Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc25a4
Description: solute carrier family 25 member 4
Alias: Ant1, ADP/ATP translocase 1, ADP,ATP carrier protein 1, ANT 1, adenine nucleotide translocator 1, adenine nucleotide translocator), member 4, mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocator, solute carrier family 25 (mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocator) member 4, solute carrier family 25 (mitochondrial carrier, solute carrier family 25 (mitochondrial carrier; adenine nucleotide translocator), member 4
- The HIV-1 viral protein R induces apoptosis via a direct effect on the mitochondrial permeability transition poreE Jacotot
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, F 94801 Villejuif, France
J Exp Med 191:33-46. 2000..Hence, Vpr induces apoptosis via a direct effect on the mitochondrial PTPC...
- To involvement the conformation of the adenine nucleotide translocase in opening the Tl(+)-induced permeability transition pore in Ca(2+)-loaded rat liver mitochondriaSergey M Korotkov
Sechenov Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry, The Russian Academy of Sciences, Thorez pr 44, 194223 St Petersburg, Russian Federation Electronic address
Toxicol In Vitro 32:320-32. 2016..Using the Tl(+)-induced MPTP model is discussed in terms finding new transition pore inhibitors and inducers among different chemical and natural compounds. ..
- Effect of antioxidant diets on mitochondrial gene expression in rat brain during agingV G Nicoletti
Department of Chemical Sciences, Section of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Catania, Viale A Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
Neurochem Res 30:737-52. 2005..The observed age-related changes of expression were prevented by the dietary treatments. The present study provides further evidence for the critical role of mitochondria in the aging process...
- Interleukin-1beta induces CREB-binding protein (CBP) mRNA in brain and the sequencing of rat CBPChad Tang
Department of VCAPP, Program in Neuroscience, Washington State University, PO Box 646520, Pullman, WA 99164 6520, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 137:213-22. 2005..We conclude that rat CBP shares many of the functional domains as human and murine CBP and that IL-1 upregulates genes previously associated with learning and sleep...
- Proteomic characterisation of neuronal sphingolipid-cholesterol microdomains: role in plasminogen activationMaria Dolores Ledesma
Cavalieri Ottolenghi Scientific Institute, Universita degli Studi di Torino, Ospedale San Luigi, Regione Gonzole 10, 10043 Turin, Orbassano, Italy
Brain Res 987:107-16. 2003..These observations suggest that neuronal rafts may play, in addition to intracellular signaling, a role in extracellular/membrane protein proteolysis...
- Carnitine regulates myocardial metabolism by Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor-alpha (PPARalpha) in alcoholic cardiomyopathyLing Jing
Department of Cardiology, First Clinical College of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Med Sci Monit 17:BR1-9. 2011..Carnitine is known to participate in the regulation of metabolism in a number of heart diseases. This study was designed to examine the interplay between myocardial metabolism and carnitine in the development of ACM...
- Transgenic overexpression of heart-specific adenine nucleotide translocase 1 positively affects contractile function in cardiomyocytesInga Vogelpohl
Department of Cardiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 27:121-8. 2011..Interestingly, myocardial ANT1 overexpression preserves cardiac structure and function under pathophysiological conditions...
- Interaction between NH(2)-tau fragment and Aβ in Alzheimer's disease mitochondria contributes to the synaptic deteriorationGiuseppina Amadoro
Institute of Translational Pharmacology CNR, Rome, Italy
Neurobiol Aging 33:833.e1-25. 2012..protein-preferentially interacts with Aβ peptide(s) in human AD synapses in association with mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocator-1 (ANT-1) and cyclophilin D...
- Transgenic overexpression of the adenine nucleotide translocase 1 protects cardiomyocytes against TGFβ1-induced apoptosis by stabilization of the mitochondrial permeability transition poreJ Heger
Justus Liebig University, Institute of Physiology, Giessen, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 53:73-81. 2012Since adenine nucleotide translocase 1 (ANT1) overexpression improved cardiac function in rats with activated renin-angiotensin system (RAS) and angiotensin II is known to enhance transforming growth factor β (TGFβ) signaling in ..
- The effect of 17-methoxyl-7-hydroxy-benzene-furanchalcone on NF-κB and the inflammatory response during myocardial ischemia reperfusion injury in ratsXingmei Liang
Department of Pharmacology, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, China
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 63:68-75. 2014..The experiment showed that MHBFC protected the heart against MI/RI possibly by reducing lipid peroxidation damage while inhibiting the activity of NF-κBp65 and the inflammatory response...
- Epitope mapping of mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocase-1 in idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathyCarlos Manchado
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
J Mol Cell Cardiol 34:571-82. 2002..ANT in IDCM by immunoblot with recombinant GST-ANT fusion proteins and with cellulose-bound decapeptides of human ANT1. Forty-five patients with IDCM, 17 patients with ischemic left ventricle dysfunction (LVD) and 20 controls were ..
- Control of mitochondrial membrane permeabilization by adenine nucleotide translocator interacting with HIV-1 viral protein rR and Bcl-2E Jacotot
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR 1599, Institut Gustave Roussy, F 94805 Villejuif, France
J Exp Med 193:509-19. 2001..Concomitantly, Bcl-2 suppresses channel formation by the ANT-Vpr complex in synthetic membranes. In conclusion, both Vpr and Bcl-2 modulate MMP through a direct interaction with ANT...
- Extracellular ADP prevents neuronal apoptosis via activation of cell antioxidant enzymes and protection of mitochondrial ANT-1A Bobba
Institute of Biomembranes and Bioenergetics, CNR, Bari, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1837:1338-49. 2014..e. Aβ1-42 and NH2htau, which are known to be produced in apoptotic cerebellar neurons, further corroborate the molecular mechanism of neuroprotection by ADP, herein proposed. ..
- Adenine nucleotide translocase 1 overexpression protects cardiomyocytes against hypoxia via increased ERK1/2 and AKT activationJulia Winter
Department of Cardiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200, Berlin, Germany Institute of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Structural Biochemistry, Free University Berlin, Takustr 6, 14195, Berlin, Germany
Cell Signal 28:152-9. 2016..In this regard, we analysed the effect of adenine nucleotide translocase 1 (ANT1), which facilitates the exchange of ADP and ATP across the mitochondrial membrane, on cell-protective survival ..
- Muscle/heart isoform of mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT1) is transiently expressed during perinatal development in rat liverA Grado
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
FEBS Lett 421:213-6. 1998..order to define the contribution of the ANT isoforms to this postnatal increase we have studied the expression of ANT1 and ANT2 isoforms in the liver during this period...
- Energization-dependent endogenous activation of proton conductance in skeletal muscle mitochondriaNadeene Parker
MRC Dunn Human Nutrition Unit, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0XY, UK
Biochem J 412:131-9. 2008....
- Glutathionylation of adenine nucleotide translocase induced by carbon monoxide prevents mitochondrial membrane permeabilization and apoptosisCláudia S F Queiroga
Instituto de Biologia Experimental e Tecnologica, Apartado 12, 2781 901 Oeiras, Portugal
J Biol Chem 285:17077-88. 2010..In conclusion, CO protects astrocytes from apoptosis by preventing MMP, acting on ANT (glutathionylation and inhibition of its pore activity) via a preconditioning-like process mediated by ROS and GSSG...
- Coenzyme A enhances activity of the mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocatorErika Cione
Department of Pharmaco Biology, University of Calabria, Edificio Polifunzionale, 87036 Rende CS, Italy
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 42:106-12. 2010..50+/-0.52 microM versus 22.19+/-0.98 microM). Data suggest a likely enzymatic involvement in the interaction between ANT and CoA. The effect of CoA is observed in mitochondria from several different tissues...
- Dual specificity phosphatases 18 and 21 target to opposing sides of the mitochondrial inner membraneMatthew J Rardin
Departments of Pharmacology, Cellular and Molecular Medicine, and Chemistry and Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0721, USA
J Biol Chem 283:15440-50. 2008..This work rigorously demonstrates the unique location of two highly similar DSPs on opposing sides of the mitochondrial inner membrane...
- Complete loss-of-function of the heart/muscle-specific adenine nucleotide translocator is associated with mitochondrial myopathy and cardiomyopathyLuigi Palmieri
Department of Pharmaco Biology, Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Bari, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 14:3079-88. 2005..found in the gene encoding the heart and skeletal muscle-specific isoform of the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT1) in families with autosomal dominant progressive external opthalmoplegia and in a sporadic patient...
- Copper induces permeability transition through its interaction with the adenine nucleotide translocaseNoemí García
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia, Ignacio Chavez, Juan Badiano 1, Tlalpam, DF 014080, Mexico
Cell Biol Int 31:893-9. 2007....
- Accelerated mitochondrial adenosine diphosphate/adenosine triphosphate transport improves hypertension-induced heart diseaseThomas Walther
Charite Universitatsmedizin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Department of Cardiology and Pneumonology, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Circulation 115:333-44. 2007..An adequate exchange of ATP and ADP over the inner mitochondrial membrane by the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) is thereby essential to guarantee the cellular energy supply...
- Decreased ANT content in Zucker fatty rats: relevance for altered hepatic mitochondrial bioenergetics in steatosisJoão Teodoro
Center for Neurosciences and Cell Biology, Department of Zoology, University of Coimbra, 3004 517 Coimbra, Portugal
FEBS Lett 580:2153-7. 2006..These data suggest that hepatic accumulation of fat impairs mitochondrial function, reflecting the loss of oxidative phosphorylation capacity caused by a decrease in the ANT content...
- Apoptosis in pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy is mediated, in part, by adenine nucleotide translocator-1Tao Hang
Department of Cardiology, Jinling Hospital, 305 East Zhongshan Road, Nanjing 210002, P R China
Ann Clin Lab Sci 36:88-95. 2006This study explored the role of adenine nucleotide translocator-1 (ANT1) in cardiomyocyte apoptosis during left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) that developed in response to pressure overload...
- Chemical, immunological, enzymatic, and genetic approaches to studying the arrangement of the peptide chain of the ADP/ATP carrier in the mitochondrial membraneG Brandolin
Laboratoire de Biochimie URA 1130 CNRS, Centre d Etudes Nucleaires de Grenoble, France
J Bioenerg Biomembr 25:459-72. 1993..Mutagenesis in yeast is currently being used to detect strategic amino acids in ADP/ATP transport...
- A novel ANT1 gene mutation with probable germline mosaicism in autosomal dominant progressive external ophthalmoplegiaMarcus Deschauer
Department of Neurology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
Neuromuscul Disord 15:311-5. 2005Only four different mutations in the adenine nucleotide translocator 1 (ANT1) gene have been found in families with progressive external ophthalmoplegia (PEO)...
- Increased levels of adenine nucleotide translocator 1 protein and response to oxidative stress are early events in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy muscleDalila Laoudj-Chenivesse
Centre de Recherche en Biochimie et Macromoléculaire, FRE 2593 CNRS, 1919 Route de Mende, 34293, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Mol Med (Berl) 83:216-24. 2005..any of the 4q35 genes, among which is the heart and muscle-specific isoform of the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT1)...
- Cholesterol impairs the adenine nucleotide translocator-mediated mitochondrial permeability transition through altered membrane fluidityAnna Colell
Liver Unit, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic y Provincial, Instituto Investigaciones Biomédicas August Pi Suñer, Barcelona, Spain
J Biol Chem 278:33928-35. 2003..Thus, these findings indicate that the ability of atractyloside to induce MPT via ANT requires an appropriate membrane fluidity range...
- Increased adenine nucleotide translocator 1 in reactive astrocytes facilitates glutamate transportCharles R Buck
Oridis Biomed, Elisabethstrasse 84, A 8010, Graz, Austria
Exp Neurol 181:149-58. 2003..we employed an in vivo model of the glial scar and differential display PCR and found an increase in the level of Ant1, a mitochondrial ATP/ADP exchanger that facilitates the flux of ATP out of the mitochondria...
- Expression of mitochondrial uncoupling protein 3 and adenine nucleotide translocase 1 genes in developing rat heart: putative involvement in control of mitochondrial membrane potentialLibor Skarka
Centre for Experimental Cardiovascular Research, Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 142 20 4, Prague, Czech Republic
J Mol Cell Cardiol 35:321-30. 2003..alpha (PPARalpha) genes was characterized by northern blotting (UCP2), real-time quantitative RT-PCR (UCP2, UCP3, ANT1, ANT2, and PPARalpha), and by immunoblotting (UCP3)...
- Autosomal dominant external ophthalmoplegia and bipolar affective disorder associated with a mutation in the ANT1 geneG Siciliano
Neurological Institute, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Neuromuscul Disord 13:162-5. 2003..The authors identified a missense mutation (leucine 98-->proline) in the adenine nucleotide translocator 1 gene...
- Mitochondrial targeted cyclophilin D protects cells from cell death by peptidyl prolyl isomerizationDa Ting Lin
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, University of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Biol Chem 277:31134-41. 2002..Collectively, our data suggest that CyPD should be viewed as a cell survival-signaling molecule and indicate a protective role of CyPD against apoptosis that is mediated by one or more targets other than the ANT...
- Mitochondrial disease in mouse results in increased oxidative stressL A Esposito
Center for Molecular Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:4820-5. 1999..we examined the mitochondria from mice lacking the heart/muscle isoform of the adenine nucleotide translocator (Ant1), designated Ant1(tm2Mgr) (-/-) mice...
- Direct demonstration of a specific interaction between cyclophilin-D and the adenine nucleotide translocase confirms their role in the mitochondrial permeability transitionK Woodfield
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, U K
Biochem J 336:287-90. 1998..Binding was prevented by pretreatment of the CyP-D with CsA, but not with cyclosporin H. Purified ANT also bound specifically to GST-CyP-D, but porin did not, even in the presence of ANT...
- Isolation and characterization of cDNA clones and a genomic clone encoding rat mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocatorY Shinohara
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokushima, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1152:192-6. 1993Two cDNA clones encoding rat mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocator were isolated from libraries constructed from mRNAs of heart and liver...