Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Plaur
Description: plasminogen activator, urokinase receptor
Alias: Par, Plaur3, uPAR, uPAR-2, uPAR-3, urokinase plasminogen activator surface receptor, U-PAR, plasminogen activator urokinase receptor 3, urinary plasminogen activator receptor 2, urinary plasminogen activator receptor 3, urokinase plasminogen activator receptor
- Predicting mortality in patients with systemic inflammatory response syndrome: an evaluation of two prognostic models, two soluble receptors, and a macrophage migration inhibitory factorK Kofoed
Clinical Research Centre and Department of Infectious Diseases, Copenhagen University Hospital, Hvidovre, Kettegaard Alle 30, 2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 27:375-83. 2008....
- Plasma level of soluble urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor as a predictor of disease severity and case fatality in patients with bacteraemia: a prospective cohort studyR Huttunen
Department of Internal Medicine, Tampere University Hospital, University of Tampere Medical School, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
J Intern Med 270:32-40. 2011Urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) is expressed on a variety of different immune cells and vascular endothelial cells during inflammation...
- Can early myocardial infarction-related deaths be diagnosed using postmortem urotensin receptor expression levels?Mustafa Talip Sener
Department of Forensic Medicine, Ataturk University School of Medicine, 25240, Erzurum, Turkey
Forensic Sci Med Pathol 10:395-400. 2014..In this study, changes in the level of the mRNA for the urotensin receptor (UR) were investigated postmortem to determine the suitability of UR as a biomarker for diagnosis of early MI after death...
- Rapamycin promotes podocyte migration through the up-regulation of urokinase receptorM J Wu
Division of Nephrology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan School of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taiwan Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Science, School of Medicine, China Medical University, Taiwan Institute of Biomedical Science, National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan Department of Life Science, Tunghai University, Taiwan Electronic address
Transplant Proc 46:1226-8. 2014..However, induction of urokinase receptor (uPAR) signaling in podocytes leads to foot process effacement and urinary protein...
- Circulating soluble urokinase plasminogen activator is elevated in patients with chronic liver disease, discriminates stage and aetiology of cirrhosis and predicts prognosisHenning W Zimmermann
Department of Medicine, RWTH University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Liver Int 32:500-9. 2012..Interactions between urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and its receptor (uPAR) have been functionally linked to hepatic inflammation and fibrosis in mice...
- Immune parameters as markers of tuberculosis extent of disease and early prediction of anti-tuberculosis chemotherapy responseJoel Fleury Djoba Siawaya
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Division of Molecular Biology and Human Genetics, Faculty of Health Sciences, Stellenbosch University, Cape Town, Western Cape, 7505 South Africa
J Infect 56:340-7. 2008..C-reactive protein (CRP), soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (sICAM-1), soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (suPAR), soluble lymphocyte activation gene-3 (sLAG-3), granzyme B, soluble tumour necrosis ..
- [Effect of amiloride on the pathology of a rat model of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]Xiu di Han
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 30:363-7. 2007....
- Microglia and the urokinase plasminogen activator receptor/uPA system in innate brain inflammationOrla Cunningham
FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, 20139 Milan, Italy
Glia 57:1802-14. 2009The urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) receptor (uPAR) is a GPI-linked cell surface protein that facilitates focused plasmin proteolytic activity at the cell surface...
- Toxoplasma gondii pneumonitis in patients infected with the human immunodeficiency virusL M Schnapp
Medical Service, San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center, University of California 94110
Arch Intern Med 152:1073-7. 1992..Toxoplasma gondii must be considered a potential cause of pulmonary disease during the evaluation of human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients with respiratory symptoms...
- Blood chemistry markers for evaluation of inflammatory activity in Crohn's disease during infliximab therapyMaria H Lönnkvist
Department of Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 46:420-7. 2011..markers (high sensitive C-reactive protein [hs-CRP], calprotectin, total nitrite, soluble urokinase Plasminogen Activator Receptor [suPAR], ghrelin and endothelin) are investigated to study inflammatory activity and correlation ..
- Soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor in plasma is associated with incidence of CVD. Results from the Malmö Diet and Cancer StudyM Persson
Department of Clinical Sciences Medicine, Malmo, Lund University, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 220:502-5. 2012Soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (suPAR) is a highly sensitive marker that reflects increased inflammation and is positively correlated with pro-inflammatory biomarkers...
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR)-mediated regulation of WNT/β-catenin signaling is enhanced in irradiated medulloblastoma cellsSwapna Asuthkar
Departments of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Peoria, Illinois 61605, USA
J Biol Chem 287:20576-89. 2012b>Urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) is known to promote invasion, migration, and metastasis in cancer cells...
- Soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor as a useful biomarker to predict the response to adalimumab in patients with rheumatoid arthritis in a Japanese populationTomohiro Koga
Unit of Translational Medicine, Department of Immunology and Rheumatology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Clin Exp Rheumatol 29:811-5. 2011To determine whether soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor is a useful biomarker to predict the response to adalimumab (ADA) in Japanese patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
- The immune marker soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor is associated with new-onset diabetes in non-smoking women and menS B Haugaard
Clinical Research Centre, Copenhagen University, Denmark
Diabet Med 29:479-87. 2012To explore the putative association of new-onset diabetes and the soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (suPAR), which is a new and stable plasma marker of immune function and low-grade inflammation...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator receptor-deficient mice demonstrate reduced hyperoxia-induced lung injuryMarieke A D van Zoelen
Center for Experimental and Molecular Medicine CEMM, G2 130, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam
Am J Pathol 174:2182-9. 2009..Hyperoxia-induced lung injury is characterized by neutrophil infiltration into the lungs. The urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) has been deemed important for leukocyte trafficking...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator, uPAR, MMP-2, and MMP-9 in the C6-glioblastoma rat modelPatrick J Schuler
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstr 55, 45147 Essen, Germany
In Vivo 26:571-6. 2012..In glioblastoma multiforme (GBM), the serine protease urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA), and matrix metalloproteases (MMP-2/MMP-9) contribute to its invasive growth pattern, which is the major obstacle to successful surgical treatment...
- Hyperfibrinolysis, uPA/suPAR system, kynurenines, and the prevalence of cardiovascular disease in patients with chronic renal failure on conservative treatmentKrystyna Pawlak
Department of Monitored Pharmacotherapy, Medical University, Bialystok, Poland
Am J Med Sci 339:5-9. 2010..However, no data are yet available on the associations between these 2 systems in relation to CVD prevalence in patients with chronic renal failure (CRF)...
- Renal urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) receptor but not uPA deficiency strongly attenuates ischemia reperfusion injury and acute kidney allograft rejectionFaikah Gueler
Department of Nephrology, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
J Immunol 181:1179-89. 2008..processes highly regulated by the urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its specific receptor (uPAR). Recently, up-regulation of uPA and uPAR has been shown to correlate with allograft rejection in human biopsies...
- Differential roles of uPAR in peritoneal ovarian carcinomatosisNada N Al-Hassan
Department of Urology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Neoplasia 14:259-70. 2012..b>Urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) is a multifunctional receptor involved in a myriad of tumor cell processes...
- The Prognostic Value of suPAR Compared to Other Inflammatory Markers in Patients with Severe SepsisAnna Gustafsson
Department of Biomedical Science, Malmo University, Malmo, Sweden
Biomark Insights 7:39-44. 2012..The weak correlation between suPAR and other inflammatory markers might suggest that suPAR reflects general activation of the immune system rather than exerting inflammatory actions...
- Elevated soluble urokinase receptor values in CSF, age and bacterial meningitis infection are independent and additive risk factors of fatal outcomeG Tzanakaki
National Meningitis Reference Laboratory, National School of Public Health, 196, Alexandras Avenue, Athens, Greece
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 31:1157-62. 2012..7, 95% CI 10.6-690.2) with both sensitivity and specificity being equal to the value of 0.9. In conclusion, suPAR, age and type of infection have an additive effect in predicting mortality among patients suspected of meningitis...
- Soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (suPAR) levels in healthy pregnancy and preeclampsiaGergely Toldi
First Department of Pediatrics, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Clin Chem Lab Med 49:1873-6. 2011..Soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (suPAR) is a biomarker increasingly used for the monitoring of systemic inflammation...
- The expression of fibrinolytic components in chronic paranasal sinus diseaseTakayuki Sejima
Upper Airway Research Laboratory, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Am J Rhinol Allergy 25:1-6. 2011..To clarify the relationship between these components and the pathology of CRS, we analyzed fibrinolytic components in sinonasal mucosa of CRS...
- Plasminogen activator promotes recovery following spinal cord injuryNICHOLAS SEEDS
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, and Neuroscience Program, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Cell Mol Neurobiol 31:961-7. 2011..As shown here uPA acts in a cell signaling manner via binding to its receptor uPAR rather than as a protease, since uPAR knockout mice or knock-in mice possessing a modified uPA that is unable to ..
- Soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (suPAR) is associated with metabolic changes in HIV-1-infected Africans: a prospective studyCarla M T Fourie
Hypertension in Africa Research Team HART, School for Physiology, Nutrition and Consumer Sciences, North West University Potchefstroom Campus, Private Bag X6001, Potchefstroom, 2520, South Africa
Inflammation 35:221-9. 2012Soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (suPAR) is associated with inflammation and may predict lipodystrophy and dysmetabolism in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected individuals on antiretroviral therapy...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator receptor in adipose tissue macrophages of morbidly obese subjectsRaffaella Cancello
Inserm U872, CRC Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, CHRU Pitié Salpétrière, Service de Nutrition, Paris, France
Obes Facts 4:17-25. 2011..We previously identified, by a pangenomic approach (microarrays), the urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (PLAUR or CD87) as a potential marker of subcutaneous adipose tissue macrophage infiltration (ATM)...
- In vivo fluorescence-mediated tomography for quantification of urokinase receptor-dependent leukocyte trafficking in inflammationJan Larmann
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Anesthesiology 113:610-8. 2010..Leukocyte recruitment critically depends on the urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (u-PAR). We here use a novel technique to longitudinally quantify cell trafficking in inflammatory models in live animals.
- Urokinase receptor is necessary for bacterial defense against pneumonia-derived septic melioidosis by facilitating phagocytosisW Joost Wiersinga
Center for Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 184:3079-86. 2010Urokinase receptor (urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor [uPAR], CD87), a GPI-anchored protein, is considered to play an important role in inflammation and fibrinolysis...
- Urine suPAR levels compared with plasma suPAR levels as predictors of post-consultation mortality risk among individuals assumed to be TB-negative: a prospective cohort studyPaulo Rabna
Bandim Health Project, INDEPTH Network, Apartado 861, Bissau Codex, Guinea Bissau
Inflammation 33:374-80. 2010..75. For HIV-negative individuals, little or no prognostic effect was observed. However, in both HIV positives and negatives, the predictive effect of U-suPAR was found to be inferior to that of P-suPAR...
- Initial brain lesion size affects the extent of subsequent pathophysiological responsesNobuo Nagai
Department of Physiology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Japan
Brain Res 1322:109-17. 2010..Furthermore, we found that, smaller lesions in mice lacking gene of urokinase-receptor (uPAR(-/-)) than wild type (uPAR(+/+)) mice on day 3 showed less reduction until day 7 in MCA-O model, whereas lesions ..
- Evaluation of plasma urokinase-type plasminogen activator and urokinase-type plasminogen-activator receptor in patients with acute and chronic hepatitis BHuanqin Zhou
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Zhejiang Hospital, Hangzhou 310013, China
Thromb Res 123:537-42. 2009Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) are known to be important factors in the pathogenesis of tumors and certain non-viral inflammatory diseases...
- The urokinase receptor (uPAR) facilitates clearance of Borrelia burgdorferiJoppe W R Hovius
Center for Experimental and Molecular Medicine CEMM, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, AMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000447. 2009..borreliosis, the spirochete Borrelia burgdorferi, has been shown to induce expression of the urokinase receptor (uPAR); however, the role of uPAR in the immune response against Borrelia has never been investigated...
- The receptor for the plasminogen activator of urokinase type is up-regulated in transformed rat thyroid cellsP Ragno
Centro di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Naples, Italy
FEBS Lett 306:193-8. 1992..membrane-bound uPA by treating the cells with phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C, suggesting that rat uPAR, like its human counterpart, is linked to the membrane by a glucosyl-phosphatidylinositol anchor...
- Isolation and characterization of multiple isoforms of the rat urokinase receptor in osteoblastsS A Rabbani
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
FEBS Lett 338:69-74. 1994A rat urokinase receptor (uPAR) cDNA fragment was amplified by RT-PCR from RNA of the rat osteoblastic cell line CFK-1. Using this DNA species as a hybridization probe two rat uPAR cDNAs were isolated from a CFK-1 cDNA library...
- The potential molecular mechanism of overexpression of uPA, IL-8, MMP-7 and MMP-9 induced by TRAIL in pancreatic cancer cellDong Hui Zhou
Department of Oncology, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 7:201-9. 2008..The purpose of this study was to find out if TRAIL could induce the expression of uPA, IL-8, MMP-7 and MMP-9.and to explore the corresponding potential signaling transduction pathway in pancreatic cancer cells...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator amino-terminal peptides inhibit development of the rat ventral prostateF Elfman
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Differentiation 69:108-20. 2001The plasma membrane urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) localizes and enhances activation of pro-uPA. Active uPA, in turn, promotes increased degradation of the extracellular matrix (ECM) by activation of plasminogen...
- Expression pattern of the urokinase-plasminogen activator system in rat DS-sarcoma: role of oxygenation status and tumour sizeM Weinmann
Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology, University of Mainz, 55099 Mainz, Germany
Br J Cancer 86:1355-61. 2002..This may indicate that the serum level of plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 is not a reliable surrogate marker of tumour hypoxia...
- Decreased expression of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) and urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) is associated with tumor cell spreading in vivoAna C Donadio
Departamento de Bioquimica Clinica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Ciudad Universitaria, Pabellón Argentina ala I subsuelo, CP 5000, Cordoba, Argentina
Clin Exp Metastasis 19:437-44. 2002..1 +/- 8.7%) and urokinase-type plaminogen activator receptor (uPAR, 51.2 +/- 5.2%) positive cells, while a weak expression of MHC class II (IA, 2.2 +/- 0.2% and IE, 17.4 +/- 3...
- Urokinase receptor surface expression regulates monocyte adhesion in acute myocardial infarctionAndreas E May
Medizinische Klinik des Klinikums Rechts der Isar und Deutsches Herzzentrum, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Blood 100:3611-7. 2002The urokinase receptor (urokinase plasminogen activator receptor; uPAR) regulates monocyte adhesion by direct binding to vitronectin and by forming complexes with integrins...
- Expression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator and its receptor is up-regulated during tendon healingWei Xia
Orthopaedic Research Institute, The St George Hospital, University of New South Wales, Kogarah, Sydney, NSW 2217, Australia
J Orthop Res 21:819-25. 2003..We used a rat Achilles tendon model to study mRNA and protein expression of uPA and its receptor (uPAR) during tendon healing using immunohistochemical, Northern and Western blot analyses...
- Gene expression changes of urokinase plasminogen activator and urokinase receptor in rat testes at postnatal stagesDong hui Huang
Family Planning Research Institute, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Asian J Androl 9:679-83. 2007To investigate the gene expression changes of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA)/urokinase receptor (uPAR) in rat testes at postnatal stages and explore the effects of uPA/uPAR system on the rat spermatogenesis.
- Domain 2 of the urokinase receptor contains an integrin-interacting epitope with intrinsic signaling activity: generation of a new integrin inhibitorBernard Degryse
Department of Molecular Biology and Functional Genomics, DIBIT, Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milan, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:24792-803. 2005We investigated the interaction between the urokinase receptor (uPAR) and the integrin alphavbeta3. Vitronectin (VN) induces cell migration by binding to alphavbeta3, but expression of the uPAR boosts its efficacy...
- Expression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor is increased during epileptogenesis in the rat hippocampusL Lahtinen
Epilepsy Research Laboratory, A I Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Kuopio, PO Box 1627, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Neuroscience 163:316-28. 2009Urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) is functionally a pleiotropic mediator involved in cell adhesion, proliferation, differentiation and migration as well as in matrix degradation, apoptosis, and angiogenesis in cancer ..
- Renal synthesis of urokinase type-plasminogen activator, its receptor, and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in diabetic nephropathy in rats: modulation by angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitorMiyazaki Kenichi
The Department of Histology and Cell Biology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
J Lab Clin Med 144:69-77. 2004..of plasminogen-activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), and uPA receptor (uPAR), as well as the relevance of such expression to the production of type IV collagen, a major component of ..
- Clinical significance of urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) expression in cancerCharles Edo de Bock
Orthopaedic Research Institute, St George Hospital, University of New South Wales, Kogarah, Sydney, NSW 2217, Australia
Med Res Rev 24:13-39. 2004..The molecular role of the uPA receptor (uPAR) is well characterized with its participation in cell migration and extracellular matrix (ECM) degradation...
- Pericellular proteolysis by leukocytes and tumor cells on substrates: focal activation and the role of urokinase-type plasminogen activatorAndrei L Kindzelskii
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences and Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Histochem Cell Biol 121:299-310. 2004Previous studies have shown that the urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) is localized to the adherence sites of leukocytes and tumor cells suggesting that pericellular proteolysis may accompany focal activation of ..
- uPA, uPAR and TGFβ₁ expression during early and late post myocardial infarction period in rat myocardiumAnastasia Stavropoulou
Department of Experimental Physiology, Medical School, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, 75 Micras Asias, Goudi Athens 11527, Greece
In Vivo 24:647-52. 2010..of transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGFβ₁), urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and uPA receptor (uPAR) were analysed after artery ligation-induced myocardial infarction (MI) in the rat myocardium...
- Messenger RNA profiles in liver injury and stress: a comparison of lethal and nonlethal rat modelsNiels Tygstrup
Liver Unit, Laboratory of Hepatology, Rigshospitalet 2151, 9 Blegdamsvej, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 290:518-25. 2002..Simultaneously, the processes required for the integrity of its own structure and function are maintained as a result of regulated expression of the genes that produce the proteins needed to perform both set of functions...