Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rarb
Description: retinoic acid receptor, beta
Alias: retinoic acid receptor beta
- International Union of Pharmacology. LX. Retinoic acid receptorsPierre Germain
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Université Louis Pasteur, Illkirch, Communaute Urbaine de Strasbourg, France
Pharmacol Rev 58:712-25. 2006..This review summarizes the considerable amount of knowledge generated on these receptors...
- Neuritogenic activity of trichostatin A in adult rat retinal ganglion cells through acetylation of histone H3 lysine 9 and RARβ inductionYoshiki Koriyama
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 124:112-6. 2014..Furthermore, we demonstrated that a histone deacetylase inhibitor, trichostatin A, induced axonal regeneration of adult rat RGCs through RARβ induction. ..
- Neuronal RARβ Signaling Modulates PTEN Activity Directly in Neurons and via Exosome Transfer in Astrocytes to Prevent Glial Scar Formation and Induce Spinal Cord RegenerationMaria B Goncalves
The Wolfson Centre for Age Related Diseases, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1UL, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 35:15731-45. 2015..The dual effect of RARβ signaling, both neuronal and neuronal-glial, results in axonal regeneration into the SC after dorsal root neurotmesis. Targeting this pathway may open new avenues for the treatment of SCIs...
- High dietary fat-induced obesity in Wistar rats and type 2 diabetes in nonobese Goto-Kakizaki rats differentially affect retinol binding protein 4 expression and vitamin A metabolismTomomi Shirai
Department of Applied Biology and Chemistry, Faculty of Applied Bioscience, Tokyo University of Agriculture, 1 1 1 Sakuragaoka, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 156 8502, Japan
Nutr Res 36:262-70. 2016..In particular, our data indicate that renal retinoic acid production might represent an important target for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Study of retinoic acid effect upon retinoic acid receptors beta (RAR-beta) in C6 cultured glioma cellsP Reboul
Laboratoire de Biochimie Générale et Médicale, INSERM CNRS U 189 Faculté de Médecine Lyon Sud, Oullins, France
Biochem Mol Biol Int 36:1097-105. 1995..These results suggest that retinoic acid treatment of C6 cells led to a partial differentiation, the enhancement of the heavy form of RAR-beta being a marker of this phenomenon...
- Regulation of alpha 2(I) collagen expression in stellate cells by retinoic acid and retinoid X receptors through interactions with their cofactorsLan Wang
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 428:92-8. 2004..acid (RA) suppresses alpha 2(I) collagen expression in hepatic stellate cells through the binding of retinoic acid receptor beta (RAR beta) and retinoid X receptor alpha (RXR alpha) to RA response elements (RAREs) in the alpha 2(I) ..
- Vitamin A regulation of gene expression: molecular mechanism of a prototype geneMary M McGrane
Department of Nutritional Sciences, The University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
J Nutr Biochem 18:497-508. 2007....
- Sequential RARbeta and alpha signalling in vivo can induce adult forebrain neural progenitor cells to differentiate into neurons through Shh and FGF signalling pathwaysMaria Beatriz C V Goncalves
The Wolfson Centre for Age Related Diseases, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London, UK
Dev Biol 326:305-13. 2009....
- Dynamic and combinatorial control of gene expression by nuclear retinoic acid receptors (RARs)Cecile Rochette-Egly
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Department of Functional Genomics, INSERM U596, CNRS UMR7104, Universite Louis Pasteur de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Nucl Recept Signal 7:e005. 2009..Here we will review these mechanisms, focusing on how kinase signaling and the proteasome pathway cooperate to influence the dynamics of RAR transcriptional activity...
- Retinoic acid regulates myelin formation in the peripheral nervous systemMaria Jesus Latasa
Department of Endocrine and Nervous System Physiopathology, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Glia 58:1451-64. 2010..At the same time, through a RAR-dependent mechanism, RA downregulates myelin-associated glycoprotein, which also contributes to the dysmyelinating effect of the retinoid...
- Effect of marginal vitamin A deficiency during pregnancy on retinoic acid receptors and N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor expression in the offspring of ratsXuan Zhang
Child Health Care, Children s Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400014, PR China
J Nutr Biochem 22:1112-20. 2011..Our data suggested that vitamin A deficiency in pregnancy may affect the postnatal expression of RARα and NR1, affecting learning and memory function in the hippocampus and synaptic plasticity of the calcium signaling pathway...
- Chromosomal assignment of retinoic acid receptor (RAR) genes in the human, mouse, and rat genomesM G Mattei
INSERM U 242, Hopital d Enfants de la Timone, Centre de Genetique Medicale, Marseille, France
Genomics 10:1061-9. 1991..1:RARA) and 3 (band p24:RARB)...
- Retinoic acid receptors and retinoids are up-regulated in the developing and adult rat prostate by neonatal estrogen exposureGail S Prins
Department of Urology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Endocrinology 143:3628-40. 2002..Thus, we hypothesize that alterations in morphogenesis as well as dysplasia in the adult prostate may be mediated in part through augmentation of transcriptional signals in the retinoid pathway...
- Roles of vitamin A and macula flava in maintaining vocal foldsTomoko Tateya
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 117:65-73. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate the roles of vitamin A in vocal folds...
- ESTROGEN IMPRINTING OF PROSTATE GLAND VIA METHYLATONGail Prins; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Development Estrogenization of the Rat Prostate GlandGail S Prins; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results will further define the mechanisms of estrogen's actions on the prostate gland during early development and lead to a better understanding of the hormonal and developmental basis for abnormal prostate growth with aging...