9063, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R1230-5. 2007..Although there was no change in abundance of NHE3 mRNA, the predominant luminal proximal tubule Na(+)/H(+) exchanger, there was an increase in NHE3 protein abundance ..
- Rosiglitazone regulates ENaC and Na-K-2Cl cotransporter (NKCC2) abundance in the obese Zucker ratShahla Riazi
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057 1412, USA
Am J Nephrol 26:245-57. 2006..Here we test whether rosiglitazone (RGZ), a peroxisome proliferator-activated subtype gamma receptor agonist, would be protective and attenuate these changes...
- Aldosterone inhibits apical NHE3 and HCO3- absorption via a nongenomic ERK-dependent pathway in medullary thick ascending limbBruns A Watts
4 200 John Sealy Annex, Univ of Texas Medical Branch, 301 Univ Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 0562, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 291:F1005-13. 2006..This inhibition is mediated through a direct cellular action of aldosterone to inhibit the apical membrane NHE3 Na(+)/H(+) exchanger...
- Regulation of Na+/H+ exchanger by urogastrone, a potent activator of cell proliferationK Barisic
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Hematology, Zagreb, Croatia
Physiol Res 51:483-91. 2002..The absence of Ca2+ ions produced a 60 % decrease of NHE activity. The chemical modification of histidine residues with diethyl pyrocarbonate or SH groups with N-ethylmaleimide inhibited NHE activity...
- Transcriptional regulation of the rat NHE3 gene. Functional interactions between GATA-5 and Sp family transcription factorsPawel R Kiela
Departmentf Pediatrics and Physiology, Steele Memorial Children s Research Center, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
J Biol Chem 278:5659-68. 2003Expression of sodium-hydrogen exchanger isoform 3 (NHE3) in the intestinal and renal epithelium plays a critical role in sodium absorption and acid/base homeostasis...
- Bicarbonate reabsorption and NHE-3 expression: abundance and activity are increased in Henle's loop of remnant ratsGiovambattista Capasso
Nephrology and Research Centre for Cardiovascular Diseases, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Kidney Int 62:2126-35. 2002..We investigated whether the reduction of renal mass is associated with alterations in LOH bicarbonate transport coupled to changes in NHE-3 gene expression and in vivo activity...
- Upregulation of NHE3 is associated with compensatory cell growth response in young uninephrectomized ratsAdriana C C Girardi
Departamento de Fisiologia e Biofisica, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, 05508 900 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 283:F1296-303. 2002..Several laboratories have reported that the activity of the apical membrane Na+ - H+ exchanger (NHE3) is increased after a reduction in renal mass...
- Region-specific adaptation of apical Na/H exchangers after extensive proximal small bowel resectionMark W Musch
The Martin Boyer Laboratories, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 283:G975-85. 2002..effects of 50% proximal MSBR on the function and expression of the apical membrane Na/H exchangers (NHEs) NHE2 and NHE3. Morphometric analysis confirmed adaptive changes consistent with villus hypertrophy, particularly distal to the ..
- Regulation of the proximal tubular sodium/proton exchanger NHE3 in rats with puromycin aminonucleoside (PAN)-induced nephrotic syndromeValérie Besse-Eschmann
Department of Anatomy, University of Zurich, Irchel, Switzerland
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:2199-206. 2002..The regulation of the cortical Na/H exchanger NHE3, the main pathway for Na reabsorption in the proximal tubule (PT), was investigated in rats with puromycin ..
- Role of c-SRC and ERK in acid-induced activation of NHE3Hirohiko Tsuganezawa
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9003, USA
Kidney Int 62:41-50. 2002In the renal proximal tubule, chronic acidosis causes increases in apical membrane NHE3 activity, which serve to increase transepithelial H+ secretion and return systemic pH to normal levels...
- Metabolic acidosis in rats increases intestinal NHE2 and NHE3 expression and functionAlvaro Lucioni
Martin Boyer Laboratories, Inflammatory Bowel Disease Research Center, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 283:G51-6. 2002..Whether this occurs through enhanced expression and/or function of the brush-border Na+/H+ exchangers (NHE)2 and NHE3 is unknown. Metabolic acidosis was induced in rats by feeding ammonium chloride through their drinking water...
- ER function in the adult male rat: short- and long-term effects of the antiestrogen ICI 182,780 on the testis and efferent ductules, without changes in testosteroneCleida A Oliveira
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61802, USA
Endocrinology 143:2399-409. 2002....
- Selective suppression of renal Na+/H+ exchanger isoform-3 by prolonged stimulation of rats with adrenocorticotropic hormoneI Khan
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University
Endocrine 16:189-94. 2001..These changes might impair renal tubular Na+ reabsorption and hence increase Na+ and water excretion in ACTH stimulation, thus acting as a counterbalance to normalize blood pressure in ACTH-stimulated animals...
- Acute hypertension provokes internalization of proximal tubule NHE3 without inhibition of transport activityLi Yang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90089 9142, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 282:F730-40. 2002..decreases proximal tubule (PT) Na(+) reabsorption, facilitated by a redistribution of PT Na(+)/H(+) exchangers (NHE3) out of the apical brush border, increasing NaCl at the macula densa, the signal for autoregulation of renal blood ..
- Role of NHE isoforms in mediating bicarbonate reabsorption along the nephronT Wang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Frankfurt am Main 65926, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 281:F1117-22. 2001This study assessed the functional role of Na(+)/H(+) exchanger (NHE) isoforms NHE3 and NHE2 in the proximal tubule, loop of Henle, and distal convoluted tubule of the rat kidney by comparing sensitivity of transport to inhibition by Hoe-..
- Regulation of sodium transporters in the thick ascending limb of rat kidney: response to angiotensin IITae Hwan Kwon
The Water and Salt Research Center, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 285:F152-65. 2003..Semiquantitative immunoblotting revealed that Na+/H+ exchanger 3 (NHE3) abundance in the inner stripe of the outer medulla (ISOM) of ANG II-treated rats was significantly increased: 179 +..
- Aldosterone stimulates surface expression of NHE3 in renal proximal brush bordersAlexander W Krug
Physiologisches Institut, University of Wurzburg, Röntgenring 9, 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
Pflugers Arch 446:492-6. 2003..hypothesis that the application of aldosterone results in greater activity of the apical Na(+)/H(+) exchanger-3 (NHE3), we investigated the effect of aldosterone on amiloride-sensitive, proximal tubular volume reabsorption and ..
- Regulation of NHE3, NKCC2, and NCC abundance in kidney during aldosterone escape phenomenon: role of NOSharon Turban
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 285:F843-51. 2003..demonstrated a paradoxical increase in the protein abundance of the apical Na/H exchanger of the proximal tubule (NHE3)...
- Bicarbonate secretion by rat bile duct brush cells indicated by immunohistochemical localization of CFTR, anion exchanger AE2, Na+/HCO3 -cotransporter, carbonic anhydrase II, Na+/H+ exchangers NHE1 and NHE3, H+/K+-ATPase, and Na+/K+-ATPaseTakuro Ogata
Department of Surgery and Physiology, Kochi Medical School, Kohasu, Nankoku, Japan
Med Mol Morphol 39:44-8. 2006..the extrusion of H(+), Na(+)/H(+) exchanger 1 (NHE1) was localized along the BLM whereas Na(+)/H(+) exchanger 3 (NHE3) was found on the MV and BLM...
- Shank2 associates with and regulates Na+/H+ exchanger 3Wonsun Han
Department of Pharmacology, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Institute of Gastroenterology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Biol Chem 281:1461-9. 2006Na+/H+ exchanger 3 (NHE3) plays a pivotal role in transepithelial Na+ and HCO3(-) absorption across a wide range of epithelia in the digestive and renal-genitourinary systems...
- Differential regulation of vacuolar H+ -ATPase and Na+/H+ exchanger 3 in rat cholangiocytes after bile duct ligationEleni Roussa
Department of Neuroanatomy, Center for Anatomy, University of Gottingen, Kreuzbergring 36, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 125:419-28. 2006..expression and localization of the 31 kDa vacuolar type H(+)-ATPase (V-ATPase) subunit and of Na(+)/H(+) exchanger NHE3 in the livers of control and BDL rats by real-time PCR, in situ hybridization, immunoblotting, and ..
- Nongenomic regulation by aldosterone of the epithelial NHE3 Na(+)/H(+) exchangerDavid W Good
4 200 John Sealy Annex, The University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Blvd, Galveston, TX 77555 0562, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 290:C757-63. 2006..In the MTAL, apical NHE3 mediates H(+) secretion necessary for HCO(3)(-) absorption; basolateral NHE1 influences HCO(3)(-) absorption by ..
- Dopamine D3 receptor-mediated inhibition of Na+/H+ exchanger activity in normotensive and spontaneously hypertensive rat proximal tubular epithelial cellsRui Pedrosa
Institute of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, Porto 4200 319, Portugal
Br J Pharmacol 142:1343-53. 2004....
- Effect of angiotensin-II on renal Na+/H+ exchanger-NHE3 and NHE2Mehul P Dixit
Department of Pediatrics and Physiology, Steele Memorial Children s Research Center, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, 1501 N Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1664:38-44. 2004..study was to determine the effect of angiotensin II (A-II) on membrane expression of Na+/H+ exchange isoforms NHE3 and NHE2 in the rat renal cortex...
- NHE3 Na+/H+ exchanger supports proximal tubular protein reabsorption in vivoMichael Gekle
Physiologisches Institut, Universitat Wurzburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 287:F469-73. 2004..and genetic studies in cultured opossum kidney cells have shown that the apical Na(+)/H(+) exchanger isoform 3 (NHE3) supports RME by interference with endosomal pH homeostasis and endocytic fusion events...
- Maturation of the Na+/H+ antiporter (NHE3) in the proximal tubule of the hypothyroid adrenalectomized ratNeena Gupta
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 9063, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 287:F521-7. 2004..studies examining the role of glucocorticoids and thyroid hormone on the maturation of the Na(+)/H(+) antiporter (NHE3), we found attenuation in the maturational increase in proximal tubule apical Na(+)/H(+) antiporter activity but no ..
- An autocrine role for endothelin-1 in the regulation of proximal tubule NHE3Christoph Licht
Department of Internal Medicine and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Kidney Int 65:1320-6. 2004Chronic metabolic acidosis leads to an increase in NHE3 activity that is mediated by endothelin-1 (ET-1) expression and activation of the proximal tubule endothelin B receptor...
- Demonstration of a functional apical sodium hydrogen exchanger in isolated rat gastric glandsPhilipp Kirchhoff
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 285:G1242-8. 2003..Furthermore, the gastric NHE-3 appears to work under resting conditions and inactivates during periods of H(+)-K(+)-ATPase activity...
- Genomic organization and glucocorticoid transcriptional activation of the rat Na+/H+ exchanger Nhe3 geneR A Kandasamy
Department of Physiology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 271:10551-9. 1996The activity of the apical membrane Na+/H+ exchanger NHE3 isoform of renal or intestinal epithelial cells is chronically regulated by a wide variety of stimuli, including acidosis, cAMP, glucocorticoids, and thyroid hormone...
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibition downregulates Na+ - H+ exchanger NHE3 in rat renal proximal tubuleAdriana Castello Costa Girardi
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 294:F414-22. 2008In the microvillar microdomain of the kidney brush border, sodium hydrogen exchanger type 3 (NHE3) exists in physical complexes with the serine protease dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV)...