Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pdgfrb
Description: platelet derived growth factor receptor beta
Alias: PDGFR-1, platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta, CD140 antigen-like family member B, PDGF-R-beta, PDGFR-beta, Platelet-derived growth factor receptor, beta, beta platelet-derived growth factor receptor, beta-type platelet-derived growth factor receptor, platelet derived growth factor receptor, beta polypeptide, platelet-derived growth factor receptor 1, platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta variant 1
- Dominant-negative soluble PDGF-beta receptor inhibits hepatic stellate cell activation and attenuates liver fibrosisErawan Borkham-Kamphorst
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, RWTH University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Lab Invest 84:766-77. 2004....
- Effects of ribozyme targeting platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta subunit gene on the proliferation and apoptosis of hepatic stellate cells in vitroYue Xiang Chen
Department of Gastroenterology, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200003, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 118:982-8. 2005..This study investigated the cleavage activity of hammerhead ribozyme targeting PDGFR-beta mRNA in HSC and the effect on biological characteristics of HSC...
- Functional blockade of platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta but not of receptor-alpha prevents vascular smooth muscle cell accumulation in fibrous cap lesions in apolipoprotein E-deficient miceH Sano
Departments of Geriatric Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Circulation 103:2955-60. 2001..To clarify this problem, we prepared antagonistic rat monoclonal antibodies, APA5 and APB5, against murine PDGFR-alpha and PDGFR-beta, respectively...
- Activation of MAP kinases, Akt and PDGF receptors in injured peripheral nervesTakashi Yamazaki
Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences for Research, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
J Peripher Nerv Syst 14:165-76. 2009..Furthermore, the immunohistological studies suggested a role of ERK and PDGFR-alpha in axon regeneration as well...
- A high-potassium diet reduces infarct size and improves vascular structure in hypertensive ratsAnne M Dorrance
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Georgia, GA 30912 3000, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R415-22. 2007..These results suggest that potassium supplementation provides neuroprotection in a model of ischemic stroke independent of blood pressure and possibly through changes in vascular structure...
- Response to imatinib mesylate in patients with chronic myeloproliferative diseases with rearrangements of the platelet-derived growth factor receptor betaJane F Apperley
Department of Haematology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 347:481-7. 2002..diseases have constitutive activation of the gene for platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta (PDGFRB), which encodes a receptor tyrosine kinase...
- Autoantigen-pulsed dendritic cells constitute a beneficial cytokine and growth factor network in ameliorating experimental allergic encephalomyelitisXuan Liu
Division of Neuroimmunology, Neurotec Department, Karolinska Institute, 14183 Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Mult Scler 11:381-9. 2005..In line with the suppression of EAE induced by MBP-pulsed DC, the dynamic change of cytokines and growth factors in spinal cords should constitute a beneficial microenvironment against EAE...
- The effect of acute rejection and cyclosporin A-treatment on induction of platelet-derived growth factor and its receptors during the development of chronic rat renal allograft rejectionJohanna Savikko
Transplantation Laboratory, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, P O Box 21 Haartmaninkatu 3, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Transplantation 73:506-11. 2002..We have investigated the impact of AR and different doses of CsA on the expression of PDGF ligands and receptors in the development of CR...
- Inhibition of platelet-derived growth factor actions in the embryonic testis influences normal cord development and morphologyMehmet Uzumcu
Center for Reproductive Biology, School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 4231, USA
Biol Reprod 66:745-53. 2002..b>PDGFR beta-receptor immunoreactivity was primarily localized to the mesonephros of E14 organs and the testicular ..
- Myocardin regulates vascular response to injury through miR-24/-29a and platelet-derived growth factor receptor-βAmarnath Talasila
From the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Centre for Clinical Investigation, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom A T, H Y, M A J, M R B, S S and Division of Biopharmaceutics, Leiden Amsterdam Centre for Drug Research, Leiden University, Einsteinweg, Leiden, The Netherlands M R B, T v B, I B
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:2355-65. 2013..Myocardin levels are reduced during vascular injury, in association with phenotypic switching of smooth muscle cells (SMCs). However, the direct role of myocardin in vascular disease is unclear...
- Mechanical stretch increases MMP-2 production in vascular smooth muscle cells via activation of PDGFR-β/Akt signaling pathwayKyo Won Seo
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, and Medical Research Center for Ischemic Tissue Regeneration, Pusan National University, Yangsan, Gyeongnam, Republic of Korea
PLoS ONE 8:e70437. 2013..Collectively, our data indicate that MS induces MMP-2 production in VSMC via activation of Akt pathway, that is mediated by activation of PDGFR-β signaling pathways. ..
- Bolus endovascular PDGFR-beta antisense treatment suppressed intimal hyperplasia in a rat carotid injury modelN Noiseux
Montreal Heart Institute and Department of Pharmacology, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Circulation 102:1330-6. 2000....
- Nilotinib-mediated mucosal healing in a rat model of colitisPinar Ataca
Pinar Ataca, Department of Internal Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Inciralti, Izmir 35340, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 19:6237-44. 2013..To investigate the effects of nilotinib in a rat model of trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid (TNBS)-induced colitis...
- The tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1 inhibits proliferation of activated hepatic stellate cells by impairing PDGF receptor signalingElena Tibaldi
Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Padua, Viale G Colombo 3, 35131 Padua, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1843:288-98. 2014....
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ interrupts angiogenic signal transduction by transrepression of platelet-derived growth factor-β receptor in hepatic stellate cellsFeng Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing 210023, China
J Cell Sci 127:305-14. 2014..PPARγ could be a molecular target for preventing vascular remolding in hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Better-surviving liver grafts by the injection of anti-CD2 antibody: the important roles of host CD8+ and CD2+CD28+ T cells in chronic graft rejection and beta type platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR-beta) expression on apoptotic liver graftsT Nakatsuji
Department of Transfusion, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 187:215-25. 1999..Prolonged graft survival was observed in only one of the 9 rats. Anti-CD2 MAb was effective for prolonging the liver graft survival with suppressed CD28 antigen, but anti-PDGFR-beta Ab and splenectomy were not...
- Inflammatory cytokines promote growth of intestinal smooth muscle cells by induced expression of PDGF-RβDileep G Nair
Gastrointestinal Diseases Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Cell Mol Med 18:444-54. 2014..Thus, pro-inflammatory cytokines both initiate and maintain a growth response in CSMC via PDGF-Rβ and serum-derived PDGF-BB, and control of PDGF-Rβ expression may be beneficial in chronic intestinal inflammation...
- IL-1β Induces MMP-9-Dependent Brain Astrocytic Migration via Transactivation of PDGF Receptor/NADPH Oxidase 2-Derived Reactive Oxygen Species SignalsChuen Mao Yang
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology and Health Aging Research Center, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, 259 Wen Hwa 1st Road, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Mol Neurobiol 52:303-17. 2015..These results demonstrated that in RBA-1 cells, activation of NF-κB and AP-1 (ATF2) by the c-Src/PDGFR/PI3K/Akt-mediated Nox2/ROS/MAPKs signals is required for upregulation of MMP-9 and cell migration enhanced by IL-1β. ..
- Temporal changes in gene expression following cryogenic rat brain injuryJ L Cook
Ochsner Medical Foundation, Division of Research, New Orleans, LA, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 55:9-19. 1998..In the present model, many genes demonstrate elevated RNA levels in the cortex prior to hippocampus, following injury. RNAs transcribed from late genes tend to be elevated concurrently in cortex and hippocampus...
- Role of retinoic acid and platelet-derived growth factor receptor cross talk in the regulation of neonatal gonocyte and embryonal carcinoma cell differentiationGurpreet Manku
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre G M, V M, A B, M C, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G1A4 Departments of Pharmacology and Therapeutics G M, M C Medicine M C, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G1A4 Department of Biochemistry and Molecular and Cellular Biology Y W, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057 and Protein Characterization Laboratory X Y, J B, Cancer Research Technology Program, Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc, Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland 21702
Endocrinology 156:346-59. 2015..These results suggest that gonocyte and F9 cell differentiation is regulated via cross talk between RA and PDGFRs using different downstream pathways...
- Dihydroartemisinin alleviates bile duct ligation-induced liver fibrosis and hepatic stellate cell activation by interfering with the PDGF-βR/ERK signaling pathwayQin Chen
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing 210023, Jiangsu Province, China
Int Immunopharmacol 34:250-8. 2016..These data collectively revealed that DHA relieved liver fibrosis possibly by targeting HSCs via the PDGF-βR/ERK pathway. DHA may be a therapeutic antifibrotic agent for the treatment of hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Clitocybin B inhibits rat aortic smooth muscle cell proliferation through suppressing PDGF-Rβ phosphorylationKyu Dong Yoo
College of Pharmacy, CBITRC, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Republic of Korea
Vascul Pharmacol 56:91-7. 2012..Thus, clitocybin B may be an effective antiproliferative agent for the prevention of atherosclerosis and restenosis...
- Activation of PDGFR and EGFR promotes the acquisition of a stem cell-like phenotype in schwannomasDavid Yi
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Diego, California, USA
Otol Neurotol 33:1640-7. 2012....
- Sphingosine 1-phosphate transactivates the platelet-derived growth factor beta receptor and epidermal growth factor receptor in vascular smooth muscle cellsTatsuo Tanimoto
Center for Cardiovascular Research, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Circ Res 94:1050-8. 2004..These data establish S1P as an important stimulus for EGFR and PDGFbetaR activation in VSMCs that may have important implications for the vessel response to injury...
- PDGF receptor β signaling in pericytes following ischemic brain injuryKoichi Arimura
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Curr Neurovasc Res 9:1-9. 2012..Thus, the PDGFRβ-Akt signaling in brain pericytes may play various important roles leading to neuroprotection after ischemic stroke...
- Blockade of PDGFR-β activation eliminates morphine analgesic toleranceYan Wang
Department of Anesthesiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Nat Med 18:385-7. 2012..PDGFR-β inhibitors are widely used and well tolerated, suggesting that clinical translation of our findings could reduce the suffering endured by individuals with intractable pain...
- Estrogen-induced smooth muscle cell growth is regulated by tuberin and associated with altered activation of platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta and ERK-1/2Geraldine A Finlay
Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, Department of Medicine, Tupper Research Institute, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 279:23114-22. 2004..Furthermore, the opposing effects of tuberin on estrogen-induced activation of PDGFRbeta and ERK-1/-2 suggest a pivotal role for tuberin in directing the signaling events that dictate the growth response to E2...
- PDGF-β receptor and PKC have no effect on angiotensin II-induced JAK2 and STAT1 phosphorylation in vascular smooth muscle cells under high glucose conditionOktay Hasan Ozturk
Department of Biochemistry, Medical School, Mustafa Kemal University, Antakya, Hatay, Turkey
J Recept Signal Transduct Res 31:340-9. 2011..In our study, we examined the role of PKC and PDGF receptor on JAK2 and STAT1 phosphorylation under high glucose (HG) condition (25 mmol/L) in response to Ang II in cultured vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMC)...
- PDGF- and insulin/IGF-1-specific distinct modes of class IA PI 3-kinase activation in normal rat retinas and RGC-5 retinal ganglion cellsSwarajit K Biswas
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:3687-98. 2008..To compare PDGF- and insulin/IGF-1-induced class I(A) PI 3-kinase/Akt survival signaling in normal retinas and retinal ganglion cells (RGCs)...
- PDGFRβ triggered by bFGF promotes the proliferation and migration of endothelial progenitor cells via p-ERK signallingSufen Guo
Department of Pathology, Mudanjiang Medical University, People s Republic of China
Cell Biol Int 36:945-50. 2012..The findings strongly suggest that a PDGFRβ/p-ERK signalling pathway triggered by bFGF plays an important role in the proliferation and migration of EPCs...
- Expression of endothelial PDGF receptors alpha and beta in breast cancer: up-regulation of endothelial PDGF receptor betaT Vrekoussis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital and Medical School, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Oncol Rep 17:1115-9. 2007..05). No statistical difference was revealed by studying PDGFRalpha expression. In conclusion, our findings support the thesis of possible anti-PDGFRbeta anti-angiogenic therapy, in cases of endothelial PDGFRbeta-expressing breast cancer...
- Oligohydramnios decreases platelet-derived growth factor expression in fetal rat lungsChung Ming Chen
Department of Pediatrics, Taipei Medical University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Neonatology 92:187-93. 2007..To evaluate the effects of experimental oligohydramnios on lung growth, expression of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) and its receptors, and lung morphology in fetal rats...
- Angiotensin II stimulates phosphorylation of an ectodomain-truncated platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta and its binding to class IA PI3K in vascular smooth muscle cellsBen Bo Gao
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Biochem J 397:337-44. 2006..Our result suggests that the p70 PDGFR-beta functions as an adapter that recruits PI3K to the membrane upon AT1 receptor stimulation...
- Melittin, a major bioactive component of bee venom toxin, inhibits PDGF receptor beta-tyrosine phosphorylation and downstream intracellular signal transduction in rat aortic vascular smooth muscle cellsDong Ju Son
College of Pharmacy and CBITRC, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, Republic of Korea
J Toxicol Environ Health A 70:1350-5. 2007....
- Constitutive diffuse activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase at the plasma membrane by v-Src suppresses the chemotactic response to PDGF by abrogating the polarity of PDGF receptor signallingAnna Platek
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, CELL Unit, UCL 75 41, Avenue Hippocrate, 75, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Exp Cell Res 313:1090-105. 2007..Thus, PDGF can further increase PDGFR auto-phosphorylation despite strong Src kinase activity, but diffuse downstream activation of PI3-K by Src abrogates cell polarization and chemotaxis: "signalling requires silence"...
- A stroma targeted therapy enhances castration effects in a transplantable rat prostate cancer modelAnna Johansson
Department of Medical Bioscience, Pathology, Umea University, Sweden
Prostate 67:1664-76. 2007..We therefore used animal tumor models to explore the importance of stroma and vascular effects, and if castration effects could be enhanced by a simultaneous therapy targeting the tumor stroma...
- Crosstalk between angiotensin II and platelet derived growth factor-BB mediated signal pathways in cardiomyocytesCheng Wang
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology and Key Laboratory of Molecular Cardiovascular Sciences, Ministry of Education, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100083, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:236-40. 2008..Therefore, the crosstalk between AngII and PDGF-BB mediated signal pathways in the rat cardiomyocytes was investigated in this study...
- Lysyl oxidase oxidizes cell membrane proteins and enhances the chemotactic response of vascular smooth muscle cellsHector A Lucero
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 283:24103-17. 2008..These novel findings suggest that LOX activity is essential to generate optimal chemotactic sensitivity of cells to chemoattractants by oxidizing specific cell surface proteins, such as PDGFR-beta...
- Gene transfer of redox factor-1 inhibits neointimal formation: involvement of platelet-derived growth factor-beta receptor signaling via the inhibition of the reactive oxygen species-mediated Syk pathwayHwan Myung Lee
Institute of Medical Sciences, School of Medicine, Konkuk University, Chungju, South Korea
Circ Res 104:219-27, 5p following 227. 2009..These results indicate that Ref-1 inhibits the PDGF-mediated migration signal via the inhibition of reactive oxygen species-mediated Syk activity in RASMCs...
- Differential effects of red and white wines on inhibition of the platelet-derived growth factor receptor: impact of the mash fermentationJan Sparwel
Klinik III fur Innere Medizin, Universitat zu Koln, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 81:758-70. 2009..Platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) is an important contributor to atherogenesis. We investigated the effects of selected red and white wines on PDGF receptor (PDGFR) signalling in rat and human vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs)...
- Abelson tyrosine kinase links PDGFbeta receptor activation to cytoskeletal regulation of NMDA receptors in CA1 hippocampal neuronsMichael A Beazely
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
Mol Brain 1:20. 2008..The mechanism whereby PDGF receptor regulates cytoskeletal dynamics in central neurons remains poorly understood...
- Platelet-derived growth factor selectively inhibits NR2B-containing N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in CA1 hippocampal neuronsMichael A Beazely
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 284:8054-63. 2009..We conclude that PDGFbetaR signaling, by preferentially targeting NR2B receptors, provides an important mechanism for neuroprotection by growth factors in the central nervous system...
- VEGFR2+PDGFRbeta+ circulating precursor cells participate in capillary restoration after hyperoxia acute lung injury (HALI)Rosemary Jones
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Cell Mol Med 13:3720-9. 2009..haematopoietic cells co-expressing vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2) and platelet derived growth factor receptor beta (PDGFRbeta)...
- Potential roles of growth factor PDGF-BB in the bony repair of injured growth plateRosa Chung
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, Australia
Bone 44:878-85. 2009..These results suggest that PDGF-BB contributes to growth plate injury repair by promoting mesenchymal progenitor cell infiltration, the chondrogenic and osteogenic responses, and remodelling of the repair tissues...
- ROS and PDGF-beta [corrected] receptors are critically involved in indoxyl sulfate actions that promote vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and migrationHidehisa Shimizu
Graduate School of Life and Environment Sciences, Alliance for Research on North Africa, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C389-96. 2009....
- Effects of lipopolysaccharide on platelet-derived growth factor isoform and receptor expression in cultured rat common bile duct fibroblasts and cholangiocytesTae Hyeon Kim
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington and Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle Division, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:1218-25. 2009..We therefore sought to investigate whether exposure to bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) alters PDGF isoform and receptor expression in cultured rat common bile duct fibroblasts (CBDF) and normal rat cholangiocytes (NRC)...
- Role of growth factor receptor transactivation in high glucose-induced increased levels of Gq/11alpha and signaling in vascular smooth muscle cellsMagda Descorbeth
Department of Physiology, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Mol Cell Cardiol 49:221-33. 2010....
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase PTPepsilonM negatively regulates PDGF beta-receptor signaling induced by high glucose and PDGF in vascular smooth muscle cellsHidehisa Shimizu
Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Alliance for Research on North Africa, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 299:C1144-52. 2010..Therefore, PTPεM negatively regulates PDGFRβ-mediated signaling pathways that are crucial for the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis, and PTPεM may be involved in diabetes-accelerated atherosclerosis...
- Regulation of cell growth by redox-mediated extracellular proteolysis of platelet-derived growth factor receptor betaH Okuyama
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8397, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:28274-80. 2001..These results indicated that redox processes impact the cell's response to growth factors by regulating the turnover of growth factor receptors and that "redox therapy" is promising for fibrosis-related disease...
- Ligand-independent trans-activation of the platelet-derived growth factor receptor by reactive oxygen species requires protein kinase C-delta and c-SrcShuichi Saito
Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0146, USA
J Biol Chem 277:44695-700. 2002....
- p73 independent of c-Myc represses transcription of platelet-derived growth factor beta-receptor through interaction with NF-YAnders Hackzell
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Goteborg University, Box 420, SE 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
J Biol Chem 277:39769-76. 2002..Our results indicate that serum stimulation induces c-Myc and p73alpha, leading to the down-regulation of PDGF beta-receptor expression by repressing its transcription...
- Enhancement of glomerular platelet-derived growth factor beta-receptor tyrosine phosphorylation in hypertensive rats and its inhibition by calcium channel blockerYumei Zhan
Department of Pharmacology, Osaka City University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
Hypertens Res 25:295-301. 2002....
- Expression of platelet-derived growth factor-A (PDGF-A), PDGF-B, and PDGF receptor-alpha and -beta during human testicular development and diseaseSabrina Basciani
Dipartimento di Fisiopatologia Medica, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Policlinico Umberto I, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2310-9. 2002..Finally, the expression of PDGF ligands and receptor proteins in Leydig cell tumors suggests a relationship of the PDGF system to tumorigenesis or tumor progression in this testicular neoplasm...
- Role of platelet-derived growth factor receptor-mediated signal transduction in myocardial hypertrophy of spontaneously hypertensive ratsJie Liu
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100083
Sheng Li Xue Bao 54:159-64. 2002..These findings suggest that PDGF beta receptor may play an important role in the myocardial hypertrophy of spontaneously hypertensive rats...
- Platelet-derived growth factor-BB-mediated glycosaminoglycan synthesis is transduced through AktNicholas J Cartel
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1L5
Biochem J 363:19-28. 2002..These data suggest that Akt is an integral protein involved in PDGF-BB-mediated GAG regulation in fetal lung fibroblasts...
- Effect of platelet-derived growth factor isoforms in rat metanephric mesenchymal cellsJill M Ricono
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 282:F211-9. 2002..Collectively, the data may have implications related to the failure of PDGF AA to rescue mesangial cell phenotype in PDGF B-chain or PDGF-beta-receptor deficiency...
- PDGF-BB-mediated activation of p42(MAPK) is independent of PDGF beta-receptor tyrosine phosphorylationN J Cartel
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group in Lung Development, Programme in Lung Biology, Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 281:L786-98. 2001..These results suggest that PDGF-BB-mediated activation of p42(MAPK) requires the PDGFR-beta but is independent of its tyrosine phosphorylation...
- [A preliminary study on the changes of expression of PDGF-beta, PDGFR-beta, TGF-beta 1, TGFR, bFGF and its relationship with the wound age in wound healing]H J Wang
Department of Forensic Pathology, First Military Medical University, Guangzhou 510515
Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi 17:198-201, 204. 2001..To explore the relationship between the expression change of cytokines and the wound age during the healing process of rats skin wound...
- Immunohistochemical characterization of glomerular PDGF B-chain and PDGF beta-receptor expression in diabetic ratsH Nakagawa
Third Department of Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Seta, Otsu, Shiga, Japan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 48:87-98. 2000..Our results suggest that the activation of the PDGF system in glomerular cells might play an important role in the development of early glomerular lesion in diabetes...
- Platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta regulates migration and DNA synthesis in metanephric mesenchymal cellsM Arar
Department of Pediatrics, South Texas Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care System, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
J Biol Chem 275:9527-33. 2000Platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) B-chain and PDGF receptor beta (PDGFR beta) are essential for glomerulogenesis...
- Role of PDGF B-chain and PDGF receptors in rat tubular regeneration after acute injuryT Nakagawa
Third Department of Medicine, Second Department of Pathology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Japan
Am J Pathol 155:1689-99. 1999..These findings suggest that the PDGF-B/PDGFRs axis is involved in the proliferation of injured tubular cells and plays an important role in the regeneration of tubular cells from acute ischemic injury...
- Identification of a new quantitative trait locus on chromosome 7 controlling disease severity of collagen-induced arthritis in ratsS V Dracheva
Inflammatory Joint Diseases Section, Arthritis and Rheumatism Branch, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 10, Room 9N240, 10 Center Drive MSC 1820, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Immunogenetics 49:787-91. 1999....
- Quantitative trait loci disposing for both experimental arthritis and encephalomyelitis in the DA rat; impact on severity of myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein-induced experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and antibody isotype patternI Dahlman
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Immunol 28:2188-96. 1998..We conclude that Cia3 and Oia2 regulate MOG-induced EAE in rats. Furthermore, since both EAE and arthritis phenotypes co-localize to these gene regions, they may harbor genes which are key regulators of pathogenic immune responses...
- A genome scan localizes five non-MHC loci controlling collagen-induced arthritis in ratsE F Remmers
Inflammatory Joint Diseases Section, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Genet 14:82-5. 1996..These genes may also represent novel targets for therapy...
- Successive activation of the platelet-derived growth factor beta receptor and platelet-derived growth factor B genes correlates with the genesis of human choriocarcinomaL Holmgren
Institute for Experimental Drug Research, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Res 53:2927-31. 1993....
- Blocking platelet-derived growth factor-D/platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta signaling inhibits human renal cell carcinoma progression in an orthotopic mouse modelLei Xu
Edwin L Steele Laboratory, Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cancer Res 65:5711-9. 2005....
- A novel DNA vaccine encoding PDGFRbeta suppresses growth and dissemination of murine colon, lung and breast carcinomaCharles D Kaplan
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Vaccine 24:6994-7002. 2006..Furthermore, this novel vaccine suppresses angiogenesis in vivo and reduces the numbers of tumor-associated, mPDGFRbeta-expressing pericytes as suggested by a decrease in intra-tumoral expression of mPDGFRbeta and NG2...
- PDGF and microvessel wall remodeling in adult lung: imaging PDGF-Rbeta and PDGF-BB molecules in progenitor smooth muscle cells developing in pulmonary hypertensionRosemary Jones
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Ultrastruct Pathol 30:267-81. 2006..In clear contrast to the RTK, constitutive expression levels of PDGF-BB were low in each progenitor cell type and remained restricted in the hypertensive lung...
- Comparative transcriptional and functional profiling of clear cell and papillary renal cell carcinomaJulia Diegmann
Core Unit Chip Application CUCA, Institute of Human Genetics and Anthropology, Friedrich Schiller University, 07740 Jena, Germany
Int J Mol Med 18:395-403. 2006..Within these we found five surface marker genes to be upregulated (TNFRSF10B, CD70, TNFR1, PDGFRB, and BAFF) which are involved in immune responses via the regulation of lymphocytes and can also induce apoptosis...
- Autocrine PDGFR signaling promotes mammary cancer metastasisMartin Jechlinger
Research Institute for Molecular Pathology, Vienna, Austria
J Clin Invest 116:1561-70. 2006..Thus, autocrine PDGFR signaling plays an essential role during cancer progression, suggesting a novel application of STI571 to therapeutically interfere with metastasis...
- Conservation in sequence and affinity of human and rodent PDGF ligands and receptorsB Herren
Pharma Division, Preclinical Research, F Hoffmann La Roche, Basel, Switzerland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1173:294-302. 1993..Dissociation constants were identical to those of their human homologs. Thus, high affinity binding of human PDGF-BB to extracellular domains does not depend on species origin but only on receptor type...
- c-Src couples PI 3 kinase/Akt and MAPK signaling to PDGF-induced DNA synthesis in mesangial cellsGoutam Ghosh Choudhury
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Cell Signal 18:1854-64. 2006..Furthermore our results demonstrate that c-Src integrates signals into the nucleus to activate CDK2, which is required for DNA synthesis...
- Inhibition of PDGF beta-receptor tyrosine phosphorylation and its downstream intracellular signal transduction in rat aortic vascular smooth muscle cells by kaempferolSoo Yeon Kim
College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, Korea
Planta Med 71:599-603. 2005....
- Expression patterns of PDGF-A, -B, -C and -D and the PDGF-receptors alpha and beta in activated rat hepatic stellate cells (HSC)Katja Breitkopf
Department of Medicine II, Mol Alcohol Research in Gastroenterology, University Hospital Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Cytokine 31:349-57. 2005..Given the dramatic changes in PDGF-C and -D expression, which may compensate for down-regulation of PDGF-B, we hypothesize that the new PDGF isoforms may fulfil specific functions in hepatic fibrogenesis...
- Identification and distribution of a novel platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta variant: effect of retinoic acid and involvement in cell differentiationYan Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D C 20057, USA
Endocrinology 148:2233-50. 2007..These results suggest that the expression of V1-PDGFRbeta is tightly regulated during differentiation and that it may play an active role in germ cell differentiation...
- Expression and mutational analysis of tyrosine kinase receptors c-kit, PDGFRalpha, and PDGFRbeta in ovarian cancersSharon P Wilczynski
Department of Pathology, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Hum Pathol 36:242-9. 2005..expression and mutational state for 3 TKRs (c-kit, platelet-derived growth factor receptor [PDGFR] alpha, and PDGFR beta) in ovarian cancer...
- A role for platelet-derived growth factor beta-receptor in a newborn rat model of endothelin-mediated pulmonary vascular remodelingRobert P Jankov
Clinical Integrative Biology, Sunnybrook and Women s Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 288:L1162-70. 2005..Collectively, these data are consistent with a major role for PDGF-betaR-mediated SMC proliferation, acting downstream of increased ET-1 in a newborn rat model of 60% O2-induced pulmonary hypertension...
- Expression of platelet-derived growth factor in the developing cochlea of ratsYun Woo Lee
The Auditory Molecular Biology Laboratory, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Acta Otolaryngol 124:558-62. 2004..However, little is known about the expression of PDGF in the developing cochlea of rodents...
- Glomerular expression of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)-A, -B chain and PDGF receptor-alpha, -beta in human diabetic nephropathyGoro Uehara
Division of Nephrology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, Bohseidai, Isehara, Kanagawa, 259 1193, Japan
Clin Exp Nephrol 8:36-42. 2004..The present study was designed to determine the expression of PDGF and PDF receptor (PDGFR) mRNA in the renal tissues of type 2 diabetic patients with DN...
- Activation of Src kinase in platelet-derived growth factor-B-dependent tubular regeneration after acute ischemic renal injuryMikiko Takikita-Suzuki
Department of Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Seta, Otsu, Japan
Am J Pathol 163:277-86. 2003..These findings suggest that active Src participates in PDGF-B-dependent regeneration of tubular cells from acute ischemic injury...
- Pattern formation of vascular smooth muscle cells subject to nonuniform fluid shear stress: role of PDGF-beta receptor and SrcShu Q Liu
Biomedical Engineering Department, E334, Technology Institute, Northwestern University, 2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60208 3107, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 285:H1081-90. 2003..These observations suggest that PDGF-beta receptor and Src possibly serve as mediating factors in nonuniform shear-induced formation of cell density gradients and alignment of SMCs in the neointima of vascular polymer implants...
- Prenatal exposure to estrogenic compounds alters the expression pattern of platelet-derived growth factor receptors alpha and beta in neonatal rat testis: identification of gonocytes as targets of estrogen exposureRaphael Thuillier
Division of Hormone Research, Department of Cell Biology, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, District of Columbia 20057, USA
Biol Reprod 68:867-80. 2003..These results, however, do not exclude the possibility that the effects of the compounds examined in this study might be due to estrogen receptor-independent action(s)...
- Effects of intracellular angiotensin IIJulia Cook; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- PHOSPHORYLATION IN RENAL CELL INJURYGoutam Ghosh Choudhury; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will identify important signaling mechanisms involved in glomerular pathology and help to establish effective therapeutic modalities for treatment of proliferative forms of GN. ..
- Fi02 and Blood Vessel Formation in Adult LungRosemary Jones; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- The Role of Tuberin in Smooth Muscle Cell ProliferationGeraldine Finlay; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..