Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pnoc
Alias: N23K, Npnc1, prepronociceptin, Prepronociceptin (neuropeptide nociceptin) (N23K), neuropeptide nociceptin 1, nociceptin, orphanin FQ
- Blockade of nociceptin/orphanin FQ transmission in rat substantia nigra reverses haloperidol-induced akinesia and normalizes nigral glutamate releaseMatteo Marti
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Section of Pharmacology, Neuroscience Center, University of Ferrera, Ferrera, Italy
J Neurochem 91:1501-4. 2004We recently showed that pharmacological blockade of nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) peptide (NOP) receptors located in the substantia nigra stimulates the nigrostriatal dopaminergic pathway and motor behavior (Marti et al. J. Neurosci...
- Regulation of the prepronociceptin gene and its effect on neuronal differentiationNaunihal T Zaveri
SRI International, Biosciences Division, 333 Ravenswood Ave, LA214A, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Gene 384:27-36. 2006..b>Prepronociceptin (ppN/OFQ) mRNA has been shown to be upregulated by an increase in cAMP, a treatment that leads to ..
- Dopamine-nociceptin/orphanin FQ interactions in the substantia nigra reticulata of hemiparkinsonian rats: involvement of D2/D3 receptors and impact on nigro-thalamic neurons and motor activityMattia Volta
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Section of Pharmacology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Exp Neurol 228:126-37. 2011Nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) peptide (NOP) receptor antagonists proved to be effective in alleviating experimental parkinsonism...
- Isolation and structure of the endogenous agonist of opioid receptor-like ORL1 receptorJ C Meunier
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie et de Toxicologie Fondamentales, CNRS UPR 8221, Toulouse, France
Nature 377:532-5. 1995..Taken together, these data indicate that the newly discovered heptadecapeptide is an endogenous agonist of the ORL1 receptor and that it may be endowed with pro-nociceptive properties...
- Elevated prepronociceptin, nociceptin/orphanin FQ and nocistatin concentrations in rat chronic constriction nerve injury and diabetic neuropathic pain modelsEugene H Liu
Department of Anaesthesia, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University Health System, Singapore Eugene Liu
Neurosci Lett 506:104-6. 2012Nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) and nocistatin are derived from the same precursor peptide, prepronociceptin. N/OFQ and nocistatin have been postulated to participate in pain modulation...
- Expression of orphanin FQ/nociceptin and its receptor in rat peripheral ganglia and spinal cordLina M E Pettersson
Department of Physiological Sciences, Section for Neuroendocrine Cell Biology, BMC F10, Lund University, SE 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Brain Res 945:266-75. 2002Expression of the neuropeptide orphanin FQ/nociceptin (OFQ/N) and its receptor, the opioid receptor-like receptor (ORL1), have been found to have a wide distribution in the central nervous system, and in brain areas involved in sensory ..
- Nociceptin/orphanin FQ-induced inhibition of delayed rectifier potassium currents by calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase type IIYanli Wang
aDepartment of Physiology, College of Basic Medical Sciences, Harbin Medical University Daqing, Daqing bDepartment of Rheumatology and Immunology, First Affiliated Hospital cDepartment of Neurology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, People s Republic of China
Neuroreport 25:1227-31. 2014The neuropeptide nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) has been shown to inhibit delayed rectifier potassium current (IK) in acutely dissociated rat parietal cortical neurons...
- Nociceptin inhibits uterine contractions in term-pregnant rats by signaling through multiple pathwaysA Klukovits
Department of Pharmacodynamics and Biopharmacy, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Biol Reprod 83:36-41. 2010The actions of the endogenous peptide nociceptin (PNOC; previously abbreviated as N/OFQ) on the myometrium have not been investigated previously...
- Immunomodulatory activity of orphanin FQ/nociceptin on traumatic ratsHui Zhao
National Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Department of Neurobiology, Medical College of Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 23:343-8. 2002To explore the neuro-immune modulatory effect of orphanin FQ/nociceptin (OFQ) and opioid receptor like 1 (ORL1) receptor on the traumatic rats.
- Exploring LPS-induced sepsis in rats and mice as a model to study potential protective effects of the nociceptin/orphanin FQ systemRoisin C Thomas
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, Division of Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Management, University of Leicester, Robert Kilpatrick Clinical Sciences Building, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester LE1 5WW, United Kingdom Electronic address
Peptides 61:56-60. 2014The nociceptin receptor (NOP) and its ligand nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) have been shown to exert a modulatory effect on immune cells during sepsis...
- Estradiol negatively modulates the pleiotropic actions of orphanin FQ/nociceptin at proopiomelanocortin synapsesAmanda Borgquist
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA 91766, USA
Neuroendocrinology 98:60-72. 2013b>Orphanin FQ/nociceptin (OFQ/N) inhibits the activity of proopiomelanocortin (POMC) neurons located in the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus (ARH) that regulate female sexual behavior and energy balance...
- Retrodialysis of N/OFQ into the nucleus accumbens shell blocks cocaine-induced increases in extracellular dopamine and locomotor activityJacqueline Vazquez-Derose
SRI International, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 699:200-6. 2013b>Nociceptin (N/OFQ) has been implicated in a variety of neurological disorders, most notably in reward processes and drug abuse. N/OFQ suppresses extracellular dopamine in the nucleus accumbens (NAc) after intracerebroventricular injection...
- Pharmacological blockade or genetic knockout of the NOP receptor potentiates the rewarding effect of morphine in ratsKris Rutten
Grunenthal GmbH, Global Preclinical Research and Development, Department of Pharmacology, Aachen, Germany
Drug Alcohol Depend 114:253-6. 2011The Nociceptin/OrphaninFQ (NOP) system is believed to be involved in drug abuse and addiction...
- [Effects of acute hypobaric hypoxia on spatial learning, memory and its relationship with orphanin FQ of hippocampus in rats]Jian Xiong Lin
Department of Physiology, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 20:11-4. 2004To study the relationship between changes of learning, memory and orphanin FQ (OFQ) in hippocampus of rats in acute hypobaric hypoxia at two different altitude levels of 4 500 m(moderate) and 7 500 m(serious).
- Effects of intraplantar nocistatin and (±)-J 113397 injections on nociceptive behavior in a rat model of inflammationGiovanna M Scoto
Department of Drug Sciences Pharmacology and Toxicology Section, University of Catania, V le A Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 100:639-44. 2012Nocistatin (NST) and Nociceptin/Orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) are derived from the same precursor protein, pre-proN/OFQ, and exert opposite effects on the modulation of pain signals...
- Nociceptin/orphanin FQ blockade of corticotropin-releasing factor-induced gamma-aminobutyric acid release in central amygdala is enhanced after chronic ethanol exposureMaureen T Cruz
Committee on the Neurobiology of Addictive Disorders, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Biol Psychiatry 71:666-76. 2012..Corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) and nociceptin/orphanin FQ (nociceptin) regulate ethanol intake and anxiety-like behavior...
- Increased nociceptive sensitivity and nociceptin/orphanin FQ levels in a rat model of PTSDYong Zhang
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73117, USA
Mol Pain 8:76. 2012..Nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ), an endogenous ligand for the N/OFQ peptide (NOP) receptor, modulates various biological functions in ..
- Immunohistochemical expression and distribution of orexin, orphanin and leptin in the major salivary glands of some mammalsAngelo Leone
Department of Biomedicine and Clinical Neuroscience BioNec, School of Medicine, Univeristy of Palermo, Italy
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 50:504-12. 2012The aim of the study was to determine by immunochemistry the expression of leptin, orexin A and orphanin FQ in the major salivary glands (parotid, submandibular and sublingual) of rat, sheep and cow...
- ORL-1 receptor mediates the action of nociceptin on ascending myenteric reflex pathways in ratsBirol Yüce
Department of Internal Medicine II, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
Gastroenterology 133:574-86. 2007b>Nociceptin is the endogenous agonist of the "orphan" opioid receptor-1 (ORL-1)...
- Nociceptin/orphanin FQ reverses mecamylamine-induced learning and memory impairment as well as decrease in hippocampal acetylcholine release in the ratMasayuki Hiramatsu
Laboratory of Neuropsychopharmacology, Graduate School of Environmental and Human Sciences, Meijo University, 150 Yagotoyama, Tenpaku ku, Nagoya 468 8503, Japan
Brain Res 1195:96-103. 2008Nociceptin/orphanin FQ is an endogenous neuropeptide that plays important roles in several physiological functions including pain, anxiety, locomotion, learning, and memory...
- Acute myocardial ischemia up-regulates nociceptin/orphanin FQ in dorsal root ganglion and spinal cord of ratsZheng Guo
Department of Anesthesiology, Shanxi Medical University, 56 Xinjian Nan Road, Taiyuan 030001, Shanxi, PR China
Neurosci Lett 433:274-8. 2008Nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) possesses modulatory effects on somatic noxious signals in spinal cord, while the potential role in visceral nociception remains elusive...
- Bacterial lipopolysaccharide regulates nociceptin expression in sensory neuronsCristian Acosta
School of Biosciences, Cardiff, United Kingdom
J Neurosci Res 86:1077-86. 2008Nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) is an opioid-related peptide that is markedly up-regulated in sensory neurons in vivo following peripheral inflammation and plays a key role in pain physiology...
- Chronic high-NaCl intake prolongs the cardiorenal responses to central N/OFQ and produces regional changes in the endogenous brain NOP receptor systemRichard D Wainford
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1901 Perdido St, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 296:R280-8. 2009Intracerebroventricular nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) produces cardiovascular depressor, diuretic, and renal sympathoinhibitory responses in conscious rats...
- Nociceptin/orphanin FQ-induced food intake and cocaine amphetamine regulated transcript gene expression in strains derived from rats prone (WOKW) and resistant (Dark Agouti) to metabolic syndromeCarlo Cifani
Department of Experimental Medicine and Public Health, University of Camerino, MC, Italy
Peptides 30:727-34. 2009..A comparable trend was observed with N/OFQ hypothalamic immunostaining. This anomaly may be due to other satiety-related factors involved in N/OFQ-induced feeding...
- Inhibition of serotonin outflow by nociceptin/orphaninFQ in dorsal raphe nucleus slices from normal and stressed rats: Role of corticotropin releasing factorCristiano Nazzaro
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Ferrara, Italy
Neurochem Int 54:378-84. 2009..The effects exerted by two stress-related neuropeptides, corticotropin releasing factor (CRF) and nociceptin/orphaninFQ (N/OFQ), on the outflow of [(3)H]5- hydroxytryptamine were investigated in superfused rat dorsal ..
- Estrogen-dependent, sex-specific modulation of mustard oil-induced secondary thermal hyperalgesia by orphanin FQ in the ratJomo A Claiborne
Department of Neurobiology and Neurotoxicology, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Neurosci Lett 456:59-63. 2009Activation of opioid receptor-like 1 receptor (ORL(1)) by intrathecal administration of orphanin FQ (OFQ), an endogenous ligand for the ORL(1) receptor, has been shown to produce antinociception...
- Receptor mediation and nociceptin inhibition of bradykinin-induced plasma extravasation in the knee joint of the ratKumi Moriyama
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Inflamm Res 58:873-80. 2009..The aim was to investigate the signaling mechanisms and regulation of bradykinin (BK)-induced inflammation in rat knee joint...
- Spinal nociceptin mediates electroacupuncture-related modulation of visceral sympathoexcitatory reflex responses in ratsWei Zhou
Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297:H859-65. 2009..Nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) is an endogenous ligand for a G protein-coupled receptor, called the N/OFQ peptide (NOP) receptor, ..
- Nociceptin/orphanin FQ and NOP receptor gene regulation after acute or repeated social defeat stressMegan K Green
University of Florida, Department of Psychology, Behavioral Neuroscience Program, P O Box 112250, Gainesville, FL 32611 2250, USA
Neuropeptides 43:507-14. 2009..This stress-induced upregulation of NOP receptor gene expression further supports the possibility that disregulation of the N/OFQ-NOP system may contribute to behavioral and hormonal disregulation following stress...
- Swim stress enhances nociceptin/orphanin FQ-induced inhibition of rat dorsal raphe nucleus activity in vivo and in vitro: role of corticotropin releasing factorCristiano Nazzaro
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Section Pharmacology, University of Ferrara, Via Fossato di Mortara 17 19, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Neuropharmacology 58:457-64. 2010The effects of nociceptin/orphanin FQ on putative serotonin (5HT) neurons of the dorsal raphe nucleus (DRN), known to modulate the behavioral responses to stress, were investigated in vivo and in vitro...
- Nociceptin/orphanin FQ peptide in hypothalamic neurones associated with the control of feeding behaviourN Maolood
Department of Neuroscience, The Retzius Laboratory, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Neuroendocrinol 22:75-82. 2010Nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ), an endogenous peptide agonist of the opioid N/OFQ receptor, has been implicated in the regulation of energy balance...
- The role of ERK-1/2 in the N/OFQ-induced inhibition of delayed rectifier potassium currentsWei Wang
Laboratory of Neural Electrophysiology, Department of Physiology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150081, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 394:1058-62. 2010Nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) is an endogenous opioid-like heptadecapeptide involved in many neurocognitive functions, including learning and memory...
- Central nociceptin/orphanin FQ system elevates food consumption by both increasing energy intake and reducing aversive responsivenessPawel K Olszewski
Minnesota Obesity Center, Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 299:R655-63. 2010Nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ), the nociceptin opioid peptide (NOP) receptor ligand, increases feeding when injected centrally. Initial data suggest that N/OFQ blocks the development of a conditioned taste aversion (CTA)...
- GIRK channel-mediated inhibition of melanin-concentrating hormone neurons by nociceptin/orphanin FQMatthew P Parsons
Division of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University, 300 Prince Philip Dr, St John s, NL, Canada
J Neurophysiol 105:1179-84. 2011..The present study investigated the cellular effects of nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ), an endogenous opioid with anxiolytic and antireward properties, on MCH neurons...
- Nociceptin in rVLM mediates electroacupuncture inhibition of cardiovascular reflex excitatory response in ratsMelissa M Crisostomo
Medical Science 1, C240, College of Medicine, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 4075, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 98:2056-63. 2005..Because nociceptin also may regulate cardiovascular activity through its action in the brain stem, we hypothesized that this ..
- Structure, tissue distribution, and chromosomal localization of the prepronociceptin geneC Mollereau
Institut de Pharmacologie et de Biologie Structurale, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Toulouse, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:8666-70. 1996..Nociceptin is derived from a larger precursor, prepronociceptin (PPNOC), whose human, mouse, and rat genes we have now isolated...
- Primary structure and tissue distribution of the orphanin FQ precursorH P Nothacker
Central Nervous System Research, Pharma Division, Hoffmann La Roche AG, Basel, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:8677-82. 1996The heptadecapeptide orphanin FQ (OFQ) is a recently discovered neuropeptide that exhibits structural features reminiscent of the opioid peptides and that is an endogenous ligand to a G protein-coupled receptor sequentially related to ..
- Possible mechanism of hypothermia induced by intracerebroventricular injection of orphanin FQ/nociceptinX Chen
Department of Pharmacology, Temple University School of Medicine, 3420 N Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Brain Res 904:252-8. 2001Orphanin/nociceptin (OFQ/N), a 17-amino-acid peptide, is an endogenous peptide, the receptor for which is similar to mu-, delta- and kappa-opioid receptors ( approximately 65% homology)...
- Antioscillatory effects of nociceptin/orphanin FQ in synaptic networks of the rat thalamusSusanne Meis
Institut fur Physiologie, Otto von Guericke Universitat, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
J Neurosci 22:718-27. 2002Postsynaptic and presynaptic effects of nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ), the endogenous ligand of the opioid-like orphan receptor, were investigated in an in vitro slice preparation of the rat thalamic reticular nucleus (NRT) and ..
- Effects of maternal separation on brain nociceptin/orphanin FQ peptide levels in male Wistar ratsKarolina Ploj
Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Division of Pharmacology, Box 591, Uppsala University, SE 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 73:123-9. 2002..investigated the long-term effects of daily maternal separation, Days 1-21, on brain immunoreactive nociceptin/orphanin FQ (ir-N/OFQ) levels in male Wistar rats...
- Inflammatory mediators increase the expression of nociceptin/orphanin FQ in rat astrocytes in cultureBeata Buzas
Department of Pharmacology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Glia 39:237-46. 2002..We report the profound upregulation of the opioid-related nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) by inflammatory mediators in astrocytes...
- Regulation of nociceptin/orphanin FQ gene expression in astrocytes by ceramideBeata Buzas
Department of Pharmacology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Neuroreport 13:1707-10. 2002..Since these stimuli dramatically increase nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) gene expression in astrocytes we evaluated the regulation of N/OFQ by ceramide and the signaling ..
- Mechanical stimulation activates small fiber mediated nociceptive responses in the nucleus gigantocellularisTomonari Nagata
Department of Anesthesiology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Brain Res 149:505-11. 2003We characterized nociceptive discharges induced by mechanical stimulation and the modulating effects of orphanin FQ on noxious responses in the rat brain stem gigantocellular reticular nucleus (Gi)...
- Relationship of pronociceptin/orphanin FQ and the nociceptin receptor ORL1 with substance P and calcitonin gene-related peptide expression in dorsal root ganglion of the ratJoanna Mika
Department of Molecular Neuroscience, Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Philipps University, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Neurosci Lett 348:190-4. 2003Recent evidence suggests a role of prepronociceptin/orphanin FQ (preproN/OFQ) derived neuropeptides in nociceptive signaling...
- The bed nucleus is a neuroanatomical substrate for the anorectic effect of corticotropin-releasing factor and for its reversal by nociceptin/orphanin FQRoberto Ciccocioppo
Department of Pharmacological Sciences and Experimental Medicine, University of Camerino, 62032 Camerino, Italy
J Neurosci 23:9445-51. 2003Nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ), the endogenous ligand of the opioid N/OFQ receptor (NOP), possesses marked functional anti-stress and anti-corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) actions...
- Attenuation of ethanol self-administration and of conditioned reinstatement of alcohol-seeking behaviour by the antiopioid peptide nociceptin/orphanin FQ in alcohol-preferring ratsRoberto Ciccocioppo
Department of Pharmacological Sciences and Experimental Medicine, University of Camerino, Via Scalzino 3, 62032 Camerino, Italy
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 172:170-8. 2004Nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ), the endogenous ligand of the opioid-like orphan receptor NOP, was shown to reduce home-cage ethanol consumption, ethanol-induced conditioned place preference and stress-induced reinstatement of alcohol-..
- Blockade of nociceptin/orphanin FQ receptor signaling in rat substantia nigra pars reticulata stimulates nigrostriatal dopaminergic transmission and motor behaviorMatteo Marti
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Section of Pharmacology, and Neuroscience Center, University of Ferrara, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
J Neurosci 24:6659-66. 2004A multidisciplinary approach was followed to investigate whether the opioid-like peptide nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) regulates the nigrostriatal dopaminergic pathway and motor behavior...
- Proinflammatory and vasodilator effects of nociceptin/orphanin FQ in the rat mesenteric microcirculation are mediated by histamineZoe L S Brookes
University of Sheffield, Academic Anaesthesia Unit and Microcirculation Research Group, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield S10 2JF, UK
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H2977-85. 2007Nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) is the endogenous ligand for the N/OFQ peptide receptor (NOP). N/OFQ causes hypotension and vasodilation, and we aimed to determine the role of histamine in inflammatory microvascular responses to N/OFQ...
- Hypothalamic cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript (CART) and agouti-related protein (AgRP) neurons coexpress the NOP1 receptor and nociceptin alters CART and AgRP releaseGavin A Bewick
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Division of Investigative Science, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 146:3526-34. 2005Nociceptin or orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) and its receptor NOP1 are expressed in hypothalamic nuclei involved in energy homeostasis...
- Peripheral mechanisms involved in gastric mucosal protection by intracerebroventricular and intraperitoneal nociceptin in ratsCarlo Polidori
Department of Experimental Medicine and Public Health, University of Camerino, Italy
Endocrinology 146:3861-7. 2005b>Nociceptin (N/OFQ) exerts multiple effects in the gastrointestinal tract after central or peripheral administration. In the present study, we examined the possible peripheral mechanisms mediating gastric protection by N/OFQ in rats...
- Functional interaction between nociceptin/orphanin FQ and alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone in the regulation of feedingEric M Bomberg
Minnesota Obesity Center, VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Peptides 27:1827-34. 2006Nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ), an endogenous agonist of the opioid N/OFQ (NOP) receptor, increases food intake when administered centrally...
- Orphanin FQ/nociceptin is a physiological regulator of prolactin secretion in female ratsMatthew Chesterfield
Center for Neuroscience, Department of Zoology, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056, USA
Endocrinology 147:5087-93. 2006b>Orphanin FQ/nociceptin (OFQ/N), the most recently identified endogenous opioid peptide, stimulates prolactin secretion in both male and female rats...
- Immunolocalization of orphanin FQ in rat cochleaSoochuen T Kho
Surgery Department, Division of Head and Neck Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Brain Res 1113:146-52. 2006b>Orphanin FQ/nociceptin (OFQ/N) and its receptor (ORL-1) have been proposed to play a role in the regulation of hearing. In this study, we investigate the localization of OFQ/N-like immunoreactivity in the mammalian cochlea...
- Orphanin FQ/nociceptin interacts with the basolateral amygdala noradrenergic system in memory consolidationBenno Roozendaal
Center for the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory and Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 3800, USA
Learn Mem 14:29-35. 2007..As the BLA also expresses a high density of receptors for orphanin FQ/nociceptin (OFQ/N), an opioid-like peptide with anxiolytic and amnestic properties, the present experiments ..
- Release of orphanin FQ/nociceptin in the medial preoptic nucleus and ventromedial nucleus of the hypothalamus facilitates lordosisKevin Sinchak
Department of Neurobiology, Mental Retardation Research Center and Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, Brain Research Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1763, USA
Horm Behav 51:406-12. 2007..the role of opioid receptor-like 1 receptor (NOP; also referred to as ORL-1 and OP4) and its endogenous ligand orphanin FQ/nociceptin (OFQ/N) have received less attention despite their extensive distribution throughout nuclei of the ..
- Effects of PKC on inhibition of delayed rectifier potassium currents by N/OFQLihui Qu
Laboratory of Neural Electrophysiology, Department of Physiology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150081, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 356:582-6. 2007Nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ) is the endogenous ligand for the opioid receptor-like-1 (ORL-1) orphan receptor, which is responsible for inhibition of delayed rectifier potassium current (I(K))...
- Chronic cocaine produces decreases in N/OFQ peptide levels in select rat brain regionsPatrizia Romualdi
Department of Pharmacology, University of Bologna, 40126 Bologna, Italy
J Mol Neurosci 31:159-64. 2007..b>Nociceptin/orphaninFQ (N/OFQ), the endogenous agonist at NOP receptors, attenuates the behavioral effects of cocaine...
- Changes in expression of nociceptin/orphanin FQ and its receptor in spinal dorsal horn during electroacupuncture treatment for peripheral inflammatory pain in ratsXin Fu
Institute of Acupuncture Research, Institutes of Brain Science, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Peptides 28:1220-8. 2007The neuropeptide nociceptin/orphanin FQ (N/OFQ), the endogenous agonist of the N/OFQ peptide receptor (NOP receptor), has been demonstrated to be involved in many physiological and pathological functions including pain modulation...
- Nociceptin/orphanin FQ decreases serotonin efflux in the rat brain but in contrast to a kappa-opioid has no antagonistic effect on mu-opioid-induced increases in serotonin effluxR Tao
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Florida Atlantic University, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
Neuroscience 147:106-16. 2007Similar to kappa-opioids, nociceptin/orphanin FQ (OFQ) exerts anti-mu-opioid actions...
- Role of hypothalamus nociceptin/orphanin FQ in pre-ovulatory luteinizing hormone surge of estrogen and progesterone-primed, ovariectomized ratsXiao Fei An
Department of Endocrinology, Jiangsu Province Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 28:1189-97. 2007To investigate the role of hypothalamus nociceptin/orphanin FQ (OFQ) and its endogenous receptor, the opioid receptor-like1 receptor (ORL1 receptor) in the estrus cycle of female rats.
- Opioids & plasticity in regulation of serotonin releaseRui Tao; Fiscal Year: 2004....