Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Serpine1
Description: serpin family E member 1
Alias: PAI1A, Pai1, Pai1aa, Planh, RATPAI1A, plasminogen activator inhibitor 1, PAI, PAI-1, endothelial plasminogen activator inhibitor, serine (or cysteine) peptidase inhibitor, clade E, member 1, serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, clade E (nexin, plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1), member 1, serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, clade E, member 1, serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, member 1, serpin E1, serpin peptidase inhibitor, clade E (nexin, plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1), member 1
Publications120 found, 100 shown here
- Upregulated expression of transforming growth factor-beta, type IV collagen, and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 mRNA are decreased after release of unilateral ureteral obstructionYukihiko Ogata
Department of Urology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 197:159-68. 2002..transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta), type IV collagen (collagen IV), and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) were examined by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) up to 28 days...
- The effects of pharmacological PAI-1 inhibition on thrombus formation and neointima formation after arterial injuryJun ichi Suzuki
Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Graduate School of Medicine, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, 1 5 45, Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Expert Opin Ther Targets 12:783-94. 2008Plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1 plays a role in neointimal formation after percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), the effect of overexpression or lack of PAI-1 is controversial...
- Establishment of a peritoneal mesothelial cell line from a transgenic rat harbouring the temperature-sensitive simian virus 40 large T-antigen geneYoko Hotta
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Juntendo University Faculty of Medicine, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:1825-32. 2010..In this study, we established a novel MC line from tsSV40T Tg rats and evaluated its characteristics...
- Insertion/deletion plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 and insertion/deletion angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphisms in diabetic retinopathy in type 2 diabetesMojca Globocnik-Petrovic
Eye Clinic, University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Ophthalmologica 217:219-24. 2003In an association study, the relationship between the insertion/deletion (I/D) plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) gene polymorphism or the I/D angiotensin 1-converting enzyme (ACE) gene polymorphism and the development of diabetic ..
- Elevated levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in pulmonary edema fluid are associated with mortality in acute lung injuryPriya Prabhakaran
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 285:L20-8. 2003..Levels of the fibrinolytic protease inhibitor, plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), are too low in bronchoalveolar lavage to address its prognostic significance...
- PAI-1 Gene 4G/5G polymorphism and risk of type 2 diabetes in a population-based sampleJames B Meigs
General Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 14:753-8. 2006Elevated plasma levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) increase risk for type 2 diabetes...
- Pathogenetic and prognostic significance of altered coagulation and fibrinolysis in acute lung injury/acute respiratory distress syndromeLorraine B Ware
Division of Allergy, Pulmonary, and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Crit Care Med 35:1821-8. 2007..However, direct evidence for the contribution of abnormalities in coagulation and fibrinolysis proteins to outcomes in patients with acute lung injury/acute respiratory distress syndrome is lacking...
- Inhibition of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 expression by siRNA in rat hepatic stellate cellsPing Fang Hu
Department of Gastroenterology, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:1917-25. 2008..The aim of this study was to detect the role of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) during liver fibrogenesis and investigate the functional effects of PAI-1 gene silencing in rat hepatic stellate ..
- 4G/5G polymorphism of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene is associated with mortality in intensive care unit patients with severe pneumoniaAnil Sapru
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Critical Care Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Anesthesiology 110:1086-91. 2009Higher plasma and pulmonary edema fluid levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) are associated with increased mortality in patients with pneumonia and acute lung injury...
- Diabetic retinopathy, PAI-1 4G/5G and -844G/A polymorphisms, and changes in circulating PAI-1 levels in Tunisian type 2 diabetes patientsI Ezzidi
Faculty of Pharmacy of Monastir, University of Monastir, Monastir, Tunisia
Diabetes Metab 35:214-9. 2009The association of altered plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1 levels and PAI-1 polymorphisms (4G/5G and -844G/A) with diabetic retinopathy (DR) was investigated in 856 type 2 diabetes (T2D) patients, of whom 383 presented with (DR ..
- Alveolar plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 predicts ARDS in aspiration pneumonitisAli A El Solh
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine, Erie County Medical Center, 462 Grider Street, Buffalo, NY 14215, USA
Intensive Care Med 32:110-5. 2006To test the hypothesis that alveolar plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) can identify patients with witnessed aspiration at risk for progression to acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).
- Isolation and characterization of the rat plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 geneC J Bruzdzinski
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0618
J Biol Chem 265:2078-85. 1990..plasminogen activator activity in HTC rat hepatoma cells primarily by modulating plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) gene expression...
- MAPK/AP-1-dependent regulation of PAI-1 gene expression by TGF-beta in rat mesangial cellsBaoliang Guo
Department of Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Shiga, Japan
Kidney Int 68:972-84. 2005..growth factor-beta (TGF-beta)-induced expression of various genes, including plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1)...
- Polymorphisms of the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene in type 1 and type 2 diabetes, and in patients with diabetic retinopathyM W Mansfield
Division of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds General Infirmary, UK
Thromb Haemost 71:731-6. 1994To identify whether genotype contributes to the difference in PAI-1 levels in type 1 and type 2 diabetic subjects and whether genotype relates to the development of retinopathy, a Hind III restriction fragment length polymorphism and two ..
- Studies on the role of plasminogen activators and plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 in rat corpus luteum of pregnancyY X Liu
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Biol Reprod 53:1131-8. 1995..On the basis of the data provided in this study and similar findings in monkeys, we conclude that endogenously produced tPA in late phase of CL development may regulate luteal regression through local autocrine or paracrine action...
- Bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein ameliorates hypercoagulability after hemorrhagic shockM Yamashita
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Thromb Res 87:323-9. 1997We recently showed that both plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) and tissue factor (TF) are induced after a massive hemorrhage...
- Monoclonal antibody-based immunoassays for the specific quantitation of rat PAI-1 antigen and activity in biological samplesT H Ngo
Laboratory for Pharmaceutical Biology and Phytopharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Thromb Haemost 79:808-12. 1998Two enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISAs) for the quantitation of rat plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) antigen and activity, respectively, in biological fluids were developed using monoclonal antibodies raised against ..
- Cyclic nucleotide regulation of type-1 plasminogen activator-inhibitor mRNA stability in rat hepatoma cells. Identification of cis-acting sequencesJ H Heaton
Departments of Human Genetics and Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0618, USA
J Biol Chem 273:14261-8. 1998Type-1 plasminogen activator-inhibitor (PAI-1) is a major physiologic inhibitor of plasminogen activation...
- P2Y receptor regulation of PAI-1 expression in vascular smooth muscle cellsJ L Bouchie
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:866-73. 2000..In this article, the regulation of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) expression in rat aortic smooth muscle cells (RASMCs) by adenine and uridine nucleotides was examined and ..
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and apolipoprotein E gene polymorphisms and diabetic angiopathyL Tarnow
Steno Diabetes Center, Gentofte, Denmark
Nephrol Dial Transplant 15:625-30. 2000A point mutation in the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene and a three-allelic variation in the apolipoprotein-E (ApoE) gene have been suggested as risk factors for the development of diabetic micro- and macrovascular ..
- Influence of plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 on choroidal neovascularizationV Lambert
Laboratory of Tumor and Development Biology, University of Liege, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
FASEB J 15:1021-7. 2001High levels of the plasminogen activators, but also their inhibitor, plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1), have been documented in neovascularization of severe ocular pathologies such as diabetic retinopathy or age-related macular ..
- Role of microthrombus formation in the development of ischemia/reperfusion-induced liver injury in ratsKenji Okajima
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Thromb Haemost 88:473-80. 2002....
- Glucose upregulates plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene expression in vascular smooth muscle cellsManabu Suzuki
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Mibu, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
Life Sci 72:59-66. 2002We investigated the effects of high concentrations of glucose on plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene expression in cultured rat vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMC). In response to a high glucose concentration (27...
- Inhibition of retinal neovascularization by intravitreal injection of human rPAI-1 in a rat model of retinopathy of prematurityJohn S Penn
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2115 21st Avenue South, 8016 Medical Center East, Nashville, TN 37232 8808, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:5423-9. 2003..essential for the invasive aspect of angiogenesis by increasing synthesis of plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1...
- Reduced cardiac expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 and transforming growth factor beta1 in obese Zucker rats by perindoprilJ E Toblli
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Hospital Aleman, CONICET, Av Pueyrredon 1640, Buenos Aires 1118, Argentina
Heart 91:80-6. 2005..enzyme inhibition by perindopril can reduce cardiac transforming growth factor beta1 (TGFbeta1) and plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) and therefore control collagen accumulation in an animal model with the metabolic syndrome ..
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in the aqueous humor of patients with and without glaucomaJacob Dan
Department of Biological Chemistry, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Arch Ophthalmol 123:220-4. 2005To determine the levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) and total protein in the aqueous humor of patients with glaucoma vs those without glaucoma.
- [Changes of coagulation and fibrinolysis system in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid in lung fibrosis]Yan Ping Zhang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Second Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050000, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 37:516-9. 2005..To investigate the activity of coagulation and fibrinolysis systems in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) in lung fibrosis in rats, and to study their role in diagnosis of lung fibrosis...
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy prevents coagulation disorders in an experimental model of multiple organ failure syndromeFrancesco Imperatore
Department of Experimental Medicine, Section of Pharmacology L Donatelli, Faculty of Medicine, Second University of Naples, via Michele Tenore 14, 80137, Naples, Italy
Intensive Care Med 32:1881-8. 2006..To evaluate the effects of hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy on the coagulation cascade using an experimental model of multiple organ failure syndrome (MOFS)...
- The LOC387715 polymorphism, inflammatory markers, smoking, and age-related macular degeneration. A population-based case-control studyJie Jin Wang
Centre for Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology and Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Ophthalmology 115:693-9. 2008..To assess combined effects on the risk of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) by the LOC387715 polymorphism, smoking, and inflammatory or hemostatic factors...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 as a predictor of postoperative atrial fibrillation after cardiopulmonary bypassMias Pretorius
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Circulation 116:I1-7. 2007..This study tests the hypothesis that biomarkers predict the development of postoperative AF...
- A DNA enzyme against plasminogen activator inhibitor- type 1 (PAI-1) limits neointima formation after angioplasty in an obese diabetic rodent modelPiotr Witkowski
Department of Surgery, Columbia University, College of Surgeons and Physicians, New York, New York, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 50:633-40. 2007We investigated whether targeted cleavage of PAI-1 mRNA might prevent post-angioplasty neointima formation in diabetic JCR:LA-cp/cp rats with naturally elevated PAI-1 levels...
- Fibrinolytic inhibitor levels and polymorphisms in Behçet disease and their association with thrombosisJose M Ricart
Dermatology Service, La Fe University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Br J Haematol 141:716-9. 2008..No significant differences were observed in CPB2 (TAFI) Thr325Ile and SERPINE1 (PAI1) 4G/5G polymorphism distribution between patients and controls...
- Ventilator-induced coagulopathy in experimental Streptococcus pneumoniae pneumoniaJ J Haitsma
Interdepartmental Division of Critical Care Medicine, University of Toronto, Keenan Research Center, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Queen Wing 4 042, Toronto, ON, M5B 1W8 Canada
Eur Respir J 32:1599-606. 2008..Mechanical ventilation causing ventilator-induced lung injury increases pulmonary coagulopathy in an animal model of Streptococcus pneumoniae pneumonia and results in systemic coagulopathy...
- [Changes of u-PA and PAI-1 expression in the lung tissue of neonatal rats after inhaling high concentration oxygen]Xue Yan Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 46:458-63. 2008..authors established an animal model of CLD induced by inhaling high concentration oxygen (hyperoxia) to investigate the changes and functions of urokinase-plasminogen activator (u-PA) and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) in CLD.
- Aortic length changes during abdominal aortic aneurysm formation, expansion and stabilisation in a rat modelS Michineau
CNRS EAC 7054, Centre de Recherches Chirurgicales Dominique Chopin, University Paris, 12 Val de Marne, 8 rue du General Sarrail, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 40:468-74. 2010..Determinants of extracellular matrix (ECM) destruction/reconstruction balance influencing abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) diameter may impact length...
- Tissue-type plasminogen activator depletion affects the nasal mucosa matrix reconstruction in allergic rhinitis miceH Hua
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Huadong Hospital, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 39:206-11. 2011..The present study was designed to assess the function of tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) expression in allergic rhinitis...
- The expression of fibrinolytic components in chronic paranasal sinus diseaseTakayuki Sejima
Upper Airway Research Laboratory, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Am J Rhinol Allergy 25:1-6. 2011..To clarify the relationship between these components and the pathology of CRS, we analyzed fibrinolytic components in sinonasal mucosa of CRS...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 mitigates brain injury in a rat model of infection-sensitized neonatal hypoxia-ischemiaDianer Yang
Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Cereb Cortex 23:1218-29. 2013..Together, because CPAI blocks both proteolytic and nonproteolytic tPA neurotoxicity, it is a promising therapeutics of neonatal HI injury either with or without infection...
- siRNA against plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 ameliorates bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis in ratsYan Ping Zhang
Department of Pathophysiology, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 33:897-908. 2012Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is involved in the progression of pulmonary fibrosis...
- Valproic acid induces astrocyte-dependent neurite outgrowth from cultured rat primary cortical neuron via modulation of tPA/PAI-1 activityKyu Suk Cho
Department of Neuroscience, School of Medicine, Konkuk University, Seoul, Korea
Glia 61:694-709. 2013..The activity of tPA is regulated by an endogenous inhibitor plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), which is expressed mainly in astrocytes...
- Effects of gabexate mesilate on coagulopathy and organ dysfunction in rats with endotoxemia: a potential use of thrombelastography in endotoxin-induced sepsisHsin Jung Tsai
aDepartment of Pharmacology, National Defense Medical Center bDepartment of Anesthesiology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan cCenter of Coronary Heart Disease, Fu Wai Hospital and Cardiovascular Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China dDepartment of Anesthesiology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University eDepartment of Anesthesiology fGraduate Institute of Aerospace and Undersea Medicine, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei gDepartment of Anesthesiology, Tungs Taichung Metroharbor Hospital, Taichung hDepartment of Pharmacology, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan Wen Jinn Liaw and Chin Chen Wu contributed equally to this study
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 26:175-84. 2015..752, P < 0.001, R = 0.566). These results indicate that beneficial effects of anticoagulants (e.g. gabexate mesilate) in endotoxemia could be monitored by TEG per se...
- Inhibiting ERK Activation with CI-1040 Leads to Compensatory Upregulation of Alternate MAPKs and Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1 following Subtotal Nephrectomy with No Impact on Kidney FibrosisFaith Hannah Nutter
Academic Unit of Nephrology, Department of Infection and Immunity, Medical School, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, England
PLoS ONE 10:e0137321. 2015..CI-1040 also increased the expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), a key inhibitor of plasmin-dependent matrix metalloproteinases...
- Effect of intra-abdominal administration of ligustrazine nanoparticles nano spray on postoperative peritoneal adhesion in rat modelShuai Yan
Suzhou Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Suzhou, China
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 41:1942-50. 2015..We aimed to evaluate the preventive effect of the ligustrazine nanoparticles nano spray (LNNS) for postoperative peritoneal adhesions in female rat models...
- TGF-β1 and Serpine 1 expression changes in traumatic deep vein thrombosisJ W Mo
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Gannan Medical University, Ganzhou, Jiangxi Province, China
Genet Mol Res 14:13835-42. 2015..Together, these results suggested that TGF-β1 and Serpine 1 overexpression might play an important role in DVT formation and have predictive values...
- Treatment with oestrogen-receptor agonists or oxytocin in conjunction with exercise protects against myocardial infarction in ovariectomized ratsErman Caner Bulut
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Exp Physiol 101:612-27. 2016..Oestrogen receptor agonists, as well as oxytocin, in conjunction with exercise may be effective new therapeutics to protect against myocardial ischaemia in postmenopausal women...
- Differential contributions of platelets and fibrinogen to early coagulopathy in a rat model of hemorrhagic shockHayley L Letson
Heart, Trauma and Sepsis Research Laboratory, Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine, College of Medicine and Dentistry, James Cook University, Queensland 4811, Australia Electronic address
Thromb Res 141:58-65. 2016..The mechanisms of early traumatic-induced coagulopathy are not well understood. Our aim was to examine the role of platelets and fibrinogen to early coagulopathy in the rat after hemorrhagic shock...
- Combination of Ligusticum chuanxiong and Radix Paeoniae ameliorate focal cerebral ischemic in MCAO rats via endoplasmic reticulum stress-dependent apoptotic signaling pathwayJunfei Gu
Jiangsu Collaborative Innovation Center of Chinese Medicinal Resources Industrialization, National and Local Collaborative Engineering Center of Chinese Medicinal Resources Industrialization and Formulae Innovative Medicine, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210023, PR China Affiliated Hospital of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210028, PR China State Key Laboratory Breeding Base of Dao di Herbs, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing, 100700, PR China Key Laboratory of New Drug Delivery System of Chinese Materia Medica, Jiangsu Provincial Academy of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210028, PR China
J Ethnopharmacol 187:313-24. 2016..This study was conducted to evaluate the combinative effects of XS on MCAO rats and explore the underlying mechanisms...
- [Effect of amiloride on the pathology of a rat model of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]Xiu di Han
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 30:363-7. 2007....
- Epistatic effect of plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 and beta-fibrinogen genes on risk of glomerular microthrombosis in lupus nephritis: interaction with environmental/clinical factorsRujun Gong
Research Institute of Nephrology, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Nanjing, China
Arthritis Rheum 56:1608-17. 2007..We undertook this study to determine whether genetic variations of hemostasis factors, such as plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) and fibrinogen, affect the risk of GMT.
- Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 mediates angiotensin II-induced expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and fibronectin in rat mesangial cellsHengmei Zhu
Department of Nephrology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Kidney Blood Press Res 34:320-7. 2011To investigate the effects of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 (PARP-1) on angiotensin II (Ang II)-induced plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) and fibronectin (FN) in rat mesangial cells (RMCs).
- Postnatal early overnutrition dysregulates the intrarenal renin-angiotensin system and extracellular matrix-linked molecules in juvenile male ratsHyung Eun Yim
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
J Nutr Biochem 23:937-45. 2012..05). By contrast, the plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1 and matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-9 expression decreased in the overnutrition group (P<.05)...
- Fructose rich diet-induced high plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) production in the adult female rat: protective effect of progesteroneDaniel Castrogiovanni
Neuroendocrine Unit, IMBICE CONICET CICPBA, 1900 La Plata, Argentina
Nutrients 4:1137-50. 2012..CT-ND) plasma concentrations of lipids, leptin, adiponectin and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1). Lipidemia and adiponectinemia were high (vs. P4-ND) in P4-FRD rats...
- Regulatory sequences and protein-binding sites involved in the expression of the rat plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 geneM R Johnson
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0618
J Biol Chem 267:12202-10. 1992Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is a serine protease inhibitor that inhibits both tissue-type and urokinase-type plasminogen activators. Expression of PAI-1 is regulated by growth factors, cytokines, and hormones...
- Cloning and sequencing of cDNA for the rat plasminogen activator inhibitor-1R Zeheb
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0618
Gene 73:459-68. 1988A cDNA encoding rat plasminogen activator-inhibitor (PAI-1) has been isolated from an HTC rat hepatoma cell cDNA library constructed in phage lambda gt10...
- The 4G/5G genetic polymorphism in the promoter of the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene is associated with differences in plasma PAI-1 activity but not with risk of myocardial infarction in the ECTIM study. Etude CasTemoins de I'nfarctus du MS Ye
Department of Medicine, University College London Medical School, UK
Thromb Haemost 74:837-41. 1995We have investigated the interrelationships of plasma PAI-1 activity, the PAI-1 4G/5G polymorphism and risk of myocardial infarction (MI) in the ECTIM study, a case-control study of MI based in Belfast, Lille, Strasbourg and Toulouse...
- Inactivation of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 accelerates thrombolysis of a platelet-rich thrombus in rat mesenteric arteriolesA Rupin
Division of Angiology, Servier Research Institute, Suresnes, France
Thromb Haemost 86:1528-31. 2001To investigate the role of active plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) in the evolution of a microthrombus generated in the arteriolar microcirculation, the monoclonal antibody, 33H1F7, which transforms active PAI-1 to a tissue type ..
- The hexosamine pathway regulates the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene promoter and Sp1 transcriptional activation through protein kinase C-beta I and -deltaHoward J Goldberg
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital and University Health Network, 600 University Avenue, Suite 780, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:33833-41. 2002..cells that both high glucose concentrations and glucosamine activated the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene promoter through the transcription factor, Sp1; and that the glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate ..
- Regulation of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 secretion by growth factors in smooth muscle cellsH K F Lau
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, St Michael s and University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 13:541-9. 2002..bFGF) and platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) could dose-dependently induce plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) secretion from these cells...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 and hypoxia response elements mediate the induction of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene expression by insulin in primary rat hepatocytesThomas Kietzmann
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, Gottingen, Germany
Blood 101:907-14. 2003The expression of the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene is enhanced by insulin both in vivo and in various cell types...
- [A novel function of anti-fibrinolytic factor, PAI-1, in the central nervous system: a possible role as the neurotrophic factor]Takuya Imatoh
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Fukuoka University, Fukuoka 814 0180, Japan
Nihon Yakurigaku Zasshi 120:64P-66P. 2002Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is a serpin that suppresses fibrinolysis by inhibiting the activity of plasminogen activator (PA)...
- The serpin protease-nexin 1 is present in rat aortic smooth muscle cells and is upregulated in L-NAME hypertensive ratsMarie Christine Bouton
Equipe INSERM E9907 and Unité INSERM U460, Faculte Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:142-7. 2003..In this study, we examined the expression of functionally active PN-1 in vitro in rat aortic smooth muscle cells and in vivo in rat arterial media and its regulation in hypertensive rats...
- A plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 promoter polymorphism and idiopathic interstitial pneumoniaKevin K Kim
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0642, USA
Mol Med 9:52-6. 2003..is suppressed in fibrotic lung diseases in part because of increased levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1)...
- Circadian gene expression of clock genes and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in heart and aorta of spontaneously hypertensive and Wistar-Kyoto ratsYoshiro Naito
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Division, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Japan
J Hypertens 21:1107-15. 2003..Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) expression is directly regulated by clock genes, while angiotensin II modulates both PAI-1 and clock gene ..
- Temporal profile of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and inhibitor expression after transient focal cerebral ischemiaGang Zhao
Department of Pediatrics, Queen s University, Rm 6 303, Doran 3, Kingston General Hospital, Kingston, Ontario K7L 2V7, Canada
Neuroreport 14:1689-92. 2003..We determined the changes in tPA and plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) expression in adult rat brain after transient middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusion...
- Cellular carbonyl stress enhances the expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in rat white adipocytes via reactive oxygen species-dependent pathwayYoko Uchida
Department of Pharmacology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, School of Medicine, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:4075-83. 2004..In the present study, we observed that the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) levels in serum and its gene expression in adipose tissue were up-regulated in aged OLETF rats, model animals of ..
- The PAI-1 gene 4G/5G polymorphism and deep vein thrombosis in patients with inherited thrombophiliaMaria Teresa Sartori
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua Medical School, Padua, Italy
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 9:299-307. 2003..Hypofibrinolysis due to excess PAI-1 can be found in patients with deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and 4G/5G polymorphism of the PAI-1 gene may modulate ..
- Genetic polymorphisms associated with thrombophilia and vascular disease in women with unexplained late intrauterine fetal death: a multicenter studyLukas Hefler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vienna University Medical School, Vienna, Austria
J Soc Gynecol Investig 11:42-4. 2004..We determined whether gene polymorphisms associated with thrombophilia and vascular disease as etiologic factors were involved in the pathogenesis of pregnancy-associated complications...
- PAI-1 expression is required for epithelial cell migration in two distinct phases of in vitro wound repairKirwin M Providence
Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Cell Physiol 200:297-308. 2004..Expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 (PAI-1), a serine protease inhibitor (SERPIN) important in the control of barrier proteolysis and cell-to-matrix ..
- Renal synthesis of urokinase type-plasminogen activator, its receptor, and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in diabetic nephropathy in rats: modulation by angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitorMiyazaki Kenichi
The Department of Histology and Cell Biology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
J Lab Clin Med 144:69-77. 2004..In the study reported here we examined the expression of plasminogen-activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), and uPA receptor (uPAR), as well as the relevance of such ..
- Regression of glomerulosclerosis with high-dose angiotensin inhibition is linked to decreased plasminogen activator inhibitor-1Li Jun Ma
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 21st and Garland Avenue, Nashville, TN 37232 2561, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:966-76. 2005..It is concluded that angiotensin inhibition mediates regression in part by effects on matrix modulation...
- Role of c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase in G-protein-coupled receptor agonist-induced cardiac plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 expressionTakashi Omura
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Osaka City University Medical School, 1 4 3 Asahi machi, Abeno Ku, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 38:583-92. 2005Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) has been implicated as a contributing risk factor for cardiovascular disease. However, little is known about molecular mechanisms of cardiac PAI-1 gene expression...
- Dual role for plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 as soluble and as matricellular regulator of epithelial alveolar cell wound healingFrançois Maquerlot
Informatique, Biologie Intégrative et Systèmes Complexes, FRE 2873 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Université d Evry, Genopole, Evry, France
Am J Pathol 169:1624-32. 2006..In addition, the complex formed by uPAR-uPA and matrix-bound plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 (PAI-1) exerts nonproteolytic roles in various cell types...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator and plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 in nonsmall-cell lung cancer: relation to prognosis and angiogenesisBirgitte Vrou Offersen
Department of Experimental Clinical Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Nørrebrogade 44, Bld 5, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Lung Cancer 56:43-50. 2007Urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 (PAI-1) have previously been suggested as prognostic markers in nonsmall-cell lung carcinomas (NSCLC)...
- Aldosterone up-regulates production of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 by renal mesangial cellsJun Yuan
Department of Nephrology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
J Biochem Mol Biol 40:180-8. 2007..II (Ang II) did, by inducing cultured renal mesangial cells to produce plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), and whether these effects were mediated by aldosterone-induced increase in transforming growth factor beta(1) (..
- Renin-stimulated TGF-beta1 expression is regulated by a mitogen-activated protein kinase in mesangial cellsY Huang
Division of Nephrology, Fibrosis Research Laboratory, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
Kidney Int 72:45-52. 2007..This renin-activated pathway triggers cell proliferation along with TGF-beta1 and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene expression. This system may play an important role in the overall profibrotic actions of renin...
- Glucocorticoids activate TGF-beta induced PAI-1 and CTGF expression in rat hepatocytesLucia Wickert
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstr, 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Comp Hepatol 6:5. 2007..In non-parenchymal cells, TGF-beta induces plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) and connective tissue growth factor (CTGF) expression, which are involved in extra cellular ..
- [Effects of losartan on expressions of plasminogen activator and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 of rat proximal tubular epithelial cells cultured with high glucose]Li Jun Pu
Department of Nephrology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 38:813-5. 2007To investigate the effects of high glucose on expressions of plasminogen activator (PA) and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) of rat proximal tubular epithelial cells, and the role of angiotensin II receptor antagonist Losartan.
- Inhibition of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1: its mechanism and effectiveness on coagulation and fibrosisYuko Izuhara
Institute of Medical Sciences, Tokai University, Kanagawa, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:672-7. 2008..For the first time, we apply a new approach of virtual screening to discover novel, orally active, small molecule serpin inhibitors and report their effectiveness...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in obstructive sleep apnea patients with and without hypertensionCarlos Zamarron
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Santiago, Choupana s n, Santiago de Compostela 15706, Spain
Lung 186:151-6. 2008..To test the presence of decreased fibrinolysis, we measured plasma levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) in 96 male subjects (32 subjects with OSAS, 32 subjects with both OSAS and hypertension, and a 32 subjects in ..
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 inhibits smooth muscle cell proliferation in pulmonary arterial hypertensionFotini M Kouri
Department of Medicine II, University of Giessen Lung Center UGLC, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:1872-82. 2008..In this study, we investigated the expression and function of plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1, an inhibitor of the plasminogen activator system and target gene of the transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta1 ..
- Aldosterone and TGF-beta1 synergistically increase PAI-1 and decrease matrix degradation in rat renal mesangial and fibroblast cellsWei Huang
Fibrosis Research Laboratory, Division of Nephrology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 294:F1287-95. 2008..is thought to modulate renal fibrosis, in part, through increasing plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1), a major inhibitor of ECM degradation...
- [Effects of Dahuang Zhechong Pill on expressions of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in rats with glomerulosclerosis]Ji Hong Chen
Department of Nephrology, National Medical Centre for Traditional Chinese Medicine Nephropathy, Jiangsu Provincial Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province 210029, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 6:512-6. 2008..renal disease, and to investigate the effects of DHZCP on the expressions of renal tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) mRNAs in rats with adriamycin-induced glomerulosclerosis.
- Plasmin system regulation in an ovalbumin-induced rat model of asthmaI Kucharewicz
Department of Allergology and Internal Medicine, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 147:190-6. 2008..So far studies showing the role of the plasmin system in airway remodelling have been conducted using in vitro models. The aim of the present study was to determine plasmin system regulation in an in vivo rat model of asthma...
- Shear stress-induced Ets-1 modulates protease inhibitor expression in microvascular endothelial cellsMalgorzata Milkiewicz
School of Kinesiology and Health Science, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cell Physiol 217:502-10. 2008..This response was modulated by ERK1/2 and p38 MAP kinases, but was not dependent on NOS or COX-2 activity. PAI-1, TIMP-1 and TIMP-3 mRNA were elevated significantly in prazosin treated EDL, and in response to shear stimulation ..
- Differential control of MMP and t-PA/PAI-1 expressions by sympathetic and renin-angiotensin systems in rat left ventricleHoucine Dab
Unité de Physiologie Intégrée, Laboratoire de Pathologies Vasculaires, Faculte des Sciences de Bizerte, Tunisia
Auton Neurosci 150:27-32. 2009..The mRNA of the plasminogen activator (t-PA) and its inhibitor (PAI-1), the mRNA, protein and activity of the matrix metalloproteinases MMP-2 and MMP-9 were examined by Q-RT-PCR, ..
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 up-regulation is associated with skeletal muscle atrophy and associated fibrosisJasmin Naderi
Institute of Neuropathology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Am J Pathol 175:763-71. 2009..In contrast, transcript levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) was dramatically increased in atrophic myotubes and microgravity-exposed rat gastrocnemius muscle, while ..
- Recombinant plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 inhibits intimal hyperplasiaJianbo Wu
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri School of Medicine, and Research Service, Harry S Truman Memorial Veterans Affairs Hospital, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:1565-70. 2009Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) overexpression is implicated in vascular disease. However, the effects of a primary increase in PAI-1 expression on arterial remodeling are poorly defined...
- Therapeutic administration of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 prevents hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in newbornsDianer Yang
Division of Developmental Biology and Division of Neurology, Department of Radiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Neurosci 29:8669-74. 2009..we examined the therapeutic effect of intracerebroventricular injection of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) in rat pups subjected to unilateral carotid artery occlusion and systemic hypoxia...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 gene 4G/5G polymorphism in Turkish adult patients with asthmaDidem Cosan
Department of Medical Biology, Medical Faculty, Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Eskisehir, Turkey
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 13:543-6. 2009....
- Mechanisms underlying the antifibrotic properties of noninhibitory PAI-1 (PAI-1R) in experimental nephritisYufeng Huang
Fibrosis Research Laboratory, Division of Nephrology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F1045-54. 2009Administration of a mutant, noninhibitory PAI-1 (PAI-1R), reduces disease in experimental glomerulonephritis...
- Coagulation factors in the airways in moderate and severe asthma and the effect of inhaled steroidsF J H Brims
Respiratory Centre, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust, UK
Thorax 64:1037-43. 2009....
- Prevalence and significance of coagulation abnormalities in community-acquired pneumoniaEric B Milbrandt
The CRISMA Clinical Research, Investigation, and Systems Modeling of Acute Illness Laboratory, Department of Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Mol Med 15:438-45. 2009..We measured plasma coagulation markers (D-dimer, plasminogen activator inhibitor [PAI], antithrombin, factor IX, and thrombin-antithrombin complex [TAT]) at the time of patient presentation to the ..
- Tissue-specific PAI-1 gene expression and glycosylation pattern in insulin-resistant old ratsR Serrano
Atherothrombosis Research, Centre for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 297:R1563-9. 2009Increased levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) have been associated with obesity, aging, insulin resistance, and type 2 diabetes, conditions that contribute to increased cardiovascular risk...
- Elevated PAI-1 is associated with poor clinical outcomes in pediatric patients with acute lung injuryAnil Sapru
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, Box 0106, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Intensive Care Med 36:157-63. 2010..Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is an antifibrinolytic agent that is activated during inflammation...
- Orphan nuclear receptor small heterodimer partner inhibits angiotensin II- stimulated PAI-1 expression in vascular smooth muscle cellsKyeong Min Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
Exp Mol Med 42:21-9. 2010..proliferation and extracellular matrix accumulation through the upregulation of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) expression...
- SPARC suppresses apoptosis of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis fibroblasts through constitutive activation of beta-cateninWenteh Chang
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305 5236, USA
J Biol Chem 285:8196-206. 2010..that IPF fibroblasts constitutively expressed increased basal levels of SPARC, plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), and active beta-catenin compared with control cells...
- Effects of activated protein C on ventilator-induced lung injury in ratsJiunn Song Jiang
Department of Internal Medicine, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital and School of Respiratory Therapy, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Respiration 80:246-53. 2010Mechanical ventilation with a high tidal volume (VT) increases lung and systemic plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1 levels and alveolar fibrin deposition...
- Sleep-disordered breathing and prothrombotic biomarkers: cross-sectional results of the Cleveland Family StudyReena Mehra
Department of Medicine, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:826-33. 2010..Individuals with sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) are at increased cardiovascular risk, possibly due to SDB-related stresses contributing to atherosclerosis...
- Symposium on Retinal/ Choroidal AngiogenesisJohn Penn; Fiscal Year: 2004..J. Donald M. Gass, M.D. has agreed to write an introduction. In this application we request funds to support travel and registration costs of 20 young investigators and 2 keynote speakers. ..
- Bradykinin Receptor Antagonism During Cardiopulmonary BypassMias Pretorius; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies promise to provide important information regarding the effects of drugs that interrupt the RAS and generate new strategies to reduce morbidity in patients undergoing CPB. ..
- Alveolar Epithelium in Acute Lung InjuryLorraine Ware; Fiscal Year: 2005..Combined with a compelling research project, the training will -provide the skills necessary for a successful career in biomedical research. ..
- Phenotype-Genotype Interactions and Type 2 DiabetesJames Meigs; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results will provide a foundation for future laboratory efforts and will increase understanding of phenotype-genotype interactions in diabetes pathogenesis. ..
- Biomarker Profiles in the Diagnosis/Prognosis of ARDSLorraine Ware; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..