Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Serping1
Description: serpin family G member 1
Alias: plasma protease C1 inhibitor, C1 Inh, C1 esterase inhibitor, C1-inhibiting factor, C1Inh, serine (or cysteine) peptidase inhibitor, clade G, member 1, serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, clade G (C1 inhibitor), member 1, (angioedema, hereditary), serpin G1, serpin peptidase inhibitor, clade G (C1 inhibitor), member 1, serpin peptidase inhibitor, clade G, member 1
- Common variation in the SERPING1 gene is not associated with age-related macular degeneration in two independent groups of subjectsKyu Hyung Park
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mol Vis 15:200-7. 2009Common genetic variation in the complement component 1 inhibitor gene (SERPING1) was recently reported to increase the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- The effect of genetic variants in SERPING1 on the risk of neovascular age-related macular degenerationA Y Lee
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 94:915-7. 2010..Previous studies investigating the potential association between all AMD subtypes and the SERPING1 gene, which encodes a key regulator of the classic complement pathway, have yielded conflicting results...
- Anti-apoptotic role for C1 inhibitor in ischemia/reperfusion-induced myocardial cell injuryJinrong Fu
Department of Cardiology, Renmin Hospital, Wuhan University School of Medicine, Wuhan, Hubei, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:504-12. 2006..injury and apoptosis during ischemia/reperfusion (I/R), whereas complement system inhibition with C1 inhibitor (C1INH), a serine protease inhibitor, exerts markedly cardioprotective effects...
- Inhibition of classical complement activation attenuates liver ischaemia and reperfusion injury in a rat modelB H M Heijnen
Department of Surgery, Surgical Laboratory, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Immunol 143:15-23. 2006..Pre-ischaemic administration of C1-inh is an effective pharmacological intervention to protect against liver I/R injury...
- Detection of C1 inhibitor (SERPING1/C1NH) mutations in exon 8 in patients with hereditary angioedema: evidence for 10 novel mutationsAlvaro Blanch
Unidad de Inmunologia, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Paseo de la Castellana, 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Hum Mutat 20:405-6. 2002Hereditary angioedema (HAE) is caused by mutations in the C1 inhibitor gene (SERPING1, C1NH) and the result is C1 inhibitor deficiency, either in levels or function...
- Variation in complement component C1 inhibitor in age-related macular degenerationJ Gibson
Genetic Epidemiology and Bioinformatics Group, Human Genetics Division, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Immunobiology 217:251-5. 2012..levels were analysed for relationships with age, gender, smoking, AMD disease status and genetic variation in the SERPING1 gene, which encodes C1inh, using a multivariate analysis...
- Determination of a gene and environment risk model for age-related macular degenerationJane Gibson
Genetic Epidemiology and Bioinformatics Group, University of Southampton, Human Genetics Division, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 94:1382-7. 2010..age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and genetic variants in the serpin peptidase inhibitor, clade G, member 1 (SERPING1) gene...
- Association between the SERPING1 gene and age-related macular degeneration and polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy in JapaneseIsao Nakata
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e19108. 2011Recently, a complement component 1 inhibitor (SERPING1) gene polymorphism was identified as a novel risk factor for age-related macular degeneration (AMD) in Caucasians...
- Age-related alterations in retinal neurovascular and inflammatory transcriptsColleen A Van Kirk
Department of Pharmacology, Penn State College of Medicine, University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Mol Vis 17:1261-74. 2011..The goal of this study was to investigate the effects of aging on retinal mRNA expression of neurovascular and inflammatory transcripts previously demonstrated to be regulated with diabetes...
- Mutant prourokinase with adjunctive C1-inhibitor is an effective and safer alternative to tPA in rat strokeSimone Tomasi
Neuroscience Institute Cavalieri Ottolenghi, San Luigi Gonzaga Hospital, Orbassano, Turin, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e21999. 2011..The C1I did not compromise fibrinolysis by M5 in contrast with tPA, consistent with previous in vitro findings...
- C1 inhibitor treatment improves host defense in pneumococcal meningitis in rats and micePetra J G Zwijnenburg
Department of Pediatrics, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Infect Dis 196:115-23. 2007..C1-inh treatment increased bacterial clearance, possibly through an up-regulation of CR3. Hence, C1-inh may be a useful agent in the treatment of pneumococcal meningitis...
- Prolonged C1 inhibitor administration improves local healing of burn wounds and reduces myocardial inflammation in a rat burn wound modelMark P V Begieneman
Department of Pathology, VU Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Burn Care Res 33:544-51. 2012..Here, the effects of C1 esterase inhibitor (C1inh), an inhibitor of complement activation, on burn wound progression and the heart were analyzed in ..
- Safety and efficacy of prophylactic nanofiltered C1-inhibitor in hereditary angioedemaBruce L Zuraw
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, USA
Am J Med 125:938.e1-7. 2012Nanofiltered C1-inhibitor (C1INH-nf) is approved for prophylactic treatment of hereditary angioedema. This study assessed the efficacy and safety of C1INH-nf as prophylactic therapy in a large cohort of patients with hereditary angioedema.
- C1 esterase inhibitor reduces lower extremity ischemia/reperfusion injury and associated lung damageClaudia Duehrkop
Department of Clinical Research, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland Graduate School for Cellular and Biomedical Sciences, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 8:e72059. 2013..Upon reperfusion inflammatory cascades are activated causing tissue injury. We therefore tested preoperative treatment for prevention of reperfusion injury by using C1 esterase inhibitor (C1 INH).
- Excessive activation of the alternative complement pathway in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney diseaseZ Su
Kidney Institute, Department of Nephrology, Shanghai Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
J Intern Med 276:470-85. 2014..The complement system is involved in many immune complex-mediated kidney diseases, yet its role in the pathogenesis of autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD) has not been examined in detail...
- How it all starts: Initiation of the clotting cascadeStephanie A Smith
a Department of Biochemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL, USA
Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol 50:326-36. 2015..This review focuses on how the initiation phase of the blood clotting cascade is regulated in both pathways, with a discussion of the contributions of these pathways to hemostasis versus thrombosis. ..
- Endogenous C1-inhibitor production and expression in the heart after acute myocardial infarctionReindert W Emmens
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Institute for Cardiovascular Research, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Department of Immunopathology, Sanquin Research, Postbus 9892, 1006 AN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Cardiovasc Pathol 25:33-9. 2016..In this study, we investigated whether endogenous C1-inhibitor, a well-known inhibitor of complement activation, is expressed in the heart after acute myocardial infarction...
- Impact of combined C1 esterase inhibitor/coagulation factor XIII or N-acetylcysteine/tirilazad mesylate administration on leucocyte adherence and cytokine release in experimental endotoxaemiaJ Birnbaum
Klinik fur Anaesthesiologie und operative Intensivmedizin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charité Mitte and Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
J Int Med Res 36:748-59. 2008We determined the effects of combinations of C1 esterase inhibitor (C1-INH) with factor XIII and of N-acetylcysteine (NAC) with tirilazad mesylate (TM) during lipo-polysaccharide (LPS)-induced endotoxaemia in rats...
- Fat-storing cells of the rat liver synthesize and secrete C1-esterase inhibitor; modulation by cytokinesS Schwögler
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Mainz, Germany
Hepatology 16:794-802. 1992....
- C1 inhibitor gene expression in patients with hereditary angioedema: quantitative evaluation by means of real-time RT-PCREmanuela Pappalardo
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Milan, Ospedale S Giuseppe, 20123 Milan, Italy
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:638-44. 2004Hereditary angioedema (HAE) is caused by heterozygous defects in the C1 inhibitor (C1-INH) gene (SERPING1/C1NH)...
- Blood coagulationLucy A Norris
Coagulation Research Laboratory, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Trinity College Centre for Health Sciences, St James s Hospital, 8, Dublin, Ireland
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 17:369-83. 2003..Both genetic and environmental factors can influence the activation of coagulation and may predispose affected individuals to thrombosis...
- Effects of C1 inhibitor and r-SP-C surfactant on oxygenation and histology in rats with lavage-induced acute lung injuryB Vangerow
Department of Anaesthesia, Hannover Medical School, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Intensive Care Med 27:1526-31. 2001..To assess the effects of C1 inhibitor (INH) administration and r-SP-C surfactant application on oxygenation and lung histology in an acute respiratory distress syndrome model...
- C1-esterase inhibitor reduces infarct volume after cortical vein occlusionA Heimann
Institute for Neurosurgical Pathophysiology, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, 55101, Mainz, Germany
Brain Res 838:210-3. 1999..Thus, the neuroprotective effect cannot be explained by an improvement of cerebral perfusion but rather by protection of the parenchyma in the penumbra...
- Proteases and protease inhibitors in taurocholate-induced acute pancreatitis in ratsP Kruse
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology D, Copenhagen University Hospital, Glostrup, Denmark
Int J Pancreatol 25:113-21. 1999..Protease activation and protease inhibitor consumption occur consistent with a two-stage development, and contact-phase activation is a possible primary event in this model...
- Beneficial effects of C1 esterase inhibitor in murine traumatic shockL Kochilas
Department of Physiology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107 6799, USA
Shock 8:165-9. 1997..We investigated the effects of early complement blockade induced by a C1 esterase inhibitor (C1 INH) in a rat model of traumatic shock...
- Combined treatment with C1 esterase inhibitor and antithrombin III improves survival in severe acute experimental pancreatitisH Yamaguchi
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulm, Germany
Gut 40:531-5. 1997..Patients with severe acute pancreatitis die of complications closely related to the systemic activation of protease cascades...
- Influence of C1-inhibitor on inflammation, edema and shockG Dickneite
Research Laboratories, Behringwerke AG, Marburg, Germany
Behring Inst Mitt . 1993C1-Inhibitor (Berinert, C1 INH), a 104 kDa protein, inhibits complement components (C1 esterase) as well as enzymes of the contact phase of coagulation (Factor XII, Factor XI) and kallikrein, thus regulating kinin generation...
- The kallikrein-kinin system: current and future pharmacological targetsMarie Eve Moreau
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Montreal, Canada
J Pharmacol Sci 99:6-38. 2005....
- The functional integrity of the serpin domain of C1-inhibitor depends on the unique N-terminal domain, as revealed by a pathological mutantIneke G A Bos
Department of Immunopathology, Sanquin Research at CLB, and Landsteiner Laboratory, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 278:29463-70. 2003....
- RHINOVIRUS MEDIATED TRANSCRIPTION IN AIRWAY INFLAMMATIONBruce Zuraw; Fiscal Year: 2002..These results will provide a necessary foundation for additional investigations into downstream inflammatory consequences of rhinovirus infection as well as potential targets for new intervention strategies. ..
- GILZ Controls TLR-Induced NF-kB Activity In Acute AsthmaBruce Zuraw; Fiscal Year: 2008..We anticipate that this proposal will provide novel and clinically relevant data regarding the mechanisms of acute asthma exacerbations. ..