Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Runx1
Description: runt-related transcription factor 1
Alias: Aml1, CBF-alpha-2, Cbfa2, PEA2-alpha, PEBP2-alpha, runt-related transcription factor 1, PEA2-alpha B, PEBP2-alpha B, acute myeloid leukemia 1 protein, core-binding factor runt domain alpha subunit 2 (acute myeloid leukemia 1 oncogene), core-binding factor subunit alpha-2, oncogene AML-1, polyomavirus enhancer-binding protein 2 alpha B subunit
- Sensory neuron differentiation potential of in utero mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in rat fetuses with spina bifida apertaWei Ma
Key Laboratory of Health Ministry for Congenital Malformation, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 103:772-9. 2015..In the present study, we investigated whether the transplanted MSCs had the potential to differentiate into sensory neurons or to protect sensory neurons in the defective spinal cord...
- Transcriptomics of post-stroke angiogenesis in the aged brainAna Maria Buga
Department of Psychiatry, University of Medicine Rostock, Rostock, Germany Center of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Medicine Craiova, Craiova, Romania
Front Aging Neurosci 6:44. 2014..majority of genes involved in sprouting angiogenesis (Angpt2, Angptl4, Cib1, Col8a1, Nrp1, Pcam1, Pttg1ip, Rac2, Runx1, Tnp4, Wnt4); reconstruction of a new BL (Col4a2, Lamc1, Plod2); or tube formation and maturation (Angpt1, Gpc3, ..
- High incidence of biallelic point mutations in the Runt domain of the AML1/PEBP2 alpha B gene in Mo acute myeloid leukemia and in myeloid malignancies with acquired trisomy 21C Preudhomme
Laboratoire d Hematologie A, Hôpital Calmette CHU of Lille, France
Blood 96:2862-9. 2000The AML1 gene, situated in 21q22, is often rearranged in acute leukemias through t(8;21) translocation, t(12;21) translocation, or less often t(3;21) translocation...
- Estrus synchronization and ovarian hyper-stimulation treatments have negligible effects on cumulus oocyte complex gene expression whereas induction of ovulation causes major expression changesCansu Agca
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 80:102-17. 2013..in G + E + H(trt) encode for: proteins that are involved in prostaglandin synthesis (Ptgs2, Pla2g4a, and Runx1) and cholesterol biosynthesis (Hmgcr, Sc4mol, and Dhcr24); receptors that allow cholesterol uptake (Ldlr and ..
- Prognostic relevance of RUNX1 mutations in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaVera Grossmann
MLL Munich Leukemia Laboratory, Max Lebsche Platz 31, 81377 Munich, Germany
Haematologica 96:1874-7. 2011The runt-related transcription factor 1, RUNX1, is crucial in the development of myeloid and lymphoid cell lineages and has been reported to be mutated in myeloid malignancies in approximately 30% of cases...
- Regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 gene transcription by RUNX1 and RUNX2Marie Bertrand-Philippe
Liver Group, Division of Infection, Inflammation, and Repair, University of Southampton Medical School, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:24530-9. 2004..In this study we identify RUNX1 and RUNX2 as UTE-1-binding proteins that are induced at the post-transcriptional level during activation of HSC...
- Loss of Runx1 perturbs adult hematopoiesis and is associated with a myeloproliferative phenotypeJoseph D Growney
Division of Hematology and Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 1 Blackfan Circle, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 106:494-504. 2005Homozygous loss of function of Runx1 (Runt-related transcription factor 1 gene) during murine development results in an embryonic lethal phenotype characterized by a complete lack of definitive hematopoiesis...
- Increased dosage of Runx1/AML1 acts as a positive modulator of myeloid leukemogenesis in BXH2 miceMasatoshi Yanagida
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore
Oncogene 24:4477-85. 2005The RUNX1/AML1 gene on chromosome 21 is most frequently inactivated in human leukemias. In addition, an increased dose of RUNX1 is suggested as a basis for several kinds of leukemias...
- Runx1 deficiency predisposes mice to T-lymphoblastic lymphomaMondira Kundu
Genetics and Molecular Biology Branch and Genetic Diseases Research Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 106:3621-4. 2005Chromosomal rearrangements affecting RUNX1 and CBFB are common in acute leukemias...
- Runt-related transcription factor 1 regulates luteinized hormone-induced prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase 2 expression in rat periovulatory granulosa cellsJing Liu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chandler Medical Center, 800 Rose Street, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
Endocrinology 150:3291-300. 2009Runt-related transcription factor 1 (RUNX1), a transcription factor, is transiently induced by the LH surge and regulates gene expression in periovulatory granulosa cells...
- Overexpression or knock-down of runt-related transcription factor 1 affects BCR-ABL-induced proliferation and migration in vitro and leukemogenesis in vivo in miceLi Jun Yang
Department of Pediatrics, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing 100044, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:331-7. 2009Runt-related transcription factor 1 (Runx1) plays a crucial role in hematogenesis and its dysfunction may contribute to leukemogenesis...
- RUNX1 gene mutation in primary myelodysplastic syndrome--the mutation can be detected early at diagnosis or acquired during disease progression and is associated with poor outcomeChien Yuan Chen
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Br J Haematol 139:405-14. 2007Mutations of Runt-related transcription factor 1 (RUNX1) have been detected in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). However, the prognostic implication of RUNX1 mutations in primary MDS is limited...
- Fetal origins of the TEL-AML1 fusion gene in identical twins with leukemiaA M Ford
Leukaemia Research Fund Centre, Institute of Cancer Research, Chester Beatty Laboratories, 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:4584-8. 1998The TEL (ETV6)-AML1 (CBFA2) gene fusion is the most common reciprocal chromosomal rearrangement in childhood cancer occurring in approximately 25% of the most predominant subtype of leukemia- common acute lymphoblastic leukemia...
- Sox9 expression during fracture repairYuko Shintaku
Department of Orthodontics, Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Cells Tissues Organs 194:38-48. 2011..We also investigated the association between Sox9 induction and mechanical stress and the role of Runx1 expression...
- AML1/RUNX1 mutations in 470 adult patients with de novo acute myeloid leukemia: prognostic implication and interaction with other gene alterationsJih Luh Tang
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Blood 114:5352-61. 2009Somatic mutation of the AML1/RUNX1(RUNX1) gene is seen in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) M0 subtype and in AML transformed from myelodysplastic syndrome, but the impact of this gene mutation on survival in AML patients remains unclear...
- CBFA2(AML1) translocations with novel partner chromosomes in myeloid leukemias: association with prior therapyD Roulston
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, and the Cancer Research Center, The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Blood 92:2879-85. 1998b>CBFA2(AML1) has emerged as a gene critical in hematopoiesis; its protein product forms the DNA-binding subunit of the heterodimeric core-binding factor (CBF) that binds to the transcriptional regulatory regions of genes, some of which ..
- Proviral insertion indicates a dominant oncogenic role for Runx1/AML-1 in T-cell lymphomaSandy Wotton
Molecular Oncology Laboratory, Institute of Comparative Medicine, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 62:7181-5. 2002The RUNX1/AML1 gene is a frequent target for chromosomal translocations in human leukemia. The biological properties of the resulting fusion products and the finding that haploinsufficiency increases the risk of developing leukemia (W-J...
- SLC22A4, RUNX1, and SUMO4 polymorphisms are not associated with rheumatoid arthritis: a case-control study in a Spanish populationGisela Orozco
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina, Granada, Spain
J Rheumatol 33:1235-9. 2006To replicate the association reported in Japanese individuals of functional SLC22A4 and RUNX1 polymorphisms with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and to test the possible role in this trait of a functional variant of the SUMO4 gene that was ..
- Phenotypic switching of nonpeptidergic cutaneous sensory neurons following peripheral nerve injuryTing Wang
School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS ONE 6:e28908. 2011..This switch was correlated with down-regulation of Runt-related transcription factor 1 (Runx1), a transcription factor that controls expression of GFRα2 and TRPV1 during development...
- RUNX transcription factors: association with pediatric asthma and modulated by maternal smokingKathleen J Haley
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, PBB 3, 75 Francis St, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 301:L693-701. 2011..Runt-related transcription factors (RUNX1-3) have critical roles in immune system development and function...
- Prognostic value of AML 1/ETO fusion transcripts in patients with acute myelogenous leukemiaEun Kyung Cho
Department of Internal Medicine, Gachon Medical School, Gil Medical Center, 1198 Guwol dong, Namdong gu, Incheon 405 760, Korea
Korean J Intern Med 18:13-20. 2003The t (8;21) (q22;q22), which produces the fusion gene AML1/ETO, is associated with relatively good prognosis and, in particular, with a good response to cytosine arabinoside...
- Allelic based gene-gene interactions in rheumatoid arthritisJeeSun Jung
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Indiana University School of Medicine, 410 West 10th Street, HITS 5000, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
BMC Proc 3:S76. 2009..SNP rs2900180 on C5 interacts with rs2242720 on RUNX1, which interacts with rs881375 on TRAF1...
- Association of variants within APOE, SORL1, RUNX1, BACE1 and ALDH18A1 with dementia in Alzheimer's disease in subjects with Down syndromeAshok Patel
Department of Biomolecular and Sport Sciences, Coventry University, West Midlands CV1 5FB, UK
Neurosci Lett 487:144-8. 2011..The majority of these variants, however, have not been investigated in subjects with DS...
- No influence of SLC22A4 C6607T and RUNX1 G24658C genotypic variants on the circulating carnitine ester profile in patients with rheumatoid arthritisK Komlosi
Department of Medical Genetics and Child Development, University of Pecs, Pecs, Hungary
Clin Exp Rheumatol 26:61-6. 2008..Similarly, a G24658C transversion in intron 6 of the gene encoding the RUNX1 transcription factor that regulates OCTN1 and also likely OCTN2 expression was also found to confer susceptibility ..
- Runx1 and C/EBPβ transcription factors directly up-regulate P2X3 gene transcriptionGiorgia D Ugarte
Faculty of Biological Sciences, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Universidad de Concepcion, Santiago, Chile
J Cell Physiol 227:1645-52. 2012Recent evidence indicates that transcription factor Runx1 modulates the expression of several phenotypic markers in dorsal root ganglia (DRGs) neurons, including the pain-related P2X3 receptor...
- Replication of reported genetic associations of PADI4, FCRL3, SLC22A4 and RUNX1 genes with rheumatoid arthritis: results of an independent Japanese population and evidence from meta-analysis of East Asian studiesYoichiro Takata
Division of Genetic Information, Institute for Genome Research, The University of Tokushima, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima, Tokushima, 770 8503, Japan
J Hum Genet 53:163-73. 2008..tests for the four selected SNPs (rs2240340/padi4_94, rs7528684/fcrl3_3, rs3792876/slc2F2 and rs2268277/runx1) previously reported to be associated with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Pediatric B-lymphoblastic leukemia with RUNX1 amplification: clinicopathologic study of eight casesKaaren K Reichard
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico, Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Mod Pathol 24:1606-11. 2011..2); bcr-abl1, t(12;21)(p13;q22); etv6-runx1)...
- AML-1A and AML-1B regulation of MIP-1alpha expression in multiple myelomaSun J Choi
Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Blood 101:3778-83. 2003..The data suggest that strategies that enhance AML-1B expression or decrease AML-1A in MM cells may be beneficial therapeutically...
- Runx1 deficiency in CD4+ T cells causes fatal autoimmune inflammatory lung disease due to spontaneous hyperactivation of cellsWon Fen Wong
Department of Molecular Immunology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
J Immunol 188:5408-20. 2012The Runx1 transcription factor is abundantly expressed in naive T cells but rapidly downregulated in activated T cells, suggesting that it plays an important role in a naive stage...
- Transcription of the pain-related TRPV1 gene requires Runx1 and C/EBPβ factorsGiorgia D Ugarte
Center for Biomedical Research, Universidad Andres Bello, Santiago, Chile
J Cell Physiol 228:860-70. 2013..The transcription factor Runx1 is known to play a relevant role in sensory neuron differentiation as it controls the expression of several ..
- Gene profiling of skeletal muscle in an amyotrophic lateral sclerosis mouse modelJose Luis Gonzalez de Aguilar
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U692, Laboratoire de Signalisations Moléculaires et Neurodégénérescence, Strasbourg, France
Physiol Genomics 32:207-18. 2008..g., ALDH3, metallothionein-2, and thioredoxin-1) and regeneration (e.g., BTG1, RB1, and RUNX1) but also tissue degradation (e.g., C/EBPdelta and DDIT4) and cell death (e.g...
- Luteinizing hormone-induced RUNX1 regulates the expression of genes in granulosa cells of rat periovulatory folliclesMisung Jo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chandler Medical Center, 800 Rose Street, Room MS 335, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:2156-72. 2006..The present study determined 1) the localization of RUNX1, a nuclear transcription factor, 2) regulation of Runx1 mRNA expression, and 3) its potential function in rat ..
- Smad transcription factorsJoan Massague
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Genes Dev 19:2783-810. 2005..Our growing understanding of TGFbeta signaling through the Smad pathway provides general principles for how animal cells translate complex inputs into concrete behavior...
- NCAM(CD56) and RUNX1(AML1) are up-regulated in human ischemic cardiomyopathy and a rat model of chronic cardiac ischemiaStefan Gattenlohner
Institute of Pathology, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneiderstrasse 2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Am J Pathol 163:1081-90. 2003..In search of NCAM(CD56)-related transcription factors we found RUNX1(AML1) up-regulation in ICM and detected RUNX1(AML1) binding within the NCAM(CD56) promoter by electromobility ..
- How the Smads regulate transcriptionSarah Ross
Laboratory of Developmental Signalling, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, Lincoln s Inn Fields Laboratories, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:383-408. 2008..In this review we focus on the mechanisms whereby the Smads are modified and regulated. We then go on to discuss how the activated Smad complexes regulate transcription...
- Gene expression profiling of the rat endometriosis modelRyo Konno
Department of Gynecology, Omiya Medical Center Jichi Medical University, Amanuma cho, Omiya, Saitama, Japan
Am J Reprod Immunol 58:330-43. 2007..To investigate the molecular mechanism of endometriosis, gene expression profiling was analyzed in a rat endometriosis model...
- AML1 is expressed in skeletal muscle and is regulated by innervationX Zhu
Biology Department, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139
Mol Cell Biol 14:8051-7. 1994..b>PEBP2 alpha, which is structurally related to AML1 and which also dimerizes with CBF beta, is expressed at low levels in ..
- The function of Runx1 in the ovaryMisung Jo; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The goal of the present proposal is to elucidate the role of Runx1, a nuclear transcription factor, in the ovary...