Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pecam1
Description: platelet and endothelial cell adhesion molecule 1
Alias: CD31, Pecam, platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule, PECAM-1, platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule 1
- PECAM-1 engagement counteracts ICAM-1-induced signaling in brain vascular endothelial cellsJean Pierre Couty
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France
J Neurochem 103:793-801. 2007..In the present study, we show that, whereas PECAM-1 is known to control positively the trans-endothelial migration of leukocytes via homophilic interactions between ..
- Polymorphisms in the platelet-endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1) gene, Asn563Ser and Gly670Arg, associated with myocardial infarction in the JapaneseT Sasaoka
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 947:259-69; discussion 269-70. 2001We examined three missense polymorphisms of platelet-endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1), Val125Leu, Asn563Ser, and Gly670Arg, in 136 Japanese patients with myocardial infarction and 235 healthy Japanese controls...
- Antibody to platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 reduces myocardial infarct size in a rat model of ischemia-reperfusion injuryR J Gumina
Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Cellular Biology and Anatomy, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Circulation 94:3327-33. 1996..Platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1) is an immunoglobulin gene superfamily member expressed constitutively on neutrophils and endothelium...
- The protein-tyrosine phosphatase SHP-2 associates with tyrosine-phosphorylated adhesion molecule PECAM-1 (CD31)K Sagawa
Receptors and Signal Transduction Section, OIIB, NIDR, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 272:31086-91. 1997..We previously observed the tyrosine phosphorylation of the platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule, PECAM-1 (CD31), after FcepsilonRI stimulation in rat basophilic leukemia RBL-2H3 cells...
- Involvement of platelet-endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 in neutrophil recruitment in vivoA A Vaporciyan
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109
Science 262:1580-2. 1993..In vitro assays have suggested that platelet-endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 [PECAM-1 (CD31)], a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, is required for the transmigration of neutrophils across ..
- Monoclonal antibody to murine PECAM-1 (CD31) blocks acute inflammation in vivoS Bogen
Department of Pathology, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118 2394
J Exp Med 179:1059-64. 1994A murine model of peritonitis was used to test the role of platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule 1 (PECAM-1/CD31) in acute inflammation...
- Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 in neutrophil emigration during acute bacterial pneumonia in mice and ratsSadatomo Tasaka
Department of Pediatrics, Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:164-70. 2003b>Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1) (CD31) is an adhesion molecule believed to mediate transendothelial migration of neutrophils and other leukocytes after CD11/CD18-mediated adhesion...
- Differences in platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 expression between peripheral circulation and pancreatic microcirculation in cerulein-induced acute edematous pancreatitisHong Kai Gao
Department of General Surgery, Division of Digestive Surgery and Organ Microcirculation, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:661-4. 2005To investigate the changes of platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1) expression on polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMNs) in peripheral circulation and pancreatic microcirculation in cerulein-induced acute edematous ..
- Epidemiological, clinical, and laboratory characteristics of 48 cases of "Babesia venatorum" infection in China: a descriptive studyJia Fu Jiang
State Key Laboratory of Pathogen and Biosecurity, Beijing Institute of Microbiology and Epidemiology, Beijing, China
Lancet Infect Dis 15:196-203. 2015..We aimed to describe the epidemiological, clinical, and laboratory characteristics of a series of cases with "B venatorum" infection identified in a sentinel hospital in China...
- Matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor (ONO-4817) attenuates ischemia-reperfusion injury in rat lungTakehiko Shimoyama
Department of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Med Sci Monit 12:BR51-6. 2006..Therefore, we used a novel MMP inhibitor (ONO-4817) with high affinities for MMP-2 and MMP-9 to investigate the roles of MMPs in reperfusion injury of the lungs...
- A novel role for PECAM-1 in megakaryocytokinesis and recovery of platelet counts in thrombocytopenic miceTarvinder S Dhanjal
Centre for Cardiovascular Sciences, Institute of Biomedical Research, Division of Medical Sciences, The Medical School, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Blood 109:4237-44. 2007..In this study, we report a role for the glycoprotein PECAM-1 in thrombopoiesis...
- Decrease of PECAM-1-gene-expression induced by proinflammatory cytokines IFN-gamma and IFN-alpha is reversed by TGF-beta in sinusoidal endothelial cells and hepatic mononuclear phagocytesKatrin Neubauer
University of Gottingen, Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, Gottingen, Germany
BMC Physiol 8:9. 2008..This study aims to identify in vitro conditions (cytokine treatment) which may allow a better understanding of the changes in PECAM (platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule)-1-gene-expression observed in vivo.
- Progenitor cell mobilization enhances bone healing by means of improved neovascularization and osteogenesisXiao Xia Wang
Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 128:395-405. 2011..Because adequate blood supply is essential to osteogenesis, the authors hypothesize that augmenting neovascularization by increasing the number of circulating progenitor cells will improve bony healing...
- Dendritic degeneration, neurovascular defects, and inflammation precede neuronal loss in a mouse model for tau-mediated neurodegenerationTomasz Jaworski
Laboratory of Experimental Genetics and Transgenesis Experimental Genetics Group LEGTEGG, Department of Human Genetics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Pathol 179:2001-15. 2011....
- Matrix metalloproteinase-1 expression enhances tumorigenicity as well as tumor-related angiogenesis and is inversely associated with TIMP-4 expression in a model of glioblastomaNicholas A Pullen
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
J Neurooncol 106:461-71. 2012..b>CD31 analysis of model tumors elucidated a substantial recruitment of endothelium in MMP-1 enhanced samples...
- Acceleration of cutaneous healing by electrical stimulation: degenerate electrical waveform down-regulates inflammation, up-regulates angiogenesis and advances remodeling in temporal punch biopsies in a human volunteer studyAnil Sebastian
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Research, School of Translational Medicine, Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre, The University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Wound Repair Regen 19:693-708. 2011..05) of CD31 (15.5%), vascular endothelial growth factor (66%), and Melan A (8.6 cells/0.95 mm²) in ESD14 compared to NSD14 (9...
- Soluble platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule (sPECAM)-1 is increased in polycystic ovary syndrome and related to endothelial dysfunctionCarmen Emanuela Pepene
Department of Endocrinology, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Cluj Napoca, Romania
Gynecol Endocrinol 28:370-4. 2012..Platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule (PECAM)-1 is a soluble (s) signaling molecule involved in inflammation and angiogenesis with predictive value for ..
- Comparison of the therapeutic effects of extracts from Spirulina platensis and amnion membrane on inflammation-associated corneal neovascularizationLing Ling Yang
State Key Laboratory Cultivation Base, Shandong Provincial Key Lab of Ophthalmology, Shandong Eye Institute, Qingdao, China
Int J Ophthalmol 5:32-7. 2012..To compare the therapeutic effects of polysaccharide extract from Spirulina platensis (PSP) and extract from amnion membrane (AME) on alkali burn-induced corneal neovascularization (CorNV)...
- Effects of atorvastatin in the regulation of circulating EPCs and angiogenesis in traumatic brain injury in ratsBin Wang
Department of Neurosurgery, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin, PR China
J Neurol Sci 319:117-23. 2012..Blood circulating EPCs were identified by flow cytometry. Rats were sacrificed 25 days after TBI. vWF and CD31 immunostaining was performed...
- Levels of soluble platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 and P-selectin are decreased in children with autism spectrum disorderCharity E Onore
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Biol Psychiatry 72:1020-5. 2012..Findings of immune dysfunction in ASD include increases in inflammatory cytokines, chemokines, and microglial activity in brain tissue and cerebrospinal fluid, as well as abnormal peripheral immune cell function...
- Association between platelet endothelial cellular adhesion molecule 1 (PECAM-1/CD31) polymorphisms and acute myocardial infarction: a study in patients from SicilyF Listi
Gruppo di Studio sull Immunosenescenza, Dipartiento di Biopatologia e Metodologie Biomediche, Universita di Palermo, Italy
Eur J Immunogenet 31:175-8. 2004..Platelet endothelial cellular adhesion molecule 1 (PECAM-1/CD31), involved in this migration, has been associated with the developmental course of atherosclerosis...
- Aggregation of the high affinity IgE receptor results in the tyrosine phosphorylation of the surface adhesion protein PECAM-1 (CD31)K Sagawa
Laboratory of Immunology, NIDR, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 272:13412-8. 1997..the rat basophilic leukemia RBL-2H3 cells, we identified that platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule 1 (PECAM-1 or CD31) was tyrosine phosphorylated in these cells...
- Hyperglycemia-induced vasculopathy in the murine vitelline vasculature: correlation with PECAM-1/CD31 tyrosine phosphorylation stateE Pinter
Departments of Pathology and Pediatrics, Yale University, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Am J Pathol 154:1367-79. 1999..b>PECAM-1 expression has been observed during the earliest stages of vasculogenesis, and changes in PECAM-1 tyrosine ..
- Divergent effects of platelet-endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 and beta 3 integrin blockade on leukocyte transmigration in vivoR D Thompson
BHF Cardiovascular Medicine Unit, Imperial College School of Medicine at the National Heart and Lung Institute, Hammersmith Hospital, UK
J Immunol 165:426-34. 2000..Both platelet-endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1/CD31) and the integrin alphavbeta3 have been implicated in this process, and in vitro studies have identified ..
- Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1) is a target glycoprotein in drug-induced thrombocytopeniaH Kroll
Institute for Clinical Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany
Blood 96:1409-14. 2000..experiments with biotin-labeled platelets and endothelial cells, reactivity with the platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1, CD31) could be demonstrated, whereas neither GPIIb/IIIa nor GPIb/IX was ..
- Effective treatment of gut barrier dysfunction using an antioxidant, a PAF inhibitor, and monoclonal antibodies against the adhesion molecule PECAM-1Zhengwu Sun
Department of Surgery, Lund University Hospital, Lund University, S 221 85 Lund, Sweden
J Surg Res 105:220-33. 2002..the OFRs-scavenger (NAC), the PAF inhibitor lexipafant, and monoclonal antibodies against the adhesion molecule PECAM-1 (anti-PECAM-1-Mab) have been reported to be effective in the prevention or recovery of gut barrier dysfunction ..
- Clinical relevance of the expression of the CD31 ligand for CD38 in patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemiaSherif Ibrahim
Section of Molecular Hematopathology, New York University, New York, New York, USA
Cancer 97:1914-9. 2003CD31 (platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 [PECAM-1]) is the ligand for CD38, a transmembrane glycoprotein that is expressed on the surface of leukemic cells in many patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL)...
- R643G polymorphism in PECAM-1 influences transendothelial migration of monocytes and is associated with progression of CHD and CHD eventsMohamed A Elrayess
Centre for Cardiovascular Genetics, British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Rayne Building, 5 University Street, UCL, London WC1E 6JF, UK
Atherosclerosis 177:127-35. 2004The 643R allele of R643G polymorphism (also known as R670G in the premature protein) in PECAM-1 has been associated with risk of myocardial infarction (MI), while the 643G allele has been associated with risk of coronary artery stenosis (..
- Acceleration of the onset of collagen-induced arthritis by a deficiency of platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule 1Yoshifumi Tada
Saga Medical School, Saga, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 48:3280-90. 2003b>Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule 1 (PECAM-1; CD31) is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily that is expressed in platelets, leukocytes, and endothelial cells...
- Imbalance between endothelial injury and repair in patients with polymyalgia rheumatica: improvement with corticosteroid treatmentM Pirro
Unit of Internal Medicine, Angiology and Arteriosclerosis, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
J Intern Med 272:177-84. 2012..We investigated the association between inflammation and endothelial injury and repair in patients with PMR and evaluated the effects of corticosteroid therapy on EMP and EPC levels...
- [Estimation of level of soluble form PECAM-1, ICAM-2 and TNF-alpha, IL-18 in serum patients with chronic myelogenic leukemia]Beata Kiersnowska-Rogowska
Klinika Hematologil Akademii Medycznej w Białymstoku
Przegl Lek 62:772-4. 2005..High concentration of TNF-alpha and 11-18 in blood serum may indicate high expression of sPECAM-1 by activated specific enzymes responsible for releasing sPECAM-1...
- Erythropoietin, but not asialoerythropoietin or carbamyl-erythropoietin, attenuates monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertension in ratsNoboru Ikarashi
Division of Cardiology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Clin Exp Hypertens 34:575-81. 2012..administration increased mRNA expression of the anti-apoptotic molecule, Bcl-xL, and maintained expression of the CD31 antigen. We conclude that lungs may express EPOR homoreceptors, but not heteroreceptors...
- Endothelial Fli1 deficiency impairs vascular homeostasis: a role in scleroderma vasculopathyYoshihide Asano
Arthritis Center, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Pathol 176:1983-98. 2010..expression of genes involved in maintaining vascular homeostasis including VE-cadherin, platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule 1, type IV collagen, matrix metalloproteinase 9, platelet-derived growth factor B, and S1P(1) ..
- Heamostatic and genetic predisposing factors for stroke in children with sickle cell anemiaHeba Mourad
Department of Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Tanta University, Egypt
Egypt J Immunol 15:25-37. 2008..FPA), thrombin-antithrombin III (TAT), fibrin degradation product (D-dimer) and serum level of platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1), and analysis of the ACE gene polymorphism by polymerase chain reaction (PCR)...
- Isoliquiritigenin from licorice root suppressed neovascularisation in experimental ocular angiogenesis modelsVishal Jhanji
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Br J Ophthalmol 95:1309-15. 2011..To explore the antiangiogenic property of isoliquiritigenin (ISL) on in vivo and in vitro models...
- Synovial biomarkers in psoriatic arthritisUgo Fiocco
Department of Medicine, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
J Rheumatol Suppl 89:61-4. 2012..5 mg)...
- Endothelial cells obtained from patients affected by chronic venous disease exhibit a pro-inflammatory phenotypeVeronica Tisato
Department of Morphology and Embryology and LTTA Centre, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e39543. 2012..Therefore, new insights on the characteristics of large vein endothelium would increase our knowledge of large vessel physiopathology...
- Resveratrol inhibits neointimal formation after arterial injury through an endothelial nitric oxide synthase-dependent mechanismDanna M Breen
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 1A8 Canada
Atherosclerosis 222:375-81. 2012..01), decreased intimal cell proliferation by 37% (P<0.01) and reduced inflammatory markers such as PECAM and MMP-9 mRNA. These effects of RSV were all abolished by coadministration of l-NAME...
- Huanglian-Jie-Du-Tang extract protects against chronic brain injury after focal cerebral ischemia via hypoxia-inducible-factor-1α-regulated vascular endothelial growth factor signaling in miceYilu Ye
Department of Pharmacology, Zhejiang Medical College, Hangzhou, China
Biol Pharm Bull 35:355-61. 2012..There were few cells positive for CD31, hypoxia-inducible-factor-1α (HIF-1α), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and Flk-1 in the sham control...
- Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors attenuate angiogenesisRyohei Miyazaki
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Clin Sci (Lond) 123:241-9. 2012..flow recovery examined by laser Doppler perfusion imaging and capillary density by immunohistochemical staining of CD31-positive cells in the ischaemic hindlimb were significantly decreased in donepezil- and physostigmine-treated mice ..
- [PECAM-1 and E-selectin expression in vulnerable plague and their relationships to myocardial Leu125Val polymorphism of PECAM-1 and Ser128Arg polymorphism of E-selectin in patients with acute coronary syndrome]Fang Fang
Department of Pathology, Beijing Hospital, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 39:1110-6. 2011To observe the expression of PECAM-1 and E-selectin in the vulnerable plagues and their relationships to myocardial Leu125Val polymorphism of PECAM-1 and Ser128Arg polymorphism of E-selectin in autopsied samples of patients with acute ..
- [Role of endothelial progenitor cells in optic nerve injury of rats]Yu Mei Liu
Department of Ophthalmology, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin 300052, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 47:1089-95. 2011..To investigate the role of endothelial progenitor cells (EPC) in the injury of rat optic nerve...
- Radiation-induced damage in different segments of the rat intestine after external beam irradiation of the liverSilke Cameron
Department of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, University Clinic of the Georg August University, Robert Koch Str 40, D 37099 Göttingen, Germany
Exp Mol Pathol 92:243-58. 2012..The out-of-field effects on the intestine, caused by radiation treatment of a parenchymatous organ, have not previously been studied...
- PECAM-1 dampens cytokine levels during LPS-induced endotoxemia by regulating leukocyte traffickingJamie R Privratsky
Blood Research Institute, BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53201, United States
Life Sci 90:177-84. 2012To investigate the mechanism by which platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule 1 (PECAM-1/CD31), an immunoglobulin (Ig)-superfamily cell adhesion and signaling receptor, regulates pro-inflammatory cytokine levels...
- Epigallocatechin gallate suppresses peritoneal fibrosis in miceMineaki Kitamura
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Chem Biol Interact 195:95-104. 2012..In the submesothelial compact zone of the MGO+saline-treated mice, CD31-positive vessels and vascular endothelial growth factor-positive cells were significantly increased, as were ..
- Lymphangiogenesis is induced during development of periodontal diseaseL E Mkonyi
Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen, Jonas Lies vei 91, Bergen, Norway
J Dent Res 91:71-7. 2012..Growth of lymphatic and blood vessels was measured after immunofluorescent staining with LYVE-1 and CD31. Expression of vascular endothelial growth factors and 2 inflammatory cytokines was investigated 10 days post-..
- Molecular changes in articular cartilage and subchondral bone in the rat anterior cruciate ligament transection and meniscectomized models of osteoarthritisMaureen Pickarski
Merck Sharpe and Dohme Corp, Bone Biology Group, West Point, PA 19486, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:197. 2011..Osteoarthritis (OA) is a debilitating, progressive joint disease...
- Late-phase contrast-enhanced ultrasound reflects biological features of instability in human carotid atherosclerosisJoseph Shalhoub
Academic Section of Vascular Surgery, Department of Experimental Medicine, Imperial College London, and Charing Cross Hospital, London W6 8RF, UK
Stroke 42:3634-6. 2011..We hypothesized that microbubbles are retained in areas of plaque inflammation, aiming to examine whether LP-CEUS signal reflects plaque biology...
- Targeted systemic radiotherapy with scVEGF/177Lu leads to sustained disruption of the tumor vasculature and intratumoral apoptosisFrancis G Blankenberg
Department of Radiology MIPS, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, USA
J Nucl Med 52:1630-7. 2011....
- Passive exercise using whole-body periodic acceleration enhances blood supply to ischemic hindlimbTaku Rokutanda
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Faculty of Life Sciences, Kumamoto University, 1 1 1 Honjo, Kumamoto, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:2872-80. 2011..We investigated the effects of WBPA on blood flow recovery in a mouse model of hindlimb ischemia and in patients with peripheral arterial disease...
- Abnormal plasma microparticles impair vasoconstrictor responses in patients with cirrhosisPierre Emmanuel Rautou
INSERM Unité 970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Center PARCC, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 143:166-76.e6. 2012..We investigated the cellular origins of MPs in plasma from patients with cirrhosis and assessed the contribution of MPs to arterial vasodilation, a mechanism that contributes to portal hypertension...
- Human epidermal growth factor receptor bispecific ligand trap RB200: abrogation of collagen-induced arthritis in combination with tumour necrosis factor blockadeLuke L Gompels
Faculty of Medicine, Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology, 65 Aspenlea Road, London, W6 8LH, Imperial College London, London, UK
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R161. 2011..The objective of this study was to assess the effect of RB200 combined with TNF blockade in a murine collagen-induced arthritis (CIA) model of RA...
- Characterization of negatively charged phospholipids and cell origin of microparticles in women with gestational vascular complicationsSarah Katzenell
Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa, Israel
Thromb Res 130:479-84. 2012..Microparticles (MPs) are involved in thrombosis and inflammation. However, characterization and role of MPs in GVC have not been elucidated...
- Sensory and sympathetic nerve fibers undergo sprouting and neuroma formation in the painful arthritic joint of geriatric miceJuan M Jimenez-Andrade
Department of Pharmacology, University of Arizona, 1501 N, Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 14:R101. 2012..Here we explore whether sensory and sympathetic nerve fibers can undergo a significant ectopic nerve remodeling in the painful arthritic knee joint of geriatric mice...
- Intratumoral hemorrhage, vessel density, and the inflammatory reaction contribute to volume increase of sporadic vestibular schwannomasMaurits de Vries
Department of Otolaryngology, Leiden University Medical Center, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Virchows Arch 460:629-36. 2012..Immunohistochemical studies evaluated cell proliferation (histone H3 and Ki-67), microvessel density (CD31), and inflammation (CD45 and CD68). Intratumoral hemorrhage was assessed by hemosiderin deposition...
- Apocynin attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced lung injury in an isolated and perfused rat lung modelChih Feng Chian
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine Department, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Shock 38:196-202. 2012..Adhesion molecule of neutrophil (CD31) was upregulated...
- Naive CD4+ T cells and recent thymic emigrants in common variable immunodeficiencyM Oraei
Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 22:160-7. 2012..The aim of this study was to analyze levels of naïve CD4+ T cells and recent thymic emigrant (RTE) cells in CVID patients and healthy controls...
- ICAM-1-activated Src and eNOS signaling increase endothelial cell surface PECAM-1 adhesivity and neutrophil transmigrationGuoquan Liu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois, Chicago 60612, USA
Blood 120:1942-52. 2012..adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1)-dependent firm adhesion, and platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule 1 (PECAM-1)-mediated transendothelial migration...
- Ursolic acid inhibits growth and metastasis of human colorectal cancer in an orthotopic nude mouse model by targeting multiple cell signaling pathways: chemosensitization with capecitabineSahdeo Prasad
Cytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:4942-53. 2012..Whether ursolic acid, a component of numerous medicinal plants, either alone or in combination with capecitabine, can inhibit the growth and metastasis of human CRC was investigated...
- Therapeutic effectiveness of intratumorally delivered dendritic cells engineered to express the pro-inflammatory cytokine, interleukin (IL)-32Y Qu
Department of Dermatology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 18:663-73. 2011..infiltration of tumors by type-1 (that is, CXCR3(+)VLA-4(+)GrB(+)) CD8(+) T cells and CD11b(+)CD11c(+) host myeloid DC, but led to reductions in the prevalence of CD11b(+)Gr1(+) myeloid-derived suppressor cells and CD31(+) blood vessels.
- Boswellic acid inhibits growth and metastasis of human colorectal cancer in orthotopic mouse model by downregulating inflammatory, proliferative, invasive and angiogenic biomarkersVivek R Yadav
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Cancer 130:2176-84. 2012..we found that markers of tumor proliferation index Ki-67 and the microvessel density cluster of differentiation (CD31) were significantly downregulated by AKBA treatment...
- Myeloid-derived suppressor cells evolve during sepsis and can enhance or attenuate the systemic inflammatory responseLaura Brudecki
Department of Internal Medicine, East Tennessee State University College of Medicine, Johnson City, Tennessee, USA
Infect Immun 80:2026-34. 2012..Late MDSCs had more immature CD31(+) myeloid progenitors and, when treated ex vivo with granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), ..
- Intestinal lymph-borne factors induce lung release of inflammatory mediators and expression of adhesion molecules after an intestinal ischemic insultAna Cristina Breithaupt-Faloppa
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Surg Res 176:195-201. 2012....
- Expression of cell adhesion molecules, chemokines and chemokine receptors involved in leukocyte traffic in rats undergoing autoimmune orchitisV A Guazzone
Instituto de Investigaciones en Reproducción, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Paraguay 2155 piso 10, C1121 ABG Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reproduction 143:651-62. 2012..Thus, we investigated the expression of CCL3, its receptors, and adhesion molecules CD31 and CD106 in an in vivo model of experimental autoimmune orchitis (EAO)...
- Diabetic impairment of C-kit bone marrow stem cells involves the disorders of inflammatory factors, cell adhesion and extracellular matrix moleculesTao Sheng Li
Department of Stem Cell Biology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Science, Nagasaki, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e25543. 2011..Interestingly, diabetes-related alterations of the extracellular matrix and adhesion molecules were varied; Pecam, Mmp10, Lamc1, Itgb7, Mmp9, and Timp4 were up-regulated, but Col11a1, Fn1, Admts2, and Itgav were down-regulated...
- Angiogenesis in the pathogenesis of pterygiumC Livezeanu
Department of Histology, University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova, Romania
Rom J Morphol Embryol 52:837-44. 2011..Angiogenesis in the pterygion was investigated with CD31 marker that allows the identification of the vascular endothelium and the establishment of the vascular ..
- ApoE suppresses atherosclerosis by reducing lipid accumulation in circulating monocytes and the expression of inflammatory molecules on monocytes and vascular endotheliumNathalie Gaudreault
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco and VA Medical Center, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:264-72. 2012..We hypothesized that apoE reduces atherosclerosis by decreasing lipid accumulation in circulating monocytes and the inflammatory state of monocytes and the vascular endothelium...
- Angiogenic remodeling in pediatric EoE is associated with increased levels of VEGF-A, angiogenin, IL-8, and activation of the TNF-α-NFκB pathwayRabindranath Persad
Department of Paediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 55:251-60. 2012..The aims of this study were to determine the angiogenic profile of esophageal mucosa in children presenting with EoE and to evaluate the putative mechanism(s) underlying the early inflammatory angiogenic response observed in EoE...
- Atheroprotective effect of CD31 receptor globulin through enrichment of circulating regulatory T-cellsEmilie Groyer
INSERM UMR S 872, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:344-50. 2007This study was designed to evaluate whether replacing CD31 (PECAM-1) signaling can restore the regulation of lymphocyte activation and improve experimental atherosclerosis.
- Density, calibre and ramification of muscle capillaries are altered in a mouse model of severe spinal muscular atrophyE Somers
Euan MacDonald Centre for Motor Neurone Disease Research, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Neuromuscul Disord 22:435-42. 2012..controls at early and late symptomatic time points, and reduced expression of a key endothelial protein, PECAM-1...
- Effects of icariin on improving erectile function in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsTao Liu
Andrology Center, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, China
J Sex Med 8:2761-72. 2011..The effects of icariin on penile hemodynamics in diabetic animals remain to be determined. Transforming growth factor β1 (TGFβ1) has been implicated in the pathogenesis of diabetes-related erectile dysfunction...
- In vivo blockade of Ca(+2)-dependent nitric oxide synthases impairs expressions of L-selectin and PECAM-1Cristina B Hebeda
Department of Clinical and Toxicological Analyses, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo 0550 900, Av Prof Lineu Prestes 580 BI13 B, SP, Brazil
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:694-8. 2008..Expressions of L-selectin and PECAM-1 in peripheral leukocytes and PECAM-1 in endothelial cells were reduced by l-NAME treatment...
- Regulation of VEGF and VEGF receptor expression in the rodent mammary gland during pregnancy, lactation, and involutionM S Pepper
Department of Morphology, University Medical Center, Geneva, Switzerland
Dev Dyn 218:507-24. 2000..These results point to a causal role for the VEGF ligand-receptor pairs in pregnancy-associated angiogenesis in the mammary gland, and suggest that they may also regulate vascular permeability during lactation...
- A novel functional polymorphism in the PECAM-1 gene (53G>A) is associated with progression of atherosclerosis in the LOCAT and REGRESS studiesMohamed A Elrayess
The Centre for Cardiovascular Genetics, British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College London, Rayne Building, 5 University Street, UK
Atherosclerosis 168:131-8. 2003A 53G>A polymorphism identified in the 5' untranslated region (5'UTR) of the platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1) gene alters a putative shear stress responsive element (SSRE)...
- Discontinuous expression of endothelial cell adhesion molecules along initial lymphatic vessels in mesentery: the primary valve structureWalter L Murfee
Department of Bioengineering, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code 0412, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Lymphat Res Biol 5:81-9. 2007..The objective of this study was to evaluate the expression pattern of adhesion molecules at endothelial cell junctions in an adult initial lymphatic network...
- The homozygous combination of Leu125Val and Ser563Asn polymorphisms in the PECAM1 (CD31) gene is associated with early severe coronary heart diseaseK Wenzel
Medical Clinic I, Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Hum Mutat 14:545. 1999
- Expression of platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 between pancreatic microcirculation and peripheral circulation in rats with acute edematous pancreatitisHong Kai Gao
Department of General Surgery and Institute of Digestive Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 2:463-6. 2003To study the changes of platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1) expression on polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMNs) in peripheral circulation and pancreatic microcirculation in rats with acute edematous pancreatitis (AEP).
- Effect and mechanism of panaxoside Rg1 on neovascularization in myocardial infarction ratsXiao Dong Wang
Department of Cardiac Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Chin J Integr Med 16:162-6. 2010..To investigate the effects and mechanisms of panaxoside Rg1 on the new vessel formation in acute myocardial infarction (AMI) rats...
- Gene expression profiling in glomeruli from human kidneys with diabetic nephropathyHans J Baelde
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Kidney Dis 43:636-50. 2004..To obtain more insight into processes that lead to DN, messenger RNA expression profiles of diabetic glomeruli and glomeruli from healthy individuals were compared...
- Nitric oxide modulates lipopolysaccharide-induced endothelial platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule expression via interleukin-10C B Hebeda
Department of Clinical and Toxicological Analyses, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Exp Immunol 165:172-9. 2011We have shown previously that nitric oxide (NO) controls platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule (PECAM-1) expression on both neutrophils and endothelial cells under physiological conditions...
- scVEGF Targeted Radiotherapy of Mammary and Colonic CancerFRANCIS GERARD BLANKENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2010..Successful completion of our proposal will give the needed preclinical data for pursuing scVEGF targeted radiotherapy in other models and ultimately clinical applications. ..
- Caveolin-1 and NO Regulate PMN-mediated Increases in Vascular PermeabilityRichard D Minshall; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- IMAGING APOPTOSIS IN VIVO WITH TECHNETIUM 99M ANNEXINFrancis Blankenberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Zeiss Dynamic Laser TIRFRichard Minshall; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IMAGING APOPTOSIS IN VIVO WITH TECHNETIUM 99M ANNEXINFrancis Blankenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..Completion of this proposal will aid in the design and planning of clinical trials that will study the use of serial annexin V imaging as a non-invasive marker of cellular injury and therapeutic efficacy. ..