Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pgr
Description: progesterone receptor
Alias: progesterone receptor, nuclear receptor subfamily 3 group C member 3
- Progestin activation of nongenomic pathways via cross talk of progesterone receptor with estrogen receptor beta induces proliferation of endometrial stromal cellsGriselda Vallejo
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental IByME CONICET, Obligado 2490, 1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mol Endocrinol 19:3023-37. 2005..response of UIII rat uterine stromal cells to a short treatment with progestins requires active progesterone receptor (PR) and estrogen receptor beta (ERbeta) as well as a rapid and transient activation of Erk1-2 and Akt ..
- Estrogen receptors α and β have different roles in the induction and trafficking of progesterone receptors in hypothalamic ventromedial neuronsSusana I Sá
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, Portugal Center of Experimental Morphology CME, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, Portugal Center for Health Technology and Services Research CINTESIS, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, Portugal
FEBS J 282:1126-36. 2015b>Progesterone receptor (PR) activation in the ventrolateral division of the hypothalamic ventromedial nucleus (VMNvl) is essential for promoting female sexual behavior...
- CDC2 mediates progestin initiated endometrial stromal cell proliferation: a PR signaling to gene expression independently of its binding to chromatinGriselda Vallejo
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental, IBYME CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
PLoS ONE 9:e97311. 2014..this control in UIII endometrial stromal cells via ERK1-2 and AKT activation mediated by interaction of Progesterone Receptor (PR) with Estrogen Receptor beta (ERb) and without transcriptional activity of endogenous PR and ER...
- Loss of progesterone receptor-mediated actions induce preterm cellular and structural remodeling of the cervix and premature birthSteven M Yellon
Division of Physiology, Department of Basic Sciences and Center for Perinatal Biology, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California, United States of America Department of Pediatrics, Pathology and Human Anatomy, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California, United States of America Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e81340. 2013A decline in serum progesterone or antagonism of progesterone receptor function results in preterm labor and birth...
- Involvement of progesterone receptors in ascorbic acid-mediated protection against ischemia-reperfusion-induced acute kidney injuryJasmine Sandhi
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab, India
J Surg Res 187:278-88. 2014..The present study investigated the protective role of progesterone against ischemia-reperfusion-induced acute kidney injury (AKI) and possible involvement of progesterone receptors in AA-mediated renoprotection in rats...
- Differential DNA methylation pattern in the A and B promoters of the progesterone receptor is associated with differential mRNA expression in the female rat hypothalamus during proestrusLuciano Mendoza-Garcés
Facultad de Quimica, Departamento de Biologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, Coyoacan, Mexico, D F, Mexico Electronic address
Brain Res 1535:71-7. 2013..Two isoforms of the progesterone receptor have been described (A and B), and they have different promoters for their regulation...
- Role of plasma membrane estrogen receptors in mediating the estrogen induction of progesterone receptors in hypothalamic ventromedial neuronsSusana I Sá
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, 4200 319, Porto, Portugal
J Comp Neurol 522:298-307. 2014..These data provide the first evidence that membrane-initiated E2 stimulation is able to induce and to potentiate the genomic activation of PR expression in the VMN...
- Dominant role of nuclear progesterone receptor in the control of rat periovulatory granulosa cell apoptosisP Anders Friberg
Department of Physiology Endocrinology, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, the Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenurg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Biol Reprod 80:1160-7. 2009..hypothesized that progesterone (P4) acts as a survival factor primarily by actions of the classic nuclear progesterone receptor (PGR) signaling pathway in rat periovulatory granulosa cells...
- Antagonists of the protein kinase A and mitogen-activated protein kinase systems and of the progestin receptor block the ability of vaginocervical/flank-perineal stimulation to induce female rat sexual behaviourO Gonzalez-Flores
Centro de Investigacion en Reproduccion Animal, CINVESTAV Universidad Autónoma de Tlaxcala, Tlaxcala, Mexico
J Neuroendocrinol 20:1361-7. 2008....
- Extra-nuclear activation of progesterone receptor in regulating arterial smooth muscle cell migrationSung Po Hsu
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Medical College, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Atherosclerosis 217:83-9. 2011..The effect is blocked by pretreatment with progesterone receptor (PR) antagonist, RU486...
- An antiprogestin, CDB4124, blocks progesterone's attenuation of the negative effects of a mild stress on sexual behaviorLynda Uphouse
Department of Biology, Texas Woman s University, United States
Behav Brain Res 240:21-5. 2013These experiments were designed to test the hypothesis that a progesterone receptor antagonist would block progesterone's ability to reduce the negative effects of a 5 min restraint on female rat sexual behavior...
- Changes in alpha-estradiol receptor and progesterone receptor expression in the locus coeruleus and preoptic area throughout the rat estrous cycleCleyde Vanessa Vega Helena
Departamento de Fisiologia, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
J Endocrinol 188:155-65. 2006..Since LC neurons are responsive to estradiol, which induces progesterone receptor (PR) expression, this study aimed to investigate whether LC neurons express the alpha-estradiol receptor (..
- Antagonism of progesterone receptor suppresses carotid body responses to hypoxia and nicotine in rat pupsV Joseph
Department of Pediatrics, Laval University, Centre de Recherche D0 711, Hôpital St François d Assise, 10 rue de l Espinay, QC, G1L 3L5, Canada
Neuroscience 207:103-9. 2012We tested the hypothesis that antagonism of progesterone receptor (PR) in newborn rats alters carotid body and respiratory responses to hypoxia and nicotinic receptor agonists...
- Anatomically-specific actions of oestrogen receptor in the developing female rat brain: effects of oestradiol and selective oestrogen receptor modulators on progestin receptor expressionK L Gonzales
Department of Psychology, Behavioral Neuroscience Program, University at Albany State University of New York, Albany, NY 12222, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 24:285-91. 2012..These findings demonstrate the anatomically-specific actions of oestradiol and its receptor to induce PR in two brain regions controlling different aspects of female reproductive behaviours in adulthood...
- [The changes of estrogen receptor (ER) and progesterone receptor (PR) mRNAs in endometrium with endometriosis]Hui Zheng
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Jinan University, Guangzhou 510632, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 20:194-6. 2004..To explore the expression of ER and PR mRNAs in endometrium with endometriosis...
- Distribution and estrogen regulation of membrane progesterone receptor-β in the female rat brainDamian G Zuloaga
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Arizona College of Medicine, 425 North 5th Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85004, USA
Endocrinology 153:4432-43. 2012..Furthermore, E(2) regulation of mPRβ indicates a mechanism through which estrogens can regulate P(4) function within discrete brain regions to potentially impact behavior...
- Differential responses of progesterone receptor membrane component-1 (Pgrmc1) and the classical progesterone receptor (Pgr) to 17β-estradiol and progesterone in hippocampal subregions that support synaptic remodeling and neurogenesisNamrata Bali
University of Southern California Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences, Los Angeles, California 90089 0191, USA
Endocrinology 153:759-69. 2012..We examined the neuronal expression of progesterone receptor membrane component-1 (Pgrmc1) and the classical progesterone receptor (Pgr), by in situ hybridization and ..
- Distribution of membrane progesterone receptor alpha in the male mouse and rat brain and its regulation after traumatic brain injuryD Meffre
UMR 788 INSERM and University Paris Sud, 94276 Kremlin Bicêtre, France
Neuroscience 231:111-24. 2013..In addition to intracellular progesterone receptors, membrane receptors of the hormone such as membrane progesterone receptor (mPR) may also be involved in neuroprotection...
- Endogenous oestradiol regulates progesterone receptor expression in the brain of female rat fetuses: what is the source of oestradiol?V Jahagirdar
Department of Psychology and Centre for Neuroscience Research, University at Albany, SUNY, Albany, NY 12222, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 20:359-65. 2008..present study, anogential distance (AGD) in females was used as an androgen-dependent bioassay, whereas progesterone receptor (PR) expression within the medial preoptic nucleus (MPN) was used as an E-dependent measure...
- Progestin receptor-mediated reduction of anxiety-like behavior in male ratsCatherine J Auger
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e3606. 2008....
- Ultrastructural localization of extranuclear progestin receptors in the rat hippocampal formationElizabeth M Waters
Harold and Margaret Milliken Hatch Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Comp Neurol 511:34-46. 2008....
- Distribution of progesterone receptor immunoreactivity in the midbrain and hindbrain of postnatal ratsPrincy S Quadros
Department of Biological Sciences, Delaware State University, Dover, DE 19901, USA
Dev Neurobiol 68:1378-90. 2008....
- Follicle-stimulating hormone responses to kisspeptin in the female rat at the preovulatory period: modulation by estrogen and progesterone receptorsJ Roa
Department of Cell Biology, Physiology and Immunology, University of Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
Endocrinology 149:5783-90. 2008..analyses on the consequences of selective blockade of estrogen receptors (ER)-alpha and -beta, as well as progesterone receptor (PR), on the ovulatory surges of FSH and their modulation by kisspeptin...
- The ovary-mediated FSH attenuation of the LH surge in the rat involves a decreased gonadotroph progesterone receptor (PR) action but not PR expressionAna Gordon
Departments of Cell Biology, Physiology and Immunology and Comparative Pathology, University of Cordoba, 14004 Cordoba, Spain IVI Madrid, Madrid, Spain
J Endocrinol 196:583-92. 2008..The action of such a factor seemed to be due to a blockade of gonadotroph PR action rather than to an inhibition of PR expression...
- Regulation of progesterone receptor expression by estradiol is dependent on age, sex and region in the rat brainPrincy S Quadros
Department of Psychology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
Endocrinology 149:3054-61. 2008b>Progesterone receptor (PR) expression is highly dependent on estradiol in the medial preoptic nucleus (MPN) and the ventromedial nucleus (VMN) of the adult rat brain...
- Sex steroid receptor expression profile in brown adipose tissue. Effects of hormonal statusSergio Rodriguez-Cuenca
Grup de Metabolisme Energetic i Nutricio, Departament de Biologia Fonamental i Ciencies de la Salut, Institut Universitari d Investigacio en Ciencies de la Salut, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Cell Physiol Biochem 20:877-86. 2007....
- Role of progesterone receptor isoforms in female sexual behavior induced by progestins in ratsChristian Guerra-Araiza
Unidad de Investigacion Medica en Farmacologia, Hospital de Especialidades, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico, D F
Neuroendocrinology 90:73-81. 2009..ring A reduced metabolites regulate female sexual behavior through the direct or indirect activation of progesterone receptor (PR) which has two isoforms with different function and regulation: PR-A and PR-B...
- Disruption in the expression and immunolocalisation of steroid receptors and steroidogenic enzymes in letrozole-induced polycystic ovaries in ratFrancisco M Zurvarra
Department of Morphological Sciences and Center for Experimental Biology and Laboratory Animals Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, Universidad Nacional del Litoral, Argentina
Reprod Fertil Dev 21:827-39. 2009..of steroid receptors (oestrogen receptor-alpha and -beta (ERalpha, ERbeta), androgen receptor (AR) and progesterone receptor (PR)) and steroidogenic enzymes (P450 aromatase (P450arom), 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD) ..
- Transcriptional effects of progesterone receptor antagonist in rat granulosa cellsP Anders Friberg
Department of Physiology Endocrinology, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, the Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Mol Cell Endocrinol 315:121-30. 2010Progesterone, acting via the nuclear progesterone receptor (PGR), reduces apoptosis in periovulatory granulosa cells, and is a likely mediator of the anti-atretic actions of LH...
- Effects of mating on progesterone receptor isoforms in rat hypothalamusLuciano Mendoza-Garcés
Facultad de Quimica, Departamento de Biologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, Coyoacan, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Neuroreport 21:513-6. 2010..These data show that PR isoforms are differentially expressed throughout proestrus-estrus transition and that mating modifies PR isoforms expression in the hypothalamus of the rat...
- Progesterone enhances transthyretin expression in the rat choroid plexus in vitro and in vivo via progesterone receptorTelma Quintela
Health Sciences Research Centre CICS, University of Beira Interior, Av Infante D Henrique, Covilha, Portugal
J Mol Neurosci 44:152-8. 2011..response of TTR to P was investigated, and we provide evidence that this response is achieved through a progesterone receptor-mediated mechanism...
- Progesterone receptor immunoreactivity in the brains of ovariectomized aged ratsMiyako Furuta
Department of Physiology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki, Japan
Neuroreport 21:777-81. 2010We examined the induction of progesterone receptor-immunoreactive (PR-ir) cells by estrogen in the rat preoptic area and ventromedial hypothalamic nucleus...
- Subfertility linked to combined luteal insufficiency and uterine progesterone resistanceToshihiro Konno
Institute of Maternal Fetal Biology, and Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Endocrinology 151:4537-50. 2010..P4 resistance was associated with decreased transcript levels for the P4 receptor (Pgr), a P4 receptor chaperone (Fkbp4), and P4 receptor coactivators (Ncoa1 and Ncoa2)...
- Developmental and hormone-induced epigenetic changes to estrogen and progesterone receptor genes in brain are dynamic across the life spanJaclyn M Schwarz
Program in Neuroscience, Department of Physiology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 655 West Baltimore Street, 5 015, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Endocrinology 151:4871-81. 2010..Estrogen receptor (ER)-α and ER-β and progesterone receptor are expressed at high levels within the preoptic area (POA) and the mediobasal hypothalamus, two brain ..
- CDB-4124, a progesterone receptor modulator, inhibits mammary carcinogenesis by suppressing cell proliferation and inducing apoptosisRONALD WIEHLE
Repros Therapeutics, Inc, The Woodlands, TX 77380, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 4:414-24. 2011CDB-4124 (Proellex or telapristone acetate) is a modulator of progesterone receptor (PR) signaling, which is currently employed in preclinical studies for prevention and treatment of breast cancer and has been used in clinical studies ..
- Progesterone receptor expression in the pregnant and parturient rat hypothalamus and brainstemKaren Francis
Division of Biomedical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, UK
Brain Res 927:18-26. 2002..Upregulation of PR expression in the MPA during pregnancy and parturition may relate to the onset of maternal behavior and/or regulation of GnRH neuronal activity...
- Role of the progesterone receptor in restrained glutamic acid decarboxylase gene expression in the hypothalamus during the preovulatory luteinizing hormone surgeDarrell W Brann
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, and Department of Neurology, Neurobiology Program, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Neuroendocrinology 76:283-9. 2002Previous work by our laboratory demonstrated that activation of the progesterone receptor through exogenous administration of progesterone suppressed glutamic acid decarboxylase-67 (GAD(67)) mRNA in the hypothalamus of the estrogen-..
- Site-specific decrease of progesterone receptor mRNA expression in the hypothalamus of middle-aged persistently estrus ratsRichard H Mills
Department of Neurobiology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1763, USA
Brain Res 955:200-6. 2002..We hypothesize that the PE state may develop due to a diminished level of estrogen-induced progesterone receptor (PR) expression in the hypothalamus that prevents progesterone from stimulating LH regulating circuits...
- Sex differences in the regulation of progesterone receptor isoforms expression in the rat brainChristian Guerra-Araiza
Departamento de Biologia, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico DF, Mexico
Brain Res Bull 59:105-9. 2002We studied the effects of estradiol (E2) and progesterone (P) on progesterone receptor (PR) isoforms gene expression in the brain of ovariectomised female and gonadectomised male rats by RT-PCR analysis...
- Regulation of sex differences in progesterone receptor expression in the medial preoptic nucleus of postnatal ratsP S Quadros
Center for Neuroendocrine Studies and Neuroscience and Behaviour Program, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 14:761-7. 2002..b>Progesterone receptor (PR) expression is sexually dimorphic in the prenatal MPN...
- Effect of estrogens on ontogenetic expression of progesterone receptor in the fetal female rat reproductive tractAkinobu Okada
Safety Research Laboratories, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cell Endocrinol 195:55-64. 2002Ontogenetic expression of progesterone receptor (PR) and effect of estrogens on PR expression in the fetal female rat reproductive tract were investigated...
- Sex differences in progesterone receptor expression: a potential mechanism for estradiol-mediated sexual differentiationPrincy S Quadros
Center for Neuroendocrine Studies and Neuroscience and Behavior Program, University of Massachusetts, Amherst 01003, USA
Endocrinology 143:3727-39. 2002..Around birth, these regions express dramatically higher levels of progesterone receptor immunoreactivity (PRir) in males than they do in females...
- Cellular turnover in the rat uterine cervix and its relationship to estrogen and progesterone receptor dynamicsJorge G Ramos
Laboratorio de Endocrinologia y Tumores Hormonodependientes, School of Biochemistry and Biological Sciences, Universidad Nacional del Litoral, 3000 Santa Fe, Argentina
Biol Reprod 67:735-42. 2002..Proliferation, apoptosis, and progesterone receptor (PR) and estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) expression were evaluated in cycling, pregnant, and postpartum ..
- Progesterone receptors and the sexual differentiation of the medial preoptic nucleusPrincy S Quadros
Center for Neuroendocrine Studies, Neuroscience and Behavior Program and Department of Psychology, Tobin Hall, Box 37720, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
J Neurobiol 51:24-32. 2002..These results, taken together with the expression of PR in the MPNc, suggest that PR may influence the sexual differentiation of the MPNc volume...
- Biological markers that predict clinical recurrence in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastE Provenzano
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Victorian Breast Cancer Research Consortium, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Eur J Cancer 39:622-30. 2003..ERBB2-positivity and bcl-2-, oestrogen receptor (ER)- and progesterone receptor (PR)-negativity were individually associated with the risk of clinical recurrence...
- Progestin receptors mediate progesterone suppression of epileptiform activity in tetanized hippocampal slices in vitroH E Edwards
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, The Toronto Hospital Research Institute, Toronto, Canada
Neuroscience 101:895-906. 2000..were superfused in vitro with one of the following treatments: progesterone with or without RU486 (a progesterone receptor antagonist); allopregnanolone (a progesterone metabolite that potentiates GABA action at GABA(A) receptors)..
- Progesterone regulation of the progesterone receptor in rat gonadotropesJ L Turgeon
Department of Human Physiology, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Endocrinology 141:3422-9. 2000For rat pituitary cells, progesterone receptor (PR) protein localizes to gonadotropes and PR messenger RNA is induced by E2 and rapidly but transiently down-regulated by progesterone...
- Immunocytochemical evidence for a progesterone receptor in neurons and glial cells of the rat spinal cordF Labombarda
Laboratory of Neuroendocrine Biochemistry, Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental, Department of Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Neurosci Lett 288:29-32. 2000Using the KC 146 monoclonal antibody recognizing the B-form of the progesterone receptor (PR) and immunocytochemical techniques, we investigated if PR-immunoreactive cells are present in the rat spinal cord...
- Hormonal regulation, localization, and functional activity of the progesterone receptor in granulosa cells of rat preovulatory folliclesU Natraj
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Endocrinology 133:761-9. 1993..various agonists (LH, FSH, forskolin, and GnRH) known to stimulate ovulation on their abilities to induce progesterone receptor (PR) mRNA and protein in rat preovulatory follicles and in cultured rat granulosa cells exhibiting a ..
- Regulation of the progesterone receptor gene by gonadotropins and cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate in rat granulosa cellsO K Park-Sarge
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208
Endocrinology 134:709-18. 1994We have examined the effects of the pituitary gonadotropins on expression of the progesterone receptor (PR) gene in rat ovary and in granulosa cell cultures...
- The ontogeny of gene expression of progestin receptors in the female rat brainJ Kato
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yamanashi Medical University, Japan
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 47:173-82. 1993..Moreover, lowered levels of the cortical PR mRNAs in the propylthiouracil-induced hypothyroid rat, together with suppressed PR level, indicate a possible regulatory role of thyroid hormone on gene expression of the cortical receptor...
- Cloning of the rat progesterone receptor gene 5'-region and identification of two functionally distinct promotersW L Kraus
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Urbana 61801
Mol Endocrinol 7:1603-16. 1993To examine some of the molecular mechanisms controlling transcription of the rat progesterone receptor (PR) gene, we have cloned and sequenced the 5'-region of the gene...
- Alpha-oestrogen and progestin receptor expression in the hypothalamus and preoptic area dopaminergic neurones during oestrous in cycling ratsC M Leite
Departamento de Fisiologia, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
J Neuroendocrinol 20:110-9. 2008....
- The distribution of progestin receptor mRNA in rat brainstemMeredith A Curran-Rauhut
Center for Neuroendocrine Studies, Neuroscience and Behavior Graduate Program, and Department of Biology, 221 Morrill Science Center, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Brain Res Gene Expr Patterns 1:151-7. 2002Hypothalamic sites wherein P4, through progestin receptor, (Pgr; commonly abbreviated PR), maximizes the expression of female sexual behaviors and gonadotropin surge release have been studied intensively...
- The role of estrogen-dependent progesterone receptor in protein kinase C-mediated LH secretion and GnRH self-priming in rat anterior pituitary glandsR Aguilar
Department of Cell Biology, Physiology and Immunology, University of Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
J Endocrinol Invest 26:527-32. 2003The aim of the present study was to explore the involvement of pituitary progesterone receptor (PR) in PKC-mediated LH secretion and LHRH self-priming and the role of the estrogen (E) environment...
- Correlates of obesity in postmenopausal women with breast cancer: comparison of genetic, demographic, disease-related, life history and dietary factorsL Wasserman
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0639, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:49-56. 2004..The progesterone receptor (PR) and the steroid hormone receptor coactivator pCIP/ACTR/AIB1/TRAM1/RAC3 (AIB1) are hypothesized to ..
- Downregulation of androgen, estrogen and progesterone receptor genes and protein is involved in aging-related erectile dysfunctionM Shirai
VA Medical Center and UCSF, Urology, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Int J Impot Res 15:391-6. 2003..7 cm H(2)O, respectively. Gene and protein expressions for androgen receptor, estrogen receptor-beta and progesterone receptor were present in similar levels in 6-, 12- and 18-month-old rat crura, but significantly lower or absent in ..
- p-Nonylphenol, 4-tert-octylphenol and bisphenol A increase the expression of progesterone receptor mRNA in the frontal cortex of adult ovariectomized ratsT Funabashi
Neuroendocrinology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Fukuura, Yokohama, Japan
J Neuroendocrinol 16:99-104. 2004..We examined whether these endocrine disrupters affected progesterone receptor (PR) mRNA expression in the adult female rat neocortex. In one experiment, at 12...
- The 26S proteasome participates in the sequential inhibition of estrous behavior induced by progesterone in ratsOscar Gonzalez-Flores
Centro de Investigacion en Reproduccion Animal, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados Universidad Autonoma de Tlaxcala, Tlaxcala 90140, Mexico
Endocrinology 145:2328-36. 2004..In contrast, PSI and TLCK significantly increased PR content in both structures. Our results suggest that PR degradation by the 26S proteasome participates in the expression of P-induced SI in female rats...
- Immunocytochemical investigation of nuclear progestin receptor expression within dopaminergic neurones of the female rat brainJ S Lonstein
Program in Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 16:534-43. 2004....
- Sexual dimorphism in the content of progesterone and estrogen receptors, and their cofactors in the lung of adult ratsAliesha González-Arenas
Departamento de Biologia, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, Coyoacan 04510, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Steroids 69:351-6. 2004..Our results suggest a sexual dimorphism in the content of PR, ER-beta, and SMRT in the rat lung as well as a relation of their content to the physiological levels of progesterone and estradiol...
- PROGINS Alu sequence insertion is associated with hyperprolactinaemia but not leiomyoma susceptibilityYao Yuan Hsieh
Department of Biological Science and Technology, National Chiao Tung University, 75 Po Ai Street, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 62:492-7. 2005Leiomyoma and hyperprolactinaemia are both progesterone-dependent diseases. Hormone-related genes, such as the progesterone receptor (PGR), might be involved in their pathogenesis.
- Association between polymorphisms in the progesterone receptor gene and endometriosisSusan A Treloar
Genetic Epidemiology Laboratory, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Mol Hum Reprod 11:641-7. 2005The progesterone receptor (PR) is a candidate gene for the development of endometriosis, a complex disease with strong hormonal features, common in women of reproductive age...
- Progesterone receptors activation after acute cocaine administrationHui Bing K Wu
Department of Psychology, Hunter College, City University of New York, New York, NY 10021, USA
Brain Res 1126:188-92. 2006..It has been postulated that cocaine's modulation of serum progesterone levels may in turn alter progesterone receptor activity, thereby contributing to cocaine-induced alterations of neuronal functions and genomic ..
- Progesterone receptor isoforms and proliferation in the rat mammary gland during developmentAnastasia Kariagina
Department of Physiology, 2201 Biomedical and Physical Sciences Building, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Endocrinology 148:2723-36. 2007Progesterone (P), acting through progesterone receptor (PR) isoforms A and B, plays an important role in normal mammary gland development and is implicated in the etiology of breast cancer...
- Distribution of progesterone receptor immunoreactivity in the fetal and neonatal rat forebrainPrincy S Quadros
Center for Neuroendocrine Studies and Neuroscience and Behavior Program, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
J Comp Neurol 504:42-56. 2007..Using immunocytochemistry, the present study documented the distribution of progesterone receptor (PR) expression in the rat forebrain from embryonic day (E) 17 through postnatal day (P) 28...
- Expression of ovarian steroid hormone receptors in tuberoinfundibular dopaminergic neurones during pregnancy and lactationF J Steyn
Centre for Neuroendocrinology and Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, University of Otago School of Medical Sciences, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Neuroendocrinol 19:788-93. 2007..steroid-regulation of these neurones, we investigated the level of oestrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) and progesterone receptor (PR) expression within TIDA neurones during pregnancy and lactation...
- Transient expression of progesterone receptor messenger RNA in ovarian granulosa cells after the preovulatory luteinizing hormone surgeO K Park
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208
Mol Endocrinol 5:967-78. 1991..itself is a target tissue for progesterone action, we have examined the localization and regulation of progesterone receptor (PR) mRNA in the rat ovary...
- MECHANISMS OF REPRODUCTIVE AGINGDarrell Brann; Fiscal Year: 2004..As a whole, the proposed studies will provide important insights as to why glutamate signaling is compromised in the hypothalamus of the middle-aged rat, and will advance our understanding of reproductive aging. ..
- GENOMICS OF GnRH PRIMINGJUDITH TURGEON; Fiscal Year: 2005Gonadotropin releasing-hormone (GnRH) self priming and its cross talk with the progesterone receptor is a signal amplification mechanism that has demonstrated physiological relevance in rodent models as well as in humans...
- ASTROCYTE-NEURON INTERACTIONS AND GNRH NEURONAL FUNCTIONDarrell Brann; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- LH Secretion MechanismsJUDITH TURGEON; Fiscal Year: 2006..Cell models will be cultured gonadotropes from rats and wild-type and PR-knockout (PRKO) mice and the LbetaT2 gonadotrope cell line. ..