Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sctr
Description: secretin receptor
Alias: secretin receptor, SCT-R
- Age-related and regional differences in secretin and secretin receptor mRNA levels in the rat brainJoyce Tay
Repligen Corporation, 41 Seyon Street, Waltham, MA 02453, USA
Neurosci Lett 366:176-81. 2004In the present study expression levels of secretin and secretin receptor mRNAs in several brain regions of rats ranging in age from postnatal days 7 to 60 were investigated by quantitative real-time PCR...
- Calmodulin interacts with the cytoplasmic tails of the parathyroid hormone 1 receptor and a sub-set of class b G-protein coupled receptorsMatthew J Mahon
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Blossom Street, Wellman 501, Boston, MA 02114 2696, USA
FEBS Lett 579:803-7. 2005..The cytoplasmic tails of the secretin receptor and the growth hormone releasing hormone receptor either interact poorly or not at all with calmodulin, ..
- Secretin receptor promotes the proliferation of endocrine tumor cells via the PI3K/AKT pathwayMisu Lee
Institute of Pathology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Mol Endocrinol 26:1394-405. 2012The secretin receptor (SR), a G protein-coupled receptor, mediates the effects of the gastrointestinal hormone secretin on digestion and water homeostasis...
- Molecular cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding the secretin receptorT Ishihara
Osaka Bioscience Institute, Japan
EMBO J 10:1635-41. 1991..A complementary DNA encoding the rat secretin receptor was isolated from a CDM8 expression library of NG108-15 cell line...
- Interaction among four residues distributed through the secretin pharmacophore and a focused region of the secretin receptor amino terminusMaoqing Dong
Center for Basic Research in Digestive Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Mol Endocrinol 16:2490-501. 2002The amino terminus of the secretin receptor (SecR) is known to be critical for natural agonist action, although the role it plays is still unclear...
- Paired cysteine mutagenesis to establish the pattern of disulfide bonds in the functional intact secretin receptorCayle S Lisenbee
Cancer Center and Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
J Biol Chem 280:12330-8. 2005..In the present study, we determined the disulfide bonding pattern of the prototypic class B secretin receptor by applying the same paired cysteine mutagenesis approach and confirming the predicted bonding pattern with ..
- Insights into the structure and molecular basis of ligand docking to the G protein-coupled secretin receptor using charge-modified amino-terminal agonist probesMaoqing Dong
M D Director, Cancer Center Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, 13400 East Shea Boulevard, Johnson Research Building, Scottsdale AZ 85259, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:1821-36. 2005..For the prototypic secretin receptor, the hormone amino terminus is spatially approximated with receptor region high in transmembrane segment 6 (..
- Fluorescence resonance energy transfer analysis of secretin docking to its receptor: mapping distances between residues distributed throughout the ligand pharmacophore and distinct receptor residuesKaleeckal G Harikumar
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, 13400 E Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
J Biol Chem 282:32834-43. 2007..affinity analogues of secretin and distinct residues in each of four extracellular regions of the intact secretin receptor. These 16 distance constraints were utilized along with nine photoaffinity labeling spatial approximation ..
- Spatial approximation between secretin residue five and the third extracellular loop of its receptor provides new insight into the molecular basis of natural agonist bindingMaoqing Dong
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, 13400 East Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Mol Pharmacol 74:413-22. 2008..between residue five of secretin and a residue within the proposed third extracellular loop of the secretin receptor. This was achieved by purification, deglycosylation, cyanogen bromide cleavage, and sequencing of labeled ..
- Importance of each residue within secretin for receptor binding and biological activityMaoqing Dong
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, United States
Biochemistry 50:2983-93. 2011..This could reflect reduced contact with the receptor or an increase in the solvent-accessible surface area of the hydrophobic residues in the carboxyl terminus of secretin as bound to its receptor...
- Molecular basis of secretin docking to its intact receptor using multiple photolabile probes distributed throughout the pharmacophoreMaoqing Dong
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
J Biol Chem 286:23888-99. 2011....