Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rps6
Description: ribosomal protein S6
Alias: 40S ribosomal protein S6
- Continuous ethanol exposure inhibits agonist-stimulated phosphorylation of p70S6 kinase and ribosomal S6 protein in cultured rat astrocytesThomas L Smith
Research Health Care Group 0 151, Southern Arizona VA Health Care System, Tucson, AZ, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 131:145-8. 2004..In contrast, ethanol exposure had no effect on the protein expression of either p70S6 kinase or S6 protein. Our data suggest that continuous ethanol exposure results in a generalized decrease in agonist-activation of the p70S6 pathway...
- Effects of contraction and insulin on protein synthesis, AMP-activated protein kinase and phosphorylation state of translation factors in rat skeletal muscleLisa Miranda
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, de Duve Institute, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate, 75, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Pflugers Arch 455:1129-40. 2008..stimulated protein synthesis (by 30%) and increased p70 ribosomal protein S6 kinase (p70S6K) Thr389, 40S ribosomal protein S6 (rpS6) Ser235/236, rpS6 Ser240/244 and eukaryotic initiation factor-4E-binding protein-1 (4E-BP1) Thr37/..
- rpS6 regulates blood-testis barrier dynamics through Akt-mediated effects on MMP-9Ka Wai Mok
The Mary M Wohlford Laboratory for Male Contraceptive Research, Center for Biomedical Research, Population Council, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Cell Sci 127:4870-82. 2014..rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) is an emerging regulator of blood-tissue barriers that utilizes ribosomal protein S6 (rpS6) as the downstream signaling molecule...
- Roles of Sestrin2 and Ribosomal Protein S6 in Transient Global Ischemia-Induced Hippocampal Neuronal InjuryYao Chung Chuang
Department of Neurology, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kaohsiung 833, Taiwan
Int J Mol Sci 16:26406-16. 2015..In addition, sestrin2 may also regulate ribosomal protein S6 (RpS6), a molecule important for protein synthesis, through the effect of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) complex ..
- Striatal cholinergic interneurons display activity-related phosphorylation of ribosomal protein S6Jesus Bertran-Gonzalez
Behavioural Neuroscience Laboratory, Brain and Mind Research Institute, The University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e53195. 2012....
- rpS6 Regulates blood-testis barrier dynamics by affecting F-actin organization and protein recruitmentKa Wai Mok
Center for Biomedical Research, Population Council, New York, New York 10065, USA
Endocrinology 153:5036-48. 2012..Herein, we provide evidence that ribosomal protein S6 (rpS6), the downstream signaling molecule of the mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) pathway, is a major ..
- The isolation of eukaryotic ribosomal proteins. The purification and characterization of the 40 S ribosomal subunit proteins S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7, S8, S9, S13, S23/S24, S27, and S28E Collatz
J Biol Chem 251:4666-72. 1976..The molecular weight of the proteins was estimated by polyazrylamide gel electrophoresis in sodium dodecyl sulfate; the amino acid composition was determined...
- Hormonally inducible phosphorylation of a nuclear pool of ribosomal protein S6R Franco
Eukaryotic Regulatory Biology Program, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla 92093
J Biol Chem 265:4321-5. 1990..Our experimental data indicate the existence of a nuclear pool of S6 whose phosphorylation is hormone inducible...
- The primary structure of rat ribosomal protein S6Y L Chan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637
J Biol Chem 263:2891-6. 1988..Rat S6 is homologous to Saccharomyces cerevisiae S10 (the extent of the identity is 75%) and most likely also to Schizosaccharomyces pombe S6...
- Ribosomal proteins S2, S6, S10, S14, S15 and S25 are localized on the surface of mammalian 40 S subunits and stabilize their conformation. A study with immobilized trypsinM J Marion
Laboratoire de Biologie et Technologie des Membranes, CNRS UM 24, Université Claude Bernard de Lyon, Villeurbanne, France
FEBS Lett 232:281-5. 1988....
- Electron microscopic investigations on the location of rat liver ribosomal proteins S3a, S5, S6, S7 and S9 by means of antibody labelingG Lutsch
Biomed Biochim Acta 42:705-23. 1983..Protein S5 could be localized in the head and protein S9 in the body of the 40S subunits. These findings are discussed with regard to the location of functional sites on the 40S ribosomal subunit...
- The mammalian RPS6 gene, homolog of the Drosophila air8 tumor suppressor gene: is it an oncosuppressor gene?F Lecomte
Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Departement de Biologie Moleculaire, Rhode Saint Genese, Belgium
Somat Cell Mol Genet 21:443-50. 1995..We assigned the rat Rps6 gene to chromosome 5q22-33...
- Unique, highly proliferative growth phenotype expressed by embryonic and neointimal smooth muscle cells is driven by constitutive Akt, mTOR, and p70S6K signaling and is actively repressed by PTENPeter M Mourani
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colo 80262, USA
Circulation 109:1299-306. 2004..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the functional role of S6 ribosomal protein (S6RP) and upstream positive and negative regulators in the control of SMC serum-independent growth...
- Critical role of T-loop and H-motif phosphorylation in the regulation of S6 kinase 1 by the tuberous sclerosis complexO Jameel Shah
Molecular and Cellular Biology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 279:20816-23. 2004..These results also highlight the importance of dual control of T-loop and H-motif phosphorylation of S6K1 by the Tsc1-Tsc2 complex...
- Role(s) of nucleoli and phosphorylation of ribosomal protein S6 and/or HSP27 in the regulation of muscle massF Kawano
Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita City, Osaka, Japan
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C35-44. 2007..It was also indicated that such regulation was not necessarily associated with the neural activity...